newbie 2060: creatures, game ofer

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:52 am

Post by fferyllt »

I should cross-vote but I'm not going to.

If you and Ivy are scum together it will probably be a wait for a quickhammer opportunity.

If you and Luke are together, I don't know why you'd let him do this unless a you/Luke team is convinced that if you don't shake something up you won't get a miselim.

You were trying to steer the vote to Ivy earlier. I want to see that as non-team, but the game's become a hall of mirrors.

Whoever's scum, don't drag this out forever.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:59 am

Post by Ivyeo »

VOTE: fferyllt
I jsut don't see a world in which Luke is scum
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:59 am

Post by unwnd »

VOTE: Fferyllt
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:01 am

Post by unwnd »

Sorry ffery you had the right idea on Bell, and even despite my efforts to convince you otherwise, you still stuck to your guns.
Stop
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:02 am

Post by fferyllt »

gg

Idic
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Ivyeo »

gg, wanted to propose the vote to Luke Earlier, but I wasn't really able to type out something full today, able to get one for long enough though.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:03 am

Post by fferyllt »

At least my opinion of town-Bell doesn't require serious revision!

No hard feelings, Luke. It's a pain getting tunneled like that, but in the end, it was your tunnel that kept me uncertain about scumbinning you.

Idic
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:04 am

Post by unwnd »

Did my presence change your mind even a little bit ffery? Or was what Bell did just oh too much to look away? I was starting to get nervous you and Lukewarm would sync up and vote me out, so I had to play both sides while pretending I was worried about Ivyeo (if things went wrong).
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Lukewarm »

GG I guess.

Since it is apparently unwnd+ivy, I am pretty sure we were losing anyways. Egix was probably directing us to either vote fferyy or myself today (and we would have lost then), but even if we went in to Day 4 with me+fferyy+Ivy, pretty sure we I would have voted fferyy there and lost anyways lol
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:06 am

Post by unwnd »

I thought you were a very logical and well-spoken person regardless of your misread Lukewarm, I've definitely made mistakes like this.
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 908, Lukewarm wrote:GG I guess.
Read that back, and it came across sarcastic lol.

Definitly gg,

the I guess was because when I started typing it was not 100% over. it is now haha
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:07 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 907, unwnd wrote:Did my presence change your mind even a little bit ffery? Or was what Bell did just oh too much to look away? I was starting to get nervous you and Lukewarm would sync up and vote me out, so I had to play both sides while pretending I was worried about Ivyeo (if things went wrong).
It shook me that you weren't seriously considering the scum-me possibility, and I think was right to be concerned that there was nothing in the game thread showing me that you were trying to figure the game out.

Idic
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Ivyeo »

Yeah, It felt pretty solidly ours for a while there, but things started to turn ugly near the end in terms of rereading.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:08 am

Post by unwnd »

Yeah that was just playing up to your side but leaving the option open I was trying to
save
you in case I died
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:10 am

Post by Lukewarm »

@Ivy, I was on the fence about you, but then everyone else had you town read. And then it was this little line, buried in the middle of a bigger post, that made me think you might be a Doctor
In post 464, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 418, fferyllt wrote: ^^ I townread this when I did my first readthrough, especially where she was talking about her reads. I felt like she was showing her analysis, and although it's not really deep analysis, there's definitely some thinking-through that seems efforty for newbscum.

but video mafia for a few weeks, depending on frequency could be a fair bit of game experience even though video/in person is fast and pretty different from text based/forum mafia with long game days.
Played maybe 4 or 5 games a week for a month or two, but each gaame was also a "mini mafia" game which was fast even for video mafia, I just couldn't really keep up with it and felt more like I was just bringing my team down. So I do have experience, but I don't think it really relates here.

As for the consistency, it's consistent in that something about it just sorta felt off
I come in and go from a null read to a POE scumread within a page and the comment it elicited was something about if I was going to put her at E-1.
(idk how to do the qoute thing where you break it into multiple statements so ig I'll just use quote blocks)
I can assure you there is a reason I was asking about e-1,
I wanted to know if I should claim sooner rather than later so town knows if I'm VT or PR

In post 434, Demainer wrote: Ivy's inactivity could be fatalism, or deliberate.
Mostly like, a fuckton of things all coming up these past few days and aaaaaaaa. Still trying to keep up and read though.

As for my vote, Demainer still appears the most likely scum for me. Most of the points I made earlier still being my opinion. FF has shown at times to being pushing for a handful of people at once, but they still seem to be looking for the scummiest of them all.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:10 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Like, if it had been a post all by itself, I think I would have doubted it more, but it was seemed subtly slipped in. Good job haha
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Ivyeo »

Very much intentional, was leaving it open for that day.
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Ivyeo »

In post 915, Lukewarm wrote:Like, if it had been a post all by itself, I think I would have doubted it more, but it was seemed subtly slipped in. Good job haha
Thank you
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:14 am

Post by fferyllt »

Lukewarm, post 464 is why went into shield-mode on Ivy on Day 2. I figured that post was made either by a town PR or scum. I didn't want to say it yet, but I felt like the longer Ivy went without PR claiming today in ELO, the more likely she was scum. I was really torn on whether to speak those words into existence or not.

Idic
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:15 am

Post by unwnd »

Ivy did a great job just keeping her nose out of business. I commend her restraint even if she was busy in some areas, but there was really no reason for Ivyeo to try and flip the script to say if was in her favor
Stop
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:17 am

Post by fferyllt »

demainer's ivy read was good stuff!

Idic
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:18 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I think the scum team was helped a lot this game by just how slow day 1 was. The fact that Ivy was not posting much was shadowed a lot in Day 1 because no one was posting much, and Ivy, you were not even the quietest player. You were at least posting more then Ahri.
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Ivyeo »

In post 918, fferyllt wrote:Lukewarm, post 464 is why went into shield-mode on Ivy on Day 2. I figured that post was made either by a town PR or scum. I didn't want to say it yet, but I felt like the longer Ivy went without PR claiming today in ELO, the more likely she was scum. I was really torn on whether to speak those words into existence or not.
I was thinking I really should just claim Doctor who was Roleblocked, but I was worried town would say "why wouldn't scum just RB the cop and try to kill them" or something
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:22 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 918, fferyllt wrote:Lukewarm, post 464 is why went into shield-mode on Ivy on Day 2. I figured that post was made either by a town PR or scum. I didn't want to say it yet, but I felt like the longer Ivy went without PR claiming today in ELO, the more likely she was scum. I was really torn on whether to speak those words into existence or not.
Another think that shifted her out of my concideration, for me at least, was the fact that you brought me back into suspicion :dead:

When I was being universally town read, I was juggling around how to best approach you+bell+demainer+Ivy. But then you put me back in suspicion, so I applied that same logic to the new top 4 scum read players, and that put me in there and took ivy out haha
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 922, Ivyeo wrote:
I was thinking I really should just claim Doctor who was Roleblocked, but I was worried town would say "why wouldn't scum just RB the cop and try to kill them" or something
At that point, you could have just said that they wanted clasko gone over you being gone. But your way worked out anyways haha

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”