Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:47 am

Post by Zindaras »

pablito wrote:Hmm, quite a quick response from a guy like you.
A guy like me? What's that supposed to mean?
Zindaras wrote:
pablito wrote:I'm unsure what to think of Pooky because we haven't gotten much off of him lately, but I don't think he's the right play for today either.
Is not getting a lot off him a reason to believe he's town? I'd rather put it as a reason to believe he's scum, as he doesn't seem to be interested in catching scum at all.
WTF? So not thinking Pooky is the "right play" is suddenly crying out that I think he's town? Things are not mutually exclusive. To make it clearer, Pooky is in my "not enough evidence
as of late
to be sure of his alignment" pile. Yos is in there too.

But right now, the above quote by Zindaras makes me wonder why he so suddenly jumped on my post and what's going on there. But using bad logic like that makes me feel he's more passioned townie than using intentional craplogic.
You're defending Pooky as not being the right play. Let me rephrase that, though:

Is not getting a lot off him a reason to believe he shouldn't be executed? I'd rather put it as a reason to believe he should be, as he doesn't seem to be interested in catching scum at all.
Zindaras wrote:
I've totally forgotten why I was suspecting Yos, but some of the recent arguments on him seem to be slightly convincing me. But nonetheless, I don't see a damning case against him.
Then do a reread on him.
When I care to do so. If you absolutely think I need to, then get Glork to request that I do yet ANOTHER re-read on him aside from the one that's been mostly ignored. Or better yet, Zind, you can also look back at my long post on Yos, Mert, spectrum, CDB, Riki and someone else I can't remember and realize that I was wavering on my stance on Yos back then and I'm only confirming that I still can't find damning evidence on Yos and thus my unvote and uncertain stance on him are justified.
You reply to 4 of his posts. That's hardly encompassing everything. You ignore, for example, the post in which he FoSes you. I think you could take more of a stance on him.

I want to see a stance on Yos from you, pablito. I don't care if you're unsure. I want to know it.

I also very much dislike how you're seemingly trying to stay on the fact that MBL and Glork are both town (something that could also be said for Nightson, by the way).
Glork wrote:Add-on to the previous post: Seriously, Yos. I'm glad that some players like Luckay and Zindaras are willing to replace into the game and can bring something to the table right away. Lurking in games sickens me, even more so in mountainous games. I don't remember if you were in Lights Out or not, but strategic lurking almost won the game for the scum. I want
other people
to start talking because I don't want anybody slinking their way around until mid- to late-game situations.
You're welcome. <3

Oh, and quoted for undeniable truthery.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:57 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Ugh. Glork, if you execute me this hastily, I'm going to hit you over the head with a frying pan.

Can everyone please pipe up with how you will view Glork if he executes each one of the people on his list? If you DON'T do this, I request that everyone view you as scum tomorrow for avoiding weighing in.

I am town. I'm attacking the King vigorously, which is clearly the easiest way to get executed in this game. I know that if I get executed and am scum, all my king attacks will have been in vain, or rather will have the opposite effect of reinforcing the King's status. This is not a gambit, hoping I'll luck out and be left alive and my scumteam can continue to chip away at pro-town Glork's credibility. I'm town attacking Glork and others because I find them scummy. Read my posts for sincerity and decide for yourself, and let the King know how you feel. I think I have brought up good point after good point that can be used now and in the future to find scum.

Glork, I find it beyond ironic that after the last vote count, in which I had zero votes on me, the next post was you saying "doh, I forgot to vote MBL."
You are pushing a case that your town doesn't agree with.
Zindaras voted me just now to join you in your folly, and I think his reasoning was far less than thorough. Pablito, Nightson, sv, Luckay explicitly said they find me townish. The rest of the town doesn't find me scummy enough to vote for.
You're going to get crucified tomorrow if you lynch me today unless you drum up some more support, so I suggest you start working on that now.

Yos, a lot has happened that you haven't commented on. You're pretty defensive, and haven't done a very good job of pointing out scum, in my opinion. To some extent that's your general playstyle, to stick to narrower lines or question and response, but I think at this point it's essential that you start doling out some meatier, broader analysis on all the players of this game. If you get executed today, and turn up town, I will have very little idea how you felt about the majority of the town. I've never seen you as scum, and maybe this "less insightful, somewhat aloof" Yos is what scum Yos looks like.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:57 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

And I chuckle as I call it "your town".
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:01 am

Post by Glork »

I never said that you would be my execution target today. <.<
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:04 am

Post by Zindaras »

Glork's list:
MBL
Mert
Yos
Pooky
Pablito?
CTD?
StCh?

To be honest, the only one that will make me think Glork's scummy is StallingChamp, for I don't find him scummy at all.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:09 am

Post by Zindaras »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Zindaras voted me just now to join you in your folly, and I think his reasoning was far less than thorough.
How is my reasoning far less than thorough? You can just say that it is, but you don't explain that at all.
You're going to get crucified tomorrow if you lynch me today unless you drum up some more support, so I suggest you start working on that now.
I don't like how you're trying to scare Glork out of executing you here. I don't think you should be executed today (I find Yos even scummier), but I don't like this.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:09 am

Post by Glork »

MBL wrote:I've never seen you as scum, and maybe this "less insightful, somewhat aloof" Yos is what scum Yos looks like.
Come to think of it, I'm not sure that I've ever seen Yos as scum either. My meta-stance on him is based on what I see as derivations to usual YosTown play.

Yos, could you link us to some games in which you were scum? I'd prefer non-Newbie games, but I'll take whatever I can get.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:11 am

Post by Nightson »

unvote: all

I'm losing track of my votes. Personally I'd favor a pablito lynch.

The only one execution I'd have a problem with is Yos, I haven't gotten any scum vibes off him at all.
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:17 am

Post by Nightson »

Glork, I find it beyond ironic that after the last vote count, in which I had zero votes on me, the next post was you saying "doh, I forgot to vote MBL."
You are pushing a case that your town doesn't agree with.
Zindaras voted me just now to join you in your folly, and I think his reasoning was far less than thorough. Pablito, Nightson, sv, Luckay explicitly said they find me townish. The rest of the town doesn't find me scummy enough to vote for.
*blinks* How did I miss this?

Very scummy, very scummy indeed. And the logical fallacies abound, and saying that Glork shouldn't execute someone he thinks is scum (assuming he was executing you), simply because the rest of the town wouldn't like it is stupid. If you're town you go after those you think are scum, you don't worry that the town won't like you for it and therefore don't hunt scum on your own.

vote: pablito, MBL
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:24 am

Post by LuckayLuck »

Glork, so you're executing someone today, eh? Okay.
You said that you wouldn't announce who it was until you did it, but you've already sort of "execution tell'd" away two of the people. Which means that I can say the following thing: I'll think that you made a good choice if you don't execute pablito.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:25 am

Post by Zindaras »

I do think that everyone should reply to what MBL asked. It is useful.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:30 am

Post by Glork »

Also, MBL, though I didn't have a vote on you at the time, I did have an FoS on you. I had bumped it down because you'd said something (I forget what now) that actually made me downgrade you to an FoS. After the VC, I moved you back up to a vote.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:11 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

God, is Glork's execution list terrible. "Hey, Ima choose between four good scumhunters, help me pick one while we ignore the lurkers and less experienced scum."

I just reread Pooky. He hasn't expressed many opinions on various players. He has made some valid points, like the "KM as executioner" point and pointing out the folly of Glork drawing attention to himself if he's town. Pooky's thin on suspicions in all games lately, I think it's a survival tactic due to past NK issues, and it's tough to tell whether he's scum or town now. I think the king should demand more info from Pooky. I'd also like Glork to reiterate his reasons for wanting to execute each person on his list. The list posts by player functionality is crippled and makes searching for this ourselves very difficult right now.

Yos has been primarily defensive, and suspects Twomz and Phoebus, two people who haven't said much. For bad votes with no stated reasons on bad wagons. He finds PJ pablito bird cbox townish. He's gone from finding Glork explicitly pro-town to finding him suspect over the past three weeks. Meh play by Yos overall.

Pablito, I've commented on recently. I think I may have found a slip in his post about PJ's execution list, but that requires that bird and pabs are scum together. I think he gave PJ cover or encouraged PJ to execute Rosso. Thing is, he's posted an absolute shitload of content, and if he's protown he's very helpful town to have around. If he's scum, he'll probably hang himself and his friends. Unless he's a master of achieving randomness of suspicion and comment, which I don't kn9ow cause I haven't played with him much.

Why are none of the useless people on the execution list? This is a Mountainous game ffs. My scumteam won Himalayan with the following strategy:

* lie low
* express balanced suspicions of safe targets
* keep lurkers and noncontributors around to endgame to cast suspicion on later

Please add CTD to the people who find my actions reasonable this game. Also,
vote: CTD
. I've read him in games where he was fabulously insightful. Where's the curiosity, CTD? Your defense of me, while accurate, is easily something scum could do safely, knowing that when I come up pro-town someday, having defended my arguments will be a +1 in your book. I'd really like to see a complete list of CTD suspicions beyond the lurker list of votes you posted three weeks ago.

Glork said:
Glork wrote:I'm going to read over CTD's posts soon to see how I feel about him. Hey Fritz, who are CTD's scumbuddies?
But CTD's not on the list of execution, only on a Glork list of possible scum. Fascinating.

Twomz's posts today:
Twomz wrote:Lol, in all my games the major posts attacking or defending <____> are gone.... wtf?
Twomz wrote:still here
Glork voted Twomz but did not add him to his execution list despite Twomz posting absolutely nothing for three weeks. Curious.

Mert has been useless for a month and a half. I don't see his posts before that as terribly scummy, but his suspicions have been thin and reiterated: Phoebus, bird, pablito. Surely Mert's got more insight than that, and I will say that in Himalayan I found it easiest to repeat the same suspicions over and over--it reinforced them and at the same time made me look active when I wasn't actually adding any new suspicions to the game or offending anyone new who might then take a closer look at me. Full list of suspicions please, Mert.
vote: Mert

Rikimaru: four posts, one about nothing, three about pablito. And Rikimaru hasn't made Glork's radar. Brilliant Kingship, your majesty.
vote: Rikimaru

cardboardbox posted substance once today, three weeks ago, to attack three lurkers. Nothing since. No attention from the King on cbox for this slackness that I've noted.
Nightson wrote:saying that Glork shouldn't execute someone he thinks is scum (assuming he was executing you), simply because the rest of the town wouldn't like it is stupid
This is nonsense, Nightson. If you're a king, you decide who you want to execute, then you run it by your town. If they don't agree with you, you listen to them, seeing as how the majority of them are good guys. If you go ahead and execute your target anyway:

1) You'll probably nail a townie
2) You'll probably get annihilated tomorrow for going against the wishes of your town.

I am not making this observation selectively towards Glork. PJ also did not make a good case against Rosso, did NOT get the town's support for the lynch, and today PJ is viewed as suspect by many for it. It's a DUH thing: get your town's support for your lynch, and if you can't make them buy your case, maybe just maybe you're wrong about it.

Guys, we aren't going to get investigation results on cbox or StallingChamp or Rikimaru. It's going to come down to day eight and four of these slack bastards are going to be around along with three scum. And unless we put them on the hotseat
NOW
and get them talking, it'll be a coinflip as to which are scum and which are town. Good luck with that.

Rather than further insult Glork's kingship, I'll say how I'd have handled today. I wouldn't make a stupid list of execution until I'd dragged the lurkers out of hiding, put them on the spot and gotten them on the record. Or demanded replacements. Only then would I feel comfortable narrowing the focus to a couple of players. Glork is effectively giving the megalurkers cover with his LOE. Today is now officially about {Pooky, Yos, Pablito, MBL} and the bottom feeders can keep hiding out. They're off the hook. And Glork's sealed the deal by saying he knows he's going to execute, removing all incentive for scum to comment at this point.

Ugh, terrible.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:23 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Zindaras wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:Zindaras voted me just now to join you in your folly, and I think his reasoning was far less than thorough.
How is my reasoning far less than thorough? You can just say that it is, but you don't explain that at all.
I don't like how you're trying to scare Glork out of executing you here. I don't think you should be executed today (I find Yos even scummier), but I don't like this.
2) I'm not trying to scare Glork out of executing me. Read more carefully. I'm trying to get Glork to drum up town support for his case against me. If he can't, that says something. Anyone who thinks I'm trying to intimidate Glork out of executing me is wrong. I'm asking him to lay out his case to see if it holds water, because that's how the game is played. Nightson just voted me for the same reason you don't like my comment here: you both misread it.

1) Here's your case against me:
Zind wrote:I don't like how he's(MBL's) playing. At all. He attacked pablito, timmy, SC, cbox and Glork early on, then said pablito, Phoebus and MoS were being awkward, then made a list of execution containing Rosso, Twomz and CTD. Day 2 he voted Fritz and timmy.
Zind, you don't explain what's wrong about any of this
at all
. "No reasoning".
Zind wrote:He's posted strange stuff all game. He stated pablito was suspicious for changing a vote to a FoS. He tried to link Mert to Glork. He brought up the nutty nuts-theory. He tried to link PJ, pablito and Glork. He stated that PJ/Pooky/Glork should've died, not Thok.
Again, you don't explain why ANY of this is strange. It's not self-evident, trust me.
Why
do you find the nut-kicking theory strange, for example? Why do you find any of the above listed things strange? Many people have found many of those observations of mine quite reasonable, so make your case.
I also noticed a lack of interaction between him(MBL) and Yos, which could be construed as distancing. I definitely think he's scum right now.
Aha. A specific. The only explanatory detail in your entire case against me. I am correct when I say that your case against me is not explicitly well reasoned. Which puts you in the excellent company of his Majesty.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:36 am

Post by Glork »

MBL, you are an idiot. A bona fide moron. Have you not read the past several posts in which I've explicitly said multiple times that I posed questions to people to get them to talk? Have you not seen me talk about my discontent as players keep making excuses and delays?

I'm about 85% on who I'm going to execute right now. But that does *NOT* mean that discussion will die in the least. I absolutely plan on holding this game up until:
A) The people to whom I posed questions start answering those questions and participating in the discussion;
B) Lurkers/Inactives are replaced as we see fit; or
C) The game is forced to a deadline and I *MUST* make an execution.

I have gotten promises from Mert, Der Hammer, and Nightson that they will have re-reads and analyses completed in the near future. If they continue to not-post, I will continue to ask that they be prodded, and eventually replaced. If they continue to post non-content, I will give serious consideration executing one of them. I think that my policy is perfectly fair/reasonable. On one hand I get people grumbling about how I don't talk enough. On the other hand, I get people telling me to go after lurkers. I'm trying to get the lurkers to post. I'm trying to force them to make reads and participate in the game.

Nevertheless, MBL, allow me to make one thing abundantly claer.
I am not a proponent of a "Lynch lurkers" in the early stages of any game.
I think that it is completely and utterly foolish to take crapshots at lurkers while the actives and scumhunters are killed off overnight. Lurking does itself in sooner or later. Believe me, MBL, if there's anybody who knows how to out a few tactical lurkers, I think that such a person would be me. I stared down an endgame in the face during Lights Out and pored over the non-content to pick two lurkerscums out of group of otherwise reasonably active players. Yes, dealing with lurkers later in the game can be difficult. I have faith in the town's ability, though, to handle such a situation. I will not sit here throwing darts at lurkers while the more active players just get nightkilled anyway. On the off-chance that we hit a single lurkerscum in 3 executions, that means we're offing 1 Scumbag, 2 Lurkers, and 3 Players (who, I would wager, are probably reasonably active and/or talented). Explain to me how you think that is, in any way, a good idea. (And I don't want to see you say, "lynching a lurker will force the other lurkers to participate." Lurkers will be lurkers. And as people get more behind on the game, they will be less inclined to want to catch up. Experience has taught me that sad fact time and time again, so while the idealist in you might want to "set an example" by executing a lurker, I can just about guarantee that it won't be the case.)

Can we get a
Modprod
(or possibly a replacement) on UberTimmy? He made one post Nov 4 in response to a recent modprod but has not posted since then. I have serious doubts that he's actually reading/participating in any games right now.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:44 am

Post by Glork »

Can we also get a
Modprod
on Cardboardbox? Last post, Oct 30.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:50 am

Post by Thok »

Prods have been sent to ubertimmy and cardboardbox. I will also consider hunting for a replacement for Dead Rikamaru, who has yet to pick up his prod. With BMQ returning Monday, I may leave all replacement issues up to him.

Mod Edit: Rikamaru's prod has only been out for about 10 hours, so I'll definately wait for BMQ to return and let him deal with any replacement issues.
Last edited by Thok on Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:52 am

Post by Glork »

Actually, MBL, there's one more thing that bothers me. For your ranting about how I haven't handled lurkers well enough, you've done nothing yourself to promote activity in this game. You have not asked for a single modprod or replacement request. You have not asked a direct question to a lurker. Only just now, as you tried once again to rip into me, did you even make a focused attack/case against a specific lurker. Explain the hypocrisy behind your allegations that
I'm
not doing enough, when I've asked for prods on a semi-regular basis, and asked specific questions of Mert and Der Hammer to get them to read and post. Explain how you can justify your attack when you yourself have made
EXACTLY ZERO
requests for modprods or replacements.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:02 pm

Post by Glork »

Dear MrScumBuddyLee,

If you think I'm not doing enough to express my discontent with the lurking in this game, I suggest that you look more closely.

XOXO,
GlorKing
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:24 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Right Glork, I'm the moron. You're just the guy who gave Phoebus, Rikimaru, Mert and Nightson homework and then made a list of execution
WITH NONE OF THEM ON IT
even though
they all ignored your homework for three weeks.

You didn't give homework to or prod Twomz, you didn't prod box, you're not under deadline. But you've got an execution target. Yay for you, let's get today over with quick before one of your lurky scumpartners checks in and says something stupid so you have to kill them.

And I'm pretty sure I've asked for more info from lurkers in this game. You may have too from time to time, but your actions speak otherwise with an LOE out and an execution decision before the lurker issues are even resolved.

It's tough to be thorough right now with "list all" broken (it's the scumhunter's best tool imo) but I'm trying my best to be accurate. And you're trying your best to hurry this day to completion. You have NO idea how scummy you look right now, do you Glork? If you're town, you'd best actually read our posts to see why town finds you scummy, and take it to heart. You're stifling the game by narrowing discussion to your list, whether that's your stated intention or not.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:37 pm

Post by Glork »

MrBuddyLee wrote:You didn't give homework to or prod Twomz, you didn't prod box, you're not under deadline. But you've got an execution target. Yay for you, let's get today over with quick before one of your lurky scumpartners checks in and says something stupid so you have to kill them.

And I'm pretty sure I've asked for more info from lurkers in this game. You may have too from time to time, but your actions speak otherwise with an LOE out and an execution decision before the lurker issues are even resolved.

It's tough to be thorough right now with "list all" broken (it's the scumhunter's best tool imo) but I'm trying my best to be accurate. And you're trying your best to hurry this day to completion. You have NO idea how scummy you look right now, do you Glork? If you're town, you'd best actually read our posts to see why town finds you scummy, and take it to heart. You're stifling the game by narrowing discussion to your list, whether that's your stated intention or not.
[/quote]Well MY FUCKING GOD! I'm not perfect or completely 100% thorough. Getting Pariah and AmeliaSlay prodded/replaced, getting prods on Rikimaru, Zindaras, checking in on Mert and Nightson, asking about Der Hammer... that's not good enough for
me
, yet "I'm pretty sure I've asked for more info from lurkers in this game" is good enough for you? Bullshit. Bullshit bullshit absofuckinglutely not.

I maintain that your insinuation that I'm rushing anything is beyond ridiculous. I said I know who my execution target is. But I also said that I had no plans on making the execution anytime soon, since I wanted to see all open discussion topics come to an end.
THAT INCLUDES THE PENDING ANSWERS FROM THOSE WHO HAVE NOT RESPONDED TO MY HOMEWORK.
I don't think I'm going any faster or slower than my two stints as King in Kingmaker the First, and I don't see how you can accuse me of rushing
anything
when I've explicitly stated that I want the discussion to continue for a while before I actually take any action. Seriously. Explain the entirety of this post, rather than going "oshit, Glork has come to a decision. He's 'rushing' things." I fucking dare you. Because I don't think you can legitimately back up the kind of assertion you're making.

Also, try http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... userposts=#### to look at a specific player's posts (where #### is the player's user number). Goodness knows I've used that extensively in the past couple of days.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:49 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Please add CTD to the people who find my actions reasonable this game. Also, vote: CTD. I've read him in games where he was fabulously insightful. Where's the curiosity, CTD? Your defense of me, while accurate, is easily something scum could do safely, knowing that when I come up pro-town someday, having defended my arguments will be a +1 in your book. I'd really like to see a complete list of CTD suspicions beyond the lurker list of votes you posted three weeks ago.
The only person I voted because of lurking was ubertimmy. I did it because I hoped to get him to talk, but such endeavors have been proven to be fruitless without the kings support.

I voted Twomz and StallingChamp because they have both posted scummy stuff, most of which was unfortunately lost in the crash. Since then, they have both fallen off the face of the earth, which makes me think that my votes are in the right place. I am particularly confused by Glorks lack of interest in Twomz: He (Glork) was the first to point out a
blatant
logical fallacy that Twomz flung in my face, but either doesn't remember or doesn't care about it anymore, now that it has been wiped from the record books.

As for PJ, I'll quote Zindaras here as well:
Zindaras wrote:CrashTextDummie: Now it gets interesting. CTD started off with a good feeling towards cbox and a scummy feeling towards bird. Fritz went guano against him, after which Twomz vote him as well to satiate Fritz. He got town vibes from PJ, cbox and Glork and was suspicious of bird and ubertimmy. MBL had him on an execution list with Rosso and Twomz. Pablito was suspicious of him. Day 2 he voted PJ, SC, Twomz and timmy, which gave me a very scummy vibe (Post 557), especially since he had stated to have been getting town vibes from PJ earlier. Pablito later voted and unvoted him. He also agreed with MBL's theory linking PJ and pablito together.

I think he's quite scummy. Post 557 contained some votes that struck me as very scummy, and he has a minor link with MBL.
This is a mountainous game, with the added bonus of having no real voting patterns to go off of. The number one source of information are executions and nightkills, and yes, I allow myself the luxury of changing my opinion based on them, thank you very much.

I had very little trouble with PJ during most of D1, hence why I said I'm getting townievibes from him. But the way the execution went down still leaves me hugely dissatisfied. I'm not even holding against him that he offed a townie, as the odds were very much against a townie-king. It's the way he brought Rosso to the execution block at the very last minute without giving him a chance to defend himself
at all
that rubs me the wrong way. Is it possible that PJ was so short on time that he couldn't do better even if he wanted to and he thought that he was doing the right thing? Of course. Would this be an optimal excuse for a scum king to kill an innocent? Very much so.

The king is the only person in this game that can be judged by his actions, as opposed to his words. I personally felt like PJ's reign was ultimately more in line with that of a scum king, and I voted him for that. His defence (now lost in the crash), which basically amounted to "I didn't have time, think of that whatever you want" (feel free to correct me if you feel misrepresented, PJ) wasn't exactly inspiring either.

If you think I am "quite scummy" because some of my votes "struck you as very scummy", I want to know which of these 4 votes you are objecting against and why.

I have to say, Zindaras, I find it astounding how much we disagree on almost every point.
MrBuddyLee wrote:Can everyone please pipe up with how you will view Glork if he executes each one of the people on his list? If you DON'T do this, I request that everyone view you as scum tomorrow for avoiding weighing in.
At this point, I see no reason to execute Yos or MBL. I haven't figured out Pooky and Pablito yet (Pablito in particular is still eluding me) and I don't see why we shouldn't keep them around for them to prove their worth (or lack thereof). I need to reread Mert before I can comment on him. StallingChamp is the only one that belongs on this list, IMO.
Nightson wrote:The only one execution I'd have a problem with is Yos, I haven't gotten any scum vibes off him at all.
So the 6 other persons on the list are either scum or otherwise not worth keeping around in your book? That's not the kind of attitude I'd expect from a pro-town player.

I would also like to point out that unlike some other people, I am not impressed with LuckayLuck at all. He came in declaring a lot of people from "slightly townie" to "strongly townie", some of which I found hard to follow (his stance on Nightson, for example). Now I know that there are differences in playstyles, but I can't help but raise an eyebrow when a player relatively new to the site comes into a mountainous game on page 28 and is willing to "strongly defend" 1/4th of all the players and is getting townie vibes from another half a dozen players.

There is a real possibility in my mind that he is scum who decided to pick out a select few people to attack while leaving the bulk of the players alone as to not get on anyones bad side when he replaced. While we're at it, though, care to comment on Twomz and Zindaras, Luckay? You seem to have missed them the first time around.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:56 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Glork wrote:Actually, MBL, there's one more thing that bothers me. For your ranting about how I haven't handled lurkers well enough, you've done nothing yourself to promote activity in this game. You have not asked for a single modprod or replacement request. You have not asked a direct question to a lurker. Only just now, as you tried once again to rip into me, did you even make a focused attack/case against a specific lurker. Explain the hypocrisy behind your allegations that
I'm
not doing enough, when I've asked for prods on a semi-regular basis, and asked specific questions of Mert and Der Hammer to get them to read and post. Explain how you can justify your attack when you yourself have made
EXACTLY ZERO
requests for modprods or replacements.
This paragraph is propagandist bullshit.

1) I've commented on lurkers in 477, 745, 749. I don't lynch in this game. The king does. The king therefore is the only one with the muscle behind threats against lurkers. Nightson's even said you shouldn't give a shit what your town thinks. You're the lyncher. You make the threats.

2) You saying I've done nothing to promote activity in this game is an utter load of horseshit. I expect a few people will take you to task on this one. I've probably addressed more players directly than anyone else. I've probably promoted more theories and connections for people to comment on. What are you talking about?

3) You're the king. It's not hypocritical for me to expect you to do a better job of prodding and asking for lurker replacements than me. That's absurd. I think you're trying to APPEAR like you give a shit about lurkers, but the fact that you made a LOE when you did speaks otherwise. By the way, those homework questions that you're so proud of didn't jump out at me as particularly insightful.

4) I don't have to ask for prods or replacements to be doing my job. And I certainly don't have to ask for them in order to find you slack for the way you're approaching the lurkers in relationship to this game.

I will seriously do a jig if you turn up scum. You're trying harder to look good than you are trying to play well.

*** Oh, also. Fritzler's been pushing CTD all game. You haven't asked him for more. This implies you're thoroughly satisfied with that contribution and are pretty sure CTD is scum. Is that accurate, and if so, why isn't CTD on your list of execution? If he DOESN'T belong on your LOE, then why haven't you pressed Fritz for an opinion on the four people on your LOE? ***
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:57 pm

Post by Glork »

CrashTextDummie wrote:I voted Twomz and StallingChamp because they have both posted scummy stuff, most of which was unfortunately lost in the crash. Since then, they have both fallen off the face of the earth, which makes me think that my votes are in the right place. I am particularly confused by Glorks lack of interest in Twomz: He (Glork) was the first to point out a
blatant
logical fallacy that Twomz flung in my face, but either doesn't remember or doesn't care about it anymore, now that it has been wiped from the record books.
I really don't remember what that logical fallacy was. Other than general stances/attitudes, I don't remember much of anything that happened during the crash. What did Twomz do?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:59 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Glork wrote:I maintain that your insinuation that I'm rushing anything is beyond ridiculous. I said I know who my execution target is. But I also said that I had no plans on making the execution anytime soon, since I wanted to see all open discussion topics come to an end. THAT INCLUDES THE PENDING ANSWERS FROM THOSE WHO HAVE NOT RESPONDED TO MY HOMEWORK.
Hay kids, your homework will still be due on the last day of school. It won't count towards your final grades, cause I already calculated them, but turn it in anyway, K? Huggles.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”