Mini 745 - Moving Day Mafia (GAME OVER!)

Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:08 am

Post by Herodotus »

I see the thread hasn't been locked yet.
Here's something that will blow your minds: I seriously considered claiming to be mason buddies with acfan toward the end of day 2. I don't know whether he would have gone along with it (he should have,) but I figured the fakeness of the claim wouldn't cause any harm, since either my death reveal would show it was a lie, or I could retract at any time if I was alive. And if acfan died before I did (he'd have been lynched before me, if it came to that,) it would be obvious we weren't mafia buddies. So the only effect I could see was reducing the odds of acfan being lynched before I wanted him to be.
I didn't because I was worried about even/odd parity, and ruining the chance of future scumtells resulting from peoples' reactions to acfan. (Sadly, I found Porkens's reaction most suspicious.) Also, it didn't seem right to take control of the town with a lie.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

I can't imagine that anyone would have believed such a claim, personally, in which case, one of you would have been lynched more quickly on Day 2, and the other would have been left alive by the scum team overnight while we took out another townie, and left the other to be auto-lynched on Day 3 as either a lying townie or a claimed SK. I seriously doubt that either of you would have survived such a claim, and I seriously doubt that you would "take control of the town" in any way with such a lie.

But, by all means, try it in another game. Should be fun! (*writes note to self about Herod in future games*) :D

Regards,
Jazz
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Hmm... I think there's a chance people might have believed we had discussed possibly making a fake-claim of some sort if needed in order to draw out a counterclaim, then confirming each other.

If one of us was going to be lynched, wouldn't it have been AC? Given that, would the revelation that we had lied about being masons necessarily be seen as scummy? Yeah, probably. Lynch All Liars, if nothing else.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Herodotus wrote:Hmm... I think there's a chance people might have believed we had discussed possibly making a fake-claim of some sort if needed in order to draw out a counterclaim, then confirming each other.

If one of us was going to be lynched, wouldn't it have been AC? Given that, would the revelation that we had lied about being masons necessarily be seen as scummy? Yeah, probably. Lynch All Liars, if nothing else.
Yeah, I think that had you tried that, one of you would have been lynched immediately (probably acfan who had already claimed SK) and then the scum team would have NKed Looker anyway, since you would have been lynched promptly and swiftly at first light by the town.

Regards,
Jazz
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:31 am

Post by Herodotus »

Okay, maybe you're right. I was thinking I could count on the confirmation that acfan didn't have scumbuddies to demonstrate that the mason claim shouldn't implicate me.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:52 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”