NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:44 am

Post by Plessiez »

It's day 1. Deadline for the day is March 28th, 21:59 UTC. That's (expired on 2014-03-28 17:59:48).

Vote Count 1.3
Doc Holliday [5 votes] (DeasVail, talah, Mister Rogers, bjc, Luca Blight)
bjc [3 votes] (ThAdmiral, Peregrine V, Damon_Gant)
Damon_Gant [2 votes] (4nxi3ty, SnowStorm)
talah [1 vote] (Doc Holliday)
ThAdmiral [1 vote] (Zdenek)

8 players are not voting
: {aptil, BBmolla, BipolarChemist, mastin2, Nero Cain, RachMarie, Smudger, Yates}

With
players alive it takes
votes to lynch somebody or to go to night.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:18 am

Post by DeasVail »

Zdenek! I feel that our reads are similar (I can't say I'm feeling Damon-scum yet though), but you're scumreading me and that's not very good, so I'll kindly ask you to stop.

Also, Mister Rogers, I can't think of any reason for you to have ignored my question about why you were so interested in getting the link to the game with talah and I, so please answer it.

Doc, is not anything like what you said at the time.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:29 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 6, DeasVail wrote:Hey!
Hello!
In post 44, Damon_Gant wrote:
In post 21, bjc wrote:I'm scum.
What a peculiar post. No meaning, no purpose, no humour. Everything else in this game thus far is smoke clouding my vision.
Vote: bjc
I dunno, man. I loled.

I'd like to hear more from DV on what he thinks of talah's opening post. DV, do you think it's scum indicative?
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:31 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 46, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 40, DeasVail wrote: I can also confirm that talah was not burned by me whatsoever. Rogers, what was it that gave you that impression? Also, why are you so interested in the game? What do you hope to gain from having the link to it?
In post 7, talah wrote:Hi Deas! You town
this time
?
It was more of a hunch and a suitable point to push on. I liked her reaction under pressure quite well.
I just wanted proof of her explanation. It also does provide meta of your scum game and her town game for reference.
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:35 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 77, BipolarChemist wrote:I'd like to hear more from DV on what he thinks of talah's opening post. DV, do you think it's scum indicative?
No.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:37 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

I'm kind of in the boat that Mr. Roger's pressuring was over-done at game start.

VOTE: Mister Rog
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:47 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

@BP: Have you read the entire thread?
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:49 am

Post by bjc »

In post 24, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 9, PeregrineV wrote:
Vote: ThaD

You haven't posted in the neighborhood QT yet. What's up with that?
Lolz, I'll get on that :P

In other news I like being out of rvs within 3 live posts. While its sort of forced (what super early day 1 case stuff isn't) I still like rogers better for it.
Lemme guess: "reaction testing"?

vote: bjc

There you go, now you can call me scum for "taking the bait".
So my question here is why the above fake-claim/joke is okay while mine isn't?
In post 25, Doc Holliday wrote:
There is no legitimate purpose to this as Town. bjc is either scum or not worth listening to. Obtuse gambits are anti-Town.

Sticking with talah for now, but this deserves a vote later.
:igmeou: Horrible. First off, since when was this a gambit?
Second, why is something like that posted in RVS even taken seriously?
Lastly, I like that you say this deserves a vote yet stick with who you're voting at the time. Doesn't make a lot of sense for someone that just scolded me for claiming scum in my opening post. :roll:
In post 32, Mister Rogers wrote:@BJC: What's your take on the game so far?
Are you the talkative type? After reading the newbie game you were a part of with BB and molla, I'm thinking yes. :D
In post 36, aptil wrote:Bjc already looks like he is going to be a lynch bait here.
Forever and always <3
In post 39, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 31, bjc wrote:Yeah there is nothing town about a joke early in the game. Sheesh.
In post 33, bjc wrote:I have nothing so far considering I made one comment right before I left for home, just got home when I made the other comment while skimming the game.

So yeah... I have no "take" on this game so far at all, lol. Except for the usual people that are too uptight.
In post 35, bjc wrote:
vote: Doc

I'll be back tomorrow to offer actual opinions, and this vote is based on a skim of the thread.
A joke usually indicates humor, or can be used to relieve tension.
Your opening post did none of that.
And if a joke, you forgot to show you are town by self-voting.

It's all of 30 posts. What's there to skim?

Would also throw a vote BBMolla's way for scum-placing out.
Yeah, well that's like, your opinion, man.

What's there to skim? All thirty posts I guess. Self-voting is town?
What a peculiar post. No meaning, no purpose, no humour. Everything else in this game thus far is smoke clouding my vision.
I find your breakdown of my post fascinating.

Bad vote.
In post 48, Luca Blight wrote:You can't read much from bjc's opening post; you have to question why scum would want to draw attention to themselves so needlessly early on, but it could be some sort of ridiculous bluff.

He comes across as apathetic, which I would attribute more to Town in the early stages of a game as opposed to scum.
You have to question why people needlessly ponder why bjc posted it in the first place, unless you're scum pointing fingers this early for something so silly to get an early wagon on someone, I guess.
"
I am literally panicking right now because
I'm a fucking VT
and it really looks like I'm gonna get lynched and that scares me. I'd like to survive past Day 1.
"
-The great LeMidget
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:52 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 81, Mister Rogers wrote:@BP: Have you read the entire thread?
Ya, bro.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:55 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

mmkay. Carry on.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:56 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

Aww I was hoping for some questions. MR, whatchu think about bjc's wall of text up there^?
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:05 am

Post by Yates »

I'm V/LA due to a brew competition this weekend. I'll be active starting Monday.

That said... what is this?
In post 39, PeregrineV wrote:Would also throw a vote BBMolla's way for scum-placing out.
Does BBMolla
actually
have a track record of replacing out of games as scum or are you being terrible for no reason? You are better than this.

VOTE: PeregrineV
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:17 am

Post by talah »

In post 59, Zdenek wrote: Taleh, is this DV dotting i's and crossing t's?

I really dislike that first sentence and that question about why someone would ask for a link to a game odd.
It seems more like commentary/observation to me, and having had to specify so early one of the major things I'd look for in scumreading Deas virtually invalidates it. I do have a few other things I'd be keeping an eye out for but for now I'm not concerned and happy to lean town.
In post 36, aptil wrote:Bjc already looks like he is going to be a lynch bait here .

Talah is bad all over . He has one decent post explaining his decisions otherwise he has been bad all over .
So if I've had a bunch of 'bad' posts and one 'decent' post what's your opinion? Was the 'decent' post enough to invalidate all of the 'bad' posts, or are you weighing my alignment only numerically on your opinion of what posts are 'bad' or 'decent'?

Also I left the bjc thing in because lynchbait can only be town, right? So you're townreading bjc? Why?
In post 62, Doc Holliday wrote:
In post 40, DeasVail wrote:Talah 1) Called for allies 2) Blindly sheeped those allies 3) Reacted badly to a case being made. For early day one, that's a slam dunk case that I'm not going to "wait and see" on.
1)
What allies did I call for? Was it:

a)
Deas and mastin, suggesting if we're all town we might join forces, in the extremely early (as in, I-couldn't-possibly-have-a-read early) response garnering comment I made?
or,
b)
The entire roster of people I have previously interacted with in the playerlist?

2)
Who were the other
allies
that I was *also* sheeping?
I'll tell you right now that I've sheeped
scumreads
before, because I think it's a useful way to find out if there's conviction and validity behind a case, and to see of others join a wagon and why.

3)
What case did I react badly to? The case being made about me? Which I know to be bullshit? Do tell me how I was supposed to react in your eyes to a super-early overblown case which was 'ur post ain genuwin son', or if you're referring to something else, please clarify.

You appear to be twisting words to exaggerate the validity of your vote, and I might add that your entrance was pretty much what you appear to be accusing me of, in that you sheep Mister and appear to buddy up to him by implicitly agreeing with everything he's said and adding the 'coalition' statement.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:18 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 85, BipolarChemist wrote:Aww I was hoping for some questions. MR, whatchu think about bjc's wall of text up there^?
WoT kicks the proverbial butt. :)
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:25 am

Post by talah »

Borked quote tags in my post , should be this.
In post 62, Doc Holliday wrote:Talah 1) Called for allies 2) Blindly sheeped those allies 3) Reacted badly to a case being made. For early day one, that's a slam dunk case that I'm not going to "wait and see" on.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:07 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Yo.

I have a proposal: larges these days have exploded in length. I am proposing we limit posts per person to be five a day, to see if we can get the shortest recent large game.
In post 10, talah wrote:
In post 8, Mister Rogers wrote:Your entrance to this game is not genuine.
*yawn* Actually I know more folks playing here than I realised, so -general hello- and down to business.
@Mister, not genuine
how
?
Vote: talah
(Rogers is town.)
In post 14, DeasVail wrote:
Vote: Doc Holliday
DV's town, too.
In post 21, bjc wrote:I'm town.
Fixed that for him. (He is.)
In post 24, ThAdmiral wrote:In other news I like being out of rvs within 3 live posts. While its sort of forced (what super early day 1 case stuff isn't) I still like rogers better for it.
Lemme guess: "reaction testing"?
vote: bjc

There you go, now you can call me scum for "taking the bait".
ThAdmiral, you are a
boss
. (Of course he is, being an admiral means being a boss of a lot of captains! :P But seriously, ThAd's town.)
In post 25, Doc Holliday wrote:
There is no legitimate purpose to this as Town. bjc is either scum or not worth listening to. Obtuse gambits are anti-Town.

Sticking with talah for now, but this deserves a vote later.
This is probably scum, too, though not certainly so.
In post 34, 4nxi3ty wrote:hyperagressive scum?
No, I actually think Rogers is being reasonable (not hyper-aggressive). He's one of my strongest townreads already.
In post 36, aptil wrote:Doc's RVS vote was bad and the vote by Deas was something i would have done too . But his posts afterwards read town to me .
Bjc already looks like he is going to be a lynch bait here .
Talah is bad all over . He has one decent post explaining his decisions otherwise he has been bad all over .
Also town.
In post 41, Luca Blight wrote:
Vote: Doc
Probably town.
This, however, is definitely scum. You want a town voting bjc? (Or, at the least, more likely to be town.) Look at PV's. That, genuine-or-at-least-appearing-so. This, not so much.
In post 72, SnowStorm wrote:Hi, hello.

Vote: Damon Grant.
Damon_Gant wrote:You're going to have to excuse me for being stupid here. The only point I see zdenek making about me is "#4", which you'll forgive me if I don't find it to be spectacular analysis. Obviously I'm missing something here so can someone explain it to me? I'll pre-emptively point out that I barely read the post I was supposed to be sheeping. Honestly,
there's only so much one can say about a post that says "I'm scum", so it's unsurprising we have similar things to say about it.

And yes, I guess I did overjustify my absence which is turning out not to be so much so anyway thanks to this nifty iPad keyboard I got today. I appreciate the birthday wishes, even if they are laced with poison!
Why say anything about it even? It looks like you just picked up the easiest thing to comment and base a vote on and didn't even bother to read the posts after it. It looked like posting just for the sake of posting, as if you just wanted to blend in.

The defensive tone of this post also bothers me.
Also town.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 34, 4nxi3ty wrote:
In post 11, Mister Rogers wrote:That's even more scumtastic.

Obfuscation is now added to the lack of sincerity.
overstating a tad here

logic's got an overexplainy vibe

hyperagressive scum? shrug, too early to tell.

vote: Mister Rogers
"Too early to tell" but you'll vote him anyway?
In post 40, DeasVail wrote:ThAdmiral, is there any point to your vote on bjc other than to look town?
I just hate this sort of behaviour. And then he follows it up with "It's just a joke, sheesh" acting all surprised people are jumping on him after he claimed scum. Come on.
In post 49, Zdenek wrote:
In post 9, PeregrineV wrote:
Vote: ThaD

You haven't posted in the neighborhood QT yet. What's up with that?
Vote: ThAd
Just to clarify I'm not actually in a neighborhood.

Can you explain why you're white-knighting bjc so much?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 82, bjc wrote:So my question here is why the above fake-claim/joke is okay while mine isn't?
I didn't claim an anti-town role.
In post 87, talah wrote:Also I left the bjc thing in because lynchbait can only be town, right? So you're townreading bjc? Why?
good question.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by talah »

Oh god, mastin rolled scum and it looks like multifaction.

mastin - why did you delete the spacing in the quote of mine you posted? I actually responded to Mister, addressed everyone else I'd played with generally, then asked Mister a question (which is apparent in the fact that I, well, readdressed him with the @ symbol). Removing the spacing makes it look like the entire thing was in response to the quote, which it wasn't.

Secondly why are my and Mister's interactions town vs scum? Do you think I fooled Mister to the point where he's no longer voting me - meaning he's town and his push was good but he's wrong?

Lastly I'll post as much as I like thank you very much. Less than 4 pages a day on day 1 is *nothing* compared to recent larges and I know you know that just from the fact that you were in FE:A and Gundam. So this proposal just seems like a way to squash free conversation and possibly give yourself a reason to complain about excessive activity if you decide to lurk.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ mastin: glad you think I'm town and all, and I agree with you on rogers but why is talah scum? Is it just because rogers was questioning her (?) early? I think talah reads pretty good personally.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Wow thread explosion already?

Talah is a he BTW he was in one of the Newbie games I modded.

Yates is correct that vote on BB is rather suspicious, I have played with BB a lot and he replaces out due to RL issues not because of alignment.

VOTE: Pere
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by bjc »

In post 92, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 82, bjc wrote:So my question here is why the above fake-claim/joke is okay while mine isn't?
I didn't claim an anti-town role.
Both were fake, so I don't see the difference.
"
I am literally panicking right now because
I'm a fucking VT
and it really looks like I'm gonna get lynched and that scares me. I'd like to survive past Day 1.
"
-The great LeMidget
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Dang Talah calm down my head is on fire reading your :goodposting:

I have two SERIOUS issues because players I look up to and respect are confusing me badly:

1) Thad -- You are a very experienced player. Can you please explain to me why you are taking BJC's post so literally? If I didn't know it was you, I would think I was reading a low experience player.

2) Mastin -- A) How does Thad get a townread for his BJC vote? I mean on its face how does he become town for basically coasting RVS and buddying me & voting low hanging fruit? B) How does Aptil get a townread for throwing around opinions but no vote for his scum suspect? I mean how on its face does that make him town??
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Talah is very much like his puppy in the pic, sweet and hyper lol.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:22 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

@Mastin: Please add to that C) How does Luca get a townread for a naked Doc vote?????????????

(Sorry posting at work)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”