Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:01 am

Post by Clusk92 »

In post 73, Wake1 wrote:Well, yeah, I'm still reaction testing.

I'm gonna milk this cow for all it's worth.
Reaction testing sort of loses its effect when you tell people what you're doing.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:04 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 70, Wake1 wrote:Of COURSE I'm going to
FoS
the other guy who's also voting you over the maybe-alt-slip.
So you normally join wagons and then immediately FoS most of the other people on it when you voted for the exact same reason as them?
In post 70, Wake1 wrote:I
know
I'm Town, but I don't if he is, so I want a reaction, and I certainly have gotten some. And NM's faulty post about fluff was interesting, too, because methinks it's him just being cynical and/or paranoid, which makes me think that comes from a Townie mindset.
How is paranoia a town trait and why it was faulty to call it fluff, what the set-up spec do to advance the game state?
In post 70, Wake1 wrote:What I did find a bit odd was his 's last sentence, where he says I pretty much called everyone who didn't post "/confirm" Scum, which I didn't. Huh.
You did, you either voted or FoSed the majority of players who had posted since the game started
In post 70, Wake1 wrote:Then NM wonders why I find his post interesting, and that his paranoia raises him up a bit in my list. Which in itself is interesting. At least to me.
Again, why is paranoia a towntell?
In post 70, Wake1 wrote:Salamence et al should explain themselves a bit more, too. I vote NM for what looks like a gaffe, and then FoS another guy doing the same thing, to gauge reactions. You can call that bad all you want, but you'd be incorrect. It's not hypocritical in the slightest if you're trying to Scumhunt.
"I was reaction testing so nothing I do can be scummy"

You reaction test ended the moment you called it a reaction test, so why is your vote still on me if I moved up your town list?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:18 am

Post by TheAdrienC »

What's the vote count at the moment?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:19 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 75, Clusk92 wrote: Reaction testing sort of loses its effect when you tell people what you're doing.
Not when you keep drawing out waves of subsequent reactions. :)
In post 76, Not_Mafia wrote:
FoS
So you normally join wagons and then immediately FoS most of the other people on it when you voted for the exact same reason as them?

At times. Depends on my mood, and how unpredictable I feel like being.

know
I'm Town, but I don't if he is, so I want a reaction, and I certainly have gotten some. And NM's faulty post about fluff was interesting, too, because methinks it's him just being cynical and/or paranoid, which makes me think that comes from a Townie mindset.
How is paranoia a town trait and why it was faulty to call it fluff, what the set-up spec do to advance the game state?

Paranoia's a Town trait because Scum typically knows who the Town members are. The only exception is multiball, but that's left up to the imagination.

I read utter paranoia as a Town trait because it's usually tough for Scum to perfectly mimic it when they usually know who's who. Come on, you know this.

And another thing: I don't see anything wrong with Setup speculation. Day 1 is nothing but speculation, so complaining about gameplay spec in the Day when everything's spec is, to say the least, hypocritical. Gameplay spec may not advance the game, but what sort of speculation and paranois does Day 1?

Can't remember exactly which bit you say I said was fluff. If you would please post it in its entirety.

In post 70, Wake1 wrote:What I did find a bit odd was his 's last sentence, where he says I pretty much called everyone who didn't post "/confirm" Scum, which I didn't. Huh.
You did, you either voted or FoSed the majority of players who had posted since the game started

And? You forgot to mention Boonskies, Burning_Town, and Aegor. So what if I
FoS
'd them? Forgive me, but this is Mafia, where paranoia and accusations to gain reactions is the norm. This isn't Monopoly where you try to buy each other's properties.

In post 70, Wake1 wrote:Then NM wonders why I find his post interesting, and that his paranoia raises him up a bit in my list. Which in itself is interesting. At least to me.
Again, why is paranoia a towntell?

As I said earlier.

In post 70, Wake1 wrote:Salamence et al should explain themselves a bit more, too. I vote NM for what looks like a gaffe, and then FoS another guy doing the same thing, to gauge reactions. You can call that bad all you want, but you'd be incorrect. It's not hypocritical in the slightest if you're trying to Scumhunt.

Wrong. I NEVER said that. You did. Just because I'm reaction testing doesn't mean paranoid Townies or clever Scum can't get their take on it.

You reaction test ended the moment you called it a reaction test, so why is your vote still on me if I moved up your town list?
Incorrect. Every subsequent reaction is valuable. If you have not noticed already, at least two other players have questioned the responses in response to my opening post which started all this fun. :lol:
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:41 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 70, Wake1 wrote:

Reinoe's vote is crappy, too. This is Day 1, folks. Day 1 is nothing
but
paranoia and speculation. :lol:
@farside as well...

I try to always explain my vote. It's almost as if you guys would have preferred naked vote, which is just not my style.

Setup speculation is a dumb timewaster that people do to look busy. And I find that paranoia increases as the game goes on not decreases. That's my personal experience, maybe some other folks are different.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:46 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 78, Wake1 wrote:Incorrect. Every subsequent reaction is valuable. If you have not noticed already, at least two other players have questioned the responses in response to my opening post which started all this fun. :lol:
How will you moving your vote somewhere useful affect your reaction test? And please respond to the rest of my post
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:51 am

Post by Toomai »

In post 61, TheAdrienC wrote:I guess Hunterseeker's vote on NM isn't counting?
You mean in ? No, because that was before gamestart on confirms. I've added a note for it in the previous votecount.

Votecount D1-2
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
L-11
Salamence20
L-11
TheAdrienC
L-11
reinoe
L-11
Wake88
L-5
Not_Mafia, Salamence20, Clusk92, Scarab, TheAdrienC, reinoe
Burning_TowN
L-11
shaddowez
L-11
Damon_Gant
L-11
Mirhawk
L-11
Not_Mafia
L-9
farside22, Wake88
Aegor
L-11
Scarab
L-11
farside22
L-11
Boonskiies
L-11
BroodKingEXE
L-11
Soren
L-10
Alina
Aeronaut
L-11
HunterSeeker
L-11
Clusk92
L-11
BP
L-11
Alina
L-10
shaddowez
Not voting:
Sharpest-knife-on-tree, Burning_TowN, Damon_Gant, Mirhawk, Aegor, Boonskiies, BroodKingEXE, Soren, Aeronaut, HunterSeeker, BP
Not yet confirmed:
Damon_Gant, Mirhawk, Soren
Activityreinoe is V/LA until 08/07/2014.
Current deadline27/07/2014 11:27 (EDT)
(expired on 2014-07-27 11:27:31)
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:53 am

Post by Clusk92 »

In post 78, Wake1 wrote:
In post 75, Clusk92 wrote: Reaction testing sort of loses its effect when you tell people what you're doing.
Not when you keep drawing out waves of subsequent reactions. :)
Apart from the fact that scum know what you're doing so can adjust their reactions appropriately to look like town.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:55 am

Post by Aegor »

VOTE: Wake88 for obvious reasons.

Scum, if you want a quicklynch, run up reinoe. ;)
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:22 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 79, reinoe wrote:
In post 70, Wake1 wrote:

Reinoe's vote is crappy, too. This is Day 1, folks. Day 1 is nothing
but
paranoia and speculation. :lol:
@farside as well...

I try to always explain my vote. It's almost as if you guys would have preferred naked vote, which is just not my style.

Setup speculation is a dumb timewaster that people do to look busy. And I find that paranoia increases as the game goes on not decreases. That's my personal experience, maybe some other folks are different.
I didn't say that I stated it felt tacked on and almost like you felt like you had to add something.

In post 80, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 78, Wake1 wrote:Incorrect. Every subsequent reaction is valuable. If you have not noticed already, at least two other players have questioned the responses in response to my opening post which started all this fun. :lol:
I think he hit most point in green in what he quoted from you.

How will you moving your vote somewhere useful affect your reaction test? And please respond to the rest of my post
In post 83, Aegor wrote:VOTE: Wake88 for obvious reasons.

Scum, if you want a quicklynch, run up reinoe. ;)
So you think wakes comments there after is scummy....why?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:23 am

Post by farside22 »

@not mafia:

I think he hit most point in green in what he quoted from you.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:24 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Oh missed Wake's response, please bold stuff like that or break the tags in future
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:28 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

There's colour tags when I quote but it just appears in black when I'm reading normally. Is this something in my settings?
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:37 am

Post by Alina »

Okay, I ended up getting back way earlier than I thought I would, so hi.

Responses to wake88:

No, I'm not an alt. Also, I'd like someone to answer this for me, I really don't understand how asking someone "are you scum," is supposed to get an answer worth anything. I guess, theoretically, someone's choice of words could be different, depending, but you'd have to know that person somewhat well for that to mean anything. I've never understood why people would ask that, so if anyone could explain that to me, please do.

Also, I'm confused why you would admit what you're doing is a reaction test. Shouldn't you, you know, keep testing for a while? Getting scared, fearful for your life maybe, after getting a few votes?

@TheAdrienC

You think starting a bandwagon by page 2 is excessive, but yet you join in on one on page 3. What's the big difference between the two pages that's so important? Also, how are we supposed to "get more info before the hammer," if you're voting him? Shouldn't you want to pressure other people so, oh, I don't know, other people talk and contribute, and potentially scumslip?

Along with
farside22
, I agree also felt reinoe's explanation for their vote on wake88's vote was forced, but I believe them for now when they say they just wanted to explain why. I wouldn't want to just vote someone without explaining, either.

@Aegor

Why do you think scum would vote reinoe if they wanted a quicklynch? They don't have a single vote against them, as far as I can tell. I would think scum would moreso want to join in on the wake88 wagon, if he's town.
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:05 am

Post by Scarab »

In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5987837#p5987837]post 74[/url], Clusk92 wrote:
In post 60, Scarab wrote:
Unvote: Not_Mafia

Vote: Wake88

What the fuck...?
Missed this post, why did you change vote, was it because he FoSed you?
Do you actually think based on his post that this is the most likely reason?
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:15 am

Post by TheAdrienC »

@Alinda

Like I initially did with farside, right? I'm one of two people so far to change votes if I recall correctly. The other 19 have either not voted or kept their vote on one person (yourself included). Don't think I'm the person to criticize about not putting more pressure on multiple people with my vote.

I'm putting pressure on him (wake) until he gives me reason not to suspect him. But don't fret as I'm keeping an eye out on other potential scummers. Something else I'm trying to do is figure out who I believe to be town. Process of elimination is a powerful too. I've got my vote on my best scum-read. Is it a 100% scumread? Maybe not that much (more like 70 or something as it is still early), but he's my top candidate so I'm keeping my vote on him for now. When another person I believe is suspect to me pops up, I will put my vote there. For the time being, I want Wake88 to explain himself better or someone to screw up worse before I change my vote.

As for the page count, it was still RVS when farside put up the vote I criticized on page 2. My page 3 vote came when I saw something actually scummy from someone who I believe has a chance to be scum.

I do agree that reinoe's explanation on wake was a bit lacking, but I don't really know what's going on with his V/LA which may have rushed his post. I'm perfectly willing to prod him to get him to explain it more when he returns as he's my second read for the moment.

I don't understand Aegor's post either. Can you explain that better, Aegor?

Anyone else notice there's a lot of people who have yet to post?
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:21 am

Post by Alina »

I was just pointing you out because you said you wanted more info before the hammer, but then you proceeded to vote him instead of doing, well...anything else. I can understand your thought process, though, so I don't think as bad of it as I initially did.

I don't necessarily think it was LACKING, just that it was forced. But as I said, I understand why it came across that way, since just tossing a vote with no explanation is kind of lame, and they wanted to avoid that.

The thread has been open for barely any time at all, people will show up eventually. I hope so, anyways.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:32 am

Post by Boonskiies »

hmm...
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:35 am

Post by TheAdrienC »

In post 92, Boonskiies wrote:hmm...
Content please?
FoS Boonskiies
. I'm upgrading that to a vote if your next post lacks it.
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:35 am

Post by TheAdrienC »

FoS Boonskiies
. Tag fail.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:40 am

Post by Soren »

/confirm

Holy, looks like I missed a lot.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:41 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 78, Wake1 wrote:
FoS
At times. Depends on my mood, and how unpredictable I feel like being.
Okay, then link me to games where you've used this type of reaction test and it's been useful
In post 70, Wake1 wrote:
know
Paranoia's a Town trait because Scum typically knows who the Town members are. The only exception is multiball, but that's left up to the imagination.

I read utter paranoia as a Town trait because it's usually tough for Scum to perfectly mimic it when they usually know who's who. Come on, you know this.

And another thing: I don't see anything wrong with Setup speculation. Day 1 is nothing but speculation, so complaining about gameplay spec in the Day when everything's spec is, to say the least, hypocritical. Gameplay spec may not advance the game, but what sort of speculation and paranois does Day 1?

Can't remember exactly which bit you say I said was fluff. If you would please post it in its entirety.
If you think day 1 is purely speculation then why are you reaction testing? There is information day 1, wagons are information, post content is information, to say day 1 posting is irrelevant because "it's all speculation" is just disingeuous.

And I was referring to this...
In post 50, Wake1 wrote:Hey now, that's ridiculous Farside. 5:16 seems way too unbalanced. I'm iffy even on 4:17. I can see 4:16:1, or 3:3:15 even. And, Farside, don't be too quick to judge a book by its cover. Take some time getting to know the person first, I always say.
Also, you're now saying multiball is an exception to your paranoia thing, yet you listed multi-ball setups as your possibilities.
In post 70, Wake1 wrote:
And? You forgot to mention Boonskies, Burning_Town, and Aegor. So what if I
FoS
'd them? Forgive me, but this is Mafia, where paranoia and accusations to gain reactions is the norm. This isn't Monopoly where you try to buy each other's properties.
Blindly calling everyone scum accomplished what exactly?
In post 70, Wake1 wrote:
Wrong. I NEVER said that. You did. Just because I'm reaction testing doesn't mean paranoid Townies or clever Scum can't get their take on it.
You've dismissed every criticism leveled at you by claiming reaction test. This is a fact.
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:51 am

Post by Clusk92 »

In post 89, Scarab wrote:
In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5987837#p5987837]post 74[/url], Clusk92 wrote:
In post 60, Scarab wrote:
Unvote: Not_Mafia

Vote: Wake88

What the fuck...?
Missed this post, why did you change vote, was it because he FoSed you?
Do you actually think based on his post that this is the most likely reason?
No, I'm just looking for specific clarification on why you voted someone.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:55 am

Post by Soren »

Wait, so the first day lasts for 24 days? :O
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:57 am

Post by TheAdrienC »

Or until a lynch occurs. Whichever happens first.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”