Al and Hoop...?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:34 am

Post by Hoopla »

Looker wrote:Al and Hoop...?
Hi Looker, how are you?

I'm thoroughly perplexed with how this game is unfolding. It upsets me that the game has degenrated to flavour-hunting over scum-hunting. I don't understand why Howard had to die - wasn't his flavour/role claim in stark contrast to Lookers? If so, why was he modkilled? Does this incriminate Looker? Everyone feel free to work it out (I am drunk and sleepy).
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:54 am

Post by Messiah »

Hoopla wrote:I don't understand why Howard had to die - wasn't his flavour/role claim in stark contrast to Lookers? If so, why was he modkilled?
I don't understand why he was modkilled either, especially at the expense of our lynch for the day.
Hoopla wrote:Does this incriminate Looker?
I wouldn't think so. The mod confirmed that Looker didn't receive the flavored role PM.

As for my vote on Peabody, it's more gut than anything else.
It's times like this..
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:10 am

Post by lobstermania »

Day Four Vote Count #1
- as of post 752

Looker (1):
charlatan
milkshake (1):
Looker
Peabody (1):
Messiah

Not Voting (3):
AlmasterGM, Hoopla, milkshake, Peabody

With seven alive it takes four votes to lynch.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:33 am

Post by Looker »

Yeah, I wish I could be drunk and sleepy right now, feels great lying down like that.

RE: Howard's Modkill
- As our Mod's already stated, this is his first time (awwww)

RE: Looker Incrimination
- Milkshake > Peabody > Alabaster - These are the suspects and I really wouldn't mind if we just all bandwagoned Milkshake right now. It'd be fun.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:29 am

Post by charlatan »

Messiah wrote:
Hoopla wrote:Does this incriminate Looker?
I wouldn't think so. The mod confirmed that Looker didn't receive the flavored role PM.
When did that happen? When did the mod confirm anything related to Looker at all? Last I checked the mod only confirmed anything related to Howard. Looker claimed just "Town", which anyone could do since it's right here in the thread, and is now spending most of her time trying to get people to vote for confirmed townies, which is probably something scum needs to do to still have a shot in this game.
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Messiah »

The Mod wrote:Note: Replacements did not receive the original role titles, nor were they informed about them.
The Mod wrote:Upon review, HowardRoark did receive both role titles.
It's times like this..
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by Peabody »

Looker,

Is your only case against me that I was on every lynching bandwagon? I find that odd considering I was one of the first ones on the hiphop wagon, on both the CooLDoG wagon.

As for Messiah's vote on me, I cannot defend against it, considering that it is only a vote from the gut.

-----

As I was positive during the last day, I'm pretty sure looker is mafia. Please refer to my case on day 3 for details.

vote looker
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:01 pm

Post by Looker »

I wouldn't call it a case per se, Peabody, but take however you want it. What I can't understand is this thread's insistence that not only is Milkshake town, but he is
confirmed
town. How is that even possible with this setup?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by Looker »

And I looked at your case from the last page.

1) Your first point shows that your suspicions of me are just as wagon-related as my suspicions of you.
2) And your second point takes us back to the confirmation of town within this setup. We're not even confirming them on technicalities, you're trying to confirm them based on possibilities. We're making assumptions.

Either way, it's nice to know you have opinions. I'd really like to see Almaster's.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:01 pm

Post by Peabody »

milkshake wrote:Wow great, I just searched the whole thread and I couldn't find any reason Empking would know that the name of the VT role
before
the de-theme-ing was "Passive Astronaut." Of course, the whole reason the game wasn't supposed to be themed is so that this kind of flavor thing wouldn't happen. :roll:

unvote
and please please please tell me ASAP if I'm missing something.

I think this is too genuine to fake. I would say this is a confirmed town post. If milkshake is mafia, he does a great job of acting.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:52 pm

Post by Looker »

This was the post I was talking about before. In this post, I only see confusion as to where Empking got the name, meaning, Empking could have said anything else, i.e. "Space Voyager", and Milkshake could have used the same format; however, it all comes down to this, we'll see what's up and what's real in a little bit. One of us is going to get lynched.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:54 pm

Post by Looker »

"Like all great debacles, it is a matter of semantics..."
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Peabody »

I agree that it is possible that he was faking it, but I don't think it is probable.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by Looker »

That's fine, Peabody. We'll see.
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by Messiah »

It would be really nice to hear from Milkshake and Almastar, wouldn't it guys?
It's times like this..
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by Looker »

Naah, it'd be nice to get a vote from them, tho. That'd speed things up.

vote deadline
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Peabody wrote:
milkshake wrote:Wow great, I just searched the whole thread and I couldn't find any reason Empking would know that the name of the VT role
before
the de-theme-ing was "Passive Astronaut." Of course, the whole reason the game wasn't supposed to be themed is so that this kind of flavor thing wouldn't happen. :roll:

unvote
and please please please tell me ASAP if I'm missing something.

I think this is too genuine to fake. I would say this is a confirmed town post. If milkshake is mafia, he does a great job of acting.
100% agree, milkshake is confirmed in my eyes. There is no point lynching or suspecting him based on paranoia and the slim chances it was an act. We have far better chances of finding scum out of the remaining players.

Looker's play is odd and bizarre - we actually just played a game together (Mini 865). She replaced in after I had perished, but she ended up voting for the vigilante that had just shot mafia (me) the night before. I didn't get the logic behind it, but I don't think Looker is suspicious for chasing milkshake. Maybe just a little loopy.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by Looker »

Okay. Since you don't think I'm automatically scum for suspecting him, then he must be town.

unvote
vote peabody

D1 Bus.
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by Messiah »

Hoopla, who do you think is scum?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by Messiah »

Also,
Looker wrote:Since you don't think I'm automatically scum for suspecting him, then he must be town.
What do you mean by that?
It's times like this..
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Messiah wrote:Hoopla, who do you think is scum?
I think I'm almost at the position where I can build an effective process of elimination case.

Town = Milkshake, Messiah
Unsure = Peabody
Probable scum = charlatan, Almaster, Looker

--

Milkshake is almost confirmed in my eyes, and I have a strong town read on Messiah I have no desire to articulate too heavily on.

I've only played one game with Peabody - we were both scum. He seems far more proactive this game. But this could just be a natural progression of his game, rather than town/scum differences. A reliable tell for newish players is voting a buddy early, then finding somewhere else for a vote - so I wouldn't rule Peabody out.

Charlatan has flown under my radar quite a bit, and I'll make a more detailed case about his play a bit later today. Almaster seems to be the popular choice for everyone, but again, I've played a game with him as town where his playstyle matched here. I think it's very possible he's a hot target for scum. As for Looker, she's loopy and detached from conventional logic which makes it easy for her to get away with anything. While it's not a specific tell her going after milkshake, NAW's play and voting patterns were quite fishy to me. Looker has a better than random chance of being scum, but with the added bonus if she is town, we get rid of someone who would be unreliable in lylo type situations.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:50 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 770, Messiah wrote:Also,
Looker wrote:Since you don't think I'm automatically scum for suspecting him, then he must be town.
What do you mean by that?
I'M READY FOR YOU TO DIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!! (she shrieks aloud with general regard to the scum)
In post 771, Hoopla wrote: Looker is loopy and detached from conventional logic which makes it easy for her to get away with anything.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

PEEEAAAAABOOOOODDYYYYY!!!!!! HOO! HOO! HOO! HOO! GRRRRR!!!
Confirm Vote Peabody

It's either him or Turkey a la mode, also known to some as Almaster, and, to the jerks, Alamaster. And, to me, Alabaster. HOO!
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:45 am

Post by charlatan »

Messiah wrote:It would be really nice to hear from Milkshake and Almastar, wouldn't it guys?
Yes.
Hoopla wrote: I have a strong town read on Messiah I have no desire to articulate too heavily on.
That's funny, because I've got Messiah as more likely scum since he's essentially a non-contributor that has not furthered cases on anyone thus far. He just chimes in with a rather meaningless question or comment every once in a while.

Looker's more recent play is not convincing me at all that I should be voting elsewhere and, in fact, is only further convincing me that's where I'd like my vote to stay. Her most recent vote reason was the simple "D1 Bus", which is not at all a reason in and of itself, seeing as others also voted for hiphop that are still alive, and Hoopla in particular was instrumental in his eventual lynch, so at the very least a little detail is needed.

On the subject of Peabody, however, his unvote at the end of the day before is a far better reason to suspect him, and I'm surprised we let it drop at the end of the day. I like a lot of his play this game, actually, and he has mostly not caught my eye, but the unvote, re-vote seemed vaguely tacked on, designed to gain townie points for being extra cautious.

Hoopla has largely gotten a free pass, mostly due to the fact that Day 1 her gambit was helpful to the town. Since then she has, for the most part, only chimed in to try and play town leader -- and has consistently helped steer lynches towards townie deaths. At this point, I'm much less inclined to believe that's a coincidence. Her very casual "clearing" of Messiah is problematic: saying she's got a very strong read that she doesn't feel like explaining is a good way to protect a scum buddy or to buddy up to a townie. Now that we're getting into a smaller pool of players, it's time to take a closer look at individuals.

I still consider milkshake basically confirmed, but I'd be happier if he were playing the game. Almaster I'm less convinced of than before upon further reflection, but I'm not sure -- I really don't like that now that the voting attention is elsewhere, he's dropped off the map.
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by Messiah »

charlatan wrote:I've got Messiah as more likely scum since he's essentially a non-contributor that has not furthered cases on anyone thus far. He just chimes in with a rather meaningless question or comment every once in a while.
That's such a blatant mischaracterization of my play that I don't know what to say. If you're referring simply to today, then perhaps you're correct; I've been waiting for Milkshake and Almastar for the more part.
It's times like this..

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”