MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:30 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

I'll be putting together my Mod thoughts and general information in the next 24 hours. Everyone is free to share their thoughts, comments and criticisms!

Thanks to all the players, both original and replacement who stuck by the game through the holidays and two site catastrophies to help finish the game.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:39 pm

Post by diddin »

how did i get away with this seriously

Dead QT was probably raging so hard
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:43 pm

Post by Parama »

The dead QT is massive.

Sword you let us down near the end, playing so good most of the game :<
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Post by Parama »

but yeah 803 posts in the dead QT

Wrath your hammer was atrocious, diddin's post was about the most obvious quickhammer attempt ever.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Post by diddin »

yeah when i looked back I'm like

fuck thats not a hammer

but thanks WC
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm not sure how we did it but high five
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:27 pm

Post by theamatuer »

I NEED TO SEE THAT NEW QT FOR WC'S "OHSHIT" MOMENT
Its just whatever
TheFool
TheFool
Goon
TheFool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:36 pm

Post by TheFool »

Ah damn. Knew I should've went for Kunk, doubt I would've aimed for diddin after that anyway. Sorry town :(

Did you guys just not think of the fake guilty for the win Night 8?

I also want to see the Dead QT, I've been wondering how bad it must be for weeks now.
the nose knows no snows
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Post by theamatuer »

Its just whatever
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Post by Kise »

Congrats. Long ass game yo LOL.

I like what you did with the roles here, Maggy.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
TheFool
TheFool
Goon
TheFool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:33 pm

Post by TheFool »

Thanks, that was a fun read. Less rage than I'd expected, actually.

From the Desk of the 'I'm going to be kicking myself post-game' department -

An unknown source (yeah, right) sent me the following Night action PM:

"I will use Fenrir's item steal ability on sword_of_omens tonight.

..and swallow my paranoia at some sort of diddin/Mist scumteam."

Yeah, pretty much. Of course, I was thinking 'Mist deliberately "forgets" to action so diddin's survival is justified for longer". Apparently the truth is more painful?
the nose knows no snows
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:09 pm

Post by WrathChild »

Gosh Darnit. I swear that's a major weakness I have in my play. I trust power roles (Claimed) too much. Yeah I should have never lynched MacD, but I also wasn't aware that a non-majority lynch would be a no lynch and figured he was going to die regardless so if he was scum, I'd close off one of the avenues to items.

I really struggled with MacD and I apologize if I offended him, he proved himself to have good logic at times but some really bad logic at others. I wanted to trust him, but some of the things he did really made me doubt. I'm not surprised scum won this at all, town had some rough patches to say the least.

Yeah I hammered MacD in Lylo and kept professing Diddin's innocence, so I take as much blame or more than any one else in our fail-town. At least they had the sense to blow it when it wasn't LyLo.

Magitek QTs:
-Kise, MacD, WC: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/U7JHC2KAS6nd
-TS, MacD, WC: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/94xnDWtjMdu
-MacD, WC, TA: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/8La5hc74Lrq
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:45 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Kise why did you think I was scum?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:04 pm

Post by MacDougall »

That post where WC said that diddin + Mist unequivocally could NOT be scum together is a doozy in hindsight lol. Even considering I was basically the only one with a scum read on diddin at all that one post by WC was the spanner in the works that prevented me from being able to reason it out completely.

I think in future I will be a little less wordy and check and double check my posts with facts lol. Though going back in this thread to check if what I'm saying is right was tedious as fuck.

Well played scum.

Can we read the scum QT's?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:05 am

QT Links

Dead QT
Mafia QT
Magitek Armor 1
Magitek Armor 2
Magitek Armor 3
Magitek Armor 4

General Thoughts

In the end I’m a little disappointed with how the game turned out. The combination of Christmas / New Year’s slow play and both system crashes really took the steam out of the pace of the game. It was very difficult after the restore to expect Town to effectively piece together what it needed to pull the game out.

Again I am very thankful to all the players who stuck this out and replaced in through-out the process. Finishing out the game regardless of alignment means each on has my gratitude.

I am also thankful for my review crew in Faraday, Magister Ludi and my reviewer / backup Mod Kdub. They were instrumental in keeping things as balanced as possible and giving good guidance for the various problems that crept up.

I had several typos in the role PMs (Strago was indded Stargo due to my Dyslexia). Other items that were considered errors were not directly – Elixer and Queen’s Guard were based on translation documents from Japanese versions of the game. The source material was cobbled together from pretty much every version of the game from the original Super-NES to Gameboy remakes.

Overall I thought Scum overall played better than Town. The Day 1 lynch on scum (and Bulletproof scum at that) set up the possibility for putting themselves in a dominant position but some questionable use / lack of use of their Night actions allowed Scum to reestablish themselves and take control of the game during the mid-section. Town failing to finish the lynch on Mist Beauty for reasons I’m not quite sure of didn’t help matters. The combination of Spyrex’s claim and Sword_of_omens catch on Twilight Sparkle threw things back into an even game. Unfortunately Matias’s choice to eliminate himself without struggle really took the wind out of Town’s momentum.

Perhaps the biggest mistake Town made was the incorrect assumption that Elixer was a straight-forward Doctor protection. It was not. I was the counter to the Scum’s main manipulation ability Corruption that allowed scum to redirect actions to a limited degree. Exiler never blocked any kills. Both Zeek and TheFool incorrectly interpreted the language of the item and unfortunately Kublai who knew that the Mafia Nightkill was not called Corruption never outed that information.

Scum weren’t without their own troubles – they really didn’t make effective use their abilities. Mist Beauty failed to use her Strongman ability the first two Nights, Twilight Sparkle was pretty much left to direct the scum kill and actions. Also Night 7 failed to submit a kill and chose to No Kill Night 8. The game to all right should have been over after Night 8.

On the Pause and Spyrex’s Modkill

Now that the game is over I can fully disclose the reasons for the Pause and Spyrex’s Modkill. Timeater, as part of a Hydra, made a specific reference to this game regarding alignments here to Mist Beauty in another active game. It clearly crossed the line off what was acceptable per site standards and after discussing it with the Mod in question (and Kdub and Faraday) I chose to warn both players against an mention of the reason for the Pause.

When Spyrex started to make references to the Pause in a way that suggested it was due to information being given out by me after the fact I sent him a PM warning him to avoid the topic completely. Unfortunately he made a further reference that I thought clearly crossed the line in exploiting the Pause for his faction’s advantage which I couldn’t let go. I’m unhappy about it but don’t regret my choice.

General Set-up Notes

This set-up was based on an old game I ran on another Site based on FF6. The premise of the passing of items was to allow both Town and scum to recover from losing important Power-Roles to kills / lynches.

Relics operated at full effectiveness in the hands of their original owner. When they were passed via Nightkill or lynch the operated at reduced effectiveness. Some operated the same but only operated on Non-Consecutive Nights. Others were weaker in other ways (Masamune was not a Vig item when recovered but a 2 shot Delayer). Both Town and Scum had the same functionality.

Magicite operated differently for Town and Scum. In the hands of any scum including the Traitor (and for Alexander in the hands of Gestahl) the Magicite provided the exact same powers (2 Shot BP for Fenrir, Vouyer for Alexander, etc). In the hands of Town the Magicite provided a 1 shot power that was generally more powerful than the Mafia constant power. Scum were not told what the Magicitie did in the hands of Town (nor was Gestahl) until it was recovered from the original holder. Thus scum didn’t know what Bahamut did (it was useless in the hands of scum) until Twilight Sparkle was killed. If diddin had ever been directed to use the 'Bahamut kill' he would be somewhat handcuffed as he could not utilize it himself and would have had to fake the Scum Nightkill as such.

Other tidbits

I specifically did not include an alignment Cop in the set-up as I think generally they are less fun to play with. Follow the Cop isn’t as much fun as actually scum-hunting. Locke’s Thief Glove was incredibly powerful if used to catch scum lying about recovery of items and served as the primary investigation role for Town. Unfortunately redFF didn’t use it at all Night 1 and was lynched for his play. The recovered version was much weaker.

Scum didn’t get a role-blocker for similar reasons.

I also tried to layer as much Mod WIFOM into the set-up as possible.

Scum, as noted late game, generally began with Magicitie and Town generally began with Relics. Each faction has a ‘Trap’ exception – Gau for the scum served as an Item Godfather and Gestahl for the Town served as an Item Miller. Scum also had a player with powers who started with no Magicite (Hidon).

Each scum was provided with a full fake-claim (as you probably have surmised) with the exception of Gau who was provided an Alternate Claim as Town instead of Traitor. I specifically seeded Main Characters (Strago, Edgar, Gau) as Fake-claims, Power-role and VTs to keep Town from simply ‘outguessing the flavor’. Empire Characters were all Town and also served this purpose.

There was some rhyme and reason to fake-claims – for example Umaro / Ultima Weapon thematically went together well (big, strong types) and Hidon / Strago was a direct theme link I included.

Kefka was excluded from the game as a Red Herring. I decided early in the set-up process not to have a Serial Killer with a Vig in the game and that’s the role Kefka was perfect for.

Both Town and Scum had 1 player with an innate power independent of Relics / Magicitie – Cyan was Vengeful if he still had any uses of his 3-shot Vig left and Hidon was a Strongman enhancer. Mist Beauty tipped her hand to this knowledge in thread that was noted.

That’s all I can think of at the moment. I’ll happily answer any questions you have.

I’ll be posting the Role Pms / Night Actions / Item Descriptions when recoverd shortly.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:08 am

Night Action Record
-

Night 1

ZeekLTK - Uses Elixer on Twilight Sparkle - Success
Iecerint - Uses Queen's Guard on Timeater - Success.
pidgey - Uses Masamune on Nexuswave - Success, NexusWave is killed.
diddin - Uses Animal Hides on redFF - Success: Result of Locke and holds Thief Glove
Twilight Sparkle - Uses Mafia kill on Kise - Success, Kise is killed
SomeRandomGuy - Use Carbunkle on WrathChild - Success
Feysal - Uses Alexander on Kise - Success: Result is Mafia Nightkill

Night 2

Iecerint - Uses Queen's Guard on Katsuki - Success
ZeekLTK - Uses Elixer on Twilight Sparkle - Success
Timeater - Uses Thief Glove on diddin - Success, result is Positive for Relics or Magicite
Feysal - Uses Alexander on Iecerint - Success, Result is No actions seen.
diddin - Uses Animal Hides on ZeekLTK - Success, Result is Sabin and holds Elixer
Twilight Sparkle - Uses Mafia kill on Parama - Success, Parama is killed.

Night 3

Timeater - Uses Thief Glove on Mist Beauty - Successs, result is Negative for Relics or Magicite
Iecerint - Use's Queen's Guard on pidgey - Success, pidgey is immune to all other actions
Spyrex - Uses Carbunkle on pidgey Down - Failed, pidgey is Jailkept
Twilight Sparkle - Uses Mafia kill on diddin - Success, diddin is recruited.
pidgey - Uses Masamune on sword_of_omens - Failed, pidgey is Jailkept
Kublai Khan - Uses Alexander on Mist Beauty - Success, result is Item Cop
diddin - Uses Animal Hides on sword_of_omens - Success, result is Mog and no items held.
TheFool - Uses Elixer on pidgey - Failed, pidgey is Jailkept
Mist Beauty - Strongman Enhance on Twilight Sparkle - Success

Night 4

Iecerint - Use's Queen's Guard on sword_of_omens - Success
Timeater - Uses Thief Glove on Spyrex - Success, result is Positive for Relics or Magicite
MacDougall - Uses Alexander Magicite 1-shot on Self - Success, result is No actions seen
Twilight Sparkle - Uses Mafia kill on Iecerint - Success, Iecerint is killed.
Spyrex - Uses Carbunkle on pidgey Down - Success, but not important since Pidgey did not take an action.

Night 5

Timeater - Uses Thief Glove on TheFool -Success, result is Positive for Relics or Magicitie
TheFool - Uses Elixer on Timeater - Success
diddin - Uses Mafia kill on pidgey - Success, pidgey is killed.

Night 6

Timeater - Uses Theif Glove on Matias - Success, but dies.
Mist Beauty - Strongam Enhances diddin - Success
diddin - Mafia kill on Timeater - Success, Carbunkle is used up by the Strongarm Kill.

Night 7

TheFool - Use Elixer on diddin - Success

Night 8

Mist Beauty - Uses Queen's Guard on diddin - Success, diddin is jailkept.
TheFool - Uses Fenrir on sword_of-omens - Success, sword_of_omens had no items.

Night 9

TheFool - Use Elixer on diddin - Success
kunkstar7 - Strongarm Enhances diddin - Success
diddin - Mafia kill on TheFool - Success, TheFool is killed and scum wins.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:10 am

Town Roles -

LOCKE -

Welcome to Final Fantasy 6 Mafia Player redFF!

ImageINSERT

You are
Locke, Treasure Hunter

Abilities –

Voice and Vote
– Active, Day – Each day you may post in thread and vote for lynch.

Item –

You begin the game with the following Item which grants the following abilities:

Thief Glove (Relic)
– Item Cop – Active, Night – Each Night you may Pm me a list of any living players. The number on that list is determined as follows – divide the number of players alive at the start of Night by 4 and round down (for example, 19 players alive at Night is 19/4 = 4.75, rounded down to 4). If successful I will send you the number of Relics and the number of Magicite held by those players. If you do not send a list that has the proper number of players (either too many or too few) your action will fail. You may not include yourself on the list. PM if you have any questions about the proper number of players on any given Night.

Win Condition –

You win when all threats to town have been removed and at least 1 Town aligned player remains alive.

Confirm by PM with the name of your character and role.

--

CELES -

Welcome to Final Fantasy 6 Mafia Iecerint!

You are
Celes, Conflicted Defender

Abilities –

Voice and Vote

Item –

You begin the game with the following Item which grants the following abilities:

Queen’s Guard (Relic)
– Modified Jailkeeper – Active, Night – Each Night you may PM me the name of a target. If successful that player will be role-blocked that Night, and any other actions targeting them, including kills, will fail.

Win Condition –

You win when all threats to town have been removed and at least 1 Town aligned player remains alive.

--

CID -

Welcome to Final Fantasy 6 Mafia MacDougall!

You are
Cid, Magicite Scientist

Abilities –

Voice and Vote

Item –

Magitek Armor (Relic)
– Neighbor – Passive, Perpetual – You are a member of a Neighborhood of players who hold Magitek Armors. The QT link is HERE. You are not required to post under your player name or standard QT account and may use your game role name (Cid) if you wish. You do not know any of the alignments of other holders of Magitek Armor.

Win Condition –

--

WEDGE

Welcome to Final Fantasy 6 Mafia WrathChild!

You are
Wedge, Imperial Stooge

Abilities –

Voice and Vote

Item –

Magitek Armor (Relic)
– Neighbor – Passive, Perpetual – You are a member of a Neighborhood of players who hold Magitek Armors. The QT link is HERE. You are not required to post under your player name or standard QT account and may use your game role name (Wedge) if you wish. You do not know any of the alignments of other holders of Magitek Armor.

Win Condition –

--

VICKS

Welcome to Final Fantasy 6 Mafia Kise!

You are
Vicks, Imperial Lackey

Abilities –

Voice and Vote

Item –

Magitek Armor (Relic)
– Neighbor – Passive, Perpetual – You are a member of a Neighborhood of players who hold Magitek Armors. The QT link is HERE. You are not required to post under your player name or standard QT account and may use your game role name (Vicks) if you wish. You do not know any of the alignments of other holders of Magitek Armor.

Win Condition –

--

CYAN

Welcome to Final Fantasy 6 Mafia pidgey!

You are
Cyan, Noble Samurai

Abilities –

Voice and Vote

Vengeful
– Passive, Day – If you still hold Masamune and have at least one ability use left you are Vengeful. If you are lynched you will have 24 hours after the Mod posts the lynch scene to PM me a target who voted for your lynch. That player will be killed in righteous retribution.

Item –

Masamune (Relic)
– Limited Vigilante – Active, Night – Each Night you may choose to send me the name of a target. If successful you will kill that target. You may only use the ability three times during the game.

Win Condition –

--

EMPEROR GESTAHL

Welcome to Final Fantasy 6 Mafia Feysal!

You are
Emperor Gestahl, Imperial Overseer

Abilities –

Voice and Vote

Item –

Alexander (Magicite)
– Voyeur – Active, Night – Each Night you may choose to send me the name of a target. If successful you will be informed of the names of all abilities that target that player at Night other than yourself.

Win Condition –

--

SABIN

Welcome to Final Fantasy 6 Mafia ZeekLTK!

You are
Sabin, Martial Artist

Abilities –

Voice and Vote

Item –

Elixer (Relic)
– Anti-Corruption Doctor– Active, Night – Each Night you may choose to send me the name of a target. If successful that player will be protected from the ability Corruption for that Night.

Win Condition –

--

REMAINING VANILLAS

Welcome to Final Fantasy 6 Mafia Player X!

INSERT

You are

Shadow, Mysterious Mercenary
Setzer, Handsome Gambler
Relm, Artistic Spitfire
Gogo, Enigma
General Leo, Devoted Soldier
Mog, Dancing Moogle
Terra, Girl from Two Worlds

Abilities –

Voice and Vote

Item –

You begin the game with no items.

Win Condition –

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:12 am

Mafia and Traitor Roles
-

ULTIMA WEAPON

Welcome to Final Fantasy 6 Mafia funkybike1!

You are
Ultima Weapon, Powerhouse Leader
. Your partners in the
World of Ruin Boss Mafia
are Twilight Sparkle, Mist Beauty and SomeRandomGuy.

Abilities

Voice and Vote

Mafia Nightkill
– Active, Night – You are eligible to perform the Factional Nightkill. As an active ability it cannot be used in conjunction with any other active
Abilities
unless you are the last living active member of the Mafia team.

Mafia QTl
– Passive, Night – You may speak with your Partners HERE during each Night phase and during pre-game and the first 72 hours of Day 1.

Item

You begin the game with the following
Item
which grants the following abilities:

Fenrir (Magicite)
– Limited Bulletproof – Passive, Night – You are immune to the first two normal Nightkill attempts made against you.

Other Information
-

You know that a Traitor exists and will be recruited to your Faction if the target of a successful Nightkill by any World of Ruin Boss Mafia member. The traitor will not count towards the World of Ruin Boss Mafia Win Condition requirements until recruited.

Win Condition

You win when the number of World of Ruin Boss Mafia equals or exceeds the number of all other remaining factions, at least one World of Ruin Boss Mafia member remains alive, or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Fake Claim

The Mods have provided you with the following fake-claim:

Welcome to Final Fantasy 6 Mafia funkybike1!

You are
Umaro, Reclusive Powerhouse

Abilities

Voice and Vote

Item

You begin the game with the following
Item
which grants the following abilities:

Fenrir (Magicite)
– Limited Bulletproof – Passive, Night – You are immune to the first two normal Nightkill attempts made against you.

Win Condition

--

DOOMGAZE

Welcome to Final Fantasy 6 Mafia Twilight Sparkle!

You are
Doomgaze, Winged Nightmare
. Your partners in the
World of Ruin Boss Mafia
are Mist Beauty, SomeRandomGuy and funkybike1.

Abilities

Voice and Vote

Mafia Nightkill
– Active, Night – You are eligible to perform the Factional Nightkill. As an active ability it cannot be used in conjunction with any other active
Abilities

Mafia QTl
– Passive, Night – You may speak with your Partners HERE during each Night phase and during pre-game and the first 72 hours of Day 1.

Item

You begin the game with the following Item which grants the following Abilities:

Bahamut (Magicite)
– It has no function you are aware of.

Other Information
-

You know that a Traitor exists and will be recruited to your Faction if the target of a successful Nightkill by any World of Ruin Boss Mafia member. The traitor will not count towards the World of Ruin Boss Mafia Win Condition requirements until recruited.

Win Condition

You win when the number of World of Ruin Boss Mafia equals or exceeds the number of all other remaining factions, at least one World of Ruin Boss Mafia member remains alive, or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Fake Claim

Welcome to Final Fantasy 6 Mafia Twilight Sparkle!

You are
Bannon, Returner Leader

Abilities

Voice and Vote

Item

You begin the game with the following Item which grants the following Abilities:

Bahamut (Magicite)
– It has no function you are aware of.

Win Condition

--

BEHEMOTH

Welcome to Final Fantasy 6 Mafia SomeRandomGuy!

You are
Behemoth, Undead Beast
. Your partners in the
World of Ruin Boss Mafia
are Twilight Sparkle, Mist Beauty and funkybike1.

Abilities

Voice and Vote

Mafia Nightkill
Abilities

Mafia QTl

Item

Carbunkle (Magicite)
– Corruptor – Active, Night – Each Night you may PM me the name of target. If successful they will be corrupted and any Night action they use that Night will be shifted up or down the player list of living players three slots. PM me whether you wish the shift to be up or down when PMing me the name of your target.

Other Information
-

Win Condition

Fake Claim

Welcome to Final Fantasy 6 Mafia SomeRandomGuy!

You are
Edgar, Tinkering Royal

Abilities

Voice and Vote

Item

Carbunkle (Magicite)
– Enabler – Active, Night – Each Night you may PM me the name of target. If successful any Night action of the target will be enhanced in unknown ways.

Win Condition

--

HIDON

Welcome to Final Fantasy 6 Mafia Mist Beauty!

You are
Hidon, Magical Myth
. Your partners in the
World of Ruin Boss Mafia
are Twilight Sparkle, SomeRandomGuy and funkybike1.

Abilities

Voice and Vote

Strongman Enhance
– Active, Night – Each Night you may PM me the name of a target. If successful any Nightkill made by the target will be unable to be blocked or protected against. You may not use the ability on successive Nights.

Mafia Nightkill
– Active, Night – You are eligible to perform the Factional Nightkill. As an active ability it cannot be used in conjunction with any other active Abilities unless you are the last living active member of the Mafia team.

Mafia QTl

Item

You begin the game with no Items.

Other Information
-

Win Condition

Fake Claim

Welcome to Final Fantasy 6 Mafia Mist Beauty!

You are
Strago, Wise Mage

Abilities

Voice and Vote

Item

You being the game with no Items.

Win Condition

--

GAU

Welcome to Final Fantasy 6 Mafia diddin!

You are Gau, Feral Child

Abilities

Voice and Vote

Mafia Nightkill
– Active, Night – Once you are recruited to the World of Ruin Boss Mafia you are eligible to make the Factional Nightkill. As an active ability it cannot be used in conjunction with any other active Abilities unless you are the last living active member of the Mafia team.

Mafia QTl
– Passive, Night – Once you are recruited to the World of Ruin Boss Mafia you will be given access to the Mafia QT.

Item

Animal Hides (Relic)
– Name Cop - Active, Night – Each night you may PM me the name of a target. If successful you will be informed of their Role Name (aka Gau) and the names of any
Item
s they are holding.

Other Information

You are a Traitor. You know the World of Ruin Boss Mafia exists and can recruit you into their ranks by a mechanic unknown to you. You do not count towards the World of Ruin Boss Mafia Win Condition requirements until you have been recruited.

In the case that all the starting members of the World of Ruin Boss Mafia are killed or lynched before you are recruited you will automatically become recruited.

Win Condition

Alternative Claim

The Mods have provided you with the following claim – the Role Pm Gau would receive if he was Town aligned:

Welcome to Final Fantasy 6 Mafia diddin!

You are
Gau, Feral Child

Abilities

Voice and Vote

Item

Animal Hides (Relic)
– Name Cop - Active, Night – Each night you may PM me the name of any living player. If successful you will be informed of their Role Name (aka Gau) and the names of any Items they are holding.

Win Condition

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:14 am

Description of Items when Received - Magicite

TOWN -

You received the following item(s) which grants the following abilities:

Fenrir (Magicite)
– Limited Item Thief – Active, Night – At Night you may PM me the name of a target. If successful you will take one Relic or Magicite (randomly determined if more than one item is held) from the player. This ability can only be used once and Fenrir disappears after use.

Bahamut (Magicite)
– Limited Strongman Nightkill – Active, Night – At Night you may PM me the name of a target. You will perform a Nightkill that is unable to be blocked or protected against. This ability can only be used once and Bahamut will disappear after use.

Carbunkle (Magicite)
–Limited Bulletproof – Passive, Night – You are immune to the first normal Nightkill attempt made against you. This ability can only be used once and Carbunkle will disappear after use.

Alexander (Magicite)
– Limited Watch – Active, Night – At Night you may PM me the name of a target. If successful I will inform you of the names of any other players who perform an action on your target that Night. This ability can only be used once and Alexander disappears after use.

MAFIA –

Fenrir (Magicite)
–Limited Bulletproof – Passive, Night – You are immune to the first two normal Nightkill attempts made against you. So far X protections have previously been used.

You also know that if a non-Mafia player received this item it would provide the following ability:
Limited Item Thief
– Active, Night – At Night you may PM me the name of a target. If successful you will take one Relic or Magicite (randomly determined if more than one item is held) from the player. This ability can only be used once and Fenrir disappears after use.

Bahamut (Magicite)
– It has no function for you.

You also know that if a non-Mafia player received this item it would provide the following ability –
Limited Strongman Nightkill
– Active, Night – At Night you may PM me the name of a target. You will perform a Nightkill that is unable to be blocked or protected against. This ability can only be used once and Bahamut will disappear after use.

Carbunkle (Magicite)
– Corruptor – Active, Night – Each Night you may PM me the name of target player. If successful they will be affected by the ability Corruption and any Night action they use that Night will be shifted up or down the player list of living players three slots. PM me whether you wish the shift to be up or down when PMing me the name of their target.

You also know that if a non-Mafia player received this item it would provide the following ability –
Limited Bulletproof
– Passive, Night – You are immune to the first normal Nightkill attempt made against you. This ability can only be used once and Carbunkle will disappear after use.

Alexander (Magicite)
– Voyeur – Active, Night – Each Night you may send me the name of a target . If successful you will be informed of the names of all abilities that target that player at Night other than yourself.

Limited Watch
– Active, Night – At Night you may PM me the name of a target. If successful I will inform you of the names of any other players who perform an action on your target that Night. This ability can only be used once and Alexander disappears after use.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:15 am

Description of Items when Received - Relics

You received the following item(s) which grants the following abilities:

Thief Glove (Relic)
– Item Cop – Active, Night – Each Night you may PM me the name of a target. If successful I will tell you whether that person holds any Relics or Magicite.

Queen’s Guard (Relic)
– Non-consecutive Jailkeeper – Active, Night – At Night you may PM me the name of a target. If successful you will role-block that player and all normal kill attempts made on them will fail. You may not use this ability on consecutive Nights.

Magitek Armor (Relic)
– Neighbor – Passive, Perpetual – You are now a member of a Neighborhood of players who hold Magiteck Armors. The QT link is HERE. You are not required to post under your player name or standard QT account and may use your game role name (Cid) if you wish. You do not know any of the alignments of other holders of Magitek Armor.

Masamune (Relic)
– Limited Action Delayer – Active, Night – At Night you may PM me the name of a target. If successful you will cause any active actions performed by that target to be delayed until the following Night. You may only use this ability twice.

Elixer (Relic)
– Non-consecutive Anti-Corruption Doctor– Active, Night – At Night you may send me the name of a target. If successful that player will be protected from the ability Corruption for that Night. You may not use this ability on consecutive Nights.

Animal Hides (Relic)
– Non-consecutive Name Cop - Active, Night – At Night you may PM me the name of the target. If successful I will tell you the Character Name of that player. You may not use this ability on consecutive Nights.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:22 am

Item Recovery Mechanics -

The item recover system was developed to include a bit of randomness but reward players for being on a successful lynch wagon. There was a random element to the way items were distributed so that it was not completely predictable. Unvoting was necessary as I had to carefully track wagon positioning for each player.

1. For the first item held by a lynched Player it was assigned randomly between the player who was First on the wagon (creating it) and the player who hammered.
2. Each successive item was randomly assigned to one of the other wagon members with equal chance for each.
3. If more items were transferred than players on the wagon (really only an endgame scenario) the process was restarted at step 2 with everyone having an equal chance.

Nightkills / Vengekills directly recovered all the items held by the player who was killed. Pidgey could have taken items from the Mafia if he had correctly targetted. If he was lynched and Vengekilled a player the lynch distribution happened AFTER the Vengekill. This element was meant to discourage claiming just to claim but unusually didn't hurt Town as much as it could when Pidgey claimed Vig early.

Lynch 1 Night 1
Twilight Sparkle: 1 to 50 Twilight Sparke kills Kise, recovers Magitek Armor
Kise: 51 to 100

Random.org says - 45
Twilight Sparkle Recovers

Lynch 2 Night 2
Feysal: 1 to 50 N/A no-one with Items dies.
Timeater: 51 to 100

Random.org says - 52
Timeater recovers

Lynch 3 Night 3
TheFool: 1 to 50 N/A no deaths
theamatuer: 51 to 100

Random.org says - 39
TheFool recovers

Lynch 4 Night 4
Twilight Sparkle: 1 to 50 Twilight Sparkle kills Iecerint, recovers Queen's Guard
MacDougall: 51 to 100

Random. Org says - 83
MacDougall recovers.

Lynch 5 Night 5
Timeater: 1 to 50 diddin kills pidgey and recovers Masamune.
Mist Beauty: 51 to 100

Random.org says - 21
Timeater recovers

Lynch 6 Night 6
TheFool: 1 to 50 diddin kills Timeater, recovers Thief Glove
diddin: 51 to 100 (Carbunkle used up by Strongarm kill)

Random.org says - 92
diddin recovers Bahamut

Item 2 - From 1 to 5
Random.org says - 1
TheFool recovers Fenrir

Item 3 - From 1 to 4
Random.org says -1
theamatuer recovers Magiteck Armor

Item 4 - From 1 to 3
Random.org says - 3
Mist Beauty recovers Queen's Guard

Lynch 7 Night 7
N/A no items held N/A no kill

Lynch 8 Night 8
WrathChild: 1 to 50 N/A no kill

Random.org says - 96
MacDougall recovers.

Lynch 9
kunkstar: 1 to 50
WrathChild: 51 to 100

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:24 am

Item Recovery Mechanics -

The item recover system was developed to include a bit of randomness but reward players for being on a successful lynch wagon. There was a random element to the way items were distributed so that it was not completely predictable. Unvoting was necessary as I had to carefully track wagon positioning for each player.

1. For the first item held by a lynched Player it was assigned randomly between the player who was First on the wagon (creating it) and the player who hammered.
2. Each successive item was randomly assigned to one of the other wagon members with equal chance for each.
3. If more items were transferred than players on the wagon (really only an endgame scenario) the process was restarted at step 2 with everyone having an equal chance.

Nightkills / Vengekills directly recovered all the items held by the player who was killed. Pidgey could have taken items from the Mafia if he had correctly targetted. If he was lynched and Vengekilled a player the lynch distribution happened AFTER the Vengekill. This element was meant to discourage claiming just to claim but unusually didn't hurt Town as much as it could when Pidgey claimed Vig early.

Lynch 1 Night 1
Twilight Sparkle: 1 to 50 Twilight Sparke kills Kise, recovers Magitek Armor
Kise: 51 to 100

Random.org says - 45
Twilight Sparkle Recovers

Lynch 2 Night 2
Feysal: 1 to 50 N/A no-one with Items dies.
Timeater: 51 to 100

Random.org says - 52
Timeater recovers

Lynch 3 Night 3
TheFool: 1 to 50 N/A no deaths
theamatuer: 51 to 100

Random.org says - 39
TheFool recovers

Lynch 4 Night 4
Twilight Sparkle: 1 to 50 Twilight Sparkle kills Iecerint, recovers Queen's Guard

Random. Org says - 83
MacDougall recovers.

Lynch 5 Night 5
Timeater: 1 to 50 diddin kills pidgey and recovers Masamune.
Mist Beauty: 51 to 100

Random.org says - 21
Timeater recovers

Lynch 6 Night 6
TheFool: 1 to 50 diddin kills Timeater, recovers Thief Glove
diddin: 51 to 100 (Carbunkle used up by Strongarm kill)

Random.org says - 92
diddin recovers Bahamut

Item 2 - From 1 to 5
Random.org says - 1
TheFool recovers Fenrir

Item 3 - From 1 to 4
Random.org says -1
theamatuer recovers Magiteck Armor

Item 4 - From 1 to 3
Random.org says - 3
Mist Beauty recovers Queen's Guard

Lynch 7 Night 7
N/A no items held N/A no kill

Lynch 8 Night 8
WrathChild: 1 to 50 N/A no kill

Random.org says - 96
MacDougall recovers.

Lynch 9
kunkstar: 1 to 50
WrathChild: 51 to 100

Random.org says - 7
kunkstar recovers

Item 2 - 1 to 3
Random.org says - 2
diddin recovers.

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:45 am

Post by Parama »

I always knew I'd get killed by ponies.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:31 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

damnit! i knew i should have pressed the issue harder with MB...
My bad guys...
well played scum...

@MagnaofIllusion - i had a lot of fun playing this one, and you were great as mod. The recovery went better than expected and the archives that Fey and you put together was awesome.

@Timeater , honestly you were annoying at first, but i actually enjoyed playing with you..ya kinda grew on me...oh and the video you made after Spyrex's death was frickin awesome! i lol'd hard...just sad that it got lost with the crash.

gonna read the QT's real quick then come back...

Again, sorry i let you down town :(
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:35 am

Sword you have nothing to be ashamed of. In fact you did a reads list midgame (that I can't link to for obv reasons) where you labelled all the remaining scum as scum or suspect. It really impressed me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”