Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:00 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

DeadXis wrote:I'm assuming I'm dead because I was actually on-track with something.

Not really, it was for a similar reason to MoI - kill an obvtown person who's capable of generating discussion. It helped that no-one was really on track though (other than dead people).

Deadqwints wrote:Leaf's town? that surprises me.

Surprises me too!

qwints wrote:Well, my strategy did result in scum protecting watcher day 1. I still find my lynch hard to believe.

Your reasoning was a bit confused (the whole shos targetting someone else tangent didn't make much sense) so I decided to lynch you for it. With attempts to lynch inte and Benmage stalling, Xis looking unassailable, shos confirmed as vig and pjmatt confirmed double voter I was worried the lynches were going to start landing on us by process of elimination.
Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:42 pm

Post by Dunhamganger »

Oh, was inte scum?

Interesting.
Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:43 pm

Post by Dunhamganger »

AARGH NO WHY WOULD YOU LIE TO ME DEAD QT :(.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:45 pm

Post by Acosmist »

dead qt is a knave

I am a knight
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ya, if the Ninja was just a goon this would still have been a little scum-sided IMO, but not too much.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:13 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 858, Acosmist wrote:
You played terribly, so. zzzz

Has no relevance to a poorly balanced game. TY.
In post 860, Acosmist wrote:
The ninja means the watcher fails to get information. Again, it doesn't put false info there. If there were a tracker, the ninja could be tracked and get no result, making the tracker think the ninja did nothing. The interaction with a watcher is to fail to provide info, not to provide false info.

Exactly... where is the town able to catch any scum with PRs? Scum NK can't be tracked. Scum GF can't be NK'd. Vigs sitewide hit town more often than not... There was a MD suggesting too complex games, too much town PR interacts and actually makes it worse for town. Plus mods, like yourself over compensate for town strength by making scum too Powerful.

Look town played bad. I myself admit I played bad. The scum, outside players, and pretty much everyone is in agreeance this game was scum/heavily scum sided.... Yet you're too prideful to admit this?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:18 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 865, Antihero wrote:benmage is just sour grapes. No need to get bent out of shape, Acosmist.

Not really. We lost. Everyone played shitty. Replacements make the game bleh (but thats pretty much all games these days). But to say this game isn't scum sided, is simply comical. I don't get why Acos is getting all pissy. Very few mods really get balance :P . (statistically with the site, I'm usually way more happy to see a town sided setup than a scum sided one.)

In post 866, inte wrote:He's also an idiot for thinking he can be on every town lynch without repercussions

Welcome to a fucking mini. Being on 2 lynches in a mini is nothing. If this was a large and I pushed thru 4 mislynches, okay.

But 2... get fuckin real. You rushed lylo, and blew. Period. I had your uselessness as a towntell. You should've had a similar read to me.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:19 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ya, as a 3rd party here I will say the game was obviously scum-sided.

Not that they didn't deserve the win anyhow.
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:21 pm

Post by Xisiqomelir »

Well done scumteam!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:00 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Congrats to the Scum team. You played well enough to win during the Day and in the end that’s all that matters.

Town played poorly all the way around. Qwints “I’ll play scummy since I am a powerrole” and subsequent surprise at being lynched is an example. Heads up – you play in a suspect manner and you get lynched when you claim a role that can easily be a scum role.

@Benmage
– why do you play anymore? I’m completely serious when I ask. Because your play was so lurktastic useless that I don’t fault Town for lynching you in LYLO. Your game did not show any hint at all of Pro-Town intent.

@Inte
– If we ever cross paths again don’t bother to try to use “It’s my playstyle” ever again as an out. Because I will link directly to your posts in this game, laugh, and power-lynch you 100% of the time. Either develop your game or become a Day 1 rope candidate in the future.

Thanks for modding Acosmist. I appreciate your Modding style as usual. That said I do have to agree that the set-up was completely borked from a balance standpoint. That doesn’t really matter as Town did a completely crap job of using the Powers they had (Shos vigging the claimed Bodyguard was very, very stupid for example). But three scum Powerroles in a 12 person mini is overkill. In a twelve players game scum don’t need more than one frankly unless Town is stocked to the gills with Power. And Town wasn’t. Bodyguard is the worst protective role Town could have. Watcher is a nice second tier Investigation role. Vig is a Vig – swingy as hell. And DoubleVoter is nice but ultimately not all that useful if the player with the DoubleVote plays a crap game. 9 VT – 3 Goon is not close to balanced. 10-2 is the closest equivalent in a Mountainous game.

As reminder – I felt the mistake I made in Doctor Who Mafia making T-Bone unlimited in his JOAT options made that game unbalanced for scum with two Goon partners. And scum had to deal with a Bulletproof Serial Killer and Town with a Full Doctor, a Hider (meld of protective and investigative role), Vengeful and a 1 shot Commuter (another protective role).
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:42 am

Post by inte »

i struggled to keep up with the pace of the game after day 1

in the scope of this game, i was arrested, went to jail for 3 days, went to court, had to do 30 hours of community service, and had 3 midterms to deal with, on top of my regular 25 hour work week and classes

it was just a bad time for me and once i fell behind it was impossible to catch up
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:35 am

Post by Oversoul »

What did you get arrested for?
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:11 am

Post by inte »

i don't want to reveal too much because if i jump through some hoops i can have the charges dropped and the arrest record sealed

but i was drunk and did some stuff
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:19 am

Post by Oversoul »

Okey
Equinox
Equinox
he/they