Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

How am I not giving this game my full attention? Did I not post a fucking novel bigger than all your posts combined at the end of yesterday? I'm curious, does anyone else think that I am not giving this game my full attention?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by cicero »

I would not accuse you of that. Gorgon's claim made me raise my eyebrows as well.

What makes you think Shea isnt paying attention, Gorgon?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Bah. Poor phrasing yet again. I'll try to explain better.

You're probably referring to your epic post about ZA, TSQ, which wasn't exactly at the end of yesterday, but whatever ...

I'm talking about what you seem to be doing now - complaining about DBG's play while putting in one-liners yourself. You haven't done much active scumhunting today, just got on board with lynching me. This is not OMGUS, and neither do I think that the statistical case against me isn't valid, but this is the feel that I have for your play today - less committal and more passive than yesterday.

Your being wrong about ZA yesterday notwithstanding, your play back then was pretty solid. It seems to be less solid today. I can buy that there may be a number of reasons for this, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't get called for it.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by cicero »

No one has done all that much "active scumhunting" today EXCEPT DGB.

I find this game, all in all, doesnt have much of that really. I feel like we're kinda waiting for our powers to do the work for us.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

NO, I was referring to the one where I listed every single player in the game and what I felt about them. it's post 85 in view all. are you reading this game at all?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:12 am

Post by Gorgon »

Thestatusquo wrote:NO, I was referring to the one where I listed every single player in the game and what I felt about them. it's post 85 in view all. are you reading this game at all?
That's the one I meant. But you did make me look dumb by correcting what I said about the content of that post. I didn't reread all of it; not even close. I just noted it started off talking about ZA. However, I note that this post is on page 18, while the day ended on page 26 ...

You know what? This is a stupid line of thought. I admit it. It was just a quick thought that popped up in my head.

It's quite true that DGB is pretty much the only one that's all that active today.

I'll find another line of inquiry.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:07 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

mathcam wrote:DGB: Either you're
not
convinced by the Gorgon argument, and I'd like to know why (more than just "underwhelmed"), or you
are
convinced by the Gorgon argument, and you're open to the same questions that you're asking Adele.
Let me begin by stating that I am a bit concerned with a day that so far, has a single lynch candidate, and a single suspect, beyond the one I brought up (Yvonne Seer). Strategically speaking, it's a terrible idea to have days like that, because how are we going to be able to go back, and look at voting patterns, and root out the scum, if there's nothing but a single wagon? The wagon is also going a little too smoothly for my taste.

If I understand correctly (I often don't), part of the case against Gorgon is role-related. Well, I don't get this, because earlier on, I was chided for doing exactly that, which is evaluating players on the basis of their roles. I was told, no, no, no, the alignments are assigned independently of the roles. Maybe you can explain why *I* can't do this, but other players can, and get away with it, and even base actual votes on it. What I am not getting?

The part of the case about there not being an SK kill, and CKD having jailed Gorgon, I sorta get. However, no one is working very hard trying to find alternative explanations, and worse still, not every night choice has been revealed yet.

It's a strange wagon.

Go ahead and try to convince me.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:18 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

cicero wrote:No one has done all that much "active scumhunting" today EXCEPT DGB.
I disagree
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:20 am

prod the fonz, please mod..thanks
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:39 am

@ CKD - might I ask for your comments on my post 806 above? Since you are rather convinced that Gorgon is a good lynch for today, can you read my post, and perhaps try to explain what I am missing (if you can figure it out!).

Thanks ahead.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:10 am

Post by shaft.ed »

DGB it's pretty simple, There was no Sylar (SK) kill last night. Gorgon was locked up by CKD which is the only way to stop a Sylar kill. Therefore 1) Gorgon was the target of Sylar and was protected by CKD 2) Gorgon is Sylar and CKD prevented him from killing last night 3) Sylar chose not to kill last night and Gorgon being locked up is irrelevant or actually a frame up. The reason that Gorgon's role is relevant to the scenario is not because it is inherently pro-scum or pro-town but it would be very useful to a SK. Since in this game the SK takes role powers from their victim's it is more likely than random that Gorgon would have been Sylar's target. Conversely, since Gorgon was jailed and there was no NK he is about five times more likely to be Sylar than anyone else in the game according to Mathcam's analysis.

And I admit I'm doing a poor job of participating in this game. I'll try to get up to snuff.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:16 am

Post by cicero »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
prod the fonz, please mod..thanks
Fonz is V/LA
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:40 am

my case against Gorgon has nothing to do with his role (why do I feel like I am saying that repeatedly in this game). Gorgon was on my top two scum list for yesterday (as was shafted). Today, I find there was no SK kill which only feeds my suspicion about gorgon being scum.

not sure what you are not getting about this.

who do you think is the sk, dgb?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:16 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:my case against Gorgon has nothing to do with his role (why do I feel like I am saying that repeatedly in this game). Gorgon was on my top two scum list for yesterday (as was shafted). Today, I find there was no SK kill which only feeds my suspicion about gorgon being scum.
When you get to be my age, you'll find it takes longer for notions to sink in. Sorry if I am forcing you to repeat.

YOUR case against Gorgon may not be role related, but aren't there other people that are adding role-related arguments? Like his role is most useful to a SK, for example? Didn't someone somewhere bring that up against Gorgon?
curiouskarmadog wrote:who do you think is the sk, dgb?
I ain't got a clue. The fact that you jailed Gorgon is evidence. Maybe part of my reluctance is that I have yet to examine Gorgon independently. Maybe I should do that.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:39 am

some people might be using that argument, but I think people are using it to defend Gorgon as well..if gorgon had a useful role that the SK might want, maybe the SK targetted him and of course he couldnt beause he was in jail.

I for one thought Gorgon was scum yesterday sans night kill or not. not as sure about shafted today...so my vote is on who I think is the scummiest given the information on hand.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:39 am

and how old are you anyway?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:44 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:and how old are you anyway?
It's in my profile... DOB...

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:57 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

DGB, The reason people are not trying to find alternative explanations is that there ARE no alternative explanations. Well...One, but it's not very likely. Either Gorgon is syler, or he was sylers target last night. Thats it. The only other possible explanation with this setup is that the SK chose not to kill, and that just makes no sense to me.

Secondly, analyzing voting patterns is a stupid way to find scum, at least the way you do it. I have never once seen it work. Although, I will agree that not having a starting point for tomorrow is troubling, I would say that yavoneseer provides that starting point, and even if she didn't, we'd have a whole day tomorrow to discuss it. I think it's time to get this day to night.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:39 am

Thestatusquo wrote:DGB, The reason people are not trying to find alternative explanations is that there ARE no alternative explanations. Well...One, but it's not very likely. Either Gorgon is syler, or he was sylers target last night. Thats it. The only other possible explanation with this setup is that the SK chose not to kill, and that just makes no sense to me.
I can't wrap my head around all that Syler business - maybe the fact I never watched the Heroes show has something to do with it, I dunno.

Mmmmm.

Well. Alright then. If there are no alternative explanations. I'll trust that you guys what you're talking about.

unvote, vote: Gorgon

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:41 am

OK, I checked the OP. Sylar is some sort of superdooper SK. Got it.

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

It actually has nothing to do with the character...It only has to do with the role. The only thing that can stop a SK kill in this setup is the jailing. Thats in the mechanics of this game. Therefore, since there was no SK kill last night leaves two possibilities, either Gorgon is the SK, and was prevented by being jailed last night, or he is not, and the SK tried to kill him last night. This gives him a 50-50% chance of being the SK.

The only other possibility is the SK no killing. And I don't see a reason they would do that.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:51 am

Thestatusquo wrote:It actually has nothing to do with the character...It only has to do with the role. The only thing that can stop a SK kill in this setup is the jailing.
Ahhhhh...
Thestatusquo wrote:Thats in the mechanics of this game. Therefore, since there was no SK kill last night leaves two possibilities, either Gorgon is the SK, and was prevented by being jailed last night, or he is not, and the SK tried to kill him last night. This gives him a 50-50% chance of being the SK.
Ahhhhh...

I totally get it now.

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I just successfully explained something to DGB? Has that ever been done before?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:07 am

Post by mathcam »

I'm not sure what else we have to say. I think there's a pretty good primary reason for lynching Gorgon, and there seem to be a couple of other additional reasons that other people are using. We can either end this day now by lynching Gorgon, come up with a better candidate (seems unlikely), or spend some time discussing what we're going to do tonight or in the future. As the risk of looking like I'm trying to speed through the day, I'd advocate the former of these options.

Aside from not getting around to it yet (or being Gorgon), anyone care to explain why they're not voting Gorgon?

Cam
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:15 am

Post by shaft.ed »

mathcam wrote: trying to speed through the day
^This basically^.

I haven't had the chance to get any analysis in and a few people that normally are more active haven't been. I'd prefer a little more discusion even if we do lynch Gorgon becuase I think we need more info in case he comes up as Sylar's target.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”