Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 11:42 am

Post by Pine »

You practically begged for it. You're intolerable for most people to play with, as evidenced by the fact that some of the classiest players and mods on this site are blacklisting you for dickishness
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 11:43 am

Post by SpyreX »

I had no personal revenge.

Even with hindsight I'd still do it again.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 11:48 am

Post by Ythan »

Players have to play to their wincon based on what they see, and when they see you they see erratic bullshit nonsense.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 12:11 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 927, Ythan wrote:Players have to play to their wincon based on what they see, and when they see you they see erratic bullshit nonsense.

that's a pretty damning sentiment in a game that also involved me
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 4:11 pm

Post by Umbrage »

In post 924, Ythan wrote:Umbrage you got lynched for a reason.

Yes, and that reason had nothing to do with gameplay.

You all seem to be under the opinion that it's OK to let your personal feelings influence the game. That's really sad.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 4:16 pm

Post by Staeg »

Feelings can and will influence the game because we're human. We can make all the wrong decisions if we're angry or stressed, and you can have a guess as to what keeping you in the game would do.

Besides, the whole "play to win" thing only goes so far. If people rather break their ribs in and bite their own balls off rather than play with you, you're the problem, not them. They play to win by lynching you and preserving their sanity.
sa vrede?
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Post by Nuwen »

The reason had quite a bit with you being a disruptive loudmouth blinded by what you believed to be "confirmed town," which in turn lead you to behave in such a grossly unaccountable way that the town was forced to kill you off.

Much to its benefit.

Your votes and reads almost facilitated the lynches of EVERY claimed power role up until your death, which the scum team capitalized scum. Scum didn't even need to touch your wagon because so many pro-town players agreed you were a destructive force. There was nothing artificial or contrived about your expulsion from the island; you're a weak link and a liability.

And fucking irritating as hell even after the game is over.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Post by Nuwen »

The reason had quite a bit with you being a disruptive loudmouth blinded by what you believed to be "confirmed town," which in turn lead you to behave in such a grossly unaccountable way that the town was forced to kill you off.

Much to its benefit.

Your votes and reads almost facilitated the lynches of EVERY claimed power role up until your death, which the scum team capitalized scum. Scum didn't even need to touch your wagon because so many pro-town players agreed you were a destructive force. There was nothing artificial or contrived about your expulsion from the island; you're a weak link and a liability.

So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Post by Umbrage »

In post 932, Nuwen wrote:The reason had quite a bit with you being a disruptive loudmouth blinded by what you believed to be "confirmed town," which in turn lead you to behave in such a grossly unaccountable way that the town was forced to kill you off.

Much to its benefit.

Errors in this post:

1) Quotations around confirmed town. I was confirmed town. I have yet to see anyone create a valid argument as to why I could've been scum.

2) My votes and reads facilitated fuck-all. Nobody bothered to actually listen or respond to my cases. If they did, scum wouldn't have killed dybeck.

3) Yes, I was a liability. I was a Beloved Princess, and thus a liability to the town. But town could've avoided my role by not lynching me. So you don't have the right to say I was a liability when the most profoundly negative effect I had on the game was the rest of the town's fault.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 4:42 pm

Post by Pine »

You were in no way confirmed. No one, not even me, one of the only Townies who thought you might be Town, thought you were confirmed. Any delusions of you being confirmed were pathetic figments of your self-aggrandizing imagination. Stop grandstanding, you unmitigated tool.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 4:47 pm

Post by Xalxe »

No valid arguments as to scum possibilities does not constitute confirmation of town status. Confirmed cop results, mod confirmation, etc are confirmation.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 7:34 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 935, Xalxe wrote:No valid arguments as to scum possibilities does not constitute confirmation of town status. Confirmed cop results, mod confirmation, etc are confirmation.

pretty much this. I hate the current site meta where people throw the term "conftown" around so much

back in my fucking day, we were paranoid as shit. We'd lynch our own mothers if they were scummy, even if a cop had an innocent on them (bitch must be godfather)

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 2:13 am

Post by Umbrage »

In post 934, Pine wrote:You were in no way confirmed. No one, not even me, one of the only Townies who thought you might be Town, thought you were confirmed. Any delusions of you being confirmed were pathetic figments of your self-aggrandizing imagination. Stop grandstanding, you unmitigated tool.

Here we go again:

1) I claimed Beloved.

2) The only possible reason scum would claim Beloved is if they knew there were no vigs.

3) I claimed D1, with no way of knowing whether or not there were vigs.

Isn't it neat how I'm considered a dick, but you're the one calling people pathetic tools?
In post 935, Xalxe wrote:No valid arguments as to scum possibilities does not constitute confirmation of town status. Confirmed cop results, mod confirmation, etc are confirmation.

Negative confirmation can be just as useful as positive confirmation. There's always room for doubt, but there is a line between reasonable and unreasonable doubt. I was confirmed town beyond a reasonable doubt, since scum claiming BP without being forced to claim betting on there being no vigs is idiotic and silly.

You all knew that, but you lynched me anyway. So you played against wincon. That's the bit I find interesting. If you want to blacklist me for being a little noisy fine, but at least notice the hypocrisy.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 3:39 am

Post by kuribo »

God.

If me and DGB hadn't been pants-on-head at the end, we'd have won this shit. I mean this town did everything they could to hand us a win.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 3:42 am

Post by SpyreX »

I KNOW

Teach you to not kill me. Hell half the town would have been like "ohh counterclaim masons? HELL YEA LETS LET THAT SHIT SLIDE"
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 3:48 am

Post by Fate »

In post 937, Umbrage wrote:
In post 934, Pine wrote:You were in no way confirmed. No one, not even me, one of the only Townies who thought you might be Town, thought you were confirmed. Any delusions of you being confirmed were pathetic figments of your self-aggrandizing imagination. Stop grandstanding, you unmitigated tool.

Here we go again:

1) I claimed Beloved.

2) The only possible reason scum would claim Beloved is if they knew there were no vigs.

3) I claimed D1, with no way of knowing whether or not there were vigs.

Isn't it neat how I'm considered a dick, but you're the one calling people pathetic tools?

Negative confirmation can be just as useful as positive confirmation. There's always room for doubt, but there is a line between reasonable and unreasonable doubt. I was confirmed town beyond a reasonable doubt, since scum claiming BP without being forced to claim betting on there being no vigs is idiotic and silly.

You all knew that, but you lynched me anyway. So you played against wincon. That's the bit I find interesting. If you want to blacklist me for being a little noisy fine, but at least notice the hypocrisy.

By this logic weren't Kuribo and DGB CONFIRMED TOWN for claiming something suicidal such as masons?

Just shut the fuck up Umbrage
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 3:48 am

Post by kuribo »

Every time I come back to this game, I think of the glory that would have gone down if I hadn't backed up DGB and just let Pine keep calling her town. :(

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 5:12 am

Post by Pine »

By that logic, scum would never claim Miller, either, so anyone who claimed it is by nature confirmed Town.

And yet, people do.

Umbrage, you seem to have difficulty understanding the meanings of some words. You use the word "confirmed" when you should use "probably" or even just "maybe". You use "never" or "always" when you really mean "rarely" or "usually". Work on that, k?

Much more pressing is the inexplicable hubris, though. Adults admit their mistakes, take responsibility for them, accept the suggestions and advice of their peers, and grow from experiences like this. It's why people are happy to play again with someone like myself, despite my admittedly subpar Town game, and you get blacklisted for your dickishness.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:02 am

Post by Umbrage »

Miller =/= Beloved Princess, now you're just being silly. There was no way I could've been scum, and unless you prove otherwise, you're just an idiot shouting into the wind.

But let's say that I, Umbrage, who takes pride in my near perfect scum record, would randomly decide to pull off the stupidest scum gambit conceivable.

Can anyone who was on my wagon honestly say that they expected me to flip scum? Because that's the main issue.

I did admit and apologize for my mistakes. What did I get in return? More abuse and unwillingness to admit that my lynch was wrong. Why should I grovel when I'm clearly in the right?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:04 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 943, Umbrage wrote:randomly decide to pull off the stupidest scum gambit conceivable.

you'll have a hard time selling that as stupidest scum gambit conceivable in this thread

In post 514, kuribo wrote:calm the fuck down ladies

Brad Altman checking in, mason to DGB

let's lynch these fucking baptists

Vote: RayFrost

HAPPY EASTER YOU FUNDY FUCKS

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:10 am

Post by RachMarie »

@ Kuribo

That one was pretty bad, I also was surprised at you claiming NS's role too, and managing not to get lynched for it.

Overall I will say that I learned a LOT from watching you all play and I got a kick out of the mod flavor posts. It was a fun game to watch.

I may be a bit biased here, but I kinda agree with Pine on the fact that NS pulled it off is a really good job.

Thanks for the fun and the learning.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:10 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 943, Umbrage wrote:
Can anyone who was on my wagon honestly say that they expected me to flip scum? Because that's the main issue.

I really didn't care
what
you flipped.

Wait, was I on your wagon?
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:13 am

Post by RachMarie »

Votecount 2.7

Umbrage - 7 (Wyrd, RayFrost, Nachomamma8, dramonic, SpyreX, Katsuki, jasonT1981) L-1
dybeck - 2 (DGB, Pine) L-4
Nobody Special - 1 (kuribo) L-4
Nacho - 1 (Umbrage) L-7

Not voting - 5 (DeltaWave, dybeck, Nobody Special, RayFrost, Iecerint)

With 15 alive, it's 8 to lynch.

No you were not voting on that one.

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:18 am

Post by RachMarie »

whoops double checked yes you were NS you were the hammer.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:22 am

Post by kuribo »

Votecount wrote:

Umbrage
- 7 (
Wyrd
RayFrost
Nachomamma8
dramonic
SpyreX
Katsuki
jasonT1981
Nobody Special
) L-0
dybeck
- 2 (
DGB
Pine
) L-4
Nobody Special
- 1 (
kuribo
) L-4
Nacho
- 1 (
Umbrage
) L-7

Not voting - 4 (
DeltaWave
dybeck
RayFrost
Iecerint
)

With 15 alive, it's 8 to lynch.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”