Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:01 am

Post by Maestro »

Don't get discouraged. I've never tried it myself, I'd probably fail miserably.

Do any of the more experienced players have any tips for me or for anybody that's around?
Wrapping-up thoughts on the game?
Iknal
Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:42 pm

Post by Iknal »

ChaosOmega, Vanilla Town,
has been lynched. Congratualtions to the scum team of
Maestro, 1xBulletproof Goon, and McStab, Role Cop.
Well played Maestro, I was a little worried after Oso's meant to be harmless bus ended up with him being lynched.

Thank-you to everyone for playing :) And thanks to the replacements, the game settled down eventually. It was a great game to mod, just trying to work out why people made the moves they did. Guttersnipes refusal to NK baffled me for a bit there I must admit.
I derive a certain satisfaction from twisting your honourable intentions to my own devious ends :)

Modding: N/A
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:55 pm

Post by Code_X »

Good game well modded Iknal.

And well played Maestro/Oso and McStab. And Guttersnipe....

Lylo was far too quick but these things happen. Can't say I'm over the moon with my play neither.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Post by Fate »

Pretending to have "forgotten" about this game was a pretty weak and faked post, but no one alive really pressed you on it.

Other than that well done...
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Post by Guttersnipe »

Yeah well I had a strategy. Obviously you planned for me to shoot up the mafia to even things out but once McStab bought it on day one I decided to risk it. There isn't really a 100% awesome winning SK strategy so I feel I had the lee way so to speak to do what I wanted. I certainly enjoyed the game right up until the Code lynch.

Probably should have gone with my gut on Maestro I guess.
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:28 pm

Post by Guttersnipe »

Besides, after I hammered the shit out of McStab I was lynch proof.

That's the great thing about playing SK: you get to play town for most of the game

The other great thing is thinking "Damn I don't know who the scum is - if only I could kill all of these people.... oh wait I can"
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Post by Oso »

In post 776, Iknal wrote:Guttersnipes refusal to NK baffled me for a bit there I must admit.

I've never really encountered it here since I'm pretty sure this is the first Mafiascum game I have played in that had an SK (I'd have to go back and double check though) but off-site, most SKs were compulsory killers. They had to attempt to kill. A variation had even/odd nights or a player choice of not killing on a single night during the game.

Point being that you could set up the role with some qualifiers I think and still have it qualify as 'normal'.

From the Wiki:
Serial Killer exists to ratchet up the death count per Night
and raise the swing of the game tremendously due to the SK's independent motivation.

The bold. As a Mod, I'm sure you could compel the person with the role to kill simply by making it a condition in the Role PM.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I just read the last day before Arugula hammered. I knew it was Maestro. ><, he was not at all being his normal self.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Post by Maestro »

Yeah, looking back, I fully expected to lose right up until I saw Aru's final vote.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Post by Maestro »

@Fate: Why did you quote 775? And it actually wasn't faked... :shifty:
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by Oso »

When I read through what had happened after I had to replace out, I was pretty confident you'd win Maestro an for an off the wall reason as well.

Most folks are savvy enough to see through a Town v Town fight like if IS and Chaos were going at each other and one or the other flipped town. Most players wouldn't auto assume the other was scum. But with whole D1 mish-mash between Choas, IS and Tebow, I'd give it better than a 50% chance that once Tebow and IS were showing Town in the dead list, Chaos would be lynched at some point.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Post by Maestro »

As you guys can imagine, the Scum QT is not very enlightening at all (no offense Oso/McStab) but @Iknal: could the Dead QT be posted sometime soon?

@Aru: No hard feelings, right? My first game as scum and I won and I don't really know what to say afterward... :?

P-Edit @Oso: Makes sense. I was crossing my fingers that in LyLo Arugula would be more willing to vote Chaos more than me (just
willing
, I didn't even need him to be fully convinced) and then of course I anticipated having to make a case but...it ended up being a little easier than that. I had thought about the possibility that Aru's introverted playstyle might serve me better, since he seemed to be more into thinking things out on his own rather than listening to other people, but I didn't think it would work out that much... :wink:

Did Iknal/anybody else want to know my exact reasoning behind each NK? For the most part I figured it out as I went along, and you all might've disagreed with some of them so I guess I'd like feedback from the more experienced players if they're gonna stay around for a little while.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:22 pm

Post by Oso »

On the read thru, I can't argue with uou NK choices. You picked up the Axxle thing. I missed it.

I'd have NKed IS night one because I thought he was telegraphing a PR as well, but I was wrong on the role. I had IS pegged as the SK about mid way through D-1 (if there was in fact an SK). Gutter was a complete surprise when he flipped. I thought he was just an out of control townie.

But no, those were good NK choices. I've played two games with Fitz (three now) and he was town in all. If that is his normal play then he would likely be a cast iron bitch to get lynched.

Gutter was hammer happy which isn't really a bad thing, unless you are the one at L-1 then that's bad. So yeah, NK him as a preventive if you think you can't get him lynched.

Tebow, well.....agree, not much of a danger but he wasn't getting lynched either IMO. Wouldn't want to take him to LyLo.
-
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:37 pm

Post by Maestro »

@Oso: Nice job, you were pretty much 100% correct on all counts. I knew I wanted to leave IS until later because there were so many people blowing steam in his direction, but I definitely didn't want him or Fitz in LyLo and I knew that from D1. Gutter I wanted out of the way because he was to unpredictable to me (e.g. "out of control"); Axxle I had pegged as PR as soon as he made the breadcrumb post I quoted earlier; Tebow I didn't really know what to do with but I couldn't see getting him lynched or persuading him to go along in LyLo so that's why I killed him. I knew as soon as we went into LyLo that I needed to get Aru to vote Chaos and that there was no way I'd get it the other way around.

@Chaos: What was it that finally convinced you?
Iknal
Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Post by Iknal »

Dead QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/fcQTAfTTHyYp9

And Oso, I didn't want to 'force' any player into doing anything particular, which worked I guess. Was a great game, and yeh - I figured with a SK and some strong town power the goon could have a little power in the way of the 1 shot BP. Good work on the NK's Maestro, you made the best choices imo as, it just took a bit of thinking to work out the fitz kill :P
I derive a certain satisfaction from twisting your honourable intentions to my own devious ends :)

Modding: N/A
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:46 pm

Post by Maestro »

LOVE THE DEAD QT.

@McStab: Good thing the "no spoiling rule" was there...dear God, what an entertaining read. I saw one mention of my name (other than Guttersnipe's anger) and it was "there's no way it's Maestro."
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:54 pm

Post by Axxle »

This jumped out to me as trying to hard to seem town. But I'm not sure it would have warranted the lynch if I was in lylo.

In post 762, Maestro wrote:...If Aru doesn't come in and quickhammer as scum then that clinches Chaoscum for me permanently. Either way, I guess it had to come down to something like this.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Post by Maestro »

I guess.....but, ummm...at that point I was a little crazed. We were getting that close and victory was dependent on another's vote...can you blame me? At least it was genuine, except for the blatant lie part. That made sense, don't worry.
Tebow
Tebow
Goon
Tebow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:55 am

Post by Tebow »

In post 790, Maestro wrote:
LOVE THE DEAD QT.

@McStab: Good. thing the "no spoiling rule" was there...dear God, what an entertaining read. I saw one mention of my name (other than Guttersnipe's anger) and it was "there's no way it's Maestro."

Yeah... I had a town read on you from you seeming to be convinced McStab would flip town, and that 'No way' comment was in response to you muddling up who was lynched and who was NKed. You were easily my top town read.

At least until the last day, because when there's a player who no one has suspected all game, and someone as scummy as havingfitz dies over them, that's a big red flag.

Really, it made no sense for scum Chaos to kill me as the one player who had him as town. And the frustrating thing from a dead perspective was knowing that chaos was clear but Fate hadn't been allowed to claim his target. But in the end, I think I'd have gone for arugula in ensgame anyway.
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:13 am

Post by Arugula »

In post 786, Maestro wrote:As you guys can imagine, the Scum QT is not very enlightening at all (no offense Oso/McStab) but @Iknal: could the Dead QT be posted sometime soon?

@Aru: No hard feelings, right? My first game as scum and I won and I don't really know what to say afterward... :?

Of course not. Great job.
Town Record: 8-5
Scum Record: 3-2
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:32 am

Post by McStab »

Great job Maestro, and really great job Gutter. Also good job to Oso earlier too.

On Day One I was sincerely hoping Code_X would logon before Gutter; I knew Gutter would switch and hammer me if he got on first, but based on what Code had said he would've gone after Chaos as opposed to me.

I'm curious as to IS's investigation results; it's possible town could've won in LyLo if IS had shared them.

The whole IS + Fate vs. havingfitz vs. Tebow + Chaos really saved us this game. Maestro also reacted really well to my fake dead cop claim (who Arugula correctly sniffed out) and Maestro did a great job picking out Axxle as JOAT (I'd missed his breadcrumb). Gutter's SK gambit was brilliant as well, going to fake a third mafia member after hammering me. If Maestro hadn't been so good at remaining unsuspected, Gutter would've been set for the rest of the game.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Post by Oso »

Maybe Inkal could post Full Roles and Night Actions?
-
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:18 am

Post by Maestro »

^ Agreed...though this is a little late.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:41 am

Post by Papa Zito »

fin.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”