Mini 902: Pick your Poison 4 (Game over!)

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:45 am

Post by Patrick »

Final Votecount

scotmany12 (1) -- ortolan
ortolan (3) -- scotmany12, Porochaz, CooLDoG
CooLDoG (1) -- Leech

Not voting: Nobody
5 alive, 3 to lynch.

-----------------------

CooLDoG seizes the opportunity to hammer ortolan after claiming for ages that he thinks scot is scum. It seems like the quicker you choose, the more likely you are to get it right, because ortolan's card flip reveals that he was indeed the last member of the mafia.

ortolan - Mafia Goon - lynched day 5

Town wins! Nightactions, comment etc later.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:06 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Good job town. CoolDog has got to be the most frustrating player to play with.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:08 am

Post by boberz »

I think Ortolan played pretty well, and I respect scott for finding him.

Superb.

Sorry about dicking around as doc for a bit and forcing that game day to be rushed at the end. I still dont really see how me coming out helped us there at all, the next day it would ahve been good.

I am sure you could have worked out that I saved Leech, I felt I had made it obvious.

---

Cooldog I have real issue with your play, I simply dont get it. Do you think you helped us win that game, or hinder us?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:10 am

Post by scotmany12 »

boberz wrote:I think Ortolan played pretty well, and I respect scott for finding him.

Superb.

Sorry about dicking around as doc for a bit and forcing that game day to be rushed at the end. I still dont really see how me coming out helped us there at all, the next day it would ahve been good.

I am sure you could have worked out that I saved Leech, I felt I had made it obvious.

---

Cooldog I have real issue with your play, I simply dont get it. Do you think you helped us win that game, or hinder us?
Honestly, I was actually leaning towards you as scum until you claimed doc. I don't remember why but I didn't get a doc vibe from you.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Patrick »

Nightactions

Night 1
Mafia kills Ellibereth
boberz protects ortolan
Yosarian2 protects farside22 (dies)
Ellibereth masonises Yosarian2

Night 2
Mafia kills Sajin
boberz protects Porochaz

Night 3
Mafia attempts to kill Leech
boberz protects Leech

Night 4
Mafia kills boberz
boberz protects Leech
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:54 am

Post by boberz »

I wouldnt have let myself be lynched scott. I am talking about if I had dies in the night.

Was a call for a claim really right there, I still dont get it.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:14 am

Post by Leech »

Ort was doing a pretty good job. Every time I was ready to vote for him he'd post something to make me reconsider. If was a fun game all around.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:35 am

Post by boberz »

Farside was unlucky and I missed most of RBT game.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Anon »

Both cooldog and leech were really annoying in their own playstyles, but very easy to read as town. Lynching cooldog would have been the most stupid thing ever.

Gratz people and bad luck scumbagos! Boberz definitely played good and scotmany redeemed himself. Porochaz was good enough to not fuck it up. While Farside got extremely unlucky and RBT, well, we know how it went.

I dont think ortolan did that well, tbh. Lurk less plz.

Nice modding Patrick. Eager to hear your comments about the game.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Patrick »

Well I really didn't understand why Anon got lynched, he seemed pretty obvtown. He already knows that, we exchanged PMs after his death.

I was glad to see slightly more argument on day 0 than in the previous games. I had a few concerns the janitor was too strong -- I considered weakening it by making it so that the role had a 50% chance of only being able to cover up a town alignment and 50% chance of only being able to cover up a scum alignment (obviously town would not know which). I think GF/Rolecop was a sensible combo for the town to choose. What I wasn't expecting was scum to put in Masoniser/Doctor/Weak Doctor; that struck me as the second worst choice behind cop/doc/weak doc. Maybe I'm overestimating the strength of having two docs in the game. I was expecting one doc role/masoniser/vig, or maybe even masoniser/vig/cop to avoid any protective roles at all.

Arguably farside should have used her GF immunity to weak doctors to ensure her safety; I can't remember off top of my head how many people had hypo'd protecting her, but I think she was generally trusted as town. Scum were always on the back foot once RBT went down, unfortunately. I did have a few times when I thought ortolan might sneak through to victory, but then he suddenly got lynched out of what seemed like nowhere, heh. Thanks to all for playing and hope you enjoyed it. Maybe a 5th version will appear sometime.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by boberz »

Cheers Patrick well done. Keep me in mind for replacements again, I enjoyed this game.

I dont really understand how cooldog was obv safe.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by boberz »

Btw, I am suprised both scott and anon were safe. I thought one was OMGUS the other at points during that argument. And I am glad I could be pretty safe on Leech because I was struggling to find people to trust.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:25 pm

Post by ortolan »

wtf I got lynched? That was screwed up. How come you didn't claim doc farside? I guess I'm relieved at not having to persist in an unwinnable situation. I was surprised that scot was so persistent on me all game, well done there.
scotmany wrote:Good job town. CoolDog has got to be the most frustrating player to play with.
Actually I think he was pretty helpful for town in his behaviour really, he was easy to read certainly.
Anon wrote:I dont think ortolan did that well, tbh. Lurk less plz.
I didn't deliberately lurk I was just kind of busy. And I often felt there wasn't much more I could post after farside died without totally committing myself to a position which would automatically get me lynched down the track.

I think farside forgetting to use her protection was a very very big factor in our loss, I don't think either of us would have been obvious targets after day one especially as Yos tried to protect her and would half confirm her. Well done to Poro for picking up those breadcrumbs. I still was surprised farside went down without claiming doc as we'd planned. If I'd been able to kill the doc that day I still think I had a decent chance. I killed Sajin because I was hunting the doc and was kind of lazy with rereading fully in order to do so, and also because I thought Poro would draw protection (and already knew from the rolecop that he was vanilla). Otherwise I would have killed him right away. I find it really strange it turned out boberz actually protected *me* the night I would have killed Poro, and then not Poro but Leech (who was also an attempt at killing the doctor). So yer if farside had claimed doc and been counter-claimed I could have kept a whole lot of mislynch targets alive rather than inadvertently killing vanilla townies who potentially could have been mislynched in the future. Alternatively if we hadn't lost the rolecop day one that could have helped us a fair bit too.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:31 pm

Post by boberz »

That first night was a simple, save who is safest thing. Remember I turned up as the day ended, it made it really hard.

I saved Leech because I thought he was going to die. So I consider that a score, but even then I was so confused every night.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:52 am

Post by CooLDoG »

good game all... Yes I always play like that... Ort was creeping up on my list and I wanted a lynch... It was a pretty fun game to say.
after a wank.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:59 am

Post by Porochaz »

CooLDoG wrote:good game all... Yes I always play like that... Ort was creeping up on my list and I wanted a lynch... It was a pretty fun game to say.
You play badly. Im sorry for being blunt but playing "erratically" is shit. You detract from the game for other players. You were lucky you werent lynched because you played anti town the whole time. You obviously don't read the game, which ironically saved you this time. However it is extremely frustrating to play with a player who knows there playing badly and revels in it.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Yay! Good game guys.
I thought it was Cooldog though, Ort was really good...
I'm very curious why I was shot N1, was it that obvious I was the mason thing?
FLASH OF GREEN
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by farside22 »

boberz wrote:Farside was unlucky and I missed most of RBT game.
I didn't look at the GF role corrrectly. I didn't realize I needed to activate it so the weak doc wouldn't die. Had I done that this game would have turned out very differently I think.
Bad choices. Sorry Ort
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by farside22 »

ortolan wrote:wtf I got lynched? That was screwed up. How come you didn't claim doc farside? I guess I'm relieved at not having to persist in an unwinnable situation. I was surprised that scot was so persistent on me all game, well done there.
I thought for a moment by claiming town (VT) instead of fake claiming would leave me alive. I was hopping somoene would say why would scum claim VT.
Oh well.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by farside22 »

Ellibereth wrote:Yay! Good game guys.
I thought it was Cooldog though, Ort was really good...
I'm very curious why I was shot N1, was it that obvious I was the mason thing?
I know how to read you when you have a PR. :P
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:27 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”