Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:35 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

I don't really understand why'd you dislike figuring out what roles there are, it's going to help town more than scum almost always, since any group scum already knows at least 4 roles that exist, while each townie individually knows 2.

Also thoughts on PGO outing? It would basically make them a BP IC, but if they stay hidden they have a chance to kill town or to trade 1f1 with scum. It feels like outing would be better.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:37 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Not sure if pgo should out yet, worried about how bus driver works.woth that. Wouldnt want the cult bus driver to drive some unsuspecting player into the PGO and result in the cult gaining a nightkill indirectly
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:37 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 74, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 72, cyrus62 wrote:yes 7,7,1 but now scum know thanks alot now the trick wont work gee.
PGO is basically a town sided Jester. Their job is to get targetted during the Night, similar to a Jester being hammered during the day. Knowing it exists allows more room for town to play and importantly bluff. Let's say we had a really strong town role, if they convinced non-town players that they were the PGO, all of a sudden they're immune to Night Kills (theoretically). If non-town didn't know of the PGO's existence, that strong town role would just be Night Killed.
its two edge sword blocks every role so its better for town. then scum if said person is a very strong town player and are good at scum hunting it stops scum from killing them.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:37 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 72, cyrus62 wrote:yes 7,7,1 but now scum know thanks alot now the trick wont work gee.
This basically cements it in my mind that you're not town-sided. Even if it wasn't for the logic in my previous post, they have other tricks which arguably are more useful when it is revealed. The actual PGO is basically gunning on luck of the draw to get killed and used their skill normally if their role isn't revealed. They could out themselves as the PGO, then we have the questions: Are they actually an active role? Are they actually the PGO? Are they actually a completely useless role?
I think purely in terms of mechanics you're not town-sided. The only disadvantaged group after a PGO claim are non-town.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:38 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Holy shit Meg's eyes move
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:38 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 77, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 74, JamesTheNames wrote:
PGO is basically a town sided Jester. Their job is to get targetted during the Night, similar to a Jester being hammered during the day. Knowing it exists allows more room for town to play and importantly bluff. Let's say we had a really strong town role, if they convinced non-town players that they were the PGO, all of a sudden they're immune to Night Kills (theoretically). If non-town didn't know of the PGO's existence, that strong town role would just be Night Killed.
its two edge sword blocks every role so its better for town. then scum if said person is a very strong town player and are good at scum hunting it stops scum from killing them.
Is it better to have a trap doing nothing and hoping for the best, or for it to be used actively by an important town?
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:42 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

Unlike Jester, PGO has no hammer protection, there is no benefit to anti-town to fake claim PGO to protect from a hammer. There are very few roles for town that can Night Kill, but nearly all anti-role groups have many. There is also no guarantee currently that this town has night kill options.
I'm actually convinced currently that you are anti-town for hiding this cyrus62.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:43 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Cult Leader would die if they drive the PGO. Maybe cause some town deaths but it would basically be throwing.
Actually they'd die if they cult the PGO, so PGO can't even be culted.
They'd have to do something weird like RB the PGO or protect the CL, which they won't be able to do until N2 at the earliest, and will be unlikely.

If anyone else rolled cult one of the 2 is going to go to a 3rd party, so still say if you do.

Also my eyes don't move wtf
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:44 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

James you're going to get nowhere trying to sort Cyrus by his opinion on PGO.
I prefer they, thanks :)
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:46 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 83, Dwlee99 wrote:James you're going to get nowhere trying to sort Cyrus by his opinion on PGO.
I mean there's also this:
In post 43, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 24, Dwlee99 wrote:Also in general people should claim if they rolled an anti-town first number.
cant answer this yet
i did roll town though. i got a 7.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:47 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I don't understand
I prefer they, thanks :)
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:49 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 85, Dwlee99 wrote:I don't understand
Do you not think it implies he didn't end up as town?
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:50 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 86, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 85, Dwlee99 wrote:I don't understand
Do you not think it implies he didn't end up as town?
Either from the "can't answer this" when there was nothing to answer, or from the "yet" implying he has some impressive revelation to reveal later in the game.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:51 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Hmm, I think depending on how many targeting roles town appears to have and what nights they're on may assist with determining when or if the pgo should claim

Right now we know 2 of towns roles are even-night, assuming no lies or changes to modifiers, if we get more even nights or vanillas or something, might not be worth PGO outing at all
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:07 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

@mod, Is it guaranteed that after the 3d20 rolls were fudged and then shuffled, that nobody received their own 3d20? Or is this something you can't answer?

For example, assuming I rolled 13,8,1 and you didnt change any of those numbers, would I be guaranteed to not receive the role card that was generated by
my
3d20 roll?
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:10 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 78, JamesTheNames wrote:
This basically cements it in my mind that you're not town-sided. Even if it wasn't for the logic in my previous post, they have other tricks which arguably are more useful when it is revealed. The actual PGO is basically gunning on luck of the draw to get killed and used their skill normally if their role isn't revealed. They could out themselves as the PGO, then we have the questions: Are they actually an active role? Are they actually the PGO? Are they actually a completely useless role?
I think purely in terms of mechanics you're not town-sided. The only disadvantaged group after a PGO claim are non-town.
what i prefer the game where scum doesnt know every role before n1 but by all means go on and let them know what to watch for also isnt funny how every one who posted so far saids the got town.?
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:13 am

Post by cyrus62 »

i also said cant answer yet simple becuse i wanted the pgo to stay secret . i guise i thought of how i would feel i have before outed my role early.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:23 am

Post by cyrus62 »

come on get out of your pt gee i was talking to you lot .
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:24 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 90, cyrus62 wrote:
what i prefer the game where scum doesnt know every role before n1 but by all means go on and let them know what to watch for also isnt funny how every one who posted so far saids the got town.?
Wouldn't everyone say they were town? Unless if it was a really weird Jester?
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:28 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 93, JamesTheNames wrote:
Wouldn't everyone say they were town? Unless if it was a really weird Jester?
so whats the point of this ofc every one will clime town but smbs said they rolled scum . so shes at least honest . but there is ww and other people cults and people from outer space.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:30 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I rolled Mafia (received Town after shuffle) and MegAzumarill rolled Cult - of course we all are saying we got town after the shuffle though
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:31 am

Post by cyrus62 »

i told you i rolled 7,7,1 and thought cool if i get that i wont tell i cant be nk any way . i would have to warn cops or other prs some how with out telling scum . ok now that i think about it maybe i shouldn't hide it.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:32 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 96, cyrus62 wrote:i told you i rolled 7,7,1 and thought cool if i get that i wont tell i cant be nk any way . i would have to warn cops or other prs some how with out telling scum . ok now that i think about it maybe i shouldn't hide it.
should not have hid it. i didnt word that well.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:34 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Oh I think my vote is still on Cyrus

UNVOTE:
In spirit I'll vote anyone who doesnt want to claim what they rolled in their 3d20
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:36 am

Post by cyrus62 »

am i the only one who sits in dead thread and laugh at people when they post? i thought it would be funny . say a ww . scum cult and alien all target the pgo in one night . 4 kills that was anti town yes we could lose a cop and a doc as well . which is why its a two edge sword.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”