Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:48 am

Post by Mert »

themanhimself wrote:ithinkweneedtogetontomoreimportatmatterslikelynchingmastermindofsin...

hepushedalynchonmeinh2g2wheniwasthedoc.
:?::?::?:

Vote: TheManHimself / Sherlock
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:30 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

ChannelDelibird wrote:Spectrumvoid - isn't it a bit much to say that the game is going to centre around discussion of disabilities? The point (excuse the pun) of this game is still to find mafia among us. Not talk about how hard it is to do that.
Exactly my point. We should start discussing how to find mafia, not talk about how hard it is. (re: disabilities.) But I'm actually pretty satisfied cos now we've gotten somewhere.

Side-note: sprained my ankle, will use abbreviations and short posts only cos it hurts to sit up.
Blank.
Sherlock
Sherlock
Townie
Sherlock
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:30 am

Post by Sherlock »

spectrumvoid wrote:
ChannelDelibird wrote:Spectrumvoid - isn't it a bit much to say that the game is going to centre around discussion of disabilities? The point (excuse the pun) of this game is still to find mafia among us. Not talk about how hard it is to do that.
Exactly my point. We should start discussing how to find mafia, not talk about how hard it is. (re: disabilities.) But I'm actually pretty satisfied cos now we've gotten somewhere.
Totallyagree,letsgetbacktoactuallyscumhunting.Whilegamemechanicsare
importantyoucan'tdiscussasetupifyouredead.JuustsoyouknowIdon'tactually
wantanMOSlynch,Iwasjustgettinggoingwitharandovote.Herearesomequestions
wecouldallanswertotryandgethegamemoving,
1)Whodoyouthinkisscum?
2)Why?
3)Howmuchscumdoyoupredictforthisgame?
4)Whatabilitiesdoyouthinkaremostimportant?
5)Whatoyouthinkthetownneedstodoinordertowinthisgame?
Pleasefeelfreetoanswerasmanyorasfewoftheseasyouwant,I'mjusttrying
togetthediscussiongoing.
If P then Q.

Everything means [i]something[/i].
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:57 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I'll be surprised if anyone can reasonably answer 1 and 2 with only 4 pages of discussion. 3 will only serve as a way to allow the scum to misdirect us, since there is no info that lends itself towards a particular number of scum yet. 4 will help the scum far more than it will help us. Let people make their own choices. If the scum know what the town thinks is the most important, they will try to pick roles that either counteract the roles we pick, or are the same so they can try to blend in. 5 is way too general, and again will help the scum much more than it helps the town. As soon as you say what you think the town needs to do, that plan becomes obsolete because the scum will develop a counterplan to make our plan fail.

I don't think anyone should answer any questions except 1 or 2, although I doubt anyone can answer those well.
Permanent V/LA.
Sherlock
Sherlock
Townie
Sherlock
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:19 am

Post by Sherlock »

Wow,youtotallyareajerk.Whatareyourideasforgettingdiscussiongoing?
If P then Q.

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:42 am

...how am I a jerk? If I let you go through with your plan, that would be disastrously helpful to the scum. Are you so desparate for discussion that you would be willing to
help
the scum tremendously to get there?
FoS: Sherlock
Permanent V/LA.
Sherlock
Sherlock
Townie
Sherlock
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:06 am

Post by Sherlock »

Sherlock wrote:Whatareyourideasforgettingdiscussiongoing?
Caretosharewiththeclass?
If P then Q.

BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:10 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

vote themanhimself

giterdone
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:31 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Qu3st10n 5 is us3l3ss and qu3st10n 4 h3lps scum, but th3 0th3rs m4y b3 h3lpful 4s l0ng 4s 4nsw3rs 4r3 t4k3n w1th a gr41n 0f s4lt. M0S 1s 0v3rr34ct1ng 4s usu4l.

I p0s1t, w1th 20 pl4y3rs 4nd 3 kills, pr0b4bly 7 scum -- 3-3-1 s33ms r3l4t1v3ly st4nd4rd. But th1s sh0uld b3 t4k3n w1th a gr41n 0f s4lt, 4s p3r usu4l. 4nd 0f c0urs3 1t's w4y t00 34rly f0r th4t k1nd 0f numb3rs t0 m4tt3r.

Y3t t0 p0st c0nt3nt:
7. Lordy (1 p0st, s4y1ng 0nly "C0unt m3 1n!")
9. Mr. Buddy Lee (1 p0st, s4y1ng 0nly "W4sn't m3.")
16. Nightson (3 p0sts, but 0 c0nt3nt)

Tw0mz's m41n c0ntr1but10n w4s pl34d1ng 1gn0r4nc3 0f m4j0r g4m3 m3ch4n1cs, 4nd Pr1m4t3 g3ts a d1sh0n0r4bl3 m3nt10n f0r wh1ng1ng 4b0ut 1t.

I 4m g3tting a f41nt scummy v1b3 fr0m 4x3lr0d 4s w3ll, but th3r3's pl3nty 0f t1m3 t0 d3c1d3 wh4t n33ds t0 b3 d0n3 th3r3. M34nwh1l3 MBL's s1ngl3 p0st l00ks scumm13r th4n L0rdy's -- I s33 2 w4ys t0 t4k3 1t 1n c0nt3xt, n31th3r 1 v3ry 1nn0c3nt-l00k1ng -- s0
Unv0t3: R0ss0 C4rn3, v0te: MrBuddyL33
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Sherlock
Sherlock
Townie
Sherlock
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:11 pm

Post by Sherlock »

GoodpostinginmyopinionTSS.Iamsomewhatskepticalof7scum,inPRM2Iwasscumwithoneotherguyina
gameof20.NoSKoranything.ButIdon'tthinkthatisveryscummy.IcanunderstandyourMBLvote,anddefinitel
seewhatyouaresayingaboutNightson.I'll
unvote
totryandcalmMOSdown,
vote:MBL
totryand
givehimaninterestinthegame,and
FoS:Nightson
formorecontent.
If P then Q.

Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:16 pm

Post by Nightson »

We're four pages in, nobody as done anything scummy as of yet. I never have anything to contribute until someone actuallyt does something.

P.S. You forgot lordy
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:05 pm

Sherlock wrote:
Sherlock wrote:Whatareyourideasforgettingdiscussiongoing?
Caretosharewiththeclass?
we are getting discussion going.
Permanent V/LA.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:52 pm

Post by Twomz »

TSS, I knew about the disabilities... I just didn't know how to obtain one. I suppose it was obvious to just ask for one, but for some reason I didn't think of that :?.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:25 pm

have you read the first couple of posts that say you can ask for one?

FoS: Twomz
Permanent V/LA.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:28 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

It's weird that you post scummy-sounding questions to get discussion going. And it did because we can discuss your Qs, not our As.
Blank.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:39 am

Hence why I FoS'ed him
Permanent V/LA.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:06 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
unvote, Vote: Spectrumvoid, Major FoS: Axelrod, IGMEOY: TMH

Trying to stop discussion of the game mechanics is scummy, as is justifying a vote based on someone's actions in another game. It's not only scummy, it's just plain stupid.
Mastermind of Sin wrote: I'll be surprised if anyone can reasonably answer 1 and 2 with only 4 pages of discussion. 3 will only serve as a way to allow the scum to misdirect us, since there is no info that lends itself towards a particular number of scum yet. 4 will help the scum far more than it will help us. Let people make their own choices. If the scum know what the town thinks is the most important, they will try to pick roles that either counteract the roles we pick, or are the same so they can try to blend in. 5 is way too general, and again will help the scum much more than it helps the town. As soon as you say what you think the town needs to do, that plan becomes obsolete because the scum will develop a counterplan to make our plan fail.

I don't think anyone should answer any questions except 1 or 2, although I doubt anyone can answer those well.
There appears to be a certain disconnect between these two posts, MOS. On the one hand, you criticize people who suggest that discussing disabilities might not be a good thing (to the point of calling it "just plain stupid"), but then you criticize Sherlock for wanting to discuss what abilities are the most important, and what the town should do to win?

That seems somewhat off. I don't think the difference between a discussion of "disabilities" and a discussion of "abilities" justifies the two different positions you have taken here.

Do you think there's a difference? Or did you just change your mind?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:58 pm

Name me one logical reason why discussing disabilities will help the scum. I can't think of a single one, but I can think of a multitude of reasons why discussing Sherlock's questions could be disastrous.
Permanent V/LA.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:02 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

I'm leaning more towards the side of Sherlock being a confused townie. He's newbie, so I cut him a little slack. Also, it's a little wifomish but that's such bad play.
Blank.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:38 am

Post by Axelrod »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Name me one logical reason why discussing disabilities will help the scum. I can't think of a single one, but I can think of a multitude of reasons why discussing Sherlock's questions could be disastrous.
My "logical" reason is the one I already said, which is that it gives the scum enough information to fake a disability claim.

To which it was responded that the scum have no need to fake disabilitiy claims, they will simply either take one or not and no need to lie about it. Which is a fair point, and might even be true.
My
point, however, is this: I think it's somewhat less likely that the scum would saddle themselves with a "major" disability this early without having any idea of what that would entail. How "bad" is "bad." Not if they have a collective pool of points to spend and there is no actual need for them to get extra points by buying disabilities. It seems somewhat more likely that they would wait, and see what Major disabilities look like. They might very well take a minor one, figuring that it wouldn't hurt them. But to take a Major one with no information (and no pressing need) would be ballsy.

With the discussion so far, they probably have enough info to fake one now if they wanted to, but probably not before.

TSS: I am assuming that your disability is "major" based on Sherlock saying that his is Major. Your's seems at least as inconvenient. So if yours is actually minor, then I'd say Sherlock looks worse for that claim. If it's also major, then I'd say things at least appear consistent.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:54 am

I could've faked a major one from the start of the day if I needed to. It would've been hella easy. There is no point to doing it, and your argument that scum are less likely to take a disability is WIFOM because I'm sure they've thought of the same thing you did, so some of them would take one just to seem more protown. Personally, I would've taken a major and a minor regardless of alignment, because that just makes the game more fun. I'm not gonna get the chance to do this in other games, so why not do it here? Even if the mafia have a collective pool of points to spend (what proof do we have of this anyways?), if they take a disability they'll have even more points to spend, which would make them even more powerful. So it's still to their advantage to take a disability anyways.
Permanent V/LA.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:06 am

Post by Axelrod »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I could've faked a major one from the start of the day if I needed to. It would've been hella easy. There is no point to doing it, and your argument that scum are less likely to take a disability is WIFOM because I'm sure they've thought of the same thing you did, so some of them would take one just to seem more protown. Personally, I would've taken a major and a minor regardless of alignment, because that just makes the game more fun. I'm not gonna get the chance to do this in other games, so why not do it here? Even if the mafia have a collective pool of points to spend (what proof do we have of this anyways?), if they take a disability they'll have even more points to spend, which would make them even more powerful. So it's still to their advantage to take a disability anyways.
If you "would have" taken disabilities why didn't you?

It's all well and good to say the mafia could have anticipated this argument and hamstrung themselves without knowing what they were getting into just to look townie - in fact, let's hope they did, and got some really bad ones - but my point is that it's simply less likely.

Also, I do not believe the mafia could have
faked
a major disability from the start of the day. How would they know what was "major?" For example: I wouldn't have thought that a restriction "can't put spaces between words" would have been major. It's really not that disabling. I would have guessed Minor. The "post only in smilies" thing I would have guessed as major, but mafia wouldn't want to fake that one because of the chance that a townie might actually have it.

My disability is not one that can be faked, by the way. :D

We have no proof at all of a "collective" pool of points except that's the way the first Points game was.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:38 am

Haven't you been reading the game? Someone jacked all my points from me last night. I can't buy anything until tonight.

I completely disagree with you here. The mafia could've faked a major disability. I don't think there was any reason in hell that they
would've
, but they certainly could. It's not that hard to make up a restriction. Even if they weren't sure what would count as major or minor (although I thought it was rather obvious to begin with, tbh), they could just fake one until they found out from other people what theirs was classified as, then said the same thing. It's not that hard at all.

I definitely would've thought not putting spaces between words was a major restriction. It's hella annoying and makes shit hard to read. Examples of what I would consider minor would be like having to post exactly 4 sentences every time you post. That's not annoying and it doesn't make shit hard to read, but it does restrict what you're able to do.
Permanent V/LA.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:10 am

Post by Axelrod »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Haven't you been reading the game? Someone jacked all my points from me last night. I can't buy anything until tonight.
Yeah, well, I didn't remember that. You said your credit limit was maxed out. If that's how "role-blocking" works in this game that's one thing. If not, it would imply either the mafia have secret abilities (which was true in the first points game) or there are roles with secret abilities that they don't have to buy (like CPE's)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”