sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:15 am

Post by sottyrulez »

We investigated Xscorpion and got no result.

In light of shotty flipping gf, it actually makes sense that the scum might want us to get a result on him if they presumed we would investigate him.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:39 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Anyway, here's our suspicions ordered from most to least suspect.

Lynchmepls
xscorpion
ghostwriter
mallowgeno (GW and Mallow are interchangable. Both are unconfirmed.)
Coach travis (Who we are treating as confirmed even though he's not.)
starbuck (confirmed by investigation.)

We're going to look at the past lynch wagons before we decide where the best place for our vote is...

While we do that a couple of things that are important.

Mallow: Did you use your power last night?

Ghostwriter, I'm also interested in your night actions now. Can you document them to us?
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:45 am

Post by LimMePls »

Why are you treating Coach Travis confirmed? I'm thinking he is the last scum. Look at him in ISO. Pay particular attention to how he never mentions D3x or Shotty until he has to. Add that to the mountain of reasons I've already posted before for why he is scum and I think it's pretty obvious.

And why isn't GW confirmed? GW counterclaimed the scum, and we learned that the scum was lying. Doesn't that mean GW is what he says he is?

I'm pretty sure CT lynch = gg.

Vote: Coach Travis
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:47 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Mod just send me a pm with my investigation result on xscorpion. We got an innocent on him.

Modifying the list in light of this.

Lynchmepls
ghostwriter
mallowgeno (GW and Mallow are interchangable. Both are unconfirmed.)
starbuck (confirmed by investigation.)
xscorpion (confirmed by investigation.)
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:47 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Mallow, you can disregard the question to you in 751 now as it no longer applies.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:49 am

Post by LimMePls »

Not only does CT never mention d3x until the investigation result is announced, he even admits it and gives his "reason" for not mentioning him (d3x was lurking). Why does he feel the need to defend himself for having never mentioned d3x before? He is the first to vote shotty, but we all know he was the lynch, so it was a pretty easy bus.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:54 am

Post by sottyrulez »

LynchMePls wrote:Why are you treating Coach Travis confirmed? I'm thinking he is the last scum. Look at him in ISO. Pay particular attention to how he never mentions D3x or Shotty until he has to. Add that to the mountain of reasons I've already posted before for why he is scum and I think it's pretty obvious.
Show your work or you're just making empty accusations.
LynchMePls wrote:And why isn't GW confirmed? GW counterclaimed the scum, and we learned that the scum was lying. Doesn't that mean GW is what he says he is?
The circumstances work very well in his favor, but it's not impossible that the interaction was scum/scum. That's what we would call a gambit for town cred. Mind you, I'm not saying it's paticularly likely, I just think it's important to note that he's not actually cleared persay.
LynchMePls wrote:I'm pretty sure CT lynch = gg.

Again, show you work.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:56 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Prior to the result on d3x, no one else outside of sottyrulez was paticularly interested in him.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:52 am

Post by LimMePls »

sottyrulez wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:Why are you treating Coach Travis confirmed? I'm thinking he is the last scum. Look at him in ISO. Pay particular attention to how he never mentions D3x or Shotty until he has to. Add that to the mountain of reasons I've already posted before for why he is scum and I think it's pretty obvious.
Show your work or you're just making empty accusations.
LynchMePls wrote:And why isn't GW confirmed? GW counterclaimed the scum, and we learned that the scum was lying. Doesn't that mean GW is what he says he is?
The circumstances work very well in his favor, but it's not impossible that the interaction was scum/scum. That's what we would call a gambit for town cred. Mind you, I'm not saying it's paticularly likely, I just think it's important to note that he's not actually cleared persay.
LynchMePls wrote:I'm pretty sure CT lynch = gg.

Again, show you work.
ISO me. I'm not typing it all out again. I've made a damned good case on CT and it still holds.

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:54 am

Post by LimMePls »

sottyrulez wrote:Mod just send me a pm with my investigation result on xscorpion. We got an innocent on him.
Explain please. What died CT do to be treated as confirmed? Why is GW a possible "gambit" but CT is being treated as confirmed.

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:54 am

Post by LimMePls »

EBWOP: died = did

V/LA on weekends
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:05 am

Post by sottyrulez »

It's not anything HE'S done as much as it is the fact that d3x was paticularly interested in his lynch.

More specifically, d3x iso post 5 is the main reason that I think coach travis is town. The case he makes on Coach Travis misreps and misquotes Coach Travis in full context, and his tone in the post in reaction is pretty gleeful, which doesn't seem like the reaction you'd get from scum bussing their buddy.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:20 am

Post by LimMePls »

sottyrulez wrote:It's not anything HE'S done as much as it is the fact that d3x was paticularly interested in his lynch.

More specifically, d3x iso post 5 is the main reason that I think coach travis is town. The case he makes on Coach Travis misreps and misquotes Coach Travis in full context, and his tone in the post in reaction is pretty gleeful, which doesn't seem like the reaction you'd get from scum bussing their buddy.
But this is what doesn't make sense. You say CT is basically confirmed based on his interaction with d3x, but you also say that the GW/shotty interaction doesn't prove anything because it could be a scum gambit. Of the two, the more likely I see is that d3x was bussing a partner. There are a lot more reasons for d3x to bus CT in that situation, then there are for scum-GW to counterclaim shotty.

For instance, d3x's observations/vote on CT doesn't come until there were already 4 votes on CT. Furthermore, pretty much everything d3x says about CT is a straight up barn of what I'd already pointed out. Lastly, look at CT's reaction to d3x's vote, in particular to contrast with his reaction to others. I don't think scum-CT could be any clearer.

Also interesting is how CT claims to like sotty's play, but then questions the sotty's cop claim at the beginning of D2. Here are the posts, one where he likes sotty, and the next where he questions the cop claim:
Coach Travis wrote:Alright,, I realize I've spent way too much time on the defensive, so now I'll give my thoughts on some players, and recent stuff.

First off, I like sottyrulez:His latest post was really good, exactly the type of thing I like to see, as he shares thoughts on several players, giving good ideas of who he finds suspicious and why, and who isn't so suspicious. Plus he ended with a vote, and I liked that one as well, trying to start something on a player who's been relatively unnoticed so far. Town read for him so far. Also, nice to see someone else got the same vibe out of Taz.

Also good to see GhostWriter with a much better post after being called out. I'm really not sure of him so far though, as he hasn't really done enough for me to get a read, but it was good to see him attempt scumhunting in his last post. Though I don't really agree with the case on Xscorpion, he doesn't seem tremendously scummy to me.

I agree that Starbuck is getting a bit ridiculous. I realize she's away, but if she has the time to make as many silly posts as has, she has time for content. Only reason she wouldn't want to contribute is if she's scum. I'll give her time to see if she picks it up when her vacation's over, but so far she seems scummy.
This is a gem of a post. After getting pushed to 5 votes, CT finally decides to "give my thoughts on some players". And what does he go on to do? Give 1 town read, 1 wishy-washy fence sitting null-ish read, and point out a lurker that everyone else was already talking about. And now, after sotty claims cop with a guilty, here is CT:
Coach Travis wrote:I know I've liked Sotty so far, but I don't know I if believe the claim. I have no reason not to trust him, the biggest problem I have is that day two is way too early to give yourself away, unless the town makes the mistake of wagoning on you and you get to L-1. The start of a day is not the right time, unless it's near the end of the game. With that being said, I'm interested to see what happens from here.
So when was the last time you had a town read on a player, and then when he claimed town you questioned his claim? Does not compute.

All the evidence is there folks. CT is scum.

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:21 am

Post by LimMePls »

Please note people that d3x's "case" on CT was pretty much just a copy of all the things I'd already pointed out about CT. Then, when the CT wagon loses steam, we never see d3x push the case on him further, nor do we see CT try and refute d3x's points.

V/LA on weekends
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:32 am

Post by XScorpion »

6 town, 1 scum.
If we miss, 4 town 1 scum
If we miss, 2 town 1 scum.
If we miss, lose.
So...we have 3 shots, and hopefully some more investigations from sotty.
CT, Mallow, LMP are my top picks (I think GW is confirmed). Lynch order does not matter IMO.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:44 am

Post by sottyrulez »

we have 4 slots that technically aren't confirmed.

I'd probably go LMP, Coach Travis, Ghostwriter though. I can't see Mallow being scum at this point.

LMP makes points about Coach Travis, but I really don't think he's scum. (Plus when we claimed, LMP basically ignored the claim, which seems consistant with scum panicing on the claim.)

Vote: Lynchmepls
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:46 am

Post by XScorpion »

That counterclaim gives GW uber town points in my book. I never did believe Mallow was pro-town. He sure as hell doesn't act like it.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:14 am

Post by LimMePls »

sottyrulez wrote:we have 4 slots that technically aren't confirmed.

I'd probably go LMP, Coach Travis, Ghostwriter though. I can't see Mallow being scum at this point.

LMP makes points about Coach Travis, but I really don't think he's scum. (Plus when we claimed, LMP basically ignored the claim, which seems consistant with scum panicing on the claim.)

Vote: Lynchmepls
I never said anything about your claim because I believed it. What did you want me to say? D2 starts, you claim cop with a guilty, and ask for CCs. I couldn't CC you, and you hadn't revealed your target yet, so what was I supposed to say. When you did reveal your target, I agreed with you about the lynch. What exactly did I do here that you have a problem with? How was it any different than other townies? The only people I recall getting weird about your claim have been scum.

V/LA on weekends
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:39 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

Vote Count

Coach Travis
- 2 - LynchMePls, XScorpion
LynchMePls
- 1 - sottyrulez
Not Voting
- 4 - Coach Travis, Starbuck, GhostWriter, mallowgeno

Seven alive, Four votes to lynch

I'll be away this weekend, but a stand-in mod will be here in my place.
Last edited by CallMeLiam on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:45 am

Post by LimMePls »

Ok, I just got a PM from CML clarifying something for me, so I feel good about doing this:

Claim: Winston Zeddemore

I was a newbie ghostbuster who was a backup. As such, I had no powers to start with, but when the first ghostbuster died, I gained his powers. As jason was Ray Stanz, and jason died last night, I've inherited his powers. He had three abilities, 1-shot each. They were doc (with a twist), bodyguard, and a power that pulls all targeted abilities to himself (I'll get back to this in a second).

The 1-shot doc had 1 downside, if used on scum then Ray would die instead. Since he used it on sotty, we know sotty isn't scum (big surprise there, but even further confirming it is good). He used the bodyguard last night on sotty, and I'm assuming that is why he died instead of sotty.

The fiinal power (which I've now inherited) when used will make all targeted actions target the user instead of their original target. So, what I propose is we lynch CT. If by some miracle that doesn't end the game, I'll use my lightning rod power tonight. That means sotty's investigate won't work (because it'll target me), but it'll pull the mafia kill to me as well. Since some of you are suspicious of me, that'll help us out, by eliminating me from the suspect pool, and we'll still have 2 lynches left. I think it'd be damn near impossible to lose from that position.

V/LA on weekends
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:50 am

Post by XScorpion »

Works for me.
CT lynch time?
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:05 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Holy crap.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:08 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Well the role is confirmable... and if LMP can be confirmed, we just lynch CT, Mallow, and Ghostwriter in any order and it should be a town win.

Unvote: Vote: Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:48 am

Post by Coach Travis »

Crap, knew my day 1 actions would come up again sooner or later. I really just wasn't impressed with d3x on day one, and couldn't get a read on him because he was lurking so much, and the case on me did seem forced. I did interected with Reck however, and was suspicious of that role the entire game, you can't say I wasn't.

Well, with so many players confirmed, plus my town read on LMP and having no reason to doubt GW, my only possible option is to
Vote:Mallow
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by LimMePls »

^This lynch is a go.

V/LA on weekends

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”