Newbie 2079 | Open House | Game Over!!!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 847, RH9 wrote:No, Prism. You didn't. I did. I should have investigated MargotRosa instead of CheekyTeeky.
You should have investigated me basically every night since n1. The fact that you hadn't is weird. The fact that you are claiming every single read is Town is weird. How do you know the roles of 3 out of 4 players, all of whom are town, despite voting for me twice on d2 (the only person you voted twice on all game)?

Honestly, I wonder whether this whole play right now is safety in your mind, in case someone else is JK, so you have plausible deniability (If you didn't read me Scum, someone else blocks you tonight, you can claim you have been confounded at some point when you reach final elo tomorrow)

You don't have to stress. I am indeed JK, so you can just be honest and say you didn't get a read last night. This is elo
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Also, can't everyone see that RH9 was intentionally vague about which investigative role they had, until it became clear to Town (when Connor was limm'd) that we were most likely in a column three setup.

The idea was precisely what happened, ie. that if there was a JK, JK would assume that we were in a column one setup, and that RH9 was tracker. When that became untenable (because there were so few players), it didn't matter what was claimed
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 846, Prism wrote:Will revisit when I am home but if RH9 is mafia I literally threw away autowin yesterday so you can blame me if we lose lol
I'm way more frustrated at Camel tbh. I'm also frustrated that I didn't check the game when it was up
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 640, RH9 wrote:I'm going to make a table of observations, so far, again of everybody who is still alive.
RH9's Observations
MargotRosa Seems to have gotten a guilty report. See Post and other posts.
This is surely a smoking gun btw.

If RH9 believes I am claiming investigative, again, in what universe do I not get immediately put at the top of the 'check in case this slot is mafia' list??
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

I honestly wonder whether this was just supposed to be in some private notes thread and it was posted in the main thread instead
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 850, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 847, RH9 wrote:No, Prism. You didn't. I did. I should have investigated MargotRosa instead of CheekyTeeky.
You should have investigated me basically every night since n1. The fact that you hadn't is weird. The fact that you are claiming every single read is Town is weird. How do you know the roles of 3 out of 4 players, all of whom are town, despite voting for me twice on d2 (the only person you voted twice on all game)?

Honestly, I wonder whether this whole play right now is safety in your mind, in case someone else is JK, so you have plausible deniability (If you didn't read me Scum, someone else blocks you tonight, you can claim you have been confounded at some point when you reach final elo tomorrow)

You don't have to stress. I am indeed JK, so you can just be honest and say you didn't get a read last night. This is elo
Ok, I'll be honest. I got Prism as Town on Night 3. I got CheekyTeeky as Town on Night 2. I got DaTacoX as Town on Night 1. I voted you twice, but when Connordragon07 flipped Mafia, I loosened my guard and instead voted the person who hammered him, CheekyTeeky. And I admit. I investigated DaTacoX because I thought that they were Mafia who deliberately propelled the wagon on RegRider. I investigated Prism because they suggested that I did that to them or you. CheekyTeeky and Prism, if we lose, you can definitely blame me for being a horrible Town Cop. And I was vague to give you claimspace. I now hate myself for not realising that I gave claimspace to the Mafia. I am never giving anybody claimspace again.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by RH9 »

Actually, I take that back. I'll give people claimspace but not at the risk of letting Mafia claim Jailkeeper.

v/la every weekend

MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 640, RH9 wrote:I'm going to make a table of observations, so far, again of everybody who is still alive.
RH9's Observations
Player Notes
Connordragon07 Can't say anything about him for Day 2 because the only posts that were posted were somewhat neutral. See Posts and .
MargotRosa Seems to have gotten a guilty report. See Post and other posts.
camelCasedSnivy Probably pro-Town, though not the most active. See their posts.
CheekyTeeky Among the most active for Day 2. Probably pro-Town. See their posts.
catboi Among the most active for Day 2. Seems more Town than flow trap was. See their posts.
Prism Among the most active for Day 2, and probably the Town Leader. See their posts.

God, I also just realised in that post that the only slot, other than me, that didn't score at least a "probably Town" from RH9 in this post was connor, who is Null.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 855, RH9 wrote:
In post 850, MargotRosa wrote:

Ok, I'll be honest. I got Prism as Town on Night 3. I got CheekyTeeky as Town on Night 2. I got DaTacoX as Town on Night 1. I voted you twice, but when Connordragon07 flipped Mafia, I loosened my guard and instead voted the person who hammered him, CheekyTeeky. And I admit. I investigated DaTacoX because I thought that they were Mafia who deliberately propelled the wagon on RegRider. I investigated Prism because they suggested that I did that to them or you. CheekyTeeky and Prism, if we lose, you can definitely blame me for being a horrible Town Cop. And I was vague to give you claimspace. I now hate myself for not realising that I gave claimspace to the Mafia. I am never giving anybody claimspace again.
I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in the AtE going on towards the end of this post.

Why do you investigate Taco for propelling the wagon, instead of, for instance, Flow (now Catboi), a slot which had a proximity to the wagon that multiple slots had pointed out was fishy already, and who would be more difficult to read given the recallibration with the player switch?
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by RH9 »

That was because the observations came too early. Connordragon07 posted too less for me to make proper observations. I did originally choose flow trap but switched at last minute because I remember that flow trap quit the wagon. flow trap, if they were Mafia, would have continued instead of jumping off to vote a person who nobody else followed him to vote for until he was replaced.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:08 pm

Post by RH9 »

And flow trap, if you ever read this, I'm sorry. You were one of the best players in the game. You caught both Mafia. I should have investigated both of them, a long time ago.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by RH9 »

That was also why I never investigated you. I always felt like Mafia wouldn't be one to start a failed wagon.

v/la every weekend

MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 856, RH9 wrote:Actually, I take that back. I'll give people claimspace but not at the risk of letting Mafia claim Jailkeeper.
There's no situation in which you worry about giving claimspace to Mafia to claim Jailkeeper at any point in this game. This is genuinely insane.

Like, if I am Mafia, I kill you. This is because, if I am Mafia, I haven't left clues that I am JK, I don't have an actual set of night actions that I can point to that make sense.

I wish I was Scum, because if I was Scum, I would have so much easier a go of it trying to convince Cheeky that I am more Town than Prism in three-way ELO, rather than what I have to do right now, which is convince BOTH Cheeky and Prism that I am a JK so Town wins 4 way ELO.

I'm so mad with the way this game has played out, because this whole situation is really obvious if everyone steps back for two seconds, except for the fact that I am JK.

As in, the true circumstances make perfect sense. It seems fishy only because it's so odd that we managed to land in situation, and I am having to CC a cop one day after the hard role claim, two days after it was heavily implied, and after not posting d3.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Ok, how about this. Can you explain, in the world in which I am Scum, why I make any of the plays that Scum made in this game?
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 862, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 856, RH9 wrote:Actually, I take that back. I'll give people claimspace but not at the risk of letting Mafia claim Jailkeeper.
There's no situation in which you worry about giving claimspace to Mafia to claim Jailkeeper at any point in this game. This is genuinely insane.

Like, if I am Mafia, I kill you. This is because, if I am Mafia, I haven't left clues that I am JK, I don't have an actual set of night actions that I can point to that make sense.

I wish I was Scum, because if I was Scum, I would have so much easier a go of it trying to convince Cheeky that I am more Town than Prism in three-way ELO, rather than what I have to do right now, which is convince BOTH Cheeky and Prism that I am a JK so Town wins 4 way ELO.

I'm so mad with the way this game has played out, because this whole situation is really obvious if everyone steps back for two seconds, except for the fact that I am JK.

As in, the true circumstances make perfect sense. It seems fishy only because it's so odd that we managed to land in situation, and I am having to CC a cop one day after the hard role claim, two days after it was heavily implied, and after not posting d3.
Thanks for the admission. And no, you would fail to convince anybody but me that you're more Town than the others. And instead, you are stuck convincing two SEs that you're Jailkeeper so Town loses in a 4 way ELO. As Mafia, you wouldn't have killed and didn't kill me. You knew that I was the perfect scapegoat. And I understand, why you're mad. Catboi replaced flow trap and there goes your partner. This situation is obvious. There's a Town Cop, two Vanilla Townies claims who are confirmed to be Town by the Cop, and there's a Mafia who is claiming Jailkeeper and is mad.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 863, MargotRosa wrote:Ok, how about this. Can you explain, in the world in which I am Scum, why I make any of the plays that Scum made in this game?
Sure! You killed DaTacoX because most other players townread them. You killed Catboi because he got your partner eliminated. You didn't kill me when I claimed Cop because you knew that you would eliminate me, especially since camelCasedSnivy caused their own elimination. Then, you could win.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by RH9 »

To be fair, I was confused when DaTacoX was killed. I would have left him alive as a scapegoat, if I was Mafia. I would be like vote DaTacoX for propelling a mislim. I would never have guessed in a thousand years, that DaTacoX was Town. Until it was too late. Though, if Town loses because of me, I'm probably going to wish that I never confirmed three Town members instead of two Mafia.

v/la every weekend

MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 864, RH9 wrote:

Thanks for the admission. And no, you would fail to convince anybody but me that you're more Town than the others. And instead, you are stuck convincing two SEs that you're Jailkeeper so Town loses in a 4 way ELO. As Mafia, you wouldn't have killed and didn't kill me. You knew that I was the perfect scapegoat. And I understand, why you're mad. Catboi replaced flow trap and there goes your partner. This situation is obvious. There's a Town Cop, two Vanilla Townies claims who are confirmed to be Town by the Cop, and there's a Mafia who is claiming Jailkeeper and is mad.
Yes, but if I was scum, I would have NKed you last night. I wouldn't have had to convince you, because you would be dead.

The only reason you are still alive is that I am Town, and not Scum.
In post 865, RH9 wrote:
In post 863, MargotRosa wrote:You didn't kill me when I claimed Cop because you knew that you would eliminate me, especially since camelCasedSnivy caused their own elimination. Then, you could win.
But, in this fictional world in which I am Scum, I didn't eliminate you?? I intentionally left you alive so you could confirm every other slot as being Town, and then set about the uphill battle of arguing against you, and additionally convincing two slots that I am Town, rather than killing you, and only needing to convince one slot??

I am Town. The situation we find ourselves in does not happen if I am Scum.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:48 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 866, RH9 wrote:To be fair, I was confused when DaTacoX was killed. I would have left him alive as a scapegoat, if I was Mafia. I would be like vote DaTacoX for propelling a mislim. I would never have guessed in a thousand years, that DaTacoX was Town. Until it was too late. Though, if Town loses because of me, I'm probably going to wish that I never confirmed three Town members instead of two Mafia.
So wait, was Taco being Town read by enough slots to justify eliminating, or does Taco get kept alive to be a scape goat?

Regarding the last point, I just don't know what to say there. It makes no sense to me at all. It only makes sense if you are Mafia and, when claiming investigative d2, claimed to have investigated the n1 NK to avoid accidently claiming that you read a PR as VT
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Anyway, I've made my case. I'll come back on in a few hours (maybe longer, need to catch up on sleep) if anyone needs questions answered. Up to you Prism and Cheeky
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Just finally, pointing out that noone died last night. I know that if I was Scum, I could very easily just no kill, but I'm just pointing it out anyway as a thing I made happen.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 867, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 864, RH9 wrote:

Yes, but if I was scum, I would have NKed you last night. I wouldn't have had to convince you, because you would be dead.

The only reason you are still alive is that I am Town, and not Scum.
In post 865, RH9 wrote:
In post 863, MargotRosa wrote:You didn't kill me when I claimed Cop because you knew that you would eliminate me, especially since camelCasedSnivy caused their own elimination. Then, you could win.
But, in this fictional world in which I am Scum, I didn't eliminate you?? I intentionally left you alive so you could confirm every other slot as being Town, and then set about the uphill battle of arguing against you, and additionally convincing two slots that I am Town, rather than killing you, and only needing to convince one slot??

I am Town. The situation we find ourselves in does not happen if I am Scum.
This is exactly what I mean. By letting me live, it is easier for you to convince them that I'm Mafia while knowing that it would be easier to claim Jailkeeper, so that you can be the Town Hero for
"stopping"
the
Mafia
. And I do agree on one thing though. Now it is up to the confirmed Towns to decide the Town's fate. And to catboi and DaTacoX, if you ever read this, I honestly can't imagine a world where the
Jailkeeper claim
wasn't the one who caused your demise.

v/la every weekend

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by Prism »

Margot, are you around? I have a question that only works if you are present at the time.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by RH9 »

Dear Prism and CheekyTeeky,

I previously mentioned a
Jailkeeper claim
. And by
Jailkeeper claim
, I mean the one and only MargotRosa, who if you have paid attention, is the Mafia. And, there is only one world in which I'm what she says I am, the one where Prism is NKed on Night 2. But remember, catboi was the victim. Why, as Mafia, would I purposely confirm CheekyTeeky and Prism as Town? Because I want to pocket? There is only one world, where that happens and in that one, catboi is still alive. Prism is not. After all, Prism was my Town Leader. Who is better to NK than them? But, alas! This is not that world! The
Jailkeeper claim
, who we had trusted for so long, MargotRosa, has betrayed us. She is the last Mafia. I am the Town Cop. Prism, you claimed VT as did you, CheekyTeeky. I have confirmed that both of you were Town. I was
NEVER EVER
roleblocked. There is no
Jailkeeper
. There is only a
Don Carleone
, and she is trying to trick you. MargotRosa is the last Mafia.

Thank you and yours faithfully,
RH9

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum