PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay PEG should have done the kill and I think my voting system and push for majority hindered that. PEG was right about Surye and about Elvis. I should have listened to PEG, alot of people should have listened to him. I am glad him and you, Kuribo signed up. I am glad about alot of the people that signed up for this one. We had a pretty dang good cast of scummers for this game and I'm glad I was a part of it.

In worse idea mafia I was all about killing. Since there were no assholes or other players I wanted to instantyl kill AND also because your kill means you die I push for majority killings and other forms of order by Adel's example.

We still won though so I guess its all good.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:08 am

Post by Adel »

I intended to kill UA with that post.
I was confident that Yos2 was scum at that point, but I felt that I had to set an example.

Thanks for winning the game for us NabNab!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

Adel wrote:Thanks for winning the game for us NabNab!
Hey don't I get anything? One of us had to be alive in order to win too despite the fact I shouldn't have been that one
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

GG NabNab and everybody else indeed
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:15 am

Post by Adel »

ok, here, have a Mario cookie for winning:
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:19 am

Post by The Fonz »

Adel wrote:I intended to kill UA with that post.
I was confident that Yos2 was scum at that point, but I felt that I had to set an example.

Thanks for winning the game for us NabNab!
You were completely correct in your actions there, Adel. UA was wholly in the wrong.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

Adel wrote:ok, here, have a Mario cookie for winning:
That is awesome. Munch
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:37 am

Post by elvis_knits »

lol

I think my lurking got me into trouble here. Plus people were onto us from the getgo, even though mafia managed to make it to lylo.

I was horrified when quag replaced back into the game, and sad when BBM was modkilled. Both those things made it harder for me. If I knew quag was coming back to the game I would have NKed him that night.

It was a very interesting problem for me -- how to make someone else look scummy AND get out of doing the killing yourself. I just tried to make my best case against NN and cross my fingers. I think I should have been more proactive all game. But I was sorta scared because every time I talked there were people like quag and PEG who wanted to kill me ASAP.

Anyway, GG all, and thanks super-mod STOOF!
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:43 am

Post by Claus »

elvis_knits wrote: It was a very interesting problem for me -- how to make someone else look scummy AND get out of doing the killing yourself.
I guess this was the main theme of the game. I hadn't noticed it until here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:21 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Elvis, you did great. For a long time, when it looked like we were totally screwed, the plan became "get elvis to endgame and give her a chance". And it might have worked, too, if it wasn't for that random modkill. Ah, well. Good game, everyone.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:23 am

Post by elvis_knits »

OMG did you crap your pants when quag came back into the game?

I did.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:28 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Oh, yeah. So unfair; we killed him off for a reason, lol.

But, yeah. Best pro-town people this game probably were:

Elmo: Good instints there. I had thought I had just about talked myself out of trouble too, heh.

Quagmire: All around solid play.

Adel: The biggest contrabution she did to the town wasn't just the stratagy, it was that she sucessfully created a lethally effecitve pro-town block of her, Quagmire, and PEG, and that block then gave us no end of problems for days until we finally managed to kill them all off. Although I will mention that we deliberatly left her alive because I was completly confident she would end up killing some random townie for striking a light. ;)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:32 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

elvis_knits wrote:I think my lurking got me into trouble here. Plus people were onto us from the getgo, even though mafia managed to make it to lylo.
Also, I don't think you really did anything wrong there. You were quite delibratly hanging out in the spot of being "not the worst lurker" but otherwise staying below the radar. That modkill was the main reason you lost that endgame, I think. :(
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:34 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Damn BBM and his lurking!
Talk nerdy to me.

Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:48 am

Post by Quagmire »

Yahoo! Win!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yosarian2 wrote:Oh, yeah. So unfair; we killed him off for a reason, lol.

Elmo: Good instints there. I had thought I had just about talked myself out of trouble too, heh.

Adel: The biggest contrabution she did to the town wasn't just the stratagy, it was that she sucessfully created a lethally effecitve pro-town block of her, Quagmire, and PEG, and that block then gave us no end of problems for days until we finally managed to kill them all off. Although I will mention that we deliberatly left her alive because I was completly confident she would end up killing some random townie for striking a light. ;)
Quag and Peg's suspicion were dead on for the most part. I didn't quite understand them in respect to Elvis but I guess gut is all that matters as Elmo proved.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:57 am

Post by PokerFace »

EBWOP: Quag and Peg's suspicion
s
were dead on for the most part. They suspected the right people mostly
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:05 am

Post by Quagmire »

PokerFace wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Oh, yeah. So unfair; we killed him off for a reason, lol.

Quag and Peg's suspicion were dead on for the most part. I didn't quite understand them in respect to Elvis but I guess gut is all that matters as Elmo proved.
I had elvis pegged because Elvis was the lone player who seemed scared to have any attention brought onto her throughout the game, which is a proper tactic among mafiosos to not be placed in a position where they have to blow themselves up. Think about it: the most active of players, with PF being the lone exception, were the ones who exploded. elvis "talked," but wasn't really 100% there and active the whole time.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay I kinda understand what you were getting at Now, but I didn't while I was playing. Maybe I wasn't paying antention to her well enough. I guess that's really it. Did she lurk or hide when she got suspected? Elvis did recently post something that hinted she did hide until she was more out of the light as you suggested. Wish I had noticed that while playing.

My suspicions in this game were off for the most part so it is probably a good thing that I didn't go off and Elmo did. I almost messed up this game beyond repair with a few of the cases I made and defended. Sorry I got you killed Quag, sorry I got Sarc and a lightly contributed to others deaths too.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:33 am

Post by Elmo »

Yosarian2 wrote:Elmo: Good instints there. I had thought I had just about talked myself out of trouble too, heh.
You were really good. I can see why you got that scummy now, hah, it would have been torture trying to get you lynched normally :P I can't believe CES called you 'confirmed town', lol. There was no big thing, it was just lots of little things strung together iirc.. AIM me if you're curious :)

Elvis was good, too. FWIW I would have picked her & Flameaxe to blow up (with slight townish read on FA) at the end, but she seemed quite natural when I was alive... I had her in a sort of 'slightly townish to neutral depending on skill' category. And that's better than most scum do :)

I did feel that Marmalade was obv town and it was unlikely that CES and Yos were both scum, so I didn't approve of CES - Marmalade blowing up. But I did feel that NabNab and PF were fairly obviously town, and that was good play from them, staying up, heh. But then good enough is the enemy of perfect, right? :P

I do think we got lucky inthat Surye made it kinda obvious that skitzer was town; without that, Elvis would have killed probably PokerFace(?) and the endgame would have been something like {NabNab|PF}, Flameaxe, Skitzer, Elvis. And if you looked over the game as a whole, Skitzer - Flameaxe blowing up is quite tempting. I thought town might lose when CES blew up Marmalade.

gg
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:48 am

Post by Quagmire »

Elmo wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Elmo: Good instints there. I had thought I had just about talked myself out of trouble too, heh.
You were really good. I can see why you got that scummy now, hah, it would have been torture trying to get you lynched normally :P I can't believe CES called you 'confirmed town', lol. There was no big thing, it was just lots of little things strung together iirc.. AIM me if you're curious :)

Elvis was good, too. FWIW I would have picked her & Flameaxe to blow up (with slight townish read on FA) at the end, but she seemed quite natural when I was alive... I had her in a sort of 'slightly townish to neutral depending on skill' category. And that's better than most scum do :)

I did feel that Marmalade was obv town and it was unlikely that CES and Yos were both scum, so I didn't approve of CES - Marmalade blowing up. But I did feel that NabNab and PF were fairly obviously town, and that was good play from them, staying up, heh. But then good enough is the enemy of perfect, right? :P

I do think we got lucky inthat Surye made it kinda obvious that skitzer was town; without that, Elvis would have killed probably PokerFace(?) and the endgame would have been something like {NabNab|PF}, Flameaxe, Skitzer, Elvis. And if you looked over the game as a whole, Skitzer - Flameaxe blowing up is quite tempting. I thought town might lose when CES blew up Marmalade.

gg
yos's string of death posts owned
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Yeah, me calling Yos confirmed town to get him killed in the long run probably wasn't a smart idea. Glad we won, though.

Thanks for the game, Stoof and everyone.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:11 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Also, Quag, it wasn't your fault you got killed there at the end; I had earlier tricked Pokerface and others into thinking there was a link between me and Marmalade, so you were already in a bad position when you replaced in.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:21 am

Post by Surye »

kuribo wrote:
PokerFace wrote:Yay I'm sorry I tried to stop you Claus. I saw you get on that night and I should have switched my vote so at least you would have got Surye.
Surye's overreaction to my suspicion and constant throwing about of WIFOM was what got me convinced. Everyone was pressing for him to blow up, and he kept saying that he wouldn't until the town all agreed on it, but that point had clearly come and gone. Fortunately, in this game, we didn't have to wait for a lynching majority. :P
Haha, I was just trying to piss you off as much as I could so I didn't have to look like I was avoiding blowing up Yos. I knew I was dead, I just needed one of you to blow me up. :P
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

I think I was the only one you truly tricked considering the voting. I think I might have tricked myself more than you tricked me, but yay you did fool me. The others were mildly fooled since they prefered a CEScum lynching. I can't believe anyone voted him after Yos2 came up scum. I told you guys that he was much more likly to be town if Yos was scum.

I think I wasn't entirely thinking straight with that conspiracy idea. I got it becuase I suspected CEScum and he just did a major opinion change saying Yos was confirmed. I wish I could have convinced others that he was likly Town despite being a little scummy at points

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”