Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:10 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 72, Radical Rat wrote:VOTE: Mad Hatters Tea Party

I don't like this whole exchange. Feels disingenuous to be focusing so hard on Ahri and trying to force anahit to have a proper read based on a single RVS vote.

Also I don't want to spend the whole game trying to parse walls of purple prose
This is a pretty strange read, I think anahit does feel marginally townier than Mad but I got the impression that anahit was the one forcing basically the entire exchange.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:28 am

Post by Isis »

In post 71, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 48, anahit wrote:
In post 47, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:My dear are you attempting to infer that my approach to the logic previously presented to myself which I have so lightly critiqued in a rather carefree fashion as we are barely 50 nay 40 post barring your continual self quoting is inadequate for purpose here?

No tea for you. Your invite to my table is being handed to the teapot with Lady Grey inside it. How the good Lady fit inside it is quite the dilemma but alas as are most things we find here.
the logic of it just seemed like the less potentially relevant aspect of the post to me like if we are functioning under 'all posts are ai' which is kinda necessary for this stage of the game as you say we are only 40 posts into the game et cetera then it seems like that is more likely the ai part rather than the forced logic
I don't believe all posts are AI, or that pretending that they are is necessary.
I strongly disagree with this post!
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:31 am

Post by Isis »

One of my favorite outfits is my longsleeve white with horizontal black striped shirt, black tights, my spongey cottony white shin length skirt, all with black flats with little black bows on them and the white Tori Burch purse my cousin got me for Christmas.

This is an alignment indicative post and I expect Morning Tweet to reset my prod timer to 36 hours from now.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:32 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 76, Isis wrote:
In post 71, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 48, anahit wrote:
In post 47, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:My dear are you attempting to infer that my approach to the logic previously presented to myself which I have so lightly critiqued in a rather carefree fashion as we are barely 50 nay 40 post barring your continual self quoting is inadequate for purpose here?

No tea for you. Your invite to my table is being handed to the teapot with Lady Grey inside it. How the good Lady fit inside it is quite the dilemma but alas as are most things we find here.
the logic of it just seemed like the less potentially relevant aspect of the post to me like if we are functioning under 'all posts are ai' which is kinda necessary for this stage of the game as you say we are only 40 posts into the game et cetera then it seems like that is more likely the ai part rather than the forced logic
I don't believe all posts are AI, or that pretending that they are is necessary.
I strongly disagree with this post!
Which part?
I think the first part is fairly obviously true, the second part is definitely debatable but in my experience I don't find that trying to force reads leads to anything productive (different from forcing reactions)
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:35 am

Post by Isis »

The first part is true. I think more posts are AI than people want to believe but it's not literally all of them are AI.

Forcing stuff can make for really good interactions. It's just impossible to generate "bad information" in mafia if the interpreter can make the interpretations and is cautious with signal to noise. Like the law of entropy (the law of entropy backwards?) or something

we don't have to agree on this to win this mafia game obv
"Well, I..."
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: ani db it she

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:46 am

Post by anahit »

In post 68, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:You are not the first to fail to process the eloquence of my voracious vocabulary.
i guess maybe it isn't a vocabulary issue - as i do understand each of the words individually - my failing is more in compilation as some of the sentences i am left thinking 'what does that mean though'
In post 68, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:your judgement is not trusted
but why isn't my judgment trusted?
In post 68, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:Though I daresay should you attempt to come to the 'art of the vote you find the Mad Hatters Tea Party to always be a colourful affair outside these realms.
i have done so much to be ordinary and made a record of this

In post 69, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:Those with greater talent for the game than my own are oft able to assess, process and manifest a read with just the single post.
I ask you to attempt the same, and should your thoughts see the light I will add mine to the mixture and see what we gain.
but, i did share my thoughts on ahri's post,
is there salvation for you when a game is finished?
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:52 am

Post by anahit »

In post 73, Vanderscamp wrote:Anahit, I'm confused by your stated pronouns, is "they" ok?
i would prefer 'she' if you'd like to rely on a single default pronoun for me -

ani would be my preferred abbreviation of anahit, if anyone feels the need to abbreviate for any reason,

she is my preferred pronoun for anahit, if you'd like a pronoun for referring to the entity that signs into the account anahit and so forth i guess i would prefer it, the space between et cetera, but she is also okay for this purpose as well,
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:53 am

Post by anahit »

In post 77, Isis wrote:One of my favorite outfits is my longsleeve white with horizontal black striped shirt, black tights, my spongey cottony white shin length skirt, all with black flats with little black bows on them and the white Tori Burch purse my cousin got me for Christmas.
i think mostly about clothes
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:56 am

Post by anahit »

In post 75, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 72, Radical Rat wrote:VOTE: Mad Hatters Tea Party

I don't like this whole exchange. Feels disingenuous to be focusing so hard on Ahri and trying to force anahit to have a proper read based on a single RVS vote.

Also I don't want to spend the whole game trying to parse walls of purple prose
This is a pretty strange read, I think anahit does feel marginally townier than Mad but I got the impression that anahit was the one forcing basically the entire exchange.
hm, it is like, i do think i was mostly "forcing" (as you say) the exchange but i think radical rat is referring to mad hatters tea party's insistence that i give a hard read of ahri as if the exchange didn't come about in response to mad hatters tea party's read of ahri and subsequent vote, which also felt kinda hm, to me, but, need more distance from
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:58 am

Post by anahit »

In post 76, Isis wrote:I strongly disagree with this post!
all posts are either made by mafia or not...

but yeah sometimes i get lost in rabbitholes that's certainly true
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:59 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 41, anahit wrote:
In post 40, anahit wrote:
In post 38, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: anahit
who are you
do you have any thoughts on the game so far?
want to play a round of best post/worst post with me?
Sure but how about we play at a different time aka not now because I'm at my phone and haven't read and don't feel like reading rn because I see a lot of words.
I prefer they, thanks :)
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:00 pm

Post by anahit »

In post 79, Isis wrote:It's just impossible to generate "bad information"
this though!!!

one time during a mafia game ame explained to me that 'posting is good for town though' and everything about mafia made more sense
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:03 pm

Post by anahit »

In post 85, Dwlee99 wrote:Sure but how about we play at a different time aka not now because I'm at my phone and haven't read and don't feel like reading rn because I see a lot of words.
we could simply play a different game at that future point in time when you feel like reading and so forth, if you'd like, as best post/worst post loses it's usefulness once there are A LOT of posts in the game as singling one out is both very very easy and also mostly meaningless as body of work becomes much more relevant unless there is an extreme outlier in either the best or worst category and if there is an extreme outlier to you at this point or further into the game i would expect you to point it out anyway instead of having to look closely at the rvs posts to choose
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:18 pm

Post by Isis »

I miss ame so much
"Well, I..."
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by mc esther »

In post 86, anahit wrote:posting is good for town though
okay!

UNVOTE:
VOTE: greeting
~
EdensFlame
EdensFlame
Townie
EdensFlame
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by EdensFlame »

I agree more posting is good for town, although one big part of it is not wasting time talking about parts that are less relevant.
I'm not entirely sure Mad Hatter's talk so far is genuine, but I'm not discounting the possibility.
Don't find it likely scum would draw that attention to themselves early, but it's possible.

Conclusion: I think I should keep an eye on the Hatter
“At times there will be fire; this we can’t avoid. But it’s up to us to decide whether it will consume or it will purify.”
– Cristen Rodgers
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them/Theirs

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Mad Hatters Tea Party »

The Radical Rat is a curious creature, I do wonder if the Radiant Rodent with Rapier, Ready is any relation to you...

Your vote has a most repugnant aroma to it. You should get that checked.

That the Ancient Queen speaks in monochome has amused me.

Should anyone ever need clarification of the textual tirade from my posts, you have only need ask - and it shall be rephrased.

Ani your judgement currently remains to be decided, I do not trust you, and I was rather hoping that your brilliance would shine as white as moon against the darkest skies which is part of why the challenges were laid out as they were.

Your read was lackluster and obscure, you have given Ahri much more consideration than what you've posted would imply and I was hoping to probe into that. The machinations of the mind are quite marvellous. Even more so when one is mad or malicious.

The strength of your read did not matter. Merely the strength of your stance and conviction which have been shown in other ways.

I do fear you missed the pun regarding Art and Party.

On a more serious note, and understand I am attempting to speak as plainly as this guise permits, I am grateful for the clarification over your pronouns, and pardon the assumption but I am glad to see more systems being more open about their being on this forum.
Remember, the best place to start is at the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.
totally not a stealth alt
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:42 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 79, Isis wrote:The first part is true. I think more posts are AI than people want to believe but it's not literally all of them are AI.

Forcing stuff can make for really good interactions. It's just impossible to generate "bad information" in mafia if the interpreter can make the interpretations and is cautious with signal to noise. Like the law of entropy (the law of entropy backwards?) or something

we don't have to agree on this to win this mafia game obv
Happy to agree to disagree, I also don't think it'll be useful to argue about it.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:46 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 81, anahit wrote:
In post 73, Vanderscamp wrote:Anahit, I'm confused by your stated pronouns, is "they" ok?
i would prefer 'she' if you'd like to rely on a single default pronoun for me -

ani would be my preferred abbreviation of anahit, if anyone feels the need to abbreviate for any reason,

she is my preferred pronoun for anahit, if you'd like a pronoun for referring to the entity that signs into the account anahit and so forth i guess i would prefer it, the space between et cetera, but she is also okay for this purpose as well,
Noted, thanks!
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 90, EdensFlame wrote:I agree more posting is good for town, although one big part of it is not wasting time talking about parts that are less relevant.
I'm not entirely sure Mad Hatter's talk so far is genuine, but I'm not discounting the possibility.
Don't find it likely scum would draw that attention to themselves early, but it's possible.

Conclusion: I think I should keep an eye on the Hatter
VOTE: EdensFlame

This is a scummily noncommittal take
EdensFlame
EdensFlame
Townie
EdensFlame
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:00 pm

Post by EdensFlame »

You expect me to be able to commit on another players alignment on page 3?
“At times there will be fire; this we can’t avoid. But it’s up to us to decide whether it will consume or it will purify.”
– Cristen Rodgers
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She