Soothsayer
Soothsayer
Townie
Soothsayer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2002 10:32 pm

Post by Soothsayer »

come on town - we have to lynch someone. I'm going to start with random votes to force people to explain their role.

People actively playing:

Felonix
r0ver
RequiemEternam
Soothsayer - vigilante

People showing little interest:
Mike Amok
Eillid
Fezzik

I would like to put a few more roles by this list. So far all i have to go on are those people who are quiet. Normally the mafia tend to have a more active role but in this game who can tell.

vote: Fezzik
for being quiet
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2002 10:44 pm

Post by rOver »

Mike Amok made an important contribution yesterday by saying we should not lynch Lucresia until she said something. Too bad she didn't use the opportunity.
Lucresia
Lucresia
Goon
Lucresia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:42 am

Post by Lucresia »

*rises from dead to make comment*
I did take the opportunity, unfortnatly, only one person actually posted after I did. Then, deadline came. There was plenty of time for comments still also. I posted it at 1:15 p.m., and Macros posted what he did at 6:02 a.m. the next day.
*Dies again*
Fezzik
Fezzik
Townie
Fezzik
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:21 am

Post by Fezzik »

Sorry sooth, but some people just like to keep a low profile. I've played enough to know that the talkative ones die first. I'm not going to retaliate by voting for you, since I don't suspect you are bad and it wouldn't be constructive.
Fezzik
Fezzik
Townie
Fezzik
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:30 am

Post by Fezzik »

~puts flowers on Lucresia's grave~

Damn you Macros!
Soothsayer
Soothsayer
Townie
Soothsayer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:36 am

Post by Soothsayer »

prepare for rant...

this game is about making posts and talking. If you want to keep a low profile and not post then don't play. The only way to send mafai down is if people post - force other players to prove their innocence and then find flaws in their logic.

I appreciate that cops may not want to come out and say what their role is but you still need to post to try and force the mafia scum to make an error

So - silence is not an option. I call on everyone to voice their opinions as to who is guilty. Then and only then will voting stop being random.
Mike Amok
Mike Amok
Townie
Mike Amok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:13 am

Post by Mike Amok »

I think Sooth is guilty. :) Though I will admit that he seems to attract my suspicions in every game.
[size=75]This space intentionally left blank.[/size]
eillid
eillid
Watcher
eillid
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2002 6:22 am

Post by eillid »

I disagree completely that the game is about "forc[ing] other players to prove their innocence," but rather trying subtly to show that you're innocent (or, if you're a cop, that someone else is or isn't), and trying to figure out who isn't, by the way they act and the things they say that you wouldn't have thought of unless you were mafia. I prefer that we don't force people to
prove
anything (and I'm generally pretty suspicious of people who do come out directly with their roles). Maybe that's because I started off with Brunchmafia (and in some of our games, we have roles explicitly forbidding telling roles), and obviously not everyone feels the way I do, but that's just the way I play.
I think Soothsayer's probably telling the truth about his role. I really have no clue whether a vigilante role usually hurts or helps the town (although, if he is telling the truth, it seems to have helped so far), so I won't vote for him.
(If Soothsayer is telling the truth, and got a kill in on the first night--when there were only two kills--and didn't the second--when there were two kills again--then did one family, which must have three members, miss a kill the first night, or did that family die out with two members and not get a chance to kill their first night (which seems to make sense, because mole didn't get a chance to protect the mafia he was trying to protect when he got killed in the night), and we have
another
killing role in our town that struck last night?)
I'm not quite sure for whom to vote, yet. I'll have to think about it for a bit.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:34 am

Post by rOver »

I call on everyone to voice their opinions as to who is guilty.

What we should do IMO is to write a sentence or two about everyone else. This is what we usually do in RL games. Don't know if it works in writing but trying doesn't hurt does it?

Ok, here it is:

Ellid: Didn't post much, but had some good points. Did nothing suspicious in particular. I don't quite understand his (or her) thinking on the killing roles. More about this later.

Felonix: Gave him a FoS yesterday together with Lucresia. But then I was spectaculary wrong about her. I plainly don't understand some of his (or her) posts

Fezzik: Post very little and still manages to be suspicious. The flower thingy is probably the oldest mafia trick I know. (And yes I know: That's exactly why you wouldn't do it if you were mafia)

Mike Amok: Again posts little, but when he does it counts. Plays very much like in mini5 when he was on the town's side. Not mafia IMO.

rOver: Maybe I post a bit much. It might get confusing for those, who unlike me, are playing in more games now. I'll try to cut back.

Requiem Etrenam: Attacked Lucresia quite agressively yesterday ("Tell us something we don't know, like the fact that you are mafia) I didn't like that, even though I did find Lucresia suspicious. His post on role revealing to make sense, I think.

Soothsayer: Our vigilante. Or is he? I have a suspicion all he's trying to do is get the protecion of the doc. If he's SK (which is quite possible IMO) this could win him the game. Despite this I think we should give him at least one day and think about it again tomorrow.

Back to roles. We have at least 3 killers. If Sooth's claim of not killing last night is true 3 of them are still alive. I thought through it and there are quite a few possibilities. e.g. 2 families of 2, Sooth as SK and he did kill last night. Or 2 families of 2, mafia spy found first family first night, so they didn't die out Sooth probably SK. Or two families of 3, Sooth probably Vigilante (too unbalanced otherwise)

Very suspicios are Fezzik and Sooth. RequiemEternam is somewhat suspicious. Eillid a little bit and Mike Amok not at all. I completly forgot about Felonix. I'll put him somewhere in the middle.
Fezzik
Fezzik
Townie
Fezzik
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2002 4:02 pm

Post by Fezzik »

I put flowers on Lucresia's grave because she's a close friend, and was killed in part due to my vote. I'm mad at Macros for giving false information to me. I investigated Lucresia on the first night, and Macros told me she was "evil." I'm coming out with my role as a cop because I can't trust what Mac tells me anymore so there's no point in investigating. On the second night I investigated Soothsayer, and was told he was "good." That's why I beleive soothsayer's "vigilante" role. I'll probably be killed by the mafia tonight, so don't waste a day lynch on me.
eillid
eillid
Watcher
eillid
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:00 pm

Post by eillid »

That makes me think that Fezzik is the kind of cop that gets opposite answers (insane?). Has he not played before? I voted Lucresia, a new player, because she seemed to be trying too hard to seem clueless (although she ended up actually being clueless). So does Fezzik, and I guess I'll be willing to believe he is clueless until someone tells me that he's been in another game (in which case he should know that there are cop roles other than just regular ones). Now, someone who knows (other than Soothsayer), do vigilantes usually turn up as good or as evil?
(Oh... maybe he gets random answers? I think I saw Macros saying somewhere that he sometimes uses roles like that.)
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:22 pm

Post by rOver »

I think thet are "good". At least in mini5 where I was cop everyone was "good" except mafias. I think Fezzik is more probably insane than random.

vote:Soothsayer

Of course Fezzik could be GF or mafia or SK, but I don't think he would say this if he was. The fact that I never really trusted Sooth helps too.
eillid
eillid
Watcher
eillid
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2002 9:56 am

Post by eillid »

I'll
vote: Soothsayer
, then. If a vigilante shows up as good, and Soothsayer showed up as good to a probably insane cop, then I suppose that lynching him makes sense (no one's said that Fezzik's played before). I don't know why a family would kill its own member, though. If they were killed off, and so missed their first day kill, and there actually is a vigilante that killed both nights...? I don't know.
Why is there so little talk in this game so far?
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:36 am

Post by rOver »

I think it must be something about the mafia spy: Sooth probably found his family the first day. It might have been DP's family or perhaps the other one. I suspect it was the other one, otherwise he would not have taken such a risk.
I guess Marcos will tell us he was mafia, after all the mafia spy becomes mafia after he dies.
Mike Amok
Mike Amok
Townie
Mike Amok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:44 am

Post by Mike Amok »

Or there could be a serial killer, which seems more likely to me. Soothsayer claims to have killed quercitron, and he may very well have. But I find it odd that a vigilante would cut someone's heart out, as described in the first day scene. That's the sort of thing serial killers normally do.

Bah, I type too slow... This was in response to eillid's post.
eillid
eillid
Watcher
eillid
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:03 am

Post by eillid »

Good point, Mike Amok. It could be a serial killer. I didn't remember or skimmed over the way people died.
(r0ver, I'm not exactly sure what you're saying, especially about the risk bit. What risk? And why wouldn't he have taken it if he had joined DP's family?)
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:14 am

Post by rOver »

I agree Mike Soothsayer could very well be Serial Killer. But then Fezzik must be random. And I do believe he is cop. So I think what Fezzik said makes it at least as likely that Sooth is mafia. Perhaps one of the families has 3 mafia then. After all, mafia spy or mafioso it isn't really a difference.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:17 am

Post by rOver »

Sorry eillid I missed your post. I was talking about coming forward as vigilante. That risk. He would be less likely to do that if he still had a Godfather in his family.
eillid
eillid
Watcher
eillid
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:26 am

Post by eillid »

OK, I get the risk, but why would he be less likely to do it if there's a godfather in his family?
Mike Amok
Mike Amok
Townie
Mike Amok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:32 am

Post by Mike Amok »

Ugh. I just realized we had another 72-hour deadline, which was about 23 hours ago.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:41 am

Post by rOver »

Two particular reasons. One is purely strategic, the other is psychological.

As a town could tell him who he should kill. We could accidentaly chose his GF.
The other reason goes like this. I'm the only one left in the family (alternatively: I am the SK). There is only 6 of us left after this day. I could get killed very easily. It would be a shame to go down without a fight. That's how I would think, at least.
eillid
eillid
Watcher
eillid
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2002 12:43 pm

Post by eillid »

OK. I get it, now.
(I hope it's not a no-lynch day.)
Soothsayer
Soothsayer
Townie
Soothsayer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2002 9:11 pm

Post by Soothsayer »

Just a few little points

There are NO random cops.. ever

There are cops, incompetant cops (always wrong), paranoid cops (everyone is guilty) and naive cops (everyone innocent).

So far Fezzik has found lucresia guilty and me innocent. Look at the options - that means he can only be a 100% bonafide cop. So Fezzik whatever info you have is relevent.

As to those of you who have voted for me... OMG YOU SUCK. I can't shed any light onto who is mafia but I can tell you for sure that I am not.

Personally i am suspicious of some of the quieter folk

vote: eillid
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2002 1:36 am

Post by rOver »

But Sooth, that means Fezzik has to be incompetent, becouse Lucrsesia was not mafia.
So dd you just admit to bing mafia? Or maybe there are random cops after all? :P
Soothsayer
Soothsayer
Townie
Soothsayer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:10 am

Post by Soothsayer »

d'oh - forgot Lucresia was innocent

ok so if lucresia was found guilty and we know she is innocent and I was found innocent and I know that I am innocent that leaves us with
no such cop role

In cop enquiries, the results are only ever shown for mafia - ie xx person is mafia (or not) and will not give results for any other role

We therefore have three scenarios for Fezzik:

a) Fezzik has been given a cop role that has never been had before (in the over 60 games I've played)
- cannot be normal (see lucresia death), cannot be paranoid (as found me innocent), cannot be paranoid (as found me innocent), cannot be naive (as found Lucresia guilty)

b) Fezzik is lying

seeing as I don't really believe that macros could invent a new cop role (what the hell is a random cop!!!)

then

vote: Fezzik

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”