Newbie 657 - GOOFBALL nursery - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
facebook
facebook
Townie
facebook
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:51 am

Post by facebook »

when will the day end?
[url]http://www.epicmafia.com[/url] =)
Styro
Styro
Townie
Styro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:03 am

Post by Styro »

when you are dead
Vote:facebook
Scarlett O
Scarlett O
Townie
Scarlett O
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Scarlett O »

Rotten Snitch wrote:Keeping in tune with the flavor of this game.
Chill out and relax let dialogue root and when a scum sprout surfaces we weed them out.

Easy as pie.

Let's start discussion.
I am scum..... Yes or No....
Discuss amongst yourselves.....
Well, last time I checked discussion had started. There's not a lot to work with on Day One, so if someone is acting suspicious, they will get attention. Right now I only have an FoS against facebook, since it only takes 5 to lynch and she's at 2 right now, but why are you defending her so hard?

Are you scum? Hmmm, let's see. Well, I did random vote you. Maybe I'm psychic! SCORE!! *goes and buys lottery ticket*
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by stark »

Rotten Snitch wrote:Dear Stark,
Have you been reading the thread?
Most of the suspicion is on the new player who is posting ten time more than everyone else. My personal opinion is that she is used to a real time 20 minute online mafia game hence the 20+ posts so far.

Remember also that some of the conversation during page two and three revolved around a different website and had absolutely nothing to do with MafiaScum.net or this game in particular.

I don't know where you got the weather and bon-bons from out of my posts. I don't even like Bon-Bons. I think they are little frozen nuggets of poo.
Dear RS,

I find our correspondense delightful.

However, you are obviously missing the bigger pickture. facebook is obviously the center of attention at this point in the game. Who you are looking at is facebook. That's good, but more important about this discussion is people's position on facebook. Obviously she has done alot of things to warrant her suspicion. Who attacks a very easy target? Who defends a scummy player? Who would prefer to stay out of the spotlight?
Regardless of whether this is a productive discussion, this is an important element to mafia.
LoveFuryxPassion
LoveFuryxPassion
Townie
LoveFuryxPassion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by LoveFuryxPassion »

Being honest, I don't have a whole lot to say at this point. But my vote will remain with facebook.
Rotten Snitch
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by Rotten Snitch »

Yes it is Stark, a very important element indeed. I have obviously stated my side and although I will not "dismiss her play" as Jshark stated I am for the moment siding on the newb factor and the not so scummy opinion. To prevent the newbies from getting too excited too quickly I tried to deviate the conversation because it is so easy for townies to get tunnelvisioned in their first mafia game.
How do you feel facebook's play so far has been?

And no Scarlett O I am not defending her. There are two ways to go about how this game began. One can watch the others reactions to the defense of Facebook as Stark pointed out is the topic of discussion. Or one can watch the attackers of Facebook.

As of this moment I am watching for the attackers because I think Facebook's play so far is a newbie from a different website adjusting to this method of the game not an over eager stupid obvscum.
Jshark
Jshark
Townie
Jshark
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Jshark »

Rotten Snitch wrote:Yes it is Stark, a very important element indeed. I have obviously stated my side and although I will not "dismiss her play" as Jshark stated I am for the moment siding on the newb factor and the not so scummy opinion.
Well apparently in my next game I need to act so over the top with newbish plays that I couldn't possibly be scum and then backdoor my way to the endgame. I'm not stating that Facebook is absolutely scum right now, but if you're going to pass off her moves as Newbish then why are we playing because I'm pretty sure we're all newbs at this except for the ICs.

You just seem to be skirting the issue with Facebook and keep using this she's just a newbie defense. Without even backing up your statements you haven't really interacted with the conversations at all and any statements you have made have been to defend Facebook's moves or speak of how there is no real discussion although there clearly is on Facebook's moves.

I just find it odd that you have defended Facebook although there has been debate about both FuryxPassionLove and Don Nero and you have not stepped in to defend either of them. I'm not saying you are scumbuddies with Facebook, but you do seem to have given her free pass.
"When the chips are down these civilized people will eat each other....you'll see....I'll show you"- Joker, The Dark Knight
facebook
facebook
Townie
facebook
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:15 pm

Post by facebook »

oh i just checked what IC is. Which of you guys are ICs?

I don't know how to defend when I have nothing to prove myself. I always talk a lot. Even if I were a scum, i would just have talked as much.

When the game starts one of you told me to vote somebody to get things started. I voted different people and now i am accused of being scummy. Thats just not right.

Im playing this game in an extremely passive way =(

but
I am a townie, is there any more i can say?
Don Nero
Don Nero
Townie
Don Nero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:55 pm

Post by Don Nero »

Vote: facebook
I am dead and living in my grave so I don't need a stupid signature
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:05 pm

Post by stark »

I'm an IC.

unvote

Jshark, since you seem to be the spearhead of the anti-facebook movement, on a scale from 1 to ten, how likely is it, do you think, that facebook is scum.

Facebook, same question.

Rs, same question.
facebook
facebook
Townie
facebook
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:55 pm

Post by facebook »

Facebook (me) is 100% townie,
of course i have to pick 1 (if there was 0, i would pick 0)

Jshark is unlikely to be mafia
just because if i were mafia i would just float around instead of pushing things as hard in this early stage and when nobody accused him.
for Jshark i will pick 3.

Don Nero not having explained anything before voting me
is kinda scummy to me. that was a third vote on me. He just wanted to push me to the side a cliff so badly.
for Don Nero i will pick 5.
Jshark
Jshark
Townie
Jshark
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:34 am

Post by Jshark »

stark wrote:I'm an IC.

unvote

Jshark, since you seem to be the spearhead of the anti-facebook movement, on a scale from 1 to ten, how likely is it, do you think, that facebook is scum.

Facebook, same question.

Rs, same question.
I'm not totally convinced that Facebook is scum yet, but her actions have been the most suspicious so far and so its all I have really had to talk about. I don't like how Rotten Snitch is brushing off her actions as newbish. I also find it strange that Don Nero jumped on the Facebook wagon without any reasons of his own after lurking for sometime. Would this be considered newbish actions as well? I'm not trying to get somebody lynched immediately, but I just call out the actions I feel are scummy.
"When the chips are down these civilized people will eat each other....you'll see....I'll show you"- Joker, The Dark Knight
Styro
Styro
Townie
Styro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:07 am

Post by Styro »

Unvote
I really don't think facebook is scum but she sure is acting like one and it gets confusing for town with such players around.

facebook, Epic Mafia is a BLAST, Thank you so much!!!!
Rotten Snitch
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:04 am

Post by Rotten Snitch »

Jshark wrote:Well apparently in my next game I need to act so over the top with newbish plays that I couldn't possibly be scum and then backdoor my way to the endgame. I'm not stating that Facebook is absolutely scum right now, but if you're going to pass off her moves as Newbish then why are we playing because I'm pretty sure we're all newbs at this except for the ICs
Again I am not dismissing her posts nor am I defending her posts. At the moment she seems more like a newbie excited player. I have said nothing of the content of her posts. If she is making mistakes I am watching for it and noting it. Why call it out in the early stages hinting her off that she is dropping tells. I would rather her continue to post. I am also noting the ones who are voting her and Don Nero as well. I posted with the hopes of (god it feels like I am repeating myself) getting everyone to lo.0k around the group and not just center on the most obvious.

Stark to answer your question I think Facebook is about a 6 / 10 right now 10 being scum.

Don Nero is also a 6 because of the quick facebook vote. No reasoning behind it. Maybe someone new to the game doesnt think that a vote needs reasoning but even the random playfull stage has playfull reasoning behind the votes.

Facebook- Your post 75.... why does it seem you are eager for the day to end. You have made a lot of posts that would be scummy if made by a more experienced and like i said i am letting it go for now. please explain if this was a game question or if you are really ready for day to be over already.

and because no one realy ansewered your post 75.
The day will end when the majority of the town agrees on a lynch or no-lynch or if a deadline is imposed and then the majority needed to lynch is halved and could go into nolynch. Sometimes lasting a month or longer.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:20 am

Post by stark »

I'm with RS's opinion on facebook. I also think that Don Nero is definately the play today.
facebook
facebook
Townie
facebook
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:30 am

Post by facebook »

Facebook- Your post 75.... why does it seem you are eager for the day to end. You have made a lot of posts that would be scummy if made by a more experienced and like i said i am letting it go for now. please explain if this was a game question or if you are really ready for day to be over already.
sorry because i have been playing on some real-time mafia games... which a day lasts really short.
i thought a day in forum mafia would only take like several days but not more than that. And i saw most people voted so i asked when would the day end. That "When will the day end?" was a question for the moderator though, as i bold-ed it.
Jshark
Jshark
Townie
Jshark
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:44 am

Post by Jshark »

Alright I'm going to do a little analysis of how both Don Nero and Facebook have played and try to decide from there how to vote.

Ok Facebook started the game with an odd comment stating that there was no cop this seemed like a weird statement, but we didn't really gain any information besides the fact that Facebook is new at this. Then FuryxPassionLove voted for Facebook. She twisted Fury's words around to make it look as if Fury was scum in a joking way. As this was settled debate was begun by me stating that Facebook had played Mafia before. She counterclaimed that it wasn't forum mafia, but real-time mafia which has a different setup this was confirmed to be true. Then debate began on whether Don Nero should be prodded/replaced. Facebook stated that she didn't want a replacement as it ruined the game which is an odd statement coming from a townie. She quickly jumped on a Don Nero wagon with no more reasoning than that. When she was pressured about this statement she quickly changed her position and said she would want a replacement and changed her vote to no lynch. Then she asked when would this day end as if rushing for a quick lynch or no lynch.

Don Nero took almost a day longer than everyone else to confirm into the game. He didn't post for nearly a day and a half and when he posted it was basically an introduction. Many of us felt that he would be replaced for his lack of participation, but then last night he jumped into the middle of a wagon on Facebook just as she had done to him and further more gave no explanation or reasoning whatsoever for this vote.

I find this move on Don Nero's part very scummish it appears as if he has been lurking possibly waiting for another newbie to make foolish moves and as the wagon was forming he would jump in with his vote and get quick lynch without anyone knowing and with no explanation he probably hoped that his vote would be missed by other players.

For these reasons I
Unvote Vote:Don Nero
and
Fos:Facebook

I'm still highly suspicious of Facebook, but at this point I find Don Nero's moves even scummier still.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:02 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Goofball Nursery's Second Votecount:

Don Nero (1): JShark
Jshark (1) : Don Nero
Rotten Snitch (1): Scarlett O
facebook (1): LoveFuryxPassion
no lynch (1): facebook

No my little ones, there is no bastard moddery here, and the day ends when (a) a player is lynched or (b) a no lynch reaches majority or (c) I have set a deadline for harvest! Oh no, not CUT FLOWERS!
Last edited by DrippingGoofball on Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Scarlett O
Scarlett O
Townie
Scarlett O
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:25 am

Post by Scarlett O »

MOD
I think you may have switched Jshark and Don Nero, Jshark is voting for Don Nero and Don Nero's voting for facebook.

I agree with Jshark's reasoning, and I think we should apply a bit of pressure to Don Nero, get him talking a bit more and explain his vote on facebook.

pressure---->
Unvote, Vote: Don Nero
Deathren
Deathren
Goon
Deathren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by Deathren »

MOD i unvoted rotten snitch

something i have picked up on.

why has no-one accused me of lurking cos this makes my 3rd post

P.S. don't have time to check all posts atm i will check soon
Time is unaffected by sorrow or greif

Lord gurgi: You can come back for mine.
EDIT: I'm not sure if there's precedent, but I'm taking him as a replacement for himself.
Jshark
Jshark
Townie
Jshark
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by Jshark »

Deathren wrote:
MOD i unvoted rotten snitch

something i have picked up on.

why has no-one accused me of lurking cos this makes my 3rd post

P.S. don't have time to check all posts atm i will check soon
I'm keeping an eye on the lurkers, but there has really only been 3 or 4 active posters so its kind of hard to say who is actually lurking.
Don Nero
Don Nero
Townie
Don Nero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:39 pm

Post by Don Nero »

facebook I did explain why it's on page 3
and

Unvote, Vote: Jshark
I am dead and living in my grave so I don't need a stupid signature
Deathren
Deathren
Goon
Deathren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:25 am

Post by Deathren »

vote:Don Nero

you have no reasoning behind your voting, can you give some?

at the moment you are the biggest lurker i have seen and voting without giving any reason is a scumtell to me.
Time is unaffected by sorrow or greif

Lord gurgi: You can come back for mine.
EDIT: I'm not sure if there's precedent, but I'm taking him as a replacement for himself.
Rotten Snitch
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:33 am

Post by Rotten Snitch »

Don's 1st post wrote:ok I accepted a little to late
and need to read about this game so now I am here and I shall explain my absence

I was a bit busy and realized that the game was already starting forgive me you scums =)
Don's 2nd post wrote:Vote: facebook
Don's 3rd post wrote:facebook I did explain why it's on page 3
and

Don you have not explained anything yet, except why you took longer to confirm. What are your reasons behind voting Facebook and Jshark?
What are your thought concerning the day so far?
Jshark
Jshark
Townie
Jshark
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:11 am

Post by Jshark »

Don Nero wrote:facebook I did explain why it's on page 3
and

You gave absolutely no reasoning for Facebook's vote and your vote put on me is nothing more than OMGUS.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”