Haze
Haze
Mafia Scum
Haze
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:19 am

Post by Haze »

Toogeloo; about the Lowell shots you need to understand if he shot the Lynch leader at L-1 right before deadline where would that leave town?

While his Thomith shot was not perfect I don't think that shooting early in and of itself is scummy; if anyone was Modkilled for example they would stifle lowell's shot.
~Lu-natic.

Don't say Crazy.
Zeek
Zeek
Goon
Zeek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Zeek »

He didn't need to shoot the lynch leader. Shooting someone that the majority of the town seemed hung up on (like aim or norman) would have been a better use for the shot. A day 1 vigshot hitting scum is about as likely as catching a bullet in your brain whilest aiming at your nuts.

His vigshot, as stated previously, was wasteful. That said, it is just an odd vig shot, and until further can be known we can do little with it.

That said i am very interested to see SLJ's thoughts on this new day. I don't think empking is really scummy either. Unless MS scum act much different from what I am used to, their actions on day one feel pretty much like town behavior. I would expect scum to muddle up the thread with uselessness that looks useful. Their posts just seem like hugely easy targets for wagons.
Samuel L Jackson
Samuel L Jackson
Townie
Samuel L Jackson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:10 am

Post by Samuel L Jackson »

I'm back and re-reading.
"Do you read the Bible, Bret?"
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 772, Amrun wrote:Alvinz, share your thoughts up to this point, please.

Really. Alvinz plays very similar to Lowell, I have played with him a couple times in the long long ago. Kdowns was legitimately scummy, and someone who is not going to contribute a whole lot is a great target for at least a strong pressure wagon. That should get talking coming from him.

Lowell still is town for the vig, I dont get why anyone would think otherwise. The shot was not a perfect one, but far from a bad one, heck I probably would have policy vigged or at least demanded a claim in my first post. You dont want to hang onto it, think about it, scum gets put at L-1 and no vig has happened, they just self-hammer and take town with them. Shooting early was the right thing to do.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:32 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day Two Vote Count #3

3 alvinz95 (LlamaFluff, Empking’s Alt, Amrun)
3 Chimaira (Amrun, TSGRaaize, Toogeloo)
2 FourseenCircumstance (Zeek, Chimaira)
1 Empking’s Alt (Toogeloo)
1 Haze (Empking’s Alt)
1 Samuel L Jackson (ZeekLTK)

With
alive it takes
to lynch. Deadline is December 9 at 11:59 pm PST.

Not Voting – 5 – alvinz95, FourseenCircumstance, Haze, Lowell, Samuel L Jackson
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 774, Empking's Alt wrote:What theory talk?
Posts like this:
In post 752, Empking's Alt wrote:I think it is optimal scum play for free town points. Like a miller claim its probably true rather than a gambit; that doesn't mean you can rule out a gambit.

@Haze:
Mind you, I am not at all questioning the shot itself or when it was taken, but the apologetic nature that Lowell had when he took the shot. It seems out of character for Lowell.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:16 pm

Post by Lowell »

In post 775, Haze wrote:Toogeloo; about the Lowell shots you need to understand if he shot the Lynch leader at L-1 right before deadline where would that leave town?

While his Thomith shot was not perfect I don't think that shooting early in and of itself is scummy; if anyone was Modkilled for example they would stifle lowell's shot.

More to the point, I had an itchy trigger finger because the role PM is listed in the first post. I assumed that scum would try to (semi-)quicklynch if they could, to get a 2-for-1 in the event I hadn't used my kill yet (I thought this was a particular risk in the event that scum have pre-game chat). So I probably could have waited a bit longer, I guess, but really I felt like I was holding a hand-grenade with the pin removed.

I considered claiming and asking any KTs to come forward to help me out, but I figured that would open a million pages of meta-talk and debate, which is boring.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:18 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

If any form of quicklynch occured and the Day Vig died as a result (and flipped town), it would be highly suspicious of any of the quicklynchers, to be sure.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by Lowell »

vote alvinz
vote sam jackson

Sam came out all gangbusters, but I agree with zeekLTK that he's been coasting. When he entered he had a lot of pressure on him and seemed to be paying attention. Now the pressure's gone and so is his enthusiasm. Could be coincidence, could be intentional coasting.

alvinz need not spend his first few posts apologizing for his first few posts. His level of defensiveness doesn't fit; he knew what he was replacing into.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:24 pm

Post by Lowell »

In post 782, Toogeloo wrote:If any form of quicklynch occured and the Day Vig died as a result (and flipped town), it would be highly suspicious of any of the quicklynchers, to be sure.

Yeah, probably. But why chance that somehow they convince a couple newbie or inattentive town to join the wagon at the end.
Zeek
Zeek
Goon
Zeek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:06 am

Post by Zeek »

I do like lowell's reasonings, though i still say it was a terrible shot. I guess i will never know exactly what I would have done with the 'hand grenade' situation.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”