gashlycrumb
gashlycrumb
Townie
gashlycrumb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2003 6:34 am

Post by gashlycrumb »

muser sounds like the real thing, and was right about the serial killer.
vote: tigris
Muser
Muser
Townie
Muser
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:59 am

Post by Muser »

I've got to rearrange a couple of rooms in my house this weekend, and that involves unplugging my home network and doing some rewiring. I'll be unable to participate again until sometime tomorrow (Sunday). I will get back in by the end of the day tomorrow though. See you all then!
[size=75]I guess it's over now 'cause I've never seen so much...never seen so much...never seen so much...BLOOD!

-Barenaked Ladies ("Tonight Is The Night I Fell Asleep At The Wheel")[/size]
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2003 11:58 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

And thus, Tigris is lynched. He was mafia.

It is Night. Please send in all choices promtply to the e-mail below.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:17 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Deadline for all night choices set for 5PM US East time.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:22 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Morning comes and 2 of you are missing. Kingpin and rite. Going into Kingpins house you find a single bullet in his head.
Kingpin, townie, has been shot by the mafia.

The other, rite, you find sprawled on the ground. Flipping him over you find a bullet in his chest. Also, an undrunken glass of water, with a pill, disintegrating on the bottom. He was cleaarly shot before he got his drink.
Rite, mafia, was shot by the vigilante.

It is Day 3, 3 to lynch.
Muser
Muser
Townie
Muser
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:21 pm

Post by Muser »

Well, I guess that blows my theory about a mafia interrogator. Or does it? Could the mafia target one of their own in order to make him appear innocent? Or is there some other role out there that's doing the drugging?

The vigilante was a nice surprise. Good target selection too! I investigated *someone* last night, who turned out
not
to be mafia. Bad guess on my part...and I really thought I smelled a rat.

What's everyone think we've got left? One mafia? Another mason? Obviously, I'm 99% certain to be a sane cop, and we know there's a vigilante. Another regular townie? A doc? Some special drugging role?

If there's only one mafia left, is it a good time for role claims so we can weed the scum out? I can verify at least one person, which might help identify an imposter. Does anyone think there might be two mafia left?

Speak up!
[size=75]I guess it's over now 'cause I've never seen so much...never seen so much...never seen so much...BLOOD!

Kelvin
Kelvin
Ninja
Kelvin
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:43 pm

Post by Kelvin »

Let's not come out with role claims just yet.

However, I do suggest this:

By Saturday 1200 GMT, I want 1 post from everyone with your thoughts on how the town should proceed, with reasons. This will not count as mine, but I'll hopefully be back in a couple of hours to do my own. If we do not have one from you, I suggest, town, that we start lynching every one of the silent SOBs.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:28 am

Post by Quailman »

There are only five of us left. It's looking like there's a cop, a mafia, a druggist? and two others. Perhaps one of those is a doc. Surely there are not two remaining Mafia, since we had a SK also. Of the four who are not Muser, Muser knows of one innocent, leaving three candidates for the third slot.

I'd sure like to know who Muser investigated, but I'm not certain it would help for the Mafia to know who's been investigated. I had suspected Kelvin. My guess is Kelvin or gashlycrumb. If Muser checked one of those, I'll vote for the other. If that turns out wrong, then it's DP.
Muser
Muser
Townie
Muser
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:28 am

Post by Muser »

Quailman, I agree with your thoughts on the number of remaining mafia. Starting with four
and
a serial killer would have been too unbalanced, IMO.

I think that it's essential to keep the details of my investigation secret until after we reveal roles, if that's what we decide to do. Having the last mafia unaware of my results would put some real pressure on him when making a role claim. Since we haven't decided if we're doing that yet though, I'll have to hold off for now.

Quailman, what are your reasons for suspecting Kelvin and gashlycrumb? Care to enlighten us, or do you have some reason for not giving us more info right now?

I had a thought concerning the mafia/drugging thing. If the mafia has the ability to drug someone for purposes of interrogation (to learn their role), why would they have killed Kingpin after drugging him? If I was mafia, and discovered that someone was a simple townie, I'd have killed someone else, hoping to eliminate a doc or some other more useful role. It could be that we've got a "pharmacist", or something similar, on the town's side, and the mafia has guessed this and killed the pharmacist's target each night to eliminate the benefit of this role. Thoughts on this, anyone?

Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:00 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Three mafia and a serial killer should have substantial counterbalance on the town side. Masons in a 12pp game are unlikely. We have one supercop who can sniff out mafia as well the SK - we might have a retired cop to take over, and I'm pretty sure there is a doc as well. Revealing our roles blows the doc away and Muser the next night. While the doc is alive, we should not reveal roles in my opinion.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:40 am

Post by Quailman »

There are five players left. I believe your role of Cop, Muser. I am not Mafia. That leaves gashlycrumb, Kelvin and DP. Something DP said yesterday makes me think it's not him.

Having the mafia be able to kill and capture/drug a townie seems too powerful. I like your idea of a separate pharmacist who can silence a person for a day. Otherwise, they might as well just investigate him and he wouldn't have to be quiet.

And when I said a cop, a mafia, a druggist? and two others, I realize now that those two must be the vigilante (one kill?) and probably a doc. That leaves Kingpin as the lone 'townie' per the dead list. I think with 3 mafias, a SK and a paranoid cop who could lead us to lynch a cop or doc day 1, we're balanced with one good cop and a pair of masons. Or possibly a third mason, and their group is the vigilante.
Kelvin
Kelvin
Ninja
Kelvin
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:58 pm

Post by Kelvin »

Scenario I
Here’s my current theory on the compostion of the game: 1 cop/ 1 paranoid cop/ 1 doc/ 1
one-shot vigilante/ 1
pharmacist
*/ 2 masons/ 1 townie/ 1 SK/ 3 mafia=12/12.

*I think the pharmacist is a pro-town role who silences target person for the next day,
possibly giving protection from mafia night kill, but probably not.

I think we have left: 1 confirmed cop, 1 vigilante, 1 doc, 1 pharmacist, and 1 mafia.

Okay, now I suggest we all reveal our roles.

We already knew that Muser was the cop (or the best mafia player to ever live). I was the one-shot vigilante, which Muser will
probably confirm as I am nigh certain he investigated me last night--I was playing Fishing
for Scum, which sometimes gets you looking all scummy.

I suggest the pro-towners don’t lie, for reasons I will reveal later. It is in the interest of the town not to lie, townies.
Muser
Muser
Townie
Muser
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:41 am

Post by Muser »

Gashlycrumb, you're being awfully quiet. And, DP, you're not exactly overwhelming us either. What do you both think of the possibilities for remaining roles, and the idea of claiming roles at this point?

Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:14 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:Three mafia and a serial killer should have substantial counterbalance on the town side. Masons in a 12pp game are unlikely. We have one supercop who can sniff out mafia as well the SK - we might have a retired cop to take over, and I'm pretty sure there is a doc as well. Revealing our roles blows the doc away and Muser the next night. While the doc is alive, we should not reveal roles in my opinion.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:23 am

Post by Quailman »

Muser did not contradict Kelvin. DP's reticence vis-à-vis revealing roles is indicative of being the doc.

vote: gashlycrumb
Muser
Muser
Townie
Muser
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:28 am

Post by Muser »

Reluctance to reveal one's role is also indicative of a mafia role. We've got four innocents and one mafia. Losing the doc tonight isn't necessarily a terrible thing, if revealing roles can narrow our lynch choices down to just a couple of people today. We pick the wrong one today, and we'll get the right one tomorrow, especially with my investigation tonight to help further narrow our choices.

DP, in my opinion you haven't stated anything more than a mafia member would be willing to offer. You offer little info and exhibit a reluctance to reveal your role. I think those that are most silent at this point are the most suspicious. If you can't be more verbose than that, then I
really
wonder about you.

Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:30 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Let me clarify my statement on masons - I do not expect a third mason.

Muser = supercop
DP = good guy :)
Hitman = vigilante (until someone counter-claims that)

Gashlycrumb and Quailman should be the remaining mafia and the drugger (pro-town).

The revealing by Muser of an innocent is not 100% fool-proof - the remaining mafia could be a Godfather.

Seriously, there are still three people (including myself) who could be mafia. Conclusion:
The drugger should reveal himself now
. If noone counter-claims we are down to two suspects and win. If there is a counter-claim we are down to two suspects and win.

I am not the drugger.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:31 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

And I was typing this before I saw Musers post.
Muser
Muser
Townie
Muser
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:32 am

Post by Muser »

Oh, and I neither contradicted nor confirmed Kelvin's conjecture. I simply didn't want to continue with that line of reasoning at this point.

Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:32 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

DP's reticence vis-à-vis revealing roles is indicative of being the doc.

Alright. Yes. I am the doc. It should not matter anymore at this point.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:43 am

Post by Quailman »

The title is not Druggist or Pharmacist. It is
Physician
. :) I can administer a drug that knocks the person out for the next day. I am on the town's side. When given the role, I wasn't sure if I'd want to use it, because of the risk of silencing a cop or a mason who could defend his lodge brother. On the other hand, I had this special power, so I couldn't resist using it pretty much at random.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:02 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

So let's give Gashly 24 h or so to counter claim any of these. Anyway, the game should be over.
Muser
Muser
Townie
Muser
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:43 am

Post by Muser »

So we've got one claim for a "doc"
and
one for a "Physician". Anyone smell something fishy here?

What, exactly, would be the purpose of this alleged "Physician" role? And, Quailman, you make a good point about the risk of silencing someone on the town's side. You just disregarded that risk for your personal amusement? Also, if your claim is true, did it not bother you that the mafia was subsequently killing off whoever you targeted before that person had a chance to speak again?

Gashlycrumb, it's past time for you to speak up. Your silence is making you look like you've got something to hide.

Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:14 am

Post by Quailman »

While the title is Physician, I only have the power that I mentioned. Not to have a true Doc would put the town at a disadvantage, IMO.

Yes, I realized the risk, but I'm like a doctor who's addicted to painkillers. Though I thought (for just a moment) about not using the power on night 1 (totally random), I just couldn't resist.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”