SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7725 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:29 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 7722, T S O wrote:You have got to see why I'm scumreading you: your reasons to call me scum are just reaching across chasms.

How so?
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7726 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:29 am

Post by Imperium »

Because I don't have an entire scumteam pegged and ready as soon as you ask for one? Because that is absolute bullshit.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7727 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:30 am

Post by T S O »

I don't actually have the heart to kill that statement because, to an extent, it's true. Like this game. I'm town and for months I was neither active nor aggressive.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7728 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:32 am

Post by Imperium »

Why did Peregrine lurk so much Day 1 if we were scumpartners? Why did I bus him day 1? Why is TWIE lurking if he's my scum partner and we are behind? Why, in your iteration of the scumteam, is everyone not posting shit but I'm hauling ass and have been hauling ass for the entire game?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7729 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:32 am

Post by Imperium »

oh I must be town your case on me is horrible teehee
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7730 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:33 am

Post by T S O »

In post 7725, Imperium wrote:
In post 7722, T S O wrote:You have got to see why I'm scumreading you: your reasons to call me scum are just reaching across chasms.

How so?

In post 7726, Imperium wrote:Because I don't have an entire scumteam pegged and ready as soon as you ask for one? Because that is absolute bullshit.

No.
I laid out there how the current gamestate doesn't actually make sense for TSO-scum.
Your response was "oh well guess scum ain't playing optimally".

I am -trying- to take the initiative with this game. No-one has actually done so today because everyone seems to think a TSO lynch is happening. It's not on the cards today. It's even more difficult to take the initiative when you have to constantly field attacks from members of the Church of Holy Duality of Jesus and Confirmation Bias (ZeL1nk, MS). Yet I'm still doing it. And your response to it is "well he can do that as scum too."
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7731 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:34 am

Post by T S O »

In post 7728, Imperium wrote:Why did Peregrine lurk so much Day 1 if we were scumpartners? Why did I bus him day 1? Why is TWIE lurking if he's my scum partner and we are behind? Why, in your iteration of the scumteam, is everyone not posting shit but I'm hauling ass and have been hauling ass for the entire game?

Ask yourself these questions about me?
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7732 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:35 am

Post by T S O »

You're not hauling ass today. You're pushing scum-me. You haven't even considered, I don't know, letting mastin clear me tonight. You're randomly hellbent on getting me dead when you don't have any really good reasons for doing so.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7733 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:36 am

Post by T S O »

It has never been particularly clear to me how in fact you knew PV was scum; it certainly didn't seem like it was from information solely in this thread. Whether that's from both being scum or having extensive meta, I do not know. Neither of those resources were at hand for me.
-Marquis
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7734 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:41 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 7730, T S O wrote:
In post 7725, Imperium wrote:

How so?

In post 7726, Imperium wrote:Because I don't have an entire scumteam pegged and ready as soon as you ask for one? Because that is absolute bullshit.

No.
I laid out there how the current gamestate doesn't actually make sense for TSO-scum.
Your response was "oh well guess scum ain't playing optimally".

I am -trying- to take the initiative with this game. No-one has actually done so today because everyone seems to think a TSO lynch is happening. It's not on the cards today. It's even more difficult to take the initiative when you have to constantly field attacks from members of the Church of Holy Duality of Jesus and Confirmation Bias (ZeL1nk, MS). Yet I'm still doing it. And your response to it is "well he can do that as scum too."

I'm waiting for you to take initiative with the game. You still haven't. You keep calling the case on you shit without reasponding to it, which us a problem. Your current push doesn't actually have any reasons behind it, only "he could be scum because he doesn't make sense", which shows a lack of critical thinking. Yes, you can do this as scum. You've done a lot of things I consider to be scummy and that don't make sense from you as town. If you can show me that these things do make sense from you as town (and much more sense than they do from you as scum), I will back off. If you make meaningful pushes on people I think could possibly be (or probably are) scum, I will back off. I won't back off because you tell me the case is bad. I won't back off because you're complaining people are pushing you too hard for little reason, I don't give a shit about that. And, I won't back off because "gamestate implies you aren't scum" because the gamestate is stalled to shit and that affects very dramatically how much resistance is shown and how difficult a lynch is to push through.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7735 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:41 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 7724, Imperium wrote:I don't find it particularly unlikely that vezok would get bored of waiting for a lynch and vote someone to set himself up for an "I told you so" the next day. His actions occasionally lack consistency not because he's scum, but because he doesn't approach the game the same way many other players do and instead ends up doing things on impulse (like TD, but smaller scale and less bad).

ok...

you can play devils advocate on any of these and most stuff can cut both ways if you really want it to. but i think the lynch for today is hardly decided yet and if you REALLY wanted a mastin/us lynch you would keep going. this hardly seems like the time you would fold, especially with so many people not voting and sitting on their hands.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7736 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:45 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 7731, T S O wrote:
In post 7728, Imperium wrote:Why did Peregrine lurk so much Day 1 if we were scumpartners? Why did I bus him day 1? Why is TWIE lurking if he's my scum partner and we are behind? Why, in your iteration of the scumteam, is everyone not posting shit but I'm hauling ass and have been hauling ass for the entire game?

Ask yourself these questions about me?

I asked those questions because they're dumb questions to ask. You not having answers to those questions doesn't mean jack shit about my alignment: lacking the full picture doesn't mean you don't have pieces to it.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7737 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:46 am

Post by T S O »

My push on vezok has multiple prongs. Here's one:

-I do not understand why vezok thought our hood was town. More specifically, me. No idea why. I do not think vezok wanted members of our hood flipping. I think that the reason everyone is so gung-ho on their neighbourhood being town is because town believe it and scum worry about their neighbourhood being culled and exposing them. I do not see any reason for vezok to believe it, ergo the scum-explanation for that action is a lot more likely to me.
-Marquis
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7738 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:51 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 7733, T S O wrote:It has never been particularly clear to me how in fact you knew PV was scum; it certainly didn't seem like it was from information solely in this thread. Whether that's from both being scum or having extensive meta, I do not know. Neither of those resources were at hand for me.

I pushed PV because he was useless and I had town reads elsewhere. I didn't have a particularly strong scum read on him.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7739 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:52 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 7735, Heartless wrote:
In post 7724, Imperium wrote:I don't find it particularly unlikely that vezok would get bored of waiting for a lynch and vote someone to set himself up for an "I told you so" the next day. His actions occasionally lack consistency not because he's scum, but because he doesn't approach the game the same way many other players do and instead ends up doing things on impulse (like TD, but smaller scale and less bad).

ok...

you can play devils advocate on any of these and most stuff can cut both ways if you really want it to. but i think the lynch for today is hardly decided yet and if you REALLY wanted a mastin/us lynch you would keep going. this hardly seems like the time you would fold, especially with so many people not voting and sitting on their hands.

Trying to push a lynch when everybody is just sitting on their hands refusing to do anything is much more disheartening than pushing a lynch when everyone is active, even if they're actively disagreeing with you.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7740 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:53 am

Post by Imperium »

I'm not intending to play devil's advocate: I'm trying to point out that your approach to vezok is flawed and your read is suffering as a result.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7741 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:58 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 7737, T S O wrote:My push on vezok has multiple prongs. Here's one:

-I do not understand why vezok thought our hood was town. More specifically, me. No idea why. I do not think vezok wanted members of our hood flipping. I think that the reason everyone is so gung-ho on their neighbourhood being town is because town believe it and scum worry about their neighbourhood being culled and exposing them. I do not see any reason for vezok to believe it, ergo the scum-explanation for that action is a lot more likely to me.

Can you see vezok-town reading House and Beast as town in your neighborhood?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7742 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:04 am

Post by T S O »

Beast claimed town, yes. House, possibly. I can see reasons for and against. Me, no.
-Marquis
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7743 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:14 am

Post by Imperium »

That's... a strange argument to make. There are plenty of egregious misreads in most games I've played in, there are plenty of reads made with not enough information... Your posting seems lazy, nonchalant early game which I can see some people viewing as town. I'd also imagine that you posted something in the neighborhood, meaning that you could post something that could be town read, meaning I have trouble understanding why the vezok read on you would be unacceptable.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7744 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:17 am

Post by T S O »

I posted stuff, but I disagree with it being townreadable.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7745 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:18 am

Post by T S O »

Even if it was, how did vezok go on to declare his neighbourhood was town if he didn't have a
strong
read on me? Maybe it was a mild townread, somehow, but not a strong one.
-Marquis
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7746 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:19 am

Post by ooba »

Somebody asked me if I thought all the scum were in those three heavy lurkers, I'd say no.

Town
2. Metal Sonic (or equivalent in this case)
14. FourTrouble
16. Imperium (Tammy and Nacho)
21. Magua iHouse (House and Eyestott), House
25. Heartless (TellTaleHeart and Antihero) VysePresident
8. Zel1nk TiphaineDeath

Even Milder
3. Mastin2 Dcane
5. Theaceofspade
22. vezokpiraka

Even lesser - I'm not sure why
10. ZZZX
4. Skybird BRantz

Not sure
7. TheWayItEnds Aeronaut, -Blonde-
24. Xombie
20. T S O
12. Farside22
23. Espeonage Bitmap

I would lynch Esp\Farside over TSO today. Interactions\positions\posting (or lack thereof) today seem to fit the scum profile.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7747 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:20 am

Post by T S O »

Hey, ooba, how'd you go from MS-racist to MS-top townread? I get that was days ago, but the point stands.
-Marquis
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7748 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:21 am

Post by Imperium »

"Or equivalent in this case".
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7749 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:21 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 7745, T S O wrote:Even if it was, how did vezok go on to declare his neighbourhood was town if he didn't have a
strong
read on me? Maybe it was a mild townread, somehow, but not a strong one.

Why did he need a strong read on you to declare the neighborhood all town?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”