Open 209: The Invasion of Liten (Game Over)

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:23 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Sarah arrived at the meeting room. She sat at the head of the table, rubbing sleep out of her eyes. Her nightmare of Nicodemus refused to leave her mind. And this morning two more people had died...

Why did this have to happen to me?

The Petunia that Cried Venus Flytrap Vote Count

(1) Max: Steam-Powered Shovel

Not Voting: Haylen, Max, Pulindar, Alduskkel, Nikanor, SFG, Slaxx, Furry, Sniper

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: March 27th, 2010, at 8:00 p.m. CST
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:07 am

Post by SFG »

I would like to note that Nikanor promised scumhunting an hour and a half ago and, despite quite a bit of idle chitchat with my on IRC, has posted no such content.
The textwaller of d00m
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:14 am

Post by Furry »

Vote Max

Apparently my top pick for a partner of him has busted, but my case against him still is valid.
Temporary unretired alt
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Slaxx »

A quick note: Puli's not playing to his original town meta. He's not as aggressive and I have to agree that he's sheeping quite a bit.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:26 am

Post by SFG »

Will people kindly remember that now we have three people who have died, all townsfolk, and that just yesterday you were all in desperate need of flip information which you now have? You might as well use it instead of saying "well the new information busts my previous theory so I'm going to continue to vote for the person I thought was suspicious even though the theory got busted."
The textwaller of d00m
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Furry »

SFG wrote:Will people kindly remember that now we have three people who have died, all townsfolk, and that just yesterday you were all in desperate need of flip information which you now have? You might as well use it instead of saying "well the new information busts my previous theory so I'm going to continue to vote for the person I thought was suspicious even though the theory got busted."
I was saying that A) Max is scum and B) if A is true then LC is most likely his partner.

Just because B has been shown as not true does not chance the odds of A being not true. If you wanted me to speculate on kills; Max is from the scumgroup that killed LC in an attempt to indirectly detract from him being scum. I like my original case more then that speculation though however.
Temporary unretired alt
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Pulindar »

Slaxx wrote:A quick note: Puli's not playing to his original town meta. He's not as aggressive and I have to agree that he's sheeping quite a bit.
I heartily disagree Slaxx, First off I'd like to point out that in our game I replaced in and had alot more to work with and fewer people to diffuse my focus. Also though, I focused on sniper pretty heavily and tried to lead a wagon against him

Vote Sniper

Which reminded me, I still think sniper is scum. I'm busy right now and will touch back later, trying to post in all my games right now quickly. Will ISO Sniper and Slaxx when I return.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:35 am

Post by SFG »

If Max and SPS are a scumpair, then Nikanor is scum with either Haylen or Sniper. Reasoning for this is in my nightkill analysis and following posts.
The textwaller of d00m
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:41 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

SFG wrote:SPS, why are you voting?
Gut. Also, his "case" on Alduskkel.

Haylen, really?

I think this bout of NK analysis is a little misguided. I don't see anyone with a strong motive to kill either dragonfly or LordChronos, so either we're missing something or the scum are trying to avoid giving us information.
SFG wrote:SPS is not much better, FoS's Max in ISO 15, but in 17 he is teaming with Max a little, in 19 Max is listed as the least of his scum suspects, 32 is a bit of a break to the pattern, 41 he is wheedling with Max to wagon someone, aaaand finally they both ended up being on the same wagon.
I didn't mean to imply an ordering in 19; Haylen and Max were pretty much tied at that point.
SFG wrote:If Max and SPS are a scumpair, then Nikanor is scum with either Haylen or Sniper.
This is true. (P -> Q is always true if P is false.)

P.S. I wouldn't have killed dragonfly. It's mean.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:49 am

Post by SFG »

Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:
SFG wrote:SPS is not much better, FoS's Max in ISO 15, but in 17 he is teaming with Max a little, in 19 Max is listed as the least of his scum suspects, 32 is a bit of a break to the pattern, 41 he is wheedling with Max to wagon someone, aaaand finally they both ended up being on the same wagon.
I didn't mean to imply an ordering in 19; Haylen and Max were pretty much tied at that point.
If that's all you have to say against the entire body of evidence that I've just presented, I'm really disappointed in you.
The textwaller of d00m
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Max »

Max/SPS is my favored scumpair at the moment. Both had motivation behind the nightkills, but they've also both been doing some really awkward distancing. Max starts off the game with an unfounded "knowledge" that SPS is scum, and again in ISO 5 his weakest case seems to be on SPS. Nevertheless, he never votes for SPS and SPS begins the day with a completely unfounded vote against Max.
You do realise on my list I voted none of them until after I'd voted alduskkel?

And I'd kill Furry over anybody else as he's the only person to actually develop a case upon me. LC/Sanhora didn't. As scum I would either kill someone I thought was scum. (I admit that I thought crypto was scummy)

And for LC I think that would have been an achievable lynch so no adept scum would kill him. So we're looking for a weak scum-pair with little scum experience.

Also, I dislike the way SFG is going with this line of thinking in a twofold game it's harder to read into nightkills like he's trying to. You could find at least every player is somehow implicated in at least one nightkill. However the analysis of the all against SPS is quite impressive I knew they (dragon/crypto) were against him but not that much.

I looked at the SPS/LC then SPS/crypto Multi-Player Iso to see whether any of them were particularly interesting pieces of "banter". Now the SPS/crypto was not providing of anything really they pretty much ignored each other with once or twice crypto attacking him. Then SPS/LC was pretty much the same.

SPS did not kill them because of anti that and I will admit that SPS is sort of acting weird with me. It's what I like to describe as back-seat scum-hunting. He makes many cases against me and even when there was a bandwagon on me he remained on his Nicodemus bandwagon. He only today began genuinely pushing for my lynch.

IIoA is what I accused him of yesterday and it's still the same, the only bits I've seen him thrive on are the anti-me-not-voting posts, which is general theory and not analysis. Also, accusing me of being scum based on a case on Alduskkel is ridiculous, have you read him in Iso?

Also whoever wanted a link to the game with sniper being replaced I would like to Highlight Ctrl+F. Go to the Newbie queue search sniper and there is a line that says (XXX) replacing Sniper. Click the link and there's proof.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Max »

aaaand finally they both ended up being on the same wagon.
This is null, it wouldn't matter which wagon I'd ended on if I were his partner as both would result in a non-us pairing.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:26 am

SFG wrote:
Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:
If that's all you have to say against the entire body of evidence that I've just presented, I'm really disappointed in you.
Wait, what? I'm not seeing a body of evidence here. I don't see anything scummy among the things you mentioned, but I'll delve deeper if you want.

I FoS Max in 15. That's definitely true.

In 17 I point out something you missed and point you to the appropriate places mostly because Max was consistently refusing to be helpful in that regard. Case in point: He won't link to the newbie Sniper's being replaced in.

19 I already mentioned. I'm not sure what else you'd expect here. Clearly Nicodemus was my top suspect and I had already made it clear I was suspicious of Max.

32: I have no clue what you could find scummy about this post.

In 41 I am trying to get him to vote. Again, I'm not seeing the problem.
Max wrote:SPS did not kill them because of anti that and I will admit that SPS is sort of acting weird with me. It's what I like to describe as back-seat scum-hunting. He makes many cases against me and even when there was a bandwagon on me he remained on his Nicodemus bandwagon. He only today began genuinely pushing for my lynch.
Maybe I just found Nicodemus scummier? Have you considered that?
Max wrote:IIoA is what I accused him of yesterday and it's still the same, the only bits I've seen him thrive on are the anti-me-not-voting posts, which is general theory and not analysis. Also, accusing me of being scum based on a case on Alduskkel is ridiculous, have you read him in Iso?
I most definitely have. In fact, that's why I think he's town.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:28 am

Also, I just looked up the Sniper-replacement deal. That was on the 28th of February. So not very relevant.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:38 am

Post by SFG »

@Max, I didn't account for your Ald case at all because it seemed to by-and-large drop off of your radar. Second, I never trust it when people say who they would or would not kill. I do, however, trust it when people say who other people would or would not kill. I disagree that I could implicate every player because I already went back and mentioned everyone implicated.

@SPS, I provided several instances of you doing a weird distance/buddy dance with Max. I would like you to explain them because they really are quite curious when taken altogether. Incidentally, as you would notice if you'd actually read my post, the reason you can't figure out what was scummy about your 32 is because I was saying that 32 was the only unscummy interaction between the two of you.

Thus far your answer to 17 is the only one i find remotely satisfactory, and the rest is "yeah, well it was a weird distance/buddy dance. So there."
The textwaller of d00m
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:38 am

Post by SFG »

Also the deal about linking that game was more so I could look up Sniper's meta, and maybe even a reveal if I was lucky.
The textwaller of d00m
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:56 am

SFG wrote:@SPS, I provided several instances of you doing a weird distance/buddy dance with Max. I would like you to explain them because they really are quite curious when taken altogether. Incidentally, as you would notice if you'd actually read my post, the reason you can't figure out what was scummy about your 32 is because I was saying that 32 was the only unscummy interaction between the two of you.

Thus far your answer to 17 is the only one i find remotely satisfactory, and the rest is "yeah, well it was a weird distance/buddy dance. So there."
I'm not sure what you find weird about what you posted. I've been suspicious of him since pretty early on, but never voted for him because I found Nicodemus scummier. If that type of behaviour had continued a few days, you'd have a case, but it hasn't. He became my top 2 suspect yesterday and went to #1 when Nico died. You can't accuse me of calling him scummy but not really going after him: I'm going after him today.

If I haven't addressed the point you're trying to make, you're going to have more be more explicit.
SFG wrote:Also the deal about linking that game was more so I could look up Sniper's meta, and maybe even a reveal if I was lucky.
He didn't confirm, so he never posted in that game.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by SFG »

SPS wrote: He didn't confirm, so he never posted in that game.
Yeah, I know. Really unhelpful.
The textwaller of d00m
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:37 am

Post by SFG »

Really, guys? 10 players alive here and somehow in the past 16 hours there hasn't been a single post? I'm starting to regret joining this game because its so stagnant I can barely read half the players.
The textwaller of d00m
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:41 am

Post by SFG »

requesting content from Ald, Nikanor (you promised it yesterday and never delivered!), Haylen, Puliander (that post you made did NOT count as content), and
requesting a prod on Sniper because it has been more than 72hrs of Day since he last posted in thread

Done.
The textwaller of d00m
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:49 am

Alduskkel probably needs a prod too. He hasn't posted yet Today.
Alduskkel is not yet up for a prod. He posted frequently enough on Day 1, and it hasn't been long enough to prod him yet.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:38 am

Post by Nikanor »

So I've finished my reread, and... pretty much nothing has changed.
@Furry: What do you think of Sniper's 'Self-hammer' and unvote? Have you read what I've said on the subject?

I'll post a list of the scum once Furry answers this question.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Furry »

Nikanor wrote:@Furry: What do you think of Sniper's 'Self-hammer' and unvote? Have you read what I've said on the subject?
Already said this, that was a stupid move, but it was a blatantly newbie town move. I also said, and appear to be correct, that he is replacing out of this game. My reads on newbie players are usually very accurate, in this game, Sniper is town.

Also if you want more information that Max is scum, on his OWN speculation, you can say that LC dying means Max killed him. He specifically said that he would of killed me (WIFOM) because I wanted him lynched. LC also wanted him lynched though, and shockingly got killed. Weak I know, but if he is going to defend himself on WIFOM, I can use the exact same thing to show him as scum. This can also include that I specifically said to lynch Max if I died, but im just going to stick with the more "concrete" WIFOM.
Temporary unretired alt
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Nikanor »

Who do you think the scum are, Furry? I want four names from you.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Furry »

Nikanor wrote:Who do you think the scum are, Furry? I want four names from you.
Max with... Haylen I think, there are a few who work here

and two of

[Adul/nik/slaxx]

At this point im most sure of Max-scum, SPS-town and Sniper-town, I like deconstructive reasoning most. Given the dissent on my town reads I believe a Max lynch and subsequent NKs, would narrow this down quickly enough. I realize this leaves out Plundir and SFG, who are both between the threesome and town reads.
Temporary unretired alt

Return to “Completed Open Games”