Mini 1540 - Terror in Eagleland (Game Over)

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:30 am

Post by Antihero »

^That was addressed to MME.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:33 am

Post by GreyICE »

Kaboom is a quality vote too.

Actually I'm changing my MME suspicions over to Kaboom. I liked him for BJC's buddy day 1, then in the doldrums of day 2 kinda forgot about him.

He seems to have petered out on this game 2. And the thing is, he was hyper-excited early. And hyper excited town is pretty much over the moon after we nail two scum.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:34 am

Post by GreyICE »

OTOH watching one buddy get wagoned, the second one get lynched, suspicion land on you, and then your second buddy goes "blam" on day 2 with a lightning wagon that was literally started by one guy saying "vote lootifier" and the rest of us saying "baaaa" and voting him (yes there's actually a reason I'll randomly sheep town reads if I don't trust my own reads) that's demoralizing.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:34 am

Post by GreyICE »

OTOH watching one buddy get wagoned, the second one get lynched, suspicion land on you, and then your second buddy goes "blam" on day 2 with a lightning wagon that was literally started by one guy saying "vote lootifier" and the rest of us saying "baaaa" and voting him (yes there's actually a reason I'll randomly sheep town reads if I don't trust my own reads) that's demoralizing.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:35 am

Post by Antihero »

well, yeah I kind of forgot about kaboom. he falls into the "lurker" category with phok.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:40 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 234, kabooooom wrote:
In post 179, Lootifer wrote:Oooh such fun! I see its my turn to stand in front of the GreyICE firing squad.

Well best I start with the promised content before JJ and Grey explode with an overload of group-think (and to be fair I
did
promise material):

My problem with Kaboom is primarily due to his suspicion of GF, which is based on my town-read of GF. As a fellow newbie I have gone through his (GF's) exact thought process every time pressure has come on (in fact one such example happened not 5 minutes ago): the temptation to roll over and say "fuck it" (see: 36) is a strong one, and him doing so struck me as a genuine, rather than fabricated, reaction. As such Kabooms case, which is fairly elaborate, stood out as odd. The merits of Kaboom vs. GF in my mind were further emphasised by two experienced players coming out and reading town on GF - I am assuming there's at least
some
genuine town-aligned advice in there.

Next I have a confession: I didn't (at the time) have anything meaningful on FoD. I had a gut feel, and it was to do with "sheeping" - I immediately associated sheeping with scum. I have since come to realise that sheeping isn't necessarily scummy behavior, and when you just roll out with it openly you can hardly use that as an argument for scummyness (WIFOM).

Since then I have been getting a gut read building on FoD, but nothing I feel is worth reporting on. And in case you hadn't realised by now I am not very assertive with my early reads: this is an intended passive style, not everyone suits the "YOU'RE SCUM, DIE MOTHER FUCKER" style of play.

Last but not least bjc. I am reading him as scum, but unfortunately I think it's 80% to do with being influenced by the cases put forth by other people and 20% my own thought. I kind of see what other people are seeing in his posts, but I am having to admit to myself that I didn't see it first pass. Though 171 is useful: To me that is a good counter example of what I mean as a fabricated example of rolling over and saying "fuck it" (cf. GF's genuine version).

Now moving on:

Regarding JJ I really don't feel the need to revise my wariness of him. He posts a lot, and he doesn't seem to have made any scum-slips. But does that really make him Mr Town 2014? I wouldn't have thought so. If anyone deserves a prize for being Mr Town 2014 its you. You have been incessant in your proverbial knives to throats.

So overall my current status: I would be ok with a lynch on bjc, though i'd be opposed to cutting short the time we have available for further scum-hunting by lynching him immediately. I'd like to see some pressure on Kaboom. I'd oppose lynches on GreyICE and GF, and likely oppose a lynch on JJ (certainly D1 anyway). Anything else isn't worth the paper its written on (apart from my aforementioned dislike/suspicion of Rob W, but as you rightly point out it doesn't look like we'll see him again - if he does come back I would, obviously, like to get some answers).

@ JJ: I don't like to throw out confident town/scum assertions on D1. To me D1 is simply hoping for scum slips and/or using your experience to read players you've played with before. Being analytical and tentative is all I have on D1 since I lack the ability to contribute in other ways.

VOTE: Kaboooooom
lurking- check!

trying to blend- check!

trying to be friendly- check!

diverting attention- check!

ah!! You are perfect for a scum! Congrats!

btw, my thoughts on gm were my own and independent of other players!
also, when you pressure someone by saying you want to pressure, it doesn't work!

side note: there are 5 O's in my name! Not 6!!

Hmmmm.

This makes them a really weird scumteam.

Just distancing?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:40 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 234, kabooooom wrote:
In post 179, Lootifer wrote:Oooh such fun! I see its my turn to stand in front of the GreyICE firing squad.

Well best I start with the promised content before JJ and Grey explode with an overload of group-think (and to be fair I
did
promise material):

My problem with Kaboom is primarily due to his suspicion of GF, which is based on my town-read of GF. As a fellow newbie I have gone through his (GF's) exact thought process every time pressure has come on (in fact one such example happened not 5 minutes ago): the temptation to roll over and say "fuck it" (see: 36) is a strong one, and him doing so struck me as a genuine, rather than fabricated, reaction. As such Kabooms case, which is fairly elaborate, stood out as odd. The merits of Kaboom vs. GF in my mind were further emphasised by two experienced players coming out and reading town on GF - I am assuming there's at least
some

Next I have a confession: I didn't (at the time) have anything meaningful on FoD. I had a gut feel, and it was to do with "sheeping" - I immediately associated sheeping with scum. I have since come to realise that sheeping isn't necessarily scummy behavior, and when you just roll out with it openly you can hardly use that as an argument for scummyness (WIFOM).

Since then I have been getting a gut read building on FoD, but nothing I feel is worth reporting on. And in case you hadn't realised by now I am not very assertive with my early reads: this is an intended passive style, not everyone suits the "YOU'RE SCUM, DIE MOTHER FUCKER" style of play.

Last but not least bjc. I am reading him as scum, but unfortunately I think it's 80% to do with being influenced by the cases put forth by other people and 20% my own thought. I kind of see what other people are seeing in his posts, but I am having to admit to myself that I didn't see it first pass. Though 171 is useful: To me that is a good counter example of what I mean as a fabricated example of rolling over and saying "fuck it" (cf. GF's genuine version).

Now moving on:

Regarding JJ I really don't feel the need to revise my wariness of him. He posts a lot, and he doesn't seem to have made any scum-slips. But does that really make him Mr Town 2014? I wouldn't have thought so. If anyone deserves a prize for being Mr Town 2014 its you. You have been incessant in your proverbial knives to throats.

So overall my current status: I would be ok with a lynch on bjc, though i'd be opposed to cutting short the time we have available for further scum-hunting by lynching him immediately. I'd like to see some pressure on Kaboom. I'd oppose lynches on GreyICE and GF, and likely oppose a lynch on JJ (certainly D1 anyway). Anything else isn't worth the paper its written on (apart from my aforementioned dislike/suspicion of Rob W, but as you rightly point out it doesn't look like we'll see him again - if he does come back I would, obviously, like to get some answers).

@ JJ: I don't like to throw out confident town/scum assertions on D1. To me D1 is simply hoping for scum slips and/or using your experience to read players you've played with before. Being analytical and tentative is all I have on D1 since I lack the ability to contribute in other ways.

lurking- check!

trying to blend- check!

trying to be friendly- check!

diverting attention- check!

ah!! You are perfect for a scum! Congrats!

btw, my thoughts on gm were my own and independent of other players!
also, when you pressure someone by saying you want to pressure, it doesn't work!

side note: there are 5 O's in my name! Not 6!!

Hmmmm.

This makes them a really weird scumteam.

Just distancing?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:42 am

Post by GreyICE »

I mean if I were Lootifier, I'd know that even if the wagon on me collapsed, it'd just restart the wagon on bjc (exactly like it did). Kabooooom looks like a good target for a random wagon.

Hmmm...

Zekrom+PV...
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:42 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

In post 824, Antihero wrote:
In post 618, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 609, Respalt wrote:Peregrine, I'd like to hear more about who you think is scum. I also don't know about your analysis of the Goodfather reaction to the 1-shot vig claim - what were you expecting?
I would expect Grey to explain why he wasted his shot. Goodfather counterclaims bjc here (403), so if Grey is 1-shot vig, then he basically wasted a shot (455) to check if the guy who counterclaimed scum was lying. I'd want to know the reason.

I personally like the idea that they are both telling the truth, so as to give us two confirmed town (or as close as).

I can see vig claiming, but wonder at lack of response (or analysis). It would be even more pronounced if Grey were to flip scum, because that would explain why Goodfather didn't call him out on it.

As for the rest, I'll get more in-depth reads out later.
Well, peregrine knew full well that goodfather claimed BP, so there goes that one...

I'm guessing you're going to vote kaboom?
Yup.
Eek
!
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:43 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 219, My Milked Eek wrote:
Unvote
Vote: kaboom

After skimming the thread:
Town are nat-slandaar-rob-jj-goodfather
meh are per-fod-bjc-phok
scum is kaboom-ice-lootifer.

Out of the meh pile, per and phok are leaning scum.

You can put your bouquets of flowers on the table with the others.
Oh god, and here MME joins Lootifier on the Kabooooom wagon. And the scum had daytalk, 100% proven.

Vote: MME
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:45 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

So, we're there again?
Eek
!
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:47 am

Post by GreyICE »

Yeah, MME. Yeah we are.

I'm going to look through the ISOs again, but with the firm knowledge that BJC
and
Lootifier were scum, hail mary plays start to look a lot more reasonable. 1-2 punches like this are horrific for the scumteam.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:52 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Tunnel hard or tunnel home?
Eek
!
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:01 am

Post by GreyICE »

No, actually, you know what? My play this game has been the exact opposite of tunneling. I have made town reads, I have made scum reads. I have pushed those scum reads, and I have sheeped my town reads. And my scum reads have FLIPPED MOTHERFUCKING SCUM. We are sitting here on day 3 with 2 dead scum and 1 dead Vanilla Townie. In a situation that started out 10:3, we are now 9:1.

I didn't do it alone, but for fucks sake I do not have to sit here and take lip about my play this game.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:03 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

I meant on my mistake, not your entire play. Calm down.
Eek
!
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:19 am

Post by GreyICE »

It's not just pushing me. Fine, whatever, townies suspect me. In and of itself, not a scumtell, although I look hard at whoever is pushing me always.
In post 219, My Milked Eek wrote:
Unvote
Vote: kaboom

After skimming the thread:
Town are nat-slandaar-rob-jj-goodfather
meh are per-fod-
bjc
-phok
scum is kaboom-ice-
lootifer

Out of the meh pile, per and phok are leaning scum.

You can put your bouquets of flowers on the table with the others.

did
promise material):

some

It's really two separate actions. The coordinated Kabooooom move, and the chainsaw on people voting bjc while claiming to have no read.

Both times you've had "scum reads" or "null reads" on scum, but acted in a way that preserves their life.
In post 629, My Milked Eek wrote: In conclusion, pv-lootifer for remaining scum, zek-phok as backups, everyone else is town.
I'll elaborate on request.

Vote: PeregrineV
In post 721, My Milked Eek wrote:
In post 705, Slandaar wrote:Eeky you should vote Lootifer.
I might, but I don't like how this PV wagon is stalling.

Goodfather, what's your opinion on PV's claim?
And again.

I mean it could just be coincidence. But it really feels off to me.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:20 am

Post by GreyICE »

I mean really, it's just "FOS scum, vote town"
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:23 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 311, bjc wrote: I'm waiting on MME's verdict. If I can avoid potentially hurting the town, I will.
Grey I did have this quote in my wall but with the added knowledge scum had daychat this makes Eeky look very town.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:31 am

Post by GreyICE »

He was under pressure, flailing, and looking for an excuse to explain why he hadn't claimed while at L-1. Remember ANY townie wandering in who hadn't voted for him could have dropped the hammer, instantly killing him.

I mean I'll still buy Zekrom, because I can see Natirasha YOLO voting bjc after the Lootifier disaster, but maaaan the MME slot has a hell of a lot of coincidences attached to it.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:32 am

Post by GreyICE »

Oh yeah, and I was yelling at the top of my lungs for him to be instantly lynched after claim stalling (I should really start a diary of claim stalling just to make my point, the only time I've seen town do it is masons/innocent child). That tends to make scum feel like that's a likely thing to have happen (and man it would have been cool)
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:33 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

That's how I roll.
Eek
!
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:41 pm

Post by Antihero »

I AM A TIME LORD!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:18 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Deja vu...
Eek
!
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:50 pm

Post by Slandaar »

I have to vote someone other than Respalt today ughhhhhhhhhhhhh
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:34 am

Post by Slandaar »

OK I think it is time to vote partly based on logic and partly based on gut

VOTE: Zekrom

After looking at how I discounted people as buddies I feel Zekrom is kind of questionable. PV probably submits a kill last night which is currently what I am assuming is the cause for no nk (failed to submit)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”