Mini 984 - Mafia in Mobsville - D6, game over!!

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

THANK GOD.

I was SOOO scared you would make the wrong decision. Fortunately, you didn't.

And oh Andrius, I know. I was hoping so bad you would fall to temptation and claim scum. I tried pretty hard to make it happen. Oh well, it didn't. Good game.

LET'S SAY THAT AGAIN: GOOD GAME, TOWN. Coming from lylo to three scum lynches in a row is pretty smokin impressive.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by Andrius »

On a semi-related note,

PARAMA. Did you purposefully torch my wiki page? The majority of it is now bolded and strikethrough'd. :evil: I'm not a happy camper ATM, and you were the only one to edit the page since the disaster.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Parama is actually pretty cool most of the time, except when he's a complete asshole.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Post by ICEninja »

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe I was the first to completely call the entire scum team. Woo hoo for that.

But yeah, that took you INSANELY long, I was like screaming silently every day you didn't hammer. Once you put up the VCA it was so incredibly blatantly obvious that I was right all along.

I figured there wasn't a godfather because there wasn't a cop, so I figured the last scum slot had to be a power role (why would a mod put a town tracker in the game if there isn't a scum power role) and therefore AGM had to be clean as a result. Turn out it was faulty reasoning, but the result was the same. I was about 90% sure that it was Andrius.

You definitely didn't play poorly there at the end, Andrius. Porochaz really went out kicking and screaming, doing a pretty fantastic job of putting together a good AGM case despite a significant number of townies fairly sure of the scum team. Would have been much smarter to hardcore drive a scum buddy in to the bus though. It would have given you credibility.

I'm least proud of the SSBF lynch. Sorry dude.

I didn't like chevre's play, so I feel less bad about that.

I'd like to thank Andrius for switching in despite how freaking long the game was. Good thing you didn't have to read through everything haha.

Thanks Lamora, you did a pretty good job of modding. There was slight delay for the thread opening at some point I think, but everything went fairly smoothly.

Unfortunately I can't say I particularly enjoyed this game. It was no one person's fault, and there isn't anyone to really blame for it. It just didn't have the fire in it until lylo.

Good job town, however, for recovering from such a bad position.

Parama, next time listen to the dead confirmed townie who called out the entire scum team. =)
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:25 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Heh, well that was a fucking disappointment. I was so sure we were going to win that. That case on Al took hours and I thought it was fairly decent. You bugged the hell out of me and I was determined to get you back. It was that one page where I started arguing over semantics when I should have just kept quiet and I didn't pay enough attention to my partners (although that would have been difficult. Thats where I felt I went wrong. Good job to Parama, I thought for a second we might snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. It was difficult to have a chance to maintain the flow when both your partners were replacing out fairly consistently. Good Game Town, I enjoyed it even if I am immensly dissapointed.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:15 am

Post by Parama »

Andrius wrote:On a semi-related note,

PARAMA. Did you purposefully torch my wiki page? The majority of it is now bolded and strikethrough'd. :evil: I'm not a happy camper ATM, and you were the only one to edit the page since the disaster.
It was like that when I went to it, actually :/
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:11 am

Post by Porochaz »

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:58 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Hi everyone, I'm back, I see Andrius has outed himself anyway so I won't rush getting the final scene up as I have plenty of other stuff to catch up on! Congrats to the town, it was a great comeback win. Thanks to everyone who replaced in too, especially Andrius who ended up in a pretty impossible situation but still made a good go of it.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:04 am

Post by Porochaz »

Andrius wasn't totally out of it. I didnt notice him outing himself. That sucks.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:46 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

He only outed himself after Parama had dropped the hammer.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:49 am

Post by Porochaz »

Yeah ok, he kinda gave it away though. Although I think Parama was getting there anyway.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:51 am

Post by ICEninja »

I was very quite scared going to to lylo, but after I sort of stepped back and looked at things, it wasn't so bad. The whole Porochaz and Almaster voting each other was of very significant benefit to town. If it weren't for that exchange, I would have probably not been so rock solid in my designation of the entire scum team.

My bread crumbing also seemed to do me service. It was nearly undetectable, but believable once pointed out. That gave town the more or less confirmed player they needed to solidify around so many scum compared to so few town.

Parama while I hated your day 1 hammer, your day 2 reaction to it gave me a pretty strong town read on you which was absolutely a good thing. There was enough suspicious to keep you alive to lylo, but enough town believing that you're town in order to sink us the win. Pointing out your not-so-obvious "I could have won but didn't" situation more or less secured town's victory, as both of the recently dead town players were fully confident that the final scum, assuming Porochaz flipped as we believed him to, was Andrius.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Final Vote Count!

Andrius - 2 (AlmasterGM, Parama)
AlmasterGM - 1 (Andrius)

Andrius has been lynched! The conclusion is upon us...

Day 6 quickly turned into a 1 v 1.

"I'm definitely town," said Parama, "so which of you two is it?"

"It's so obviously Andrius," replied Almaster.

"What are you talking about? It's clearly Almaster," cried Andrius. They both looked at Parama.

"WHY DO I HAVE TO DECIDE?" yelled Parama. For about a week and a half. Finally, he made his mind up. "It's Andrius!" he declared, looping the rope around his neck.

"Crap," said Andrius. Parama opened the trapdoor and the resigned Andrius swung in mid-air. "So close..." he croaked as his final breath was choked out of him. As he dangled there, the bulletproof vest peeking out from under his shirt and the gun hidden at his side told them everything they needed to know. Almaster and Parama looked at each other. Mobsville was safe; now the only problem was there were only two of them left to run it.

Andrius,
Mafia Godfather
, lynched D6

AlmasterGM,
Townie
and Parama,
Townie
, survived.

Town wins!

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:58 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Mod notes:

I'd read some of the MD stuff about scum being much more likely to win 3-9 setups and I wanted to experiment with something that gave the town a bit more advantage without totally overpowering them. The 'lazy' and 'slow' roles were a simple way to restrict townie PRs but still give them a little choice, in that they could obviously choose whether to be odd or even-night. I think the tracker's much better than cop in that it's not an absolute information role, plus it requires a very accurate night choice to catch scum. In hindsight perhaps I should have made the doctor non-consecutive nights, or given the scum an extra PR, but I think the game played out ok despite that. I think it slowed down a lot due to the vigilante lynch and the lack of N1 kill; I was expecting there to be 9 or 10 players left on D2 and it turned out to be 11. It stalled for a long time after that until suddenly everything became clear to the townies on D4 and activity picked up.

I thought Llama's claim was well-timed and really sent town a long way towards their mindset on D4 where they basically had the scumteam figured out. I was surprised that ICE was so ready to assume Almaster was town just because he hadn't caught him killing, but as it turned out it worked in town's favour.

Parama's agonising over the hammer was fun to watch. I thought he would come out and vote Andrius pretty quickly, but there was clearly just enough doubt there to make him paranoid. The VCA was a good way to make the decision in the end.

Finally, thanks to everyone who played/replaced in! I was a bit behind on the modding a couple of times but my main difficulty was definitely finding that Jalyn replacement. Thanks also to Parama, Almaster, ICEninja and Porochaz for sticking with the game for its entirety.

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Parama »

Locke Lamora wrote:Parama's agonising over the hammer was fun to watch.
:evil:
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by ICEninja »

I'd still like to have an official death scene before I change my sig. That would be nice.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

ICEninja wrote:I'd still like to have an official death scene before I change my sig. That would be nice.
There is one lol.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by ICEninja »

dear god, i somehow only noticed mod's second post and not his first
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by ICEninja »

talk about scum points for me post game XD
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

ICEninja wrote:talk about scum points for me post game XD
Indeed.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Oops, forgot the important part of that post: VOTE: ICENinja
That's right, voting confirmed town. Whatcha gonna do about it? Lynch me?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:41 am

Post by Parama »

Daykill: gandalf5166
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”