Mini 897 - OpenSource Mafia - Game over!!

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:07 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Iec wrote:
Is it possible that you were roleblocked, or did the flavor imply specifically that your ability was incompatible with SSK's role?
It's probable given SSK's role. I just got "no result". However, at this point it becomes a 1v1 Vaya vs. SSK, so SSK needed to claim his role anyway.

It's odd I didn't get a sanity on that. If anyone would like to know my rolename, feel free to ask. I only breadcrumbed it in my confirm post :P

Vote Vaya

Let's see where this goes :P
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:06 am

Post by SocioPath »

UncertainKitten wrote:It's odd I didn't get a sanity on that.
Yes, quite odd indeed. Checking a sanity I would think would give a 'sane' or 'not sane' or something similar for results.
'No results' I would think would imply that there isn't a sanity there to check, meaning its hard to be sane or insane when you aren't an information role.

That, and the way SSK was acting at the end of yesterday was still really bad from my point of view.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Iecerint »

Can you ask the Mod for confirmation on that point?

Glork supported Vaya much more than SSK, but he sometimes did it to really absurd degrees --
Glork wrote:I love Vaya's posting so far. I really do. Many of his thoughts eerily parallel my own, and he's actually digging into the crux of why I voted Pom to begin with. He's very vote-hoppy right now (three vote changes between Posts 356 and 375), but that's not a point against his alignment.
He also tended to attack SSK over Vaya --
Glork wrote:Even if this were a NORMAL game, if a player came out D1 and seriously said they had role-based information to make them 99% certain, you'd want that information out as soon as possible. If SSK is telling the truth and his information can be trusted, we'd be guaranteed a result. If SSK thinks he's telling the truth but his information cannot be trusted, we can gain valuable information about the bastardly nature of the game. If SSK is bullshitting us, we're passing up a golden opportunity to put a scumbag under the microscope on D1.

I'm going to side with Vaya here (SOUND THE MUTUAL BUDDYING ALARMS) and point out what's wrong with SSK's behavior.
1) SSK is claiming to be 99% certain of another player's alignment on D1 of a bastard game. This is... extremely curious to say the least, and I'm not willing to buy into it at all without knowing what can make him so certain of that information in this particular game. Any number of things could go wrong with this. Millers. Death Millers. Cop sanity issues. Changing alignments. Redirections. Scum Protections/Abilities. "Insane" Doctors.

2) SSK claims to have important information but won't reveal it because he doesn't want to be made a target by the scums. I can't even begin to explain how terrible play this is. If the day were to end right here and now, with pseudo-information claimed, that puts SSK at the
MOST
risk of getting nightkilled (if indeed he is legit). Why? Because A) potential Docs/Jailkeepers/Etc. don't know whether they should be protecting him; and B) The Scums can send important information (whether it is accurate or not) to the grave with SSK.
--I don't want anybody to answer this in-game, but I have two rhetorical question for each of you to ponder, given what SSK has said and given the nature of the game: If you were a Doctor, would you be inclined to protect him tonight? If you were Scum, and knew/believed/assumed SSK was not part of your group, would you be inclined to kill SSK tonight?

I'm not saying that I think SSK is scum. Nor am I saying that I think Vaya is town. Fact is, I don't know what either one is (or even what they *might* be), and I'm concerned that some players are being very headstrong, assuming that a pile of partial "information" will give them clarity in what is very clearly a complex game.
He's not being at all subtle in the Vaya defense, which is odd. (Maybe that last paragraph is intended to moderate the defense a little bit.) Still, I have an easier time believing that he is scumfriends with Vaya than with SSK.
Unvote; Vote: Vaya
If SSK is scum, I think there may be two scumteams (Winusers and MSpersons).
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:26 am

SP wrote:
Yes, quite odd indeed. Checking a sanity I would think would give a 'sane' or 'not sane' or something similar for results.
'No results' I would think would imply that there isn't a sanity there to check, meaning its hard to be sane or insane when you aren't an information role.
The thing is, it's quite likely I was roleblocked. Which I was afraid would happen but it was worth a shot.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:29 am

/me reads her role.

god...DAMMIT.

I fucked up. I sent my action in the wrong format. That's probably why I got no result. I fucking HATE this bastardliness!
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Iecerint »

Anyone out there who incidentally messed up on the formatting and has confirmation that their ability worked? Because that would let us rule out that explanation, etc.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:46 am

Post by SocioPath »

UncertainKitten wrote:...

/me reads her role.

god...DAMMIT.

I fucked up. I sent my action in the wrong format. That's probably why I got no result. I fucking HATE this bastardliness!

You can confirm that your action was useless because of the format?
Or is that speculation as to why you got no result?
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:53 am

You can confirm that your action was useless because of the format?
Or is that speculation as to why you got no result?
Speculation. But it makes sense. I'll see if that'll get confirmed since I asked the mod about it.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Phate »

Hey, I'm alive.

Iecerint, did you honestly miscount, or were you trying to deceive someone into thinking I was that close to lynch?

We're massclaiming today. I adamantly refuse to lynch anyone before we massclaim.

During the massclaim, claim as much of the following as the mod will allow you to: Rolename, traits and abilities of your role, flavor, affiliation, targets, results, and anything that's happened to you. If there's something else relevant I've forgotten, claim that too. Everyone should go ahead and send claims into the mod now to check to see if they're alright, so we don't have to wait for mod permission every time.

Since MafiaSSK has already claimed today, we can popcorn from there. MSSK, choose someone else to claim.

@Everyone: Feel free to claim whatever you like about your roles, just make sure and paraphrase well. Don't quote your role PMs.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Vaya »

Phate, who did you target, and did you convert them?

Also, what do you expect to gain from a massclaim?
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:59 am

Ok. I would get the same result if I had been roleblocked or if I had investigated someone with a sanity irrelevant role.

and SlySly confirms that he's not being strict on night action formats.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:02 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Phate wrote:Hey, I'm alive.

Iecerint, did you honestly miscount, or were you trying to deceive someone into thinking I was that close to lynch?

We're massclaiming today. I adamantly refuse to lynch anyone before we massclaim.

During the massclaim, claim as much of the following as the mod will allow you to: Rolename, traits and abilities of your role, flavor, affiliation, targets, results, and anything that's happened to you. If there's something else relevant I've forgotten, claim that too. Everyone should go ahead and send claims into the mod now to check to see if they're alright, so we don't have to wait for mod permission every time.

Since MafiaSSK has already claimed today, we can popcorn from there. MSSK, choose someone else to claim.

@Everyone: Feel free to claim whatever you like about your roles, just make sure and paraphrase well. Don't quote your role PMs.
Why should we MC on Day 2?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Phate »

Vaya wrote:Phate, who did you target, and did you convert them?
I'll reveal this during the massclaim, obviously.
Vaya wrote:Also, what do you expect to gain from a massclaim?
I expect to break the setup.

This isn't one player Super Mario where you download the cheats because you don't have enough patience to play the game correctly. Why do people join a game of mafia and try to break it? Do they think it will get them on the good side of that mod? They need to go make a complex, nonstandard game and recruit gamebreakers to play it so they can see how it feels to have players refusing to play in the spirit of the game. That said, mass claim if you like. It ain't going to break the game.

I haven't previously found Vaya to be uberscummy (mildly scummy at best), but this post is quite scummy, considering it's an attempt to subvert the massclaim order without actually disagreeing with a massclaim. It sounds like scum wanting more information so as to successfully fakeclaim.

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:04 am

Post by Phate »

MafiaSSK wrote:
Phate wrote:Hey, I'm alive.

Why should we MC on Day 2?
Do you trust Glork? He was pro-massclaim, pro-town, and now dead. What does that tell you?

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 am

Do you trust Glork? He was pro-massclaim, pro-town, and now dead. What does that tell you?

Unvote, Vote Phate

SlySly wrote: Mirth lets out a scream rivaling that of Satan after the crucifixion of Jesus was complete in The Passion of The Christ. Her anguish is brought on by watching the members of the Evil Empire, armed with MicroSuck Shitsta Home Edition laptops, surround
Glork - Guilty
and pound him into submission with sales pitches of how much better Shitsta is than XPOS. She sobs quietly as the realization sets in that she will be unable to kill Glork herself in this game.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Vaya »

Why do you expect this setup to be breakable?

Glork was stated to be scum, Phate.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 am

Sly Sly, could you fix my quote tags?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Phate »

Okay, this changes my perception somewhat. I'd just scanned the thread and thought it was Faraday guilty, Glork innocent.

Vaya: because it's a bastard game.

UK: Why do you think calling Glork pro-town is a scumtell?

I'm still in favor of a massclaim.

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:16 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Phate, do you really think that all bastard games are breakable?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:21 am

Post by Vaya »

I don't see why this simply being a bastard game makes the setup breakable by massclaim. Glork-scum was for a massclaim, and I'm not sure I trust Phate either, so I'm don't think massclaiming is going to help find scum. I'm against it right now.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Phate »

No, MSSK, but I think that bastard games are significantly more likely to be breakable, and I think that without an early massclaim, town is not likely to stand a chance. Town needs to figure out exactly what the bastardity being perpetrated IS, and how to win despite it (or subvert it and win because of it, if the setup is REALLY poorly-designed), and they're not likely to do that by pretending it's a normal mafia game.

An example is Glork's death and flip.. In a normal game, I'd suspect something like a doc blocking the mafia kill + a vig or sk. In a theme game, I'd suspect a miller.

In a bastard game, I have no idea. Maybe Glork was a miller. Maybe there are no conventional scum. Maybe Glork was right and this is a series of competing cults. I don't know right now, but town has a better chance of figuring it out and winning by massclaiming than by ignoring it.

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:55 am

Phate wrote:

UK: Why do you think calling Glork pro-town is a scumtell?
You weren't paying attention, just noticed he died. Suppose he were your scumbuddy. he...

Oh...well, that was retarded as hell

Unvote, Vote Vaya

Sorry, had a terrible brain fart.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:58 am

Post by Vaya »

Did anyone else notice the mod's comment edited into Phate's 862? You still really think a massclaim would be productive, Phate?

On another note, to the people voting me, don't you think that in a game with four cops claims so far, and a claimed sanity checker, that some cops are going to have sanity issues and that simply getting a guilty on you is pretty null?

SSK, I have a few questions for you.

1. Is you ability one-shot? If not, would you be able to investigate yourself to check your sanity?

2. Why did you not claim miller Day 1? Do you not usually claim when you are a miller?
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:00 pm

SlySly wrote:
This isn't one player Super Mario where you download the cheats because you don't have enough patience to play the game correctly. Why do people join a game of mafia and try to break it? Do they think it will get them on the good side of that mod? They need to go make a complex, nonstandard game and recruit gamebreakers to play it so they can see how it feels to have players refusing to play in the spirit of the game. That said, mass claim if you like. It ain't going to break the game.

Here it is for all who missed it. Good catch Vaya. Honestly, I don't really expect it to break the game either. SlySly is a competent player. I'm assuming he's a competent mod.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Phate »

I'm not going to argue with the mod, but yes, I'm still in favor of a massclaim.

Okay, I changed my mind.

I am going to argue with the mod.

Excuse me, Mr. Mod. I've beaten one-player Super Mario without using cheats, and I utterly fail to see how that's a relevant metaphor for a massclaim. I didn't join the game to break it and I didn't join the game to get on your good side; I joined the game to have fun and to win. I'm not having much fun yet (not knowing how far I can trust my win condition makes it difficult for me to enjoy a game), but I intend to win, and I know I will obtain satisfaction from winning and I know I will obtain satisfaction if I break your setup. As for the spirit of the game, I don't think I'm obligated to play in a certain way because of your opinion of some intangible, relative 'spirit of the game'; rather, I think you're obligated to create that through role mechanics and flavor. Besides, what the hell flavor am I supposed to take away from administering a Windows network? I think I am playing according to the spirit of the game. I could easily imagine a Windows network administrator trying to break this setup.

Still in favor of a massclaim.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”