Micro 903: Reverse Jester Nightless! (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:59 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Sorry about the vote shenanigans, by the way. I could have been more clear in the rules, but I thought this tiebreaker method was well-known.
In post 853, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:Oh okay, I think I understand. So it’s beyond this day phase then? I don’t really think it should be. In Marked for Death, the tie was decided based on who had the votes first. But what if neither eth0s or me ever had more then two votes on us at one time? And I didn’t know about this rule, so I really don’t think it should count, especially because it possibly could result in a town loss.
It doesn't go back beyond the day phase. When I say "whoever had more votes," it's "more votes than the other person," not "more votes than they have now." If you both had two and neither of you ever had more than two, then whoever got to two (and stayed there) first would be lynched.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:00 pm

In post 874, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:Sorry mod, I didn’t realize I was dead. :oops:
It's okay. It didn't affect the game since the hammer had already been dropped before you posted.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:02 pm

Post by chennisden »

Also it was autowin
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:03 pm

Post by chennisden »

I have never felt better doing something objectively stupid
Don Draper x Mistress
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:03 pm

Post by Don Draper x Mistress »

So we won? Woo, that was a total nailbiter. I really stoked to have defeated scum!Dunn. Woot. @eth0s, I’m going to nominate you for some kind of scummie. That whole vote thing was ingenious.

You’re the GOAT to end all GOATS. You should feel extremely proud of your play. I know I’m hella impressed.
Hydra of Auro and Nancy Drew 39
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:04 pm

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I was probably quaking in my boots for 99% of my time in the game
Fuck being Survivor in an open tbh
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Don Draper x Mistress
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:05 pm

In post 875, Something_Smart wrote:Sorry about the vote shenanigans, by the way. I could have been more clear in the rules, but I thought this tiebreaker method was well-known.
In post 853, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:Oh okay, I think I understand. So it’s beyond this day phase then? I don’t really think it should be. In Marked for Death, the tie was decided based on who had the votes first. But what if neither eth0s or me ever had more then two votes on us at one time? And I didn’t know about this rule, so I really don’t think it should count, especially because it possibly could result in a town loss.
It doesn't go back beyond the day phase. When I say "whoever had more votes," it's "more votes than the other person," not "more votes than they have now." If you both had two and neither of you ever had more than two, then whoever got to two (and stayed there) first would be lynched.
Oh so the result would have been the same but I’m still glad Chenn made the right decision.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:07 pm

Post by chennisden »

Doing nothing is my town meta until I'm forced to do things
Don Draper x Mistress
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:09 pm

In post 881, Gamma Emerald wrote:I was probably quaking in my boots for 99% of my time in the game
You already won but yeah it was definitely probably the most exciting LYLO ever.

eth0s is a genius. I have beyond mad respect for this. So what scummie category fits this best? Does anyone know? I could do Kodak moment but that robs eth0s of the massive credit he deserves for that ingenuous play.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:10 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 882, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 875, Something_Smart wrote:Sorry about the vote shenanigans, by the way. I could have been more clear in the rules, but I thought this tiebreaker method was well-known.
Oh so the result would have been the same but I’m still glad Chenn made the right decision.
there was still a decent chance I was going to move my vote onto you. But unless something crazy drastic happened I would be voting myself or chen over dunn in every scenario I can think of. So more than likely chen just sped up the same outcome, even if the lynches wouldn't have looked exactly like that.

but idk. if chen didnt do that and I self hammered at some point he may have voted dunn over you in lylo. So basically chen was the decider this game, I would have only potentially been the decider.
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:11 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 884, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 881, Gamma Emerald wrote:I was probably quaking in my boots for 99% of my time in the game
You already won but yeah it was definitely probably the most exciting LYLO ever.

eth0s is a genius. I have beyond mad respect for this. So what scummie category fits this best? Does anyone know? I could do Kodak moment but that robs eth0s of the massive credit he deserves for that ingenuous play.
aww shucks :wink:

now we can never play together again because we'll never get along this well again :lol:
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:12 pm

Post by chennisden »

Yes, I think all I did was speed up the outcome

And I kind of wanted to end this game asap
Don Draper x Mistress
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:13 pm

In post 885, eth0s wrote:
In post 882, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
there was still a decent chance I was going to move my vote onto you. But unless something crazy drastic happened I would be voting myself or chen over dunn in every scenario I can think of. So more than likely chen just sped up the same outcome, even if the lynches wouldn't have looked exactly like that.

but idk. if chen didnt do that and I self hammered at some point he may have voted dunn over you in lylo. So basically chen was the decider this game, I would have only potentially been the decider.
Yeah, I kind of figured our why you did that, which is why I would have lynched Chenn over myself if necessary. You being in LYLO was necessary for us to win.
Don Draper x Mistress
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:15 pm

In post 886, eth0s wrote:

now we can never play together again because we'll never get along this well again :lol:
:lol:

I apologize for doubting you but I really don’t play like this as scum and when Dunn scumlocked me, I knew he was scumclaiming.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:18 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 889, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:

I apologize for doubting you but I really don’t play like this as scum and when Dunn scumlocked me, I knew he was scumclaiming.
your waffling on his alignment made me feel a lot better about town!you
which is generally the opposite of how something like that affects me
but it's a reverse setup so reverse logic I guess?
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:21 pm

Post by eth0s »

I also didn't fully understand your perspective on not committing to quicklynch chennis. When you started to have doubts on dunn!scum I should have realized forcing you to just say "yes I'll quicklynch chennis after you die" wasn't fair and put you in a bad position. Since I didn't consider how one read change can impact the other, I just took it as you basically scumclaiming. A few hours ago I realized my fault there and that's when I decided I needed to lynch you today.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:26 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 890, eth0s wrote:
In post 889, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:

your waffling on his alignment made me feel a lot better about town!you
which is generally the opposite of how something like that affects me
but it's a reverse setup so reverse logic I guess?
I wanted to give him a chance to show me he’s town but no town ever calls one slot town, 1 neutral and the other scum, that was a dead giveaway. Also, scum!me would probably not be fighting with you so much because while I obviously don’t like being sr as any alignment, I really don’t get pissed like that as scum. Like both you and Chenn wanted to lynch me, scum!me would never so blatantly fuck that up.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:26 pm

Post by the worst »

sorry for the confusion - i interpreted the rule exactly the same way SS is stating it here (and confirmed same to eth0s as it pertains to a 2/2 wagon) but agree the wording may be confusing if not familiar with the method
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:32 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 891, eth0s wrote:I also didn't fully understand your perspective on not committing to quicklynch chennis. When you started to have doubts on dunn!scum I should have realized forcing you to just say "yes I'll quicklynch chennis after you die" wasn't fair and put you in a bad position. Since I didn't consider how one read change can impact the other, I just took it as you basically scumclaiming. A few hours ago I realized my fault there and that's when I decided I needed to lynch you today.
Yeah because I wasn’t sure and I didn’t want to be locked into making the wrong vote. However, if I hadn’t tried to sort Dunn, he never would have so blatantly scumclaimed either. Like I knew there was no way he was town at that point. I guess I thought he would be far more likely to pocket me because in every game he’s been scum, that’s what he tries to do.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:33 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 893, the worst wrote:sorry for the confusion - i interpreted the rule exactly the same way SS is stating it here (and confirmed same to eth0s as it pertains to a 2/2 wagon) but agree the wording may be confusing if not familiar with the method
Yeah, I literally cannot thought he was going to go through every single IC. :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:35 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Two towngames in a row, I won. \o/
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by Auro »

Woo, congrats!
rooroo
rooroo