Micro 715: Friendly Neighbor 6 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:51 am

Post by ThinkBig »

Official Vote Count

iDanyboy
(2): BTD6_maker, Vedith
L-1

BTD6_maker
(2): iDanyboy, Alchemist21
L-1

Not Voting
(1): Something_Smart

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

The day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2017-07-10 14:38:04)
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:15 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 793, Vedith wrote:
In post 605, ThinkBig wrote:BTD6_maker (2): Something_Smart, iDanyboy
In post 625, ThinkBig wrote:BTD6_maker (2): Something_Smart, iDanyboy
In post 653, ThinkBig wrote:BTD6_maker (3): Something_Smart, iDanyboy, Sergtacos L-1
In post 666, ThinkBig wrote:BTD6_maker (2): Something_Smart, iDanyboy
Dany / BTD are not scum.

Also, SS you're reads mean very little if it's outside of BTD/me and Alch/Dany. You should state anything you want to though, as if you lynch wrong today, game over, lynch right, we lynch the buddy.
Easy game, easy money.

So, now let me tell you why Vedith/BTD is a no go for you.
1 - It will lose us the game
2 - I came into the day with you as scum, but I wanted to hear opinions first before risking the vote dropped. Dany gave no regard to any other teams away from BTD and dropped the vote. That means that he had no care with LyLo, not something town does.
3 - Alch is trying way too hard right now. He's also got the sweats because he knows when Dany is lynched, tomorrow he is bye bye.
4 - is such so forced. Even more so with .
5 - Alch suggests that me and Dany can be scum together (which I still don't get) and has no issue voting BTD with that thought.
6 - I'm Vedith \o/
7 - I solved the game.
I can analyse this.

At the moment, I know every player's alignment. I know Vedith is Town, and I know Vedith knows iDanyBoy is scum. Vedith clearly considers it extremely unlikely that the scum team is myself and iDanyBoy (they stated as much), so from Vedith's perspective Point 1 holds.

It doesn't necessarily hold from your (SS) perspective, though. From your perspective, Vedith/BTD and Alchemist/iDanyBoy are both possible scumteams. (BTD/iDanyBoy is also possible, though presumably much more unlikely). Thus, while it is solid for Vedith (who can guarantee 100% that iDanyBoy is scum) it doesn't necessarily apply to you.

Now for Point 2.

A Townie voting first early in LyLo is anti-Town (barring extreme circumstances like getting a Cop guilty). Even if a Townie has a very strong scum read, there is nothing to lose in waiting for at least a while before voting. Would scum do the same? Scum have two options. They can either just sit and wait for a Townie to vote a Townie (like I did in 714). This is risky, though, as it could take a while and there is always a chance of you being suspected. The other approach is to strongly push for the lynch of one specific Townie and hope to convince someone else to join you. It is perhaps easier to push a lynch here if you try to make sure that another Townie also scumreads the same person. (The main disadvantage is that you effectively reduce the lynch pool to two people, one of which is yourself, so you would have a 50% chance of being lynched barring other factors).

Here iDanyBoy has taken the latter approach. They voted me near the start, being the first to push for a lynch. What makes the second method work here? Here it is the fact that you were scumreading me previously and so scum hoped you would vote me.

Now Point 3.

From my perspective I know Alchemist is scum. However, from your perspective you do not know that for sure so for the sake of argument we will suppose they are Town.

Consider their perspective after iDanyBoy voted me and I voted them. From my perspective, I knew iDanyBoy was practically confscum so I could vote them without any fear of being wrong. From Alchemist's perspective, they had no such knowledge. Either of us could have been scum. However, they then proceed to push that I am scum as opposed to iDanyBoy and voted me when there was plenty of time left in the game (which, as Town, loses instantly if they are wrong). Their responses to me after that looked like scum trying to frame everything I say as scummy (such as, for example, the fact that I did not suspect anyone particularly as being iDanyBoy's partner as me just trying to get the last lynch). A Townie would consider the possibility that iDanyBoy is scum, but Alchemist refuses to do so.

(Of course, in this analysis we need to ignore everything they said after Vedith voted and there was no hammer, as at that point I really would be confscum from their perspective).

This also explains the fourth point. I now know that they are scum. In those posts they seem to be looking for reasons to vote me (and using one reason to claim I am practically "confscum") to them. As scum, they want to vote me without looking suspicious in the process. After that, all it would take is one Townie to vote me and they win. (As I now know they are scum I can rule out the possibility that they were Town and genuinely believed (but with some confbias) that that made me scum; however, I couldn't do so until they actually voted me and no hammer occurred).

As for the fifth point, a Townie would generally at least consider a particular pair. They are confident that SS is not scum, which I can understand. However, the one pair they didn't consider, given SS is Town, is Vedith/iDanyBoy, which implies that they do not consider that I could be Town. Again, this type of thinking can lose the game instantly as Town, but is very helpful for pushing a lynch as scum.

The sixth and seventh points seem to be jokes, so I will ignore them.

This is the case on iDanyBoy/Alchemist being the scum team. My analysis is probably somewhat clouded by my knowledge that Vedith and SS are confTown and iDanyBoy and Alchemist are confscum, but it's probably still fairly accurate. (Even if I know who scum are I cannot know exactly what they are thinking, but I can still make reasonable assumptions).
"one of these days i'll read you correctly" - Transcend, Micro 714
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:19 am

Post by Something_Smart »

BTD6, what is the difference between your townplay and your scumplay?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:27 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 798, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 797, Alchemist21 wrote:Inversely, had I been scum with Dany, I would have been a lot harder on him when he dropped that naked vote D1. It would have been a great chance to distance from him as scum. I challenged him on it but waited to see his explanation instead of just immediately going "OMG scum" and voting him.
How scummy did you think the naked vote actually was?
His initial reason for naked voting was that the person he voted dropped a naked vote. It was a blatant contradiction which made it scummy enough that as scum I would have been on it like a hawk. My response to the next quote will have more about this vote.
In post 799, Something_Smart wrote:Actually this is maybe the thing I want answered most. (I'd still like you to answer the other one of course)
Alchemist, how does Dany's play make him town? I'd like you to stick to his slot as much as possible (so don't use PoE or associatives).
In a vacuum his play is fairly scummy, and I've touched on this in a previous post. Most of his posts are reactionary and say little, though in a way that's one of the things that point to him being Town. The way he's played has been fairly consistent. A lot of what he said was agreeing/sheeping as well, but he's never tried to claim those reasons as his own, and mixed with some of his own thoughts it gives a sense that what he's saying is what he actually believes. The D1 vote was weird, but it's weird as either alignment. The contradiction of naked voting a guy because he naked voted is kinda scummy, but then the post after that look like it came from Town - has him basically saying the lack of reasoning was a reaction test, and in , , and come off as him honestly not realizing the contradiction he was making and him realizing his initial assumption about MM's naked vote was flawed. It shows me he acted on an impulsive Town instinct and then re-evaluated when it was pointed out that he was wrong in his assumptions. The signs that he's Town aren't strong but they are there.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:33 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 802, Something_Smart wrote:BTD6, what is the difference between your townplay and your scumplay?
For me, it's hard to tell. I do think I play somewhat better as scum (I have won a majority of my scum games), but other than that I cannot state anything specific. If I try self-meta, it will inevitably be biased.

Meta is generally a lot more reliable if done by someone who has played a lot of games with you as opposed to yourself.

Would you describe any particular difference between my scum and Town play?

You have seen me as scum in Micros 710 and 714 as well as Open 654. Have you seen me as Town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:51 am

You were town in 654, but I don't really remember that much of your play.

Do you believe that you are able to perfectly imitate your town thought processes as scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:54 am

In post 803, Alchemist21 wrote:The way he's played has been fairly consistent. A lot of what he said was agreeing/sheeping as well, but he's never tried to claim those reasons as his own, and mixed with some of his own thoughts it gives a sense that what he's saying is what he actually believes.
How does this give that sense? Most scum players aren't gonna copy other people's reasoning anyway.
The D1 vote was weird, but it's weird as either alignment. The contradiction of naked voting a guy because he naked voted is kinda scummy, but then the post after that look like it came from Town - 173 has him basically saying the lack of reasoning was a reaction test, and in 162, 184, and 231 come off as him honestly not realizing the contradiction he was making and him realizing his initial assumption about MM's naked vote was flawed. It shows me he acted on an impulsive Town instinct and then re-evaluated when it was pointed out that he was wrong in his assumptions. The signs that he's Town aren't strong but they are there.
Why do you think he only unvoted once I pointed out that not acting in town's best interest isn't always scummy? ()
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:06 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 805, Something_Smart wrote:You were town in 654, but I don't really remember that much of your play.

Do you believe that you are able to perfectly imitate your town thought processes as scum?
I may have confused Open 654 with another game.

In Open 654, I was the Tracker. I don't remember that much either, except that I almost got a scum guilty Day 1.

As scum, I do try to follow general principles I follow as Town, but I don't necessarily imitate my thought processes perfectly. My play certainly seems different, but I am not sure whether that is just due to the extra information or whether it's a distinct playstyle.

Again, if I try to analyse my own meta bias is inevitable, so I am probably not the best person to ask.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:14 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

With the barebones posts, as scum I think he'd be more careful about people seeing him as sheeping, especially after Raya pointed out it looked like he was sheeping me. He didn't stop agreeing with people and citing others' posts as reasons to scumread a player, and it makes me think it's because he genuinely believed in those reasons.

When you said something to him about that vote, you were the second person to do so (I was the first). Your made reference to his about why he was wrong, and that 173 was in turn a response to my , which also tried to explain to him why it was wrong. I guess it took 2 people telling him the same thing before it clicked for him.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:21 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 801, BTD6_maker wrote:The sixth and seventh points seem to be jokes, so I will ignore them.
WTF is this?
It's 100% serious!
I claim scum \o/
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:30 pm

In post 808, Alchemist21 wrote:I guess it took 2 people telling him the same thing before it clicked for him.
Maybe it took somebody who wasn't his scumbuddy telling him?

Idk I'm just spitballing here. Full disclosure I think that BTD6 and Vedith have played very poorly if town, Dany mediocrely and you fairly well. That and the majority of signs point toward BTD6/Vedith but a few things don't seem right about it (not least that both BTD6 and Vedith are major lynchbait as town) and it's stressing me out a lot. Because I think more information will help (and I really want to see more interaction between BTD6 and Vedith and between Alchemist and Dany but the fact that each is mostly confirmed town to the other makes that hard), but I don't want this hanging over my head any more than it has to be. :(
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:34 pm

I still have very little of an idea as to how I became a universal townread. I know both scum were on my wagon at some point during Day 1. So they clearly wanted me lynched. They must have then capitalized on the momentum toward Raya/Sergtacos but Draynth started that wagon which doesn't help. Ugh this would have been so much easier if we'd just lynched BTD6 Day 2. Which doesn't look good for Vedith...

It also points to Dany/Alchemist town because those two were the reason I became confirmed (or mostly confirmed) town today. Yet neither of them gave a good reason for why they townread me and in a Dany vs. BTD6 they'd want me to be the hammer.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:26 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 810, Something_Smart wrote:Full disclosure I think that BTD6 and Vedith have played very poorly if town
Let me just hold this for end game.
I claim scum \o/
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:34 am

What's that supposed to mean?

Do you disagree?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:46 am

Post by Vedith »

Of course I disagree.
I read BTD correctly from joining in the game. I've done more pro town things than probably anyone in the game on that alone.
I claim scum \o/
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:04 am

Like hammering town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:06 am

And being utterly unable to explain that BTD6 read beyond "I like their scumhunting"?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:35 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 815, Something_Smart wrote:Like hammering town?
The other options was to also hammer town.
As I said, I've done more pro town things than anyone else here. :up:
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:37 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 816, Something_Smart wrote:And being utterly unable to explain that BTD6 read beyond "I like their scumhunting"?
I mean, you can be salty as much as you like, but the fact is, my meta read on him was spot on.
I understand that you don't like that though, because you know, Mafia players like to be in the spot light.
I claim scum \o/
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:01 am

Antagonize the person who can control whether you win, that's a great idea. :igmeou:
And for your information, the one who's trying too hard to be in the spotlight is you, because having a correct read means little if you can't convince others of it. And you won't even try. So if you're town you're being extremely anti-town just to feed your own ego.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:04 am

Post by Vedith »

At the end of the day, if you're antagonised by that and let it influence your vote, that's not my issue.
I'm not trying too hard to be in the spotlight, I am the spot light ;)
1 think you will learn if you are in future games with me, I'm always right.
I claim scum \o/
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:22 am

I mean, you are right in that BTD6 is certainly on your team.
But that doesn't help me in the slightest.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:02 am

And it is your issue because it means you'd lose when you could have won by trying to work with me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:08 am

In post 768, Something_Smart wrote:It's not too scummy to be scum, it's closer to too weird to be scum. Which is a thing.
In post 452, Something_Smart wrote:(Even if you are town, I think "too weird to be scum" is just something I wanted to be a thing and not actually a thing.)
Shit. :lol:
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:19 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 822, Something_Smart wrote:And it is your issue because it means you'd lose when you could have won by trying to work with me.
I've been more than helpful.
If you fuck up, that's on you, not me.
I claim scum \o/

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”