DoubleJD
(L-6): McStab.
Om of the Nom
(L-6): greygnarl.
Bitmap
(L-6): Cheery Dog,

Not Voting
: Venrob.

With Thirteen votes in play, it takes seven To Lynch.
Last edited by Whiskers on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 74, Bitmap wrote:I didn't know about textbook tells till recently.

Well you're two months younger than Dannflor in site years.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:22 pm

Post by Venmar »

@OmNom - I'll be honest, I don't understand your thinking OmNom. Can you dumb it down for me and summerize your "case"? I feel like one of us is twisting the others words, and I would love a summary so I can respond respectively.

Some reads:

DJD - town ( I like his thinking, seems clean and to the point. Confident town read right here )
reverend - scum ( Don't have to expand here I feel )
venrob - null / MAYBE scum ( Completely null, but possible scum through association with reverend )
omnom - null ( Not the usual loud and random omnom i know when he plays town, but I've seen him change his playstyle in multiple games, so I want to determine this alignment in the near future after more has been said )
Bitmap - leaning town ( I actually believe this is Bitmap's usual sloppy styled playstyle he tends to have as town )
dann - leaning scum ( agree with what has been said so far about him )
melmond - null
hyperion - null
johhnyfarrar - null
mcstab - null
greygnarl - null
cheery dog - town ( Much like DJD, except I have a larger gut feeling here than observational )

Moral of the story? There's a bunch of players that have either done little to nothing or just haven't talked enough to make a considerable read on them, which is why they don't have a comment with them, cause I can't make one.

DJD and Cheery are pretty obvious town to me, while Reverend, Dann, and maybe Venrob are all people I suspect to some degree, with all of the people i listed as null I am keeping an eye on until I make a solid read on them.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Actually I've only played like two or three games on this site, but I have a year of experience on another site that always had night starts, so I'm still getting used to RVS. And yes I know about textbook tells.

In post 70, Cheery Dog wrote:
Bitmap wrote:Someone call me scummy so I can feel more motivated.
This post has scum motivation behind it, it's like you want to be accused of something crap so you can gain town points for a good defence.

VOTE: Bitmap

(did I do it right?)

Agreed. If your town, you shouldn't strain to try and get brownie points.

In post 56, TheReverend wrote:venmar, you claimed to end RVS. Did you think my vote on you was a joke?

dann - complaining when an RVS wagon gets to L-2 before he shows up is not pro-town? What planet are you on? I won't add to an RVS wagon once it hits L-3 because it's not pro town to put so much pressure on someone without and basis. Thus, my actions were indeed pro town.

Unvote:

I guess your right that I didn't quite take a full look at the situation. However I do want to know one thing, what is your read on Ven? The ven you tried to "protect"?
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:35 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

post 77

O.o?

VOTE: venmar
You got me!
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Post by greygnarl »

IS this because he made a reads list or because of what he put in said list?
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:44 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

Both. Im obvious town after making five posts to someone that has no meta with me? Inconceivable! Also yes, a reads list at this point is super silly and i read it as being a kneejerk scum defense to om's pressure.
You got me!
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:53 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Basically my case on Venmar is that his initial attack on Reverend looks like he's grasping at straws and he doesn't really fully explain why it's scummy until actually pressured for answers. His comment about ending RVS seems like a weak attempt to get townie points. His choice to discredit my initial attack on him instead of explaining himself or pressing me for an answer looks like a kneejerk scum reaction to try and get the attention on me instead. His constant discrediting of the rest of my attacks are baseless and he hasn't provided a reason for why they are "dumb" except that they're attacks on town, which from anybody's point of view can't be 100% confirmable.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 78, Dannflor wrote:Agreed. If your town, you shouldn't strain to try and get brownie points.

That's odd, because I don't actually believe it has that much scum motivation behind his post, I actually find it null because some town to get motivated by being pressured. (and I find that the case for myself as well if I'm low on motivation for a game) It seemed like something better to comment on than his continuation of RVS with voting you for being 4th or somewhere on the wagon.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Dannflor
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:02 pm

Post by Melmond »

In post 60, Om of the Nom wrote:Are you claiming to know he's town?
Thinking he's town doesn't make his defenses valid, they're only valid if you know he's town. Think from my point of view. I don't know he's town, so why are his defenses still valid?

This post really feels like mason fishing to me. Just the way he writes it really makes it seem like he wants cheery to make a slip.
VOTE: om nom
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:24 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

I honestly forgot we were playing Masons and Mafia lol, I was treating this like normal mafia. I meant it more as a rhetorical question anyway, as if someone would outright claim to know %100 percent that someone else is town.

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:16 am

Post by Whiskers »

Maybe I'm a cheating bastard, but.
Venrob hasn't posted since the ninth, when he /inned for the game.
Klick
takes the slot effective immediately.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:54 am

Post by Klick »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've kinda half-read the game, and all I have is that Om and Melmond are both probably town

I'll get more into it later, I just got out of my first final.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:56 am

Post by McStab »

In post 85, Om of the Nom wrote:I honestly forgot we were playing Masons and Mafia lol, I was treating this like normal mafia. I meant it more as a rhetorical question anyway, as if someone would outright claim to know %100 percent that someone else is town.

Something is off about this statement to me. It just sounds to me like Om would play this very differently if he'd remembered (I get that he's using this to defend himself, I get why he said it, I just feel weird about how it came across to me) it's Masons and Mafia; the whole tone implies to me that he has a special role. I'm not going to elaborate on the possibility of masonry and I don't think anyone should at this point, but I could definitely see Om being scum (as much as four pages in hunches are worth at least). Coupled with the mason fishing and quick apology, I really don't trust Om right now.

Vote: Om

Everything else so far hasn't really set any alarm bells of for me yet, except maybe some of the later votes on Venrob.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:56 am

Post by McStab »

In post 85, Om of the Nom wrote:I honestly forgot we were playing Masons and Mafia lol, I was treating this like normal mafia. I meant it more as a rhetorical question anyway, as if someone would outright claim to know %100 percent that someone else is town.

Something is off about this statement to me. It just sounds to me like Om would play this very differently if he'd remembered (I get that he's using this to defend himself, I get why he said it, I just feel weird about how it came across to me) it's Masons and Mafia; the whole tone implies to me that he has a special role. I'm not going to elaborate on the possibility of masonry and I don't think anyone should at this point, but I could definitely see Om being scum (as much as four pages in hunches are worth at least). Coupled with the mason fishing and quick apology, I really don't trust Om right now.

Vote: Om

Everything else so far hasn't really set any alarm bells of for me yet, except maybe some of the later votes on Venrob.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:14 am

Post by Klick »

No McStab, Om is town.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:34 am

Post by Dannflor »

^^ Totally agree.

In post 83, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 78, Dannflor wrote:Agreed. If your town, you shouldn't strain to try and get brownie points.

That's odd, because I don't actually believe it has that much scum motivation behind his post, I actually find it null because some town to get motivated by being pressured. (and I find that the case for myself as well if I'm low on motivation for a game) It seemed like something better to comment on than his continuation of RVS with voting you for being 4th or somewhere on the wagon.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Dannflor

K... Well it seemed odd to me. If you're town you shouldn't need to strain to get brownie points and do things to attempt to "look" town, if your scum you need to worry about these things to be considered a town player.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:35 am

Post by Klick »

In post 44, TheReverend wrote:I think om is town. Read based on [ongoing] so I can't elaborate further just yet.

Rev is town.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:39 am

Post by McStab »

The Klick strategy is impressive:

Determine Om is town. Find anyone who agrees and determine they are town.

Don't think it's alignment indicative at all, just a really bad way to try and figure out who's town.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:51 am

Post by Klick »

That's obviously why Rev is town. It's not that I don't think that scum would use an ongoing game for reasoning for a player they already know the alignment of.

VOTE: McStab
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:55 am

Post by greygnarl »

Can we policy lynch Klick? This guy is dangerous.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:59 am

Post by Klick »

I actually think I'm obvious town compared to my other two recent plays of this setup. And now that I've said that, it doesn't apply.

You can shoot me if you really want to, though. ;)
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:19 am

Post by TheReverend »

In post 78, Dannflor wrote:However I do want to know one thing, what is your read on Ven? The ven you tried to "protect"?

Why would I have any read on venrob at the time of asking?

klick looks town, but that's thin.

Agree with melmond, I don't really like om's comments.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:22 am

Post by TheReverend »

In post 77, Venmar wrote:reverend - scum ( Don't have to expand here I feel )

Erm, yes you do have to expand. You just pointed your finger at me for moaning about an RVS wagon getting to L-2 almost immediately, and you're refusing to budge. I don't care if you want to accuse me of being scum, but the least you can do is explain why you still feel I'm scum. So, expand please.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:22 am

Post by Bitmap »

Klick is town I think. He's usually more cautious as scum and watches what he says. Om is also probably town. I think McStab is scum.

VOTE: McStab
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."

Return to “Completed Open Games”