Mini 1159 - Powerrox93's Mini Normal I (Game Over)

Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Interesting set-up. Kinda reminds me of mine, which had a doc and back-up doc. IMO, bodyguard is an underused role. Haven't often seen it.
For the modding, it went pretty smoothly, though I don't think you need to be so strict.
I admit, imaginality had me almost completely fooled, though I'm pretty sure I would have voted for him in LyLo.

Somewhat happy with my play. Definitely need to get a bit more accurate though.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:13 am

Post by yabbaguy »

I played goon in a setup that was

goon/goon/GF
vs.
deputy/sane cop/insane cop/semi-elite* bodyguard/townies

Loved that one - mafia won because we kicked those cops out anyway very quickly. I'm surprised bodyguard isn't used as a fix for averting the doc -> cop scenario more often.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

Uncle Pain wrote:
Powerrox93
: Thank you a lot for modding this game! Regular vote counts, clear statements, intuitive rules, quick actions when there is need. I really don’t envy you for having had to look for so many replacements, I wish you more luck in this regard with your future games.

Thank you, the reason why I "spammed" this thread with VC's sometimes was to show that I'm here (When I'm not away :P)
bvoigt wrote:I like the setup. Doesn't a deputy actually reduce swinginess, though? Even if the cop dies early, you'll still have the backup getting results.
I think it could get a bit swingy when 1)Cop gets guilty, claims, dies and then 2) Deputy gets guilty, claims and dies

____

And I'm listening to what you said about me being to strict, and will take that into account in further modding
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Sorry I replaced out I didn't have the time.
You Are Worth It
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:06 am

Post by Uncle Pain »

yabbaguy wrote:Stefan, have a look at the yGDB in my sig. Although these two games don't go up there since I left (or maybe I'll mark them as such) - you'll notice how I'm constantly complaining about getting it wrong, blowing LyLos especially.

I think that’s partly due to the ever-changing meta of Mafia Scum. People don’t always play the same style, they evolve and adapt their play, even if it’s only a reaction to the style change of other players. I haven’t come far myself (eight games) but already now I think that I’ll never be a perfect player – there is far too much human factor in this game. This is what makes Mafia Scum frustrating, challenging and exciting at the same time.
I suggest you keep playing as long as it’s fun to you. Put the aspect of winning aside, it’s only about the fun.

StefanB wrote:Happy to see town win, apologies to all players and the mod for ever joining the game. I probably won't do it again.

This sounds like you’re about to quit from Mafia Scum as well? :/
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:06 am

Post by StefanB »

I planned to quit even before replacing out, but since joining a game yesterday, well let's just say, sometimes you don't do what whould be wise.
But Uncle Pain I thought me quiting would be a good think for most of the players after this game.
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:32 am

Post by Uncle Pain »

StefanB
: Why quit after this game? Your early Day 1 play led to several suspicions and complications but you turned the situation in your favour, you defended well when you were in “rage” and most of the town considered you a townie back then. Of course you can still get better, we all can – but it’s only possible by exercise, not by giving up. Or as Bertold Brecht said it: “Wer kämpft, kann verlieren. Wer nicht kämpft, hat schon verloren.” ;) Throwing in the towel should be the last resort when you realize that the game isn’t fun for you any more. Still, a single game should never have a major impact on your stance.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:06 am

Post by StefanB »

Uncle Pain: Thanks, I am still playing, but that was my worst game posible. What you call rage is my normal playingstille, if I am in a game.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:27 am

Post by Papa Zito »

fin.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”