Mini 679 - BSG: The Basestar (Game Over!)

destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:42 am

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

Rishi (4)
- Knight of Cydonia, iamausername, Farkshinsoup, forbiddanlight
andersonw (1)
- camn

Not voting (6) - Flask of Pestilence, Rishi, Elmo, andersonw, Grimmy, Kison

Six
votes to lynch.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:39 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

And now you misrep your own posts. As I undderstand it, your main problem with me was the fact I rolefished and asked for claims - perhaps not the smartest thing to do, in hindsight, but still - now you're claiming that rolefishing isn't the main point of your argument?
@KoC
a) How does this lessen Fark's claim? Fark could easily have RB'ed Rishi-town OR Rishi-scum with OR without a Doc.
b) Does Doc claiming ensure Doc death? Almost always.
c) is his death worth YOUR peace of mind re: Fark??
a)I didn't ask specifically for a Doc claim. I asked for anyone who might have a claim that contradicted that of Fark's.
b) Yes, it does, but no-one has claimed one, and also, see a).
c) Again, I didn't ask for a Doc claim, so your mis-representative focus onto Doc claims specifically is pointless.
And how am I saving my own skin? My lynch is nearly inevitable at this point.

Emphasis on 'nearly'. Are you honestly telling me you're giving up with more than 2 weeks to deadline? Stop trying to turn yourself into a martyr before the lynch is even close.
After people agreed it was a bad play, you IGNORED the issue. I don't see the difference between saying that you stopped asking for a claim and ignoring the issue.
People agreed it was bad play. I stopped doing it. Just because I didn't specifically post "Okay, I'm not asking for claims any more", doesn't mean I ignored the issue - it just means I didn't try and blow it out of proportion, like you are. It was bad play, I stopped it, end of.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:50 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I apologize for not posting for so long. I haven't found much to comment on since it appears to me Rishi is just digging deeper and everyone is calling him out on it before I can. I'll try to do better with this.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:47 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

forbiddanlight wrote:I haven't found much to comment on since it appears to me Rishi is just digging deeper and everyone is calling him out on it before I can. I'll try to do better with this.
What she said.
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:54 am

Post by andersonw »

camn wrote:What is there in 712 to even respond to?
Why would you stand on such a thin, thin, point?
Do you also want a "counter claim" to Fark? (as if this is an open setup!)
1. Rishi made a point against KoC and asked him a question, and in his post 712, KoC responded. In Rishi's next post, two days later, he didn't respond to it, which could mean that he either didn't read KoC's post or wasn't pushing the case any further (which was very unlikely). (and questions aren't the only thing to respond to).
2. Huh?
3. No, because it still wouldn't confirm Rishi as scum or town either way, and it would out a possible power role.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:18 am

Post by camn »

OK, then.

anderson, Could you respond to Rishi's 746?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:13 am

Rishi's 746 was aimed at me, camn, AFAIK, and I addressed his points.
WHy are you so determined to help Rishi out, and to direct his questions at people they aren't aimed at, camn?
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by andersonw »

camn wrote:OK, then.

anderson, Could you respond to Rishi's 746?
Could you explain your second question?

Also, by "respond", do you mean "give my opinions"? (since as KoC already said, it was directed at him).
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:15 pm

Post by camn »

anderson asked Rishi a question in 737, which Rishi responded to in 746.. in anderson's next post, many days later, he didn't address it, which means he either didn't READ Rishi's post, or just wasn't persuing the case any further.

Either way, andersonw is At BEST very lazy, and at worst very scummy. Oh, and questions aren't the only thing to respond to!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:10 am

WHy are you so determined to help Rishi out, and to direct his questions at people they aren't aimed at, camn?
The first part of this still stands, camn - why so interested in keeping Rishi alive?
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:40 am

Post by andersonw »

camn wrote:anderson asked Rishi a question in 737, which Rishi responded to in 746.. in anderson's next post, many days later, he didn't address it, which means he either didn't READ Rishi's post, or just wasn't persuing the case any further.

Either way, andersonw is At BEST very lazy, and at worst very scummy. Oh, and questions aren't the only thing to respond to!
I asked Rishi to respond to KoC's post...
So he did...
How do I address the fact that he responded to KoC? Do I say "thanks" or something? :roll:

Now, addressing the content of Rishi's post is a different matter, so do you want me to respond to what Rishi actually said to KoC? In that case, if you accuse me of being lazy for not responding, then everyone else (besides KoC), including you, would be lazy for not responding.
(also, could you answer my two questions from my previous post?)

[offtopic]And thanks for the sarcasm. It obviously gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. [/sarcasm]
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by camn »

Knight of Cydonia wrote: The first part of this still stands, camn - why so interested in keeping Rishi alive?
Im not. I am also not interested in keeping anderson alive.
andersonw wrote: ...
So he did...
How do I address the fact that he responded to KoC? Do I say "thanks" or something? :roll:
My point is this.....
You mimic Rishi in this case.
Rishi called out KoC.. and CORRECTLY, I might add.
KoC responded.
then you, out of basically nowhere.. ask Rishi to respond to KoC's response. Did YOU want HIM to say "thanks" or something?
KoC later ADMITTED that it was bad play to ask for the claim.. so the question, (#2) stands... what were YOU thinking calling Rishi out like that? You never responded when he addressed it.
I read it is classic scum distancing.
You see a case on your buddy popping up, so you try and "get in" on the hunt by latching on to KoC's case. the problem is this: is was a poor point. Rishi was CORRECT in calling out KoC for fishing. you picked the wrong point to latch on to.
andersonw wrote: Now, addressing the content of Rishi's post is a different matter, so do you want me to respond to what Rishi actually said to KoC? In that case, if you accuse me of being lazy for not responding, then everyone else (besides KoC), including you, would be lazy for not responding.
(also, could you answer my two questions from my previous post?)
I don't care what you do. You wanted Rishi to respond to a response. You should be willing to do the same.
andersonw wrote: [offtopic]And thanks for the sarcasm. It obviously gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. [/sarcasm]
I'm not being sarcastic. I asked you, almost verbatim, to do something you asked someone else to do. You failed to do it.. . because it doesn't make sense. Just like your initial press on Rishi doesn't make sense... you are latching on to someone else's weak case for some reason. Probably scum distancing. Maybe scum faux-hunting on an innocent.

Which is it?
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by andersonw »

camn wrote:
andersonw wrote: ...
So he did...
My point is this.....
You mimic Rishi in this case.
Rishi called out KoC.. and CORRECTLY, I might add.
KoC responded.
then you, out of basically nowhere.. ask Rishi to respond to KoC's response. Did YOU want HIM to say "thanks" or something?
KoC later ADMITTED that it was bad play to ask for the claim.. so the question, (#2) stands... what were YOU thinking calling Rishi out like that? You never responded when he addressed it.
I read it is classic scum distancing.
You see a case on your buddy popping up, so you try and "get in" on the hunt by latching on to KoC's case. the problem is this: is was a poor point. Rishi was CORRECT in calling out KoC for fishing. you picked the wrong point to latch on to.
How is asking someone to respond to someone's point considered as attacking them?
It doesn't matter whether it was a bad point or not. The point (no pun intended) is that KoC responded to Rishi, and Rishi made a post two days later without responding to his post, so I wanted to know what he thought about it.
Also, "classic scum distancing"? What does that mean? That this has happened before and the person who did it turned out to be scum?
I'll get to the rest, and give my thoughts on his post, tomorrow (I do see a rhetorical question in your post, thanks for that).
It would also be good if Rishi could give his opinions on this. Were you planning on making more posts against KoC?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by camn »

andersonw wrote: How is asking someone to respond to someone's point considered as attacking them?
Did I say it was? More importantly.. WERE YOU? Were you or weren't you attacking Rishi? Do you or don't you think he is scum?
andersonw wrote: It doesn't matter whether it was a bad point or not. The point (no pun intended) is that KoC responded to Rishi, and Rishi made a post two days later without responding to his post, so I wanted to know what he thought about it.
And I want to know what YOU think about it. But you don't have an opinion, I guess.
andersonw wrote: Also, "classic scum distancing"? What does that mean? That this has happened before and the person who did it turned out to be scum?
We are playing mafia, right? (now THAT is sarcasm! :)) Answer: YES. Scum have bussed their partners before. Scum have seen that other scum were going down, and tried to 'distance' themselves from the person...
andersonw wrote: I'll get to the rest, and give my thoughts on his post, tomorrow (I do see a rhetorical question in your post, thanks for that).
You are welcome. Though.. I asked three questions, none of which you answered. Here is a fourth.. which question are you ignoring as "rhetorical" and which are you just ignoring?
andersonw wrote: It would also be good if Rishi could give his opinions on this. Were you planning on making more posts against KoC?
I, too, want Rishi to step up his game here.
And if KoC acts scummy, I will certainly make more posts against him. You and Rishi are acting MUCH more scummy than him right now, though, so I think I will leave him alone for now.
You, however, I will not leave alone.
I ask questions for a reason. Sometimes they have easy answers.... like "yes" or "no". I ask them so that later, if you are scum, you will be forced to keep your positions straight. This is a common technique. When you avoid answering them, it looks scummy to me. Like you UNDERSTAND that what you write now may be used against you later.. and you want to avoid that.

Townies generally don't have this problem. They can answer simple questions easily.. . not worrying about how it might look later on.

So, for clarity, let me sum up my unanswered questions to andersonw:

1) Did YOU want HIM to say "thanks" or something? (re:737)
2) what WERE you thinking calling Rishi out like that? (re:737)
3) Which is it? Distancing or Faux-hunting? (these first 3 all go to the same question..... why did you post 737? What were you thinking? what did you hope to see? )
4) Do you have an opinion on Rishi's response? (you had enough of an opinion to ASK for the response...)
5) IS RISHI SCUM?
6) Why do you find it difficult to answer these questions?

>whew<
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by Elmo »

Rishi needs more player-by-player. (Iam would be kind of nice, too.)
Anderson would be a good pick for Kison to target. Or Grimmy. Mmm?
Tarhalindur wrote:Why are you worrying about a quicklynch when a) Timeater is at L-3 and b) a quicklynch at L-2 would almost certainly reveal two scum on Day 1? I need to take a closer look at you sometime soon. FoS: MacavityLock
Tarhalindur wrote:Wow. Just, wow. All that effort just to dance around saying whether or not you think Timeater is scum? I need to take a MUCH closer look at you once we've dealt with more immediate problems (read: Timeater and *maybe* KingEnigma*), especially if/when Timeater turns up scum. HoS: MacavityLock
This still looks absolutely terrible in retrospect.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:51 am

Post by Rishi »

Sorry for not posting in a few days. Will get caught up in the next day or so.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:46 am

Post by Grimmy »

got the prod, even though I posted I would be away and rishi poked fun at me because of it.

RL work first, Scum hunting later.

Grimmy
typical grimmy posting..I know.. I know..
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I'm focusing my efforts on another game that I've neglected (even more than this one) at the moment, but I am here, and hope to be a bit more involved in the next few days.
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm still around, but there's so little to comment on. I think Rishi just needs to be lynched.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:56 am

Post by andersonw »

camn wrote:
andersonw wrote: How is asking someone to respond to someone's point considered as attacking them?
Did I say it was? More importantly.. WERE YOU? Were you or weren't you attacking Rishi? Do you or don't you think he is scum?
Yes, you implied it by saying I was trying to "get in on the hunt" and I was "calling Rishi out"
No, I was not (that is also implied by the fact that I asked the question). I have already explained why I asked the question in post 754.
Yes, I think he is scum (I have already said that before, though, but apparently, you didn't see it)
camn wrote:
andersonw wrote: It doesn't matter whether it was a bad point or not. The point (no pun intended) is that KoC responded to Rishi, and Rishi made a post two days later without responding to his post, so I wanted to know what he thought about it.
And I want to know what YOU think about it. But you don't have an opinion, I guess.
Well, if you want to answer for me, go ahead...
Please clarify what you mean (my opinion hasn't changed than in my last few posts).
camn wrote:
andersonw wrote: Also, "classic scum distancing"? What does that mean? That this has happened before and the person who did it turned out to be scum?
We are playing mafia, right? (now THAT is sarcasm! :)) Answer: YES. Scum have bussed their partners before. Scum have seen that other scum were going down, and tried to 'distance' themselves from the person...
I already said that I was not attacking Rishi by asking him to respond to KoC's post. You are saying that my post was "distancing", how exactly?
camn wrote:
andersonw wrote: I'll get to the rest, and give my thoughts on his post, tomorrow (I do see a rhetorical question in your post, thanks for that).
You are welcome. Though.. I asked three questions, none of which you answered. Here is a fourth.. which question are you ignoring as "rhetorical" and which are you just ignoring?
I said "I'll get to the rest"
The rhetorical question was "are you scum, or are you scum?" (the last question of your post). I thought that the, "did you want him to say thanks?" was also rhetorical, because I didn't understand how it would make a difference.
camn wrote:
andersonw wrote: It would also be good if Rishi could give his opinions on this. Were you planning on making more posts against KoC?
I, too, want Rishi to step up his game here.
And if KoC acts scummy, I will certainly make more posts against him. You and Rishi are acting MUCH more scummy than him right now, though, so I think I will leave him alone for now.
I was directing that question towards Rishi, about whether he was planning on making a post against KoC after his post 746 (notice the past tense).
camn wrote:You, however, I will not leave alone.
I ask questions for a reason. Sometimes they have easy answers.... like "yes" or "no". I ask them so that later, if you are scum, you will be forced to keep your positions straight. This is a common technique. When you avoid answering them, it looks scummy to me. Like you UNDERSTAND that what you write now may be used against you later.. and you want to avoid that.

Townies generally don't have this problem. They can answer simple questions easily.. . not worrying about how it might look later on.
I'll respond to this in another post, coming later.
camn wrote: So, for clarity, let me sum up my unanswered questions to andersonw:

1) Did YOU want HIM to say "thanks" or something? (re:737)
2) what WERE you thinking calling Rishi out like that? (re:737)
3) Which is it? Distancing or Faux-hunting? (these first 3 all go to the same question..... why did you post 737? What were you thinking? what did you hope to see? )
4) Do you have an opinion on Rishi's response? (you had enough of an opinion to ASK for the response...)
5) IS RISHI SCUM?
6) Why do you find it difficult to answer these questions?
1. No, I don't know why you would think that (what is the point of this question?)
2. already explained
3. This question is equivalent to "are you scum, or are you scum?". The answer is no (or neither).
(and I already explained why I posted 737).
4. I'll also get to this in another post (not now, though, my parents are yelling at me, and answering this question probably deserves another post anyways)
5. YES I SAID THIS IN POST 715 ALREADY
6. Loaded question (what is the point of this question, too?)

<whew>
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:59 am

Post by andersonw »

Oh, and
Vote: Rishi
L-1 now (are you going to call me on distancing if Rishi turns up scum, and wagoning+other scummy stuff if he turns up town?)

(btw, that was rhetorical)
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:07 am

Post by andersonw »

Actually, that's probably a bad idea, don't want anyone to hammer before Kison gets an investigation in, etc.
unvote

I also apologize for the pointless question in the last post, I'm kind of mad right now, as you can probably tell.
(and I apologize for the triple post).
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by iamausername »

Yeah, it's like we're in twilight, except we're waiting for Kison to do his investigatory vote-hopping instead of waiting for the mod to post the lynch scene.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Kison »

Hi.

I had started the reread yesterday, but I was interrupted. Sorry. Had planned to have it finished before Sunday ended.

Anyway... Spam alert.

Unvote

Vote: forbiddanlight
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote