SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Well, the scum sure isn't going to ever kill him and, honestly, I dont want him here at lylo. So, yep, maybe I'm just a dick now, but I think he's scummy and I'm fine with lynching him for it.

TNUOCETOV

killa seven - 6 (TheSweatpantsNinja, Firestarter, Knight of Cydonia, SpyreX, StrangerCoug, Corinthian)
Manito - 3 (FaerieLord, LlamaFluff, killa seven)
Firestarter - 2 (armlx, CF Riot)
FaerieLord - 1 (Manito)
armlx - 1 (LaptopGun)

Not Voting - Joubert, orangepenguin

15 alive, 8 to lynch.

-Mod
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by armlx »

SpyreX wrote:Well, the scum sure isn't going to ever kill him and, honestly, I dont want him here at lylo. So, yep, maybe I'm just a dick now, but I think he's scummy and I'm fine with lynching him for it.
I would much rather wait on more days of info so we can filter through the noise and possibly see connections between people who flip scum and him, the later being the best way to catch people with a scummy meta.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I'm not really buying the "meta" reasoning. If killa 7 is scummy, he's scummy. His actions and words have been consistently anti-town, and he wasn't really the driving force behind it, but he definitely sprung off the forbiddan mislynch. Based on others observations of him, and my own, I'm willing to
vote: killa 7
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:05 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

I feel like im talking to a brick wall when I tell people to lynch mantio and corin over K7 but hey, will it hurt to try again?

Look people. I have never played a game with K7 before, yes I realize that he is not really being helpful as a whole, and he comes off as a newer/scummy player. The thing is, this read tends to be very volital in past game I have played in, these people always look scummy. SC* who replaced in seems to be another one of these unfortunate few who comes off as scum in most games, even when he is not scum.

My read on manito and corin** though are not on players that have the newb tell. They are both demonstrating scum tells that when you match them up across multiple games, they end up flipping scum instead of town. This is an observation, but go back in your games and compare the likelyhood of the annoying, lurker being scum to the chance of the fence sitter, the flipflopper, the follower. These players are much, much more likely to be scum. Period.

When you compare tells, we are chasing ghosts here. There are much better options then K7. Most people seem to like ignoring them though, which makes me think that either 1) I am right, or 2) People think im wrong. If its 2, freaking tell me people! I want to know why you dont think im right so I can actually work on proving to you that I am right!

~~~Both these games are finished (dodges mod lightning)~~~
* - StrangerCoug meta and response to 793. In mini 604 he replaced in and joined a very scummy wagon on wierd reasons. When the wagon shifted to him he threw a vote on a lurker for pressure which quickly made that wagon a lynch. Looking at a few other games its constant, this guy gets lynched a lot as town for doing scummy stuff.

** - Corin in mini 608 was cop and was much more active in discussion and helped out in sealing a few scum lynches. His rate of posting was also much more there then it is in here, and the content was much greater. This play is nothing like what I saw in that game when he was town.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:07 pm

Post by armlx »

** - Corin in mini 608 was cop and was much more active in discussion and helped out in sealing a few scum lynches. His rate of posting was also much more there then it is in here, and the content was much greater. This play is nothing like what I saw in that game when he was town.
This is win. I now agree with a Corin wagon and may even join it based on this.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by killa seven »

orangepenguin wrote:I'm not really buying the "meta" reasoning. If killa 7 is scummy, he's scummy. His actions and words have been consistently anti-town, and he wasn't really the driving force behind it, but he definitely sprung off the forbiddan mislynch. Based on others observations of him, and my own, I'm willing to
great the new guy joined the best wagon to avoid conflict :(
your willin to join to avoid conflict, great nice vote scumbag.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:06 pm

Post by SpyreX »

^^ This kind of business is why my vote is here and is staying here.
Show

Proud member of BaM
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

killa seven wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:I'm not really buying the "meta" reasoning. If killa 7 is scummy, he's scummy. His actions and words have been consistently anti-town, and he wasn't really the driving force behind it, but he definitely sprung off the forbiddan mislynch. Based on others observations of him, and my own, I'm willing to
great the new guy joined
the best wagon
to avoid conflict :(
your willin to join to avoid conflict, great
nice vote
scumbag.
Best wagon = the wagon finding scum? Or did you mean the biggest wagon? Yeah, that post just makes me even more confident in my vote. If I wanted to avoid conflict, I would just simply lurk until the day was over, or I would jump on a smaller wagon.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

armlx wrote:BTW, where is FaerieLord?
Here? I've posted in the previous page too.
SpyreX wrote: just change my playstyle to try and help the town some?
It's not as easy as it sounds. I'm trying in other games, but it's still rather hard to change instinctive play
Armlx wrote:This is win. I now agree with a Corin wagon and may even join it based on this.
Having just read some of that game, I agree.
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:38 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

...You're willing to lynch Corin based on lurking (which may be imposed by RL), and the fact he was more active as a Cop? This is why I don't like meta - how do you know he's not being less active to avoid attention, because people know his "meta" as protown is to be vocal?
Meta is WIFOM and outguessing at best, and I refuse to lynch anyone based on meta and lurking alone.

CFR - You're missing the point. I'm not using killa's lurking as my main reason - it's more of a null-tell in my eyes, than a scum-tell. THe scum-tells for me are the way he posts without any content until someone attacks him, then misinterprets every post creatively, or even better, ignores them entirely, just spouting aggro at them.
As I pointed out in my PBPA, he also at two points in Day 1 implies that he knows fobiddan isn't town.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:36 am

Post by armlx »

Meta is WIFOM and outguessing at best, and I refuse to lynch anyone based on meta and lurking alone.
Meta is not WIFOM. By that logic, all scum tells are WIFOM.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:53 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

killa seven wrote:great the new guy joined the best wagon to avoid conflict :(
Something here screams OMGUS, even though in my book it implies voting back. Attacking a player just for voting you, killa seven? You seem desperate trying to stay alive here.

I'll take a look at Corinthian when I get the chance. I know that I said I'd do FaerieLord next, and that's something I've yet to bother doing. I really don't want to lynch Manito right now since killa seven voted for him without giving a reason. If I had to make a guess as to the three scum, then killa seven, Corinthian, and FaerieLord are it.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:45 am

Post by armlx »

killa seven wrote:
great the new guy joined the best wagon to avoid conflict :(
This kind of OMGUS is a mild scum tell on K7.
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Joubert »

Meta OUGHT to be WIFOM, because each game is a separate entity...
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:17 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Joubert wrote:Meta OUGHT to be WIFOM, because each game is a separate entity...
To me meta is something you can use to back up a case or a defense of a player, but not something to soley convict them upon. For example Corin playing differently is something againt him, but it shouldnt be enough to lynch him on by himself. Same with K7, his behavior isnt ideal, while meta is a point to his favor, it doesnt absolve him 100% from being scum.

That said again though, lets lynch Corin or manito, cmon people.
Co-host of The USL Show
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:44 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Looking at Corinthian's posts, he seems to be overly defensive.

This is my least favorite post of his mostly one-liners:
Corinthian wrote:God I hate you, Llama.

Me, Manito, and KoC have all gotten votes from you based on the idiotic idea that it's all right to vote for someone to pressure them into responding to you.

I refuse to respond to that kind of bullshit.
Tell me there isn't something wrong with refusing to give information.

Unvote: killa seven
Major HoS: killa seven
Vote: Corinthian
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Manito
Manito
Goon
Manito
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by Manito »

LlamaFluff wrote: My read on manito and corin** though are not on players that have the newb tell.
They are both demonstrating scum tells that when you match them up across multiple games
, they end up flipping scum instead of town. This is an observation, but go back in your games and compare the likelyhood of the annoying, lurker being scum to the chance of the fence sitter, the flipflopper, the follower. These players are much, much more likely to be scum. Period.
Just what, exactly, are you matching me up against? I've participated in two games on this website, of which neither has completed, and this one here is the only one I am currently involved in, as I asked to be replaced in the other because of the time constraints/personal issues I mentioned earlier. So just how are you arriving at this conclusion with me, Llama...I'm curious?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Manito wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote: My read on manito and corin** though are not on players that have the newb tell.
They are both demonstrating scum tells that when you match them up across multiple games
, they end up flipping scum instead of town. This is an observation, but go back in your games and compare the likelyhood of the annoying, lurker being scum to the chance of the fence sitter, the flipflopper, the follower. These players are much, much more likely to be scum. Period.
Just what, exactly, are you matching me up against? I've participated in two games on this website, of which neither has completed, and this one here is the only one I am currently involved in, as I asked to be replaced in the other because of the time constraints/personal issues I mentioned earlier. So just how are you arriving at this conclusion with me, Llama...I'm curious?
Against standards of play on the site and game as a whole. If you look back at most games, scum fall into these types of tells that I mentioned above much more often then annoying lurker. You are displaying these tells, Corin is displaying these tells, KoC has been displaying some of these tells. While K7 isnt the most townie person here, I think lurking and annoyance is where more of his votes come from then proven tells. I am more then happy to join the wagon of whatever player out of the three aformentioned gets to the lynching stage fastest, although Corin and mantio are my prefereances. The mood of the town seems to be calling for the Corin lynch now though, so I am going to

unvote
vote Corin

and ask the people who have been starting to call him scum (armlx, CFR I know have mentioned this) to help get behind this lynch. Its far overdue and looks much better then K7.
Co-host of The USL Show
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by armlx »

Joubert wrote:Meta OUGHT to be WIFOM, because each game is a separate entity...
Metas are only WIFOM once the player knows about them, as at that point they can actively change their behavior.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:15 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

corin wrote: God I hate you, Llama.

Me, Manito, and KoC have all gotten votes from you based on the idiotic idea that it's all right to vote for someone to pressure them into responding to you.

I refuse to respond to that kind of bullshit.
Huh, I missed this.

Tell us, corin: what kind of bullshit
do
you respond to?
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:31 am

Post by LaptopGun »

For what it's worth, Corin didn't respond to me in post 731 either. I called "bullshit" on his reasoning. He's posted once since then it was a vote.

I am not getting into another discussion about metas because I think I took the last one past the point of absurdity. :(
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:33 am

Post by LaptopGun »

Almost forgot...

FOS Corin
for dodging and bad reasoning.
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:06 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

less talking about Corin and more voting Corin would be a very good thing to do here
Co-host of The USL Show
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:52 am

Post by Firestarter »

Ok, Ive seen enough to change my vote.
At Least K7 is posting now
, but my suspicion of him is still extremely high....

UNVOTE: VOTE: CORINTHIAN...

I will keep my extremely keen
FoS
on
K7
for now, as even though he is posting, hes not doing enough to alleviate the pressure on him...
('') (':') ('')
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:20 am

Post by SpyreX »

*sigh*

Ok, here's the deal. Personally, I dont think Corin has been scummy this game. K7, however has.

Moreso, though, I want to see the game MOVE FORWARD.

So, here's the deal. If the wagon to Corin moves ahead like it looks like its going to, fine, I'll go along.

When Corin comes up town, I want for the rest of the damn game the term "meta" to be stricken from the records. I'd like to see people get lynched for their behavior this game.

If I'm wrong about Corin, I'll give a little more credence to this whole meta discussion. As it sits, I'm tiiired of it and I'd like to see the game actually progress based on the play of this game.
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”