Newbie 1123 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Amrun »

Yes, we like to discuss things here on MS.

Unvote; Vote: masterp

You're implying you know Piggy is a mislynch.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

VOTE: Masterp

I'm more concerned about his being so okay about mislynching. We only get two unless a jailkeeper/doc gets lucky.

PiggyGal wrote:yes, it's my first time, and I hope you don't mind if I ask some questions here and there, but other than that, I'm good on my own (I also have stalked some other games before)

Were they mafiascum games, on some other site, or in real life?
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:51 am

Post by noraaa »

I will catch up later today but from a quick read, I'm uneasy about both Piggy and MasterP saying it's okay to lynch a townie just off the bat like that. IMO it's not okay and it's not something you should shrug off or take lightly. Days last a long time here and we really shouldn't be so quick to throw out a lynch when we do have the time and opportunity to suss out who we really suspect.

Gonna study and relax from school a bit then I'll give a more gamey post or two.
Engineers accepted the word “planetary” in its epicyclic sense, but I was always conscious that it also meant “wandering,” “erratic.”

Compassion, Common Sense, and Context should always go together.
Masterp443
Masterp443
Townie
Masterp443
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Masterp443 »

Amrun wrote:Yes, we like to discuss things here on MS.

Unvote; Vote: masterp

You're implying you know Piggy is a mislynch.

Exactly the opposite. You must not be used to my "aggressive" play, but when we
know
there is a mislynch opportunity, then it is not anti-town to go ahead and use it. Had this been real scum play, I would not try to push a lynch on the most inexperienced player. If the "Yes, we like to discuss things here on MS." comment was directed to me, then I'd like to inform you that I'm used to playing on EpicMafia.com, the chatroom Mafia, where days last on average 10 minutes. If that comment wasn't for me, then disregard that last statement.

tl;dr
Again Amrun, I am not implying that I
know
Piggy is a mislynch townie, but I am simply stating
WE HAVE A MISLYNCH
SIG SIG SIG
I have sig.
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:05 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

@Cobbler - yes, the games were on here, but I was really confused for most of it, and gave up half way through reading one, so I suppose I should've said something more like, "I'll go see other completed games if I'm really confused."
@noraaa - I agree, I didn't really understand the whole "Deadline July 18th" until I thought about it for a moment and realized the first day lasted until then, I thought we only had a little while until the day ended, hence why I took my vote back, now knowing that we have a long time to make a better choice of who to lynch.
And I agree with Masterp on the mislynch, I know this is a little redundant to say this, but I'm not scum.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:09 am

Post by Amrun »

I know you weren't meaning to imply that you know piggy is a mislynch, but you kind of did accidentally - and so I think it might be a scum slip. You are also way too easy going about mislynches.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:28 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

Question - if there's a detective, would they have already gotten their answer from the MOD, or do they get it later on?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Amrun »

Those things happen at night. (S)he won't even have a sent in a target yet.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:40 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

Okay, thanks, then yeah, it is a little suspicious that Masterp thinks we have a mislynch with both me and Cobbler.
Masterp443
Masterp443
Townie
Masterp443
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Masterp443 »

PiggyGal15 wrote:Okay, thanks, then yeah, it is a little suspicious that Masterp
thinks we have a mislynch
with both me and Cobbler.

...What?

We have a mislynch, there is no denying it. What everyone thinks I am suspicious for is that I "implied" that lynching Piggy was a mislynch. Do you even know what you are saying, or are you just sheeping the town?
SIG SIG SIG
I have sig.
Masterp443
Masterp443
Townie
Masterp443
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Masterp443 »

PiggyGal15 wrote:Okay, thanks, then yeah, it is a little suspicious that Masterp thinks we have a mislynch
with both me and Cobbler.

I'm done suspecting Cobbler of anything. What does this have to do with me thinking there is a mislynch?
SIG SIG SIG
I have sig.
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:13 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

To be honest... no, I really don't know what I'm saying. I guess I missed the comment where it was only me now in question and Cobbler was now done being suspicious.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:44 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Masterp wrote:...What?

We have a mislynch, there is no denying it. What everyone thinks I am suspicious for is that I "implied" that lynching Piggy was a mislynch. Do you even know what you are saying, or are you just sheeping the town?

What we have here is a failure to communicate. You are using "mislynch" in the sense of, "we have a spare lynch," Piggy was using it in the sense of "Lynching a town-aligned player."

Piggy wrote:Question - if there's a detective, would they have already gotten their answer from the MOD, or do they get it later on?

These seems town within the context of what she posted later.
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:57 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

oh, okay that makes more sense, what does mislynch actually mean then?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by Amrun »

Mislynch means a town lynch.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by mozamis »

a fair bit to catch up on there.
First on mislynching: it's simply where we, as town, genuinely think someone is scum, lynch him, and they flip town. We have made a mistake, hence mislynch.
Clearly, this is undesirable. So Master is wrong about this -we don't want to deliberately mislynch, that would be against pur win con. Sometimes people will say "Ah, but you get information from who was on the lynch wagon" which can be true -but again, clearly it would be optimal for town to try and lynch scum.
Second: HOWEVER, and this may be the confusion, it is quite likely that we WILL mislynch. Thats just the stats of ML. I dont know them exactly, maybe Amrun does, but its not important. The FACT is, town mislynches more often than not on Day 1.
But none the less, lynching Piggy thinking it probably is a mislynch, as Master seems to be saying, is clearly not in towns interest.

However, (and no doubt the IC and SE's will accuse me of WIFOM here, but no matter -intuition is something you can't and should not ignore) it seems highly unlikely that Master as scum would be so obviously saying "Lets mistlynch a townie, people!". (Reason this is "wifom" on my part is you can say " aah, maybe thats a double bluff from master rep" and so on- but frankly, its just unlikely in a noob game).
Piggy looks like confused new town to me, which is fair enough as this is a noob game :)
So both piggy and master looking neutral/town to me atm.

Amrun u said this about Cobbler very recently:
Amrun wrote:I still think the questions were likeleier to come from a scum mindset, yes.

You seem to have changed your mind quite quickly. Could you clarify your position on Cobbler and Master? Do you now think they are both scum?
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by el simo »

Vote Count:

[3] PiggyGal15
-
homeless, Masterp443, mozamis

[2]Masterp443
-
Amrum, Cobblerfone

[1] Cobblerfone
-
noraaa

[3] Not voting
-
[chickadee], Arthur Dent, PiggyGal15

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by mozamis »

ah sorry forgot I had left my vote on Piggy
UNVOTE
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by mozamis »

vote arthur dent
for lurking.
I hate scum winning thru lurking, which DOES happen in these noob games. And no, I'm not saying "lynch all lurkers", but we must not lynch anyone day one until we have a roughly equal input from everyone. Or that should be the goal anyway.
So we need to hear more from dent, homeless,chickadee.
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by noraaa »

Okay, my thoughts so far on what I've been reading. Only discussing the things I found that put me off about a player.

First of all, seriously where are our inactives at and do they have valid reasons for not being around? Both Amrun and I have stated that we might be somewhat inactive at times but this is the beginning of a game and it's odd that we have players who haven't poked in on it even to say they're here and reading.

amrun- I find it strange that she has been pushing so hard on cobbler for the "if I were scum but I'm not, I'm town" and the roleblocker question, which in themselves don't raise that much suspicion in me (I don't think he handled it poorly). After the thing with piggy she still unwaveringly voted cobbler, even after being asked about it (proving she hasn't forgotten her vote). She also downplayed the concept of claiming, and I wonder if she would have if it wasn't cobbler that was close to a lynch. While I later have doubts as to whether piggy feels more scum vs new to type of game, at the time of that post it looked really bad for her and yet she did not find piggy suspicious at all. She has also voted for masterp twice now, but did have good reason second time. It's too early to tell but it does have me unsettled.

piggy- Had a really quick and strange reaction to cobbler, even after mentioning reasons why he isn't/might not be scum, decided to vote him to be on the "safe side" very early on day one. She seems to feel that he potentially "isnt mafia" only because hes not trying too hard to defend himself. (Which makes sense to me, and he isn't). Yet she still wanted to vote him. She doesn't mind voting against townspeople "just to be safe", only seeing an issue if its an important townie and not any townie. The town win condition is to keep town alive and kill mafia. In seeing her later posts I'm not sure if she is just playing uneducatedly or anti town. I dislike her admission to joining wagons "just because" instead of sussing out her own details. Haven't decided if she took back her claims on cobbler due to pressure or due to insight. Don't like the way she laid a path for herself to vote willy nilly. Time will tell as to her intent.

Most others seem townish for the most part, though as I mentioned before I take issue to masterp's philosophy on mislynch.
Engineers accepted the word “planetary” in its epicyclic sense, but I was always conscious that it also meant “wandering,” “erratic.”

noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by noraaa »

also,
unvote cobbler.
I will hold my vote for now, I'd like to see some of those others post a little.

PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by PiggyGal15 »

@noraaa - I can assure you, I'm just very uneducated >.< like I've stated before, I've only ever played mafia in real life where you pick someone and lynch them, not really caring for a reason why besides intuition and the fact that others think so. I've also said I'm shy online and I'm already pretty embarrassed by a couple comments I've put up, but whatever, they've already been read and I can't take them back. And I took my claims on cobbler back due to pressure since I only put them out there since everyone else was voting for him and the fact that back when I thought it might be him, I didn't understand the concept of 'day' in online mafia, but now that I understand it a bit better now, I realize how foolish that was.
Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Arthur Dent »

Hello all, and happy hunting!
Dent is back from a long hiatus and is ready to play... (This will be the last time he refers to himself in third person.)

Quick note: My laptop cord died this weekend, (naturally just as this game starts), so I will posting from my work computer while I wait for my cord to come in. Please be patient if I don't respond right away.

With that out of the way...

Cobblerfone wrote:
@Arthur: Are you still as good a scumhunter as I read in those two games from 2009? And do you expect to die just as quickly?

@Cobblerfone : Wow, thank you for the compliment. Ha ha. I hope I still am. If you read my posts, I tend to run off my gut to begin with rather then facts, because facts this early on can be so easily distorted by mafia, or town for that matter. And I hope I don't die as soon. (I am still not quite sure why I died so fast last two, but granted that was over a year and a half ago.)

I'm about to go start a rehearsal so I must leave for now, but I'll read the rest of the thread later.

Also,
Vote:noraaa

Frogs give me the willies.
This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

It is a important, and popular fact, that things are not always as they seem...
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Amrun »

Noraa, just because I have chosen to utilize my vote elsewhere doesn't mean I have dropped all suspicion of Cobbler. I do, in fact, still suspect him, but it is far too early for a lynch so I am pursuing other avenues.

Piggy said some questionable things, but I get a genuine feeling from her posts thus far. Guaging motivation and emotion is an important part of how I play.

Not a fan of Dent's RVS and ignoring of the happenings of the game.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Arthur Dent »

All right - I've had a chance to look beyond the front page and have some intuitions I've made with my little grey cells.

I haven't had too much time to labour over some of the arguements made, but I've gotten some interesting vibes from players.

1. Cobble - I think the logic twist involving his Mod question and Mafia/Town is simply a PR blunder. I didn't sense it as much scummy as someone who really didn't think before they typed.
MafiaRadar Reading : Low

2. PiggyGirl - I am always wary of someone who flippantly will put someone on L-1, or L-2. I understand here logic coming from a game with live people, but if there is something I have learned from my past playing is that you cannot play online like how you play in person. (Unless you want to always get killed on day one, like me.) While it could be a new player mistake, it still is making my Spidey Senses tingle a bit. If she is town, hopefully lesson learned. But I'm still keeping an eye on her.
MafiaRadar Reading : Low-Low Medium

3. MasterP - Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. In past I've been an advocate for a mislynch (again, dying soon after), so I can see his logic. However, I am really no all right with his logic behind it. Mislynches are more appropiate for situations of A vs. B. We haven't even began to narrow down the scummiest of the players let, so to be so quick to point this out seem like a red herring to keep us from trying to refute your logic. Technically, yes, we do get a mislynch, but, again, as with L-1, L-2, I get extremely wary when it is done so flippantly. This appears extremely premature and flippant.
MafiaRadar Reading : Medium-High Medium

4. Mozamis - No real question about his motive to vote for me. Early on voting to presure people to post is normal from what I have seen. Not really suspicious.
MafiaRadar Reading : Very Low

5. Amrun - I'm not a fan of my RVS and ignoring of the happenings either. My fault entirely. Although, I have always had the most trouble reading IC player because their level of play goes WAY beyond mine. So I am alway caution, but not alway suspicious.
MafiaRadar Reading : Low

6. Noraaa - Frog still give me the willies. But I haven't read much into what you've said yet. Not really feeling anything yet.
MafiaRadar Reading : Very Low

Unvote: Noraaa

That is really all the reading into things I've had so far. I'm going to read over once more and then cast a vote. Right now I am
FOS: MasterP
, but like other have wait for me, I am waiting to hear from others as well. (Especially you, Master P.)
This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

It is a important, and popular fact, that things are not always as they seem...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”