Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:38 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 771, Square World wrote:page 23 question
who uses fos?
I use FoS when I want to state a firm suspicion on someone who is not the person I want dead next.(Because I vote who I want dead next)
Square World
Square World
Goon
Square World
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:38 am

Post by Square World »

page 28 question
k, gerryoat is more towny here, but who orders towniest to scummiest?
Square World
Square World
Goon
Square World
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:39 am

Post by Square World »

page 29
yeah, who's scum?
Square World
Square World
Goon
Square World
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:40 am

Post by Square World »

page 30 question
gerryoat, you're probtown, though why give huntress a free pass?
Square World
Square World
Goon
Square World
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:40 am

Post by Square World »

page 31
this?
In post 750, Huntress wrote:My read on eager is mainly a gut read but I'll try to pin it down a bit.

Eager's posting felt off from his very first post. Most people who want to do something other than rvs to start discussion just do it. Eager made a point of drawing the players attention to what he was doing. He was too quick to call Gamma town in , especially in view of his statement that he starts with the assumption that everyone is guilty until proved innocent. I didn't like the second part of . If he thought Victor might be town with an ulterior motive then he should have waited to see what came of it rather than point it out. Either way it would have been better to wait for Victor's explanation first. His vote on Square in was for an extremely flimsy reason. It was also for something that Manuel did, not Square. He's throwing the words "doubtcasting" and "WIFOM" around far too much and adding distracting stuff like .

Vote: eagerSnake
Square World
Square World
Goon
Square World
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:41 am

Post by Square World »

i'd say scum is in huntress, the_jester and victor, though maybe i accidentally excluded one scum from this list
Square World
Square World
Goon
Square World
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:42 am

Post by Square World »

what do you think there?
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:18 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 604, eagerSnake wrote:
In post 601, House wrote:Why wouldn't it be scum casting shade on town?
I suppose it could be, but I feel like he wouldn't have
chainsaw-defended
him and would have more than just a 'null' read on the slot if that was the case.
In post 602, Manuel87 wrote:Also why would i throw suspicion on him if he was my scumbuddy?
And this is a classic
WIFOM
defense.
In post 608, eagerSnake wrote:
In post 606, Manuel87 wrote:And this is a classic "i dont know an answer"
There are plenty of reasons for why scum would throw suspicion on their buddy, and it's almost impossible to know which reason it is. I think you know that already. So why even ask that question? And then why
doubtcast
me just because I didn't drink your wine?
In post 610, eagerSnake wrote:You
doubtcasted
me by saying I "don't know an answer" to why you would cast shade on your partner, even though that question is apparently
WIFOM
, as I stated.

You've left yourself open to voting them later for town-credit, while at the same time
chainsaw-defending
him, and also
fence-sitting
the slot.
In post 609, Manuel87 wrote:Why would i throw shade on my buddy in that situation?
So you could say exactly this?
In post 611, eagerSnake wrote:And yes, it could also be buddying. If you're scum and square's town, then it makes sense for you to keep yourself open to lynching him later (via
shade-cast and fence-sitting
), while at the same time
chainsaw-defending
him (buddying).
I used 4 "buzzwords" here, but they all explained perfectly what Manuel was doing.

He absolutely was
using a WIFOM defense.
"Also why would i throw suspicion on him if he was my scumbuddy?" "no if i wanted to distance myself from him i would voted him" "Why would i throw shade on my buddy in that situation?"

He absolutely was
shadecasting Square.
"As i said i dont like his playstyle mainly because its easy to play the same way as scum."

He absolutely was
doubtcasting me.
"And this is a classic "i dont know an answer"" (because I didn't answer the WIFOM question)

He absolutely was
fence-sitting Square.
"Null: Square: As i said i dont like his playstyle mainly because its easy to play the same way as scum. His argument against Eager was good but as i said before it was awkward that he only referred to the Rhazh analysis." "I dont like his playstyle but i dont think thats a reason to lynch someone."

Now if you can argue that he wasn't doing those things, I'd like to hear it.

But you can't. Instead, you're trying to throw out evidence simply because it involves commonly used mafia terms. Terms that have been proven to describe mafia behaviors. What's worse, you're trying to take the fact I was calling out his behaviors, and turn it against me, with only the reason of "buzzwording," rather than actually looking at his behavior and deciding if he's guilty of what he's accused of, which he is.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:31 am

Post by eagerSnake »

How is Manuel town? I don't see it.

He's coasting. His "readslist" is literally a copy+paste of stuff he said already in his older posts into a new post. I don't see the dynamic character I would expect from a townie. I don't see the town motivation in his posts. His character is flat, and that is indicative of scum. He's active lurking. Only popping in to post as soon as he's mentioned, otherwise absent. His defenses are completely indicative of scum defense.

One of the differences between the town POV and the scum POV is that townies are searching, while scum are hiding. That means that townies tend to dig for info, look at various players, and give opinions. Scum tend to avoid digging or giving opinions, for fear that it will draw attention. Which of these two fits Manuel?
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:37 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 781, Square World wrote:what do you think there?
I think your recent posts seem to be more of a pro-town attempt to move the game forward, rather than a scum attempting to avoid their lynch - you gave opinions, looked for scummy people, read the entire game, your read-progression seems genuine, and makes sense. You didn't crack or get frustrated from the pressure. You didn't get so caught up in your own defense that you stopped looking at other people. You actually managed to alleviate my suspicions, and you do seem to be trying to find the scum.

VOTE: Manuel87
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I agree mostly with Eager on Square, but I don't like his flooding of the game.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:00 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 785, Gamma Emerald wrote:I agree mostly with Eager on Square, but I don't like his flooding of the game.
I wish he would've put it all into one post, and obviously explained more, but my theory is that he was probably phone-posting using the quick-reply feature at the bottom of each page as he read through them.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:14 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Why does House jump on your case for assuming things, but he doesn't seem to care that Square also assumes things. Square assumes that everyone knows exactly what he means, without an explanation, and that everything he says is "auto-explainable." Shouldn't House be calling him out for this, like he did to you? Or did he only attack you for it because it was convenient for him? How did it feel from your POV?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Can you quote where Square did this?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:24 am

Post by eagerSnake »

281 is where he says it's auto-explainable if he quotes something.

Spoiler: Square not explaining things, because to him it's all auto-explainable
In post 119, Square World wrote:VOTE: Manuel87

try to guess why
In post 236, Square World wrote:
In post 187, gerryoat wrote:@Gren

I fos RhazhBash , hence the vote. I think you have had townie lines like i've explained. I don't see the rush in making reads when we aren't even 10 pages in yet. But, I'd be confident lynching RhazhBash the most right now
lol

VOTE: gerryoat
In post 237, Square World wrote:
In post 145, Grendel wrote:
In post 121, CCC wrote:
In my previous post, I suggested that VictorDeAngelo and Gamma Emerald were pinging as very slightly scum. To that list I will now add GreenNope and Square World; the first for being completely absent, and the second for providing extremely short posts with no reasons for his votes. From these four, I will elect to park my vote (for the moment) on:

VOTE: Square World
How much scummier is Box World compared to Pokémon Remake Emerald, and Old Man Victor?

Also, stop self-metaing at the drop of a hat.
town
In post 265, Square World wrote:
In post 254, Manuel87 wrote:@Square: Why do you think Gerry is scum?
maybe you have to learn to see the post i quoted
In post 281, Square World wrote:
In post 236, Square World wrote:
In post 187, gerryoat wrote:@Gren

I fos RhazhBash , hence the vote. I think you have had townie lines like i've explained. I don't see the rush in making reads when we aren't even 10 pages in yet. But, I'd be confident lynching RhazhBash the most right now
lol

VOTE: gerryoat
isn't the quote auto-explainable there?
In post 421, Square World wrote:don't want to lynch Grendel, House, CCC, eagerSnake and VictorDeAngelo

anyone else just call me and i'll join
In post 749, Square World wrote:page 4
not really thinking manuel is scum anymore

gerryoat + the_jester maybe?
In post 755, Square World wrote:page 8
still think ccc is town
In post 758, Square World wrote:page 11
k guess victor is more towny there
In post 759, Square World wrote:page 12
ccc's reads are terrible
In post 763, Square World wrote:page 15
house and gamma strong town
In post 764, Square World wrote:page 16
feeling like everybody in this page is town
In post 765, Square World wrote:page 17
okay, gonna doubt my ccc townread
In post 766, Square World wrote:page 18
manuel town
gerryoat and his excuses
huntress still scum
In post 772, Square World wrote:page 24
ccc town
huntress not so scum anymore
In post 780, Square World wrote:i'd say scum is in huntress, the_jester and victor, though maybe i accidentally excluded one scum from this list

Basically from Square's POV if he tells us what he's talking about (A) and then what his conclusion is (B) we should be able to fill in the explanation of how he came from A to B.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:27 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay. I don't really see a problem with it.
<Embrace The Void>

eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:28 am

Post by eagerSnake »

He's assuming we know exactly what his thought process is. Didn't House have a huge problem with you assuming things?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I assumed what other people were doing, not that people could follow my logic.
<Embrace The Void>

eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:32 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Which is worse?
Square World
Square World
Goon
Square World
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:32 am

Post by Square World »

could consider gerryoat or manuel
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:55 am

Post by House »

In post 794, Square World wrote:could consider
gerryoat or manuel
eager

Fix't
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:04 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 624, Huntress wrote:Eager, having just read this page I'm tempted to vote you purely for what I've read here, but I'll refrain for now as I still prefer to lynch CCC.

I'll be writing up my notes on you after dinner so I'll have more to say then.
Okay, so based on this post, we're expecting to see some reasoning behind why that page is so bad, right?
In post 750, Huntress wrote:My read on eager is mainly a gut read but I'll try to pin it down a bit.
Here, she tries to play off her bad or non-existent reasons by throwing "gut" in there.
In post 750, Huntress wrote:Eager's posting felt off from his very first post. Most people who want to do something other than rvs to start discussion just do it. Eager made a point of drawing the players attention to what he was doing. He was too quick to call Gamma town in , especially in view of his statement that he starts with the assumption that everyone is guilty until proved innocent. I didn't like the second part of . If he thought Victor might be town with an ulterior motive then he should have waited to see what came of it rather than point it out. Either way it would have been better to wait for Victor's explanation first. His vote on Square in was for an extremely flimsy reason. It was also for something that Manuel did, not Square. He's throwing the words "doubtcasting" and "WIFOM" around far too much and adding distracting stuff like .
These reasons don't match up with what she said originally. At first, she claimed it was because the page with Me & Manuel. Then later made up a bunch of reasons, threw "gut" in there, and added one horribly bad point about that page at the end, which was piggy-backing off of what Manuel and House had already said.

Remember what I said earlier about scum making cases against town?
In post 85, eagerSnake wrote:Scum do this because if they get away with it they can push for a town lynch without having to actually build a case themselves. I think scum hate building a case against town. When they build a case against town, they know it would be forced and full of misreps and would therefore make them look scummy.
They tend to more so piggy-back off others and they much more prefer to subtly swing momentum towards a town lynch without having to make any personal statements as of why they think that player is scum.
Her reasoning:
1. RVS (She's reaching, pulling straws, trying to spin an attempt to start discussion into something scummy, and admits to conf!bias by saying "I read your first post as scummy, so then I read the read of your posts as scummy, looking for easy lynch)
2. Quick to call Gamma town (She's piggy-backing what other's said, and grave-digging, I explained why I changed on him already)
3. 2nd part of 80 (She's calling me scum for making valid points/taking stances/engaging players)
4. Vote on Square, use of "buzzwords" (She's piggy-backing off of Manuel and House)
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:06 am

Post by House »

Lol.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 793, eagerSnake wrote:Which is worse?
I don't know. It's probably different from person to person. I guess mine is worse because I'm projecting what I think happened when I can't be sure.
<Embrace The Void>

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:07 am

Post by House »

In post 798, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 793, eagerSnake wrote:Which is worse?
I don't know. It's probably different from person to person. I guess mine is worse because I'm projecting what I think happened when I can't be sure.
Ding ding ding!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”