Newbie 14 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:24 pm

Post by Jaguar »

Well, all this has not lessened my suspicions of both thorred and Dragon Phoenix.

I expect that the cop's investigation came back innocent last night if he/she hasn't spoken out. I would like to think that in this case, the cop would stay silent to ensure he/she lives past night 2 to do another investigation.

This would mean that we are on our own to make a decision for today.

So anyone ready to cast any votes yet? It's still a toss-up for me.
I need a new tagline...
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:11 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Thorred is innocent.
I am the cop.

Two out of the three others are scum. Again, do not vote yet, but discuss first. At the moment I am most suspicious of Jaguar and Talitha.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:51 pm

Post by Talitha »

Hmmm interesting... but not entirely unexpected. :)
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:42 am

Post by Jaguar »

Woohoo. I am suspicious. 8) I've never been suspected of anything. I guess there's always a first.

Oh, wait. That's not good. Hhhm. Interesting revelation by the cop. I wonder why he revealed himself, guaranteeing his death tonight without a positive identification of someone being mafia.

*Just thinking out loud here*

OK, so he reveals himself and an innocent, increasing the chance of lynching mafia today. That's good. One mafia gone. But then the remaining mafia takes him out Night 2 and then there were three. 2 town and 1 mafia with one of those town being confirmed innocent. I guess that increases the odds of us winning :)

*looks suspiciously at Talitha based on DP's revelation*
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:39 am

Post by Morpheus »

Hmmm, ok since no one protests Dp being cop, he must be it. So he and thorred are confirmed innocents. That leaves Jaguar and me and talitha. Why does your suspicions fall on talitha, jaguar? Talitha has done nothing suspicous yet. You also went after DP, with only the reason of him putting the last vote on the doc. Although I too was somewhat suspicous, I had a different and what seemed better reason to be suspicous. I thought he should have waited for a claim while you thought he was suspicous just for putting the last vote on him. Hmmm I will think this over and post more later.
Yeah..
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:51 pm

Post by Talitha »

Jeesh, I would've bet money that one of you two were going to jump up and down and call DP a liar! Seeing as you haven't I can only come to one conclusion.. that you're both scum. Let me just say, very nice work, the pair of you....

Now if only there were some way to convince the rest of the town.... (the pair I were convinced were both mafia up until a few minutes ago)... ugh... I don't like the odds here.

(I'm not sure if questions to the mod are allowed but I'll try anyway)
Phoebus: Are you able to confirm that the roles were assigned to players randomly, with no tweaking for balance?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:29 pm

Post by Talitha »

Wait - there's one other (slight) possibility.
Thorred, you're not the cop are you?
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:29 pm

Post by Morpheus »

If DP was a liar then someone with the role of cop would protest. I for one am not te cop so I have no reason not to bielieve him.
Yeah..
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:24 pm

Post by Jaguar »

Interesting developments. Too busy to post other than I am keeping up with the thread. Will post more tomorrow. (Have to get my hubby to the oral surgeon to get wisdom teeth removed)
I need a new tagline...
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:18 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

If the mod does not mind, I still like to see some more posts from the three suspects, so we can make up our minds....
At the moment, I'm pretty convinced that Jaguar is scum. I'm torn between Talitha and Morpheus - acutally, I expected Talitha to claim cop after me if she is scum.... that would have had a very high chance of success. Morpheus has a little less experience and might have missed that chance, if he is scum. One problem I have is that I have seen plenty of games of Talitha 9and I know she is a good player), whereas I have seen little of Morpheus.
I'm also interested to hear Thorreds opinion.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:52 pm

Post by Phoebus »

If the mod does not mind, I still like to see some more posts from the three suspects
Mind what? There's a healthy amount of discussion in this game. More than there was in the one I played in and more in general with regards to them all I think.
If you're worried about a deadline...don't be...I'm not putting one up....yet...
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
thorred
thorred
Goon
thorred
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:40 pm

Post by thorred »

No, I'm not cop.
Morpheus is attacking a lot, more than Jaguar and Talitha anyway. As DP said that Talitha is a good player, so she could be good at pretending to be townie. I'm waiting to hear a bit more from Jaguar before I can decide who's scummiest.

And maybe I can think more clearly after I've had some sleep.
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:37 pm

Post by Morpheus »

I am not trying to
attack
anyone. I am simply trying to get my suspicions out in the open. I'm trying to help by pointing out things that seem suspicous to me. Is there anything wrong with that?
Yeah..
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:40 pm

Post by Talitha »

Firstly, I didn't claim cop after DP because a)I'm not the cop, b)I'm not scum and therefore c)It never entered my mind. I thought DP was lying about being the cop so the real cop would come forward for DP's mafia buddy to kill them tonight. I was wrong however.

Well now that I am 100% sure who the mafia are, I have been though the thread again and I can't pick out any obvious proof of scumminess from either of their early behaviour. Their behaviour after DP's revelation has been quite revealing though I think:
Jaguar wrote:OK, so he reveals himself and an innocent, increasing the chance of lynching mafia today. That's good. One mafia gone. But then the remaining mafia takes him out Night 2 and then there were three. 2 town and 1 mafia with one of those town being confirmed innocent. I guess that increases the odds of us winning
*looks suspiciously at Talitha based on DP's revelation*
She obviously is completely aware that there are 2 mafia. She is quite aware of how many players are left in the game. If she were truly innocent, wouldn't one of her first thoughts have been: "Well if DP, Thorred, and myself are innocent, that only leaves Morpheus & Talitha. They both must be scum." But no, she looks suspiciously at me, and only me.

and,
Morpheus wrote:Hmmm, ok since no one protests Dp being cop, he must be it. So he and thorred are confirmed innocents. That leaves Jaguar and me and talitha. Why does your suspicions fall on talitha, jaguar? Talitha has done nothing suspicous yet.
Again I ask, would Morpheus have said this if he was innocent? If he were innocent, and he knows there are 3 of us unconfirmed and 2 are scum, he would automatically know that both of the other 2 must be scum. He did not draw that conclusion though. Why? Well because he's not innocent.

I will happily lynch either of these two today. But I'll let DP & Thorred decide who to lynch, as they are the confirmed innocents.
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:46 pm

Post by Morpheus »

I did not say Hey jaguar and talitha must be scum because I'm innocent because I didn't think anyone would believe me. Instead I just stayed along the normal lines and pointed out what I thought looked suspicous. I wanted to know why I should consider voting for you. I wanted to know why jaguar thought you were suspicous.
Yeah..
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:54 pm

Post by Talitha »

Well, when I figure out who the scum are with absolutely no doubt, I like to share my knowledge with the town. Even if they don't believe me, at least I've said it, and have "I told you so" rights.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:46 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I tend to believe Talitha, agree with her analysis of the posts, and still think she would have claimed cop after me, if she were scum.

Challenge to Jaguar and Morpheus (and Thorred as well, a nice learning experience - it's a newbie game after all ;) )... go through the previous posts and see whether you can find anything that incriminates Talitha. :)
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:09 am

Post by Jaguar »

My apologies for not checking in earlier. My day was way too hectic yesterday.
Talitha wrote:She obviously is completely aware that there are 2 mafia. She is quite aware of how many players are left in the game. If she were truly innocent, wouldn't one of her first thoughts have been: "Well if DP, Thorred, and myself are innocent, that only leaves Morpheus & Talitha. They both must be scum." But no, she looks suspiciously at me, and only me.
I realized after I had posted and logged off that there are still two mafia remaining. It completely slipped my mind when I briefly logged on the other day. As mentioned in my post where I glared at Talitha, that was based completely on DP's post where he mentioned that Talitha and I appeared suspicious. I know I am not scum, therefore Talitha had to be scum as well as Morpheus.

Everyone is aware with the doc dead and nobody refuting the cop, there is only one role to claim and Talitha is doing that quite well. Maybe this is inexperience speaking, but I would not have thought of claiming to be a cop when I am innocent.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:00 pm

Post by Talitha »

Jaguar wrote:OK, so he reveals himself and an innocent, increasing the chance of lynching mafia today. That's good. One mafia gone. But then the remaining mafia takes him out Night 2 and then there were three. 2 town and 1 mafia
(.... etc)
That is the post we are talking about, right? Where you say that if we lynch a mafia today, there will be one remaining?
And now you're saying:
Jaguar wrote:I realized after I had posted and logged off that there are still two mafia remaining. It completely slipped my mind when I briefly logged on the other day.
I'm sure your maths is good enough that you realise that 1+1=2 :)
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:55 pm

Post by Morpheus »

Talitha wrote:Firstly, I didn't claim cop after DP because a)I'm not the cop, b)I'm not scum and therefore c)It never entered my mind.
Thats exactly the same as what I thought. I didn't claim cop for the same reasons.
Yeah..
thorred
thorred
Goon
thorred
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:57 am

Post by thorred »

I think I be ready to vote Jaguar now (based on her last post), if DP be with me.
(holding vote now, nb: not bolded)

Talitha wrote:
Jeesh, I would've bet money that one of you two were going to jump up and down and call DP a liar! Seeing as you haven't I can only come to one conclusion.. that you're both scum. Let me just say, very nice work, the pair of you....
Erm, you didn't jump up and down and call DP a liar, so you are scum?
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:15 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I'm 95% convinced that Jaguar is one of the two scum. However, I'd like to discuss the full choice today, as I obviously will not be around tomorrow.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:27 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I have to make either Talitha or Morpheus a compliment (or heaven forbid both, if I'm wrong about Jaguar) for a well-played game as scum. I'm still leaning strongly towards Morpheus being scum with Jaguar, mainly based on the argument that Talitha would probably have claimed cop after me if she were scum.

Also Jaguar's flirting with
not-voting
for Talitha in day 1 looks a bit too obvious if they are scum together.

I say we take out Jaguar now, and I'd advise you to take out Morpheus tomorrow. Unless someone comes up with a different plan.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:00 pm

Post by Jaguar »

Just a quick post to say that I have limited access at the moment. Hope to have more time tomorrow to read and post.
I need a new tagline...
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:37 pm

Post by Morpheus »

Scum should have claimed cop because since they didn't they're dead. So thats makes everyone just as suspicous with that arguement. I am not scum. So I don't really care which scum is lynched today, Talitha or Jaguar.
Yeah..

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”