Mind Screw Mafia 4 (Day 4, Two More Dead!)

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Seraphim »

lol, Kinetic, that was hilarious. That entire game was hilarious. Ah, good times...
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Kinetic »

Seraphim wrote:lol, Kinetic, that was hilarious. That entire game was hilarious. Ah, good times...
Don't think I've forgotten. *shakes fist angrily at former mafia*

I had at least two mafia dead to rights, and strong suspicions on a third and I'm seeing the silver lining of my lynch being, well at least they'll see I'm town and it'll push hard pressure on the scum driving my lynch. And then what happens?

I hate you, and M-M, and if I remember correctly DGB and Xyl. Most frustrating death ever.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Kinetic »

And we need a vote count since so many shenanigans happen with them and after Tar looks at things.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:46 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

There's scum in those suggesting to lynch Chairman Mao (the alt). I don't think there's any good reason to lynch Chairman Mao (the alt) right now.

If finding the rules
is
as easy as lynching CM (ta), my bad.

vote: SocioPath

Also, in honor of my first mind screw game, I'll change my avatar! Any suggestions? :3
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:47 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

inHimshallibe wrote:There's scum in those suggesting to lynch Chairman Mao (the alt). I don't think there's any good reason to lynch Chairman Mao (the alt) right now.

If finding the rules
is
as easy as lynching CM (ta), my bad.
Last time, lynching Chairman Mao was proven to be a good thing, was it not?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Kinetic »

In MSM3 Lynching the player playing Chairman Mao was a bad thing. I know this because I WAS that player. I was also town. That is the first lesson of ANY Mind Screw game, characters are independent of alignments. DO NOT assume that a character who was a bad guy in his universe is a bad guy in this game. DO NOT assume a character who was a good guy in his universe is a good guy in this game.

In that game I did not know I was Mao until Day 3 (due to a delayed PM ability). I didn't have really any other abilities except that I was town.

Now if we are talking about lynching the MOD or the MOD's designated account, that is a different story. Tar has a "rule" that the Mod character, if there is one, cannot be aligned with a specific faction for balance purposes. That being said, he has come up with interesting ways to make sure something like this is balanced. One of the ways he COULD do it (and that I've discussed with him previously) was to let a back-up mod be the ACTUAL mod while he was a player-mod hybrid, and let said mod be in charge of disputes between the mod and players, etc etc etc. Additionally this could be another possibility since the Chairman Mao account is currently "in charge" of a lot of things. Wouldn't surprise me if Percy or another back up mod was using that account and Tar's convenient excuse was so his primary account could go unnoticed as either a townie or mafia aligned character. Or vice-versa, letting a back-up mod play.

However I'd caution additional votes at this time until we see a vote count.
Clank
Clank
Townie
Clank
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by Clank »

Kinetic wrote:In MSM3 Lynching the player playing Chairman Mao was a bad thing. I know this because I WAS that player. I was also town. That is the first lesson of ANY Mind Screw game, characters are independent of alignments. DO NOT assume that a character who was a bad guy in his universe is a bad guy in this game. DO NOT assume a character who was a good guy in his universe is a good guy in this game.

In that game I did not know I was Mao until Day 3 (due to a delayed PM ability). I didn't have really any other abilities except that I was town.

Now if we are talking about lynching the MOD or the MOD's designated account, that is a different story. Tar has a "rule" that the Mod character, if there is one, cannot be aligned with a specific faction for balance purposes. That being said, he has come up with interesting ways to make sure something like this is balanced. One of the ways he COULD do it (and that I've discussed with him previously) was to let a back-up mod be the ACTUAL mod while he was a player-mod hybrid, and let said mod be in charge of disputes between the mod and players, etc etc etc. Additionally this could be another possibility since the Chairman Mao account is currently "in charge" of a lot of things. Wouldn't surprise me if Percy or another back up mod was using that account and Tar's convenient excuse was so his primary account could go unnoticed as either a townie or mafia aligned character. Or vice-versa, letting a back-up mod play.

However I'd caution additional votes at this time until we see a vote count.
At this point, at least one (if not both) of Mao/Tar have a role. That's practically guaranteed, as is the point that we have NO IDEA IF EITHER ROLE IS TOWN! If either is scum,.then guess what? we end up lynchnig each other because we are looking for 1 scum that happens to be the mod (and if your going to say 'never relate any game to another, this may be the time where the mod acutally counts as a player, instead of an ananimate object)
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Cobalt »

protip: tarh is a player in the game.
hatersgonnahate.gif
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Vote Tarhalindur

Also
FoS hp [leaves]
for replacing the same person I am according to post 5.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Kinetic »

The main mod is Tar. His back up is UK. His backup backups are Percy and Jahudo. I've worked with Tar and UK previously both as a mod and a player. I've read Percy, and seen the games he's modded as well as played with him in a couple games, and I know of Jahudo, but haven't had the time to read him extensively.

That being said, from what I know, and from conversations I've had with Tar and UK, if you underestimate either of these people you are in for a rude awakening. I can totally see ways for them to mess with you, and I assure you the mod-player mechanic, for as popular and well-known as it is, will be one of the first surprises.

Remember every thing you think you know, forget the details and remember if you ever think something "couldn't possibly happen" then you've been caught in their trap. Never turn off your mind, nothing is a sure thing.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Vote: Tarhalindur

Since it's my first MS game and I've read the previous ones (mostly) so I know how this goes down. If this doesn't work:

Allow me to test something delightfully
evil
something like Mae :p.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Cobalt wrote:protip: tarh is a player in the game.
Leaning "agreed."
Kinetic wrote:That being said, from what I know, and from conversations I've had with Tar and UK, if you underestimate either of these people you are in for a rude awakening. I can totally see ways for them to mess with you, and I assure you the mod-player mechanic, for as popular and well-known as it is, will be one of the first surprises.

Remember every thing you think you know, forget the details and remember if you ever think something "couldn't possibly happen" then you've been caught in their trap. Never turn off your mind, nothing is a sure thing.
If this was partially addressed to me, I'm not being dense in regards to voting Tarhalindur. Yet.

However, why not do some scum hunting while we wait for the Tar situation to play out for a bit? Something feels off about lynching Tar on Day 1.

moar votes on SP, please.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Mod: are 27) DeathNote, 28) NobodySpecial still candidates? Their names were on the candidate lists, but are on neither the player or remaining candidate lists.

If the mod doesn't answer, seeing as we have 29 "voters" but only 27 players, and these two aren't showing up on either list, they may be "hidden" players. Additionally, Azazel being on neither list and being in the game is... obviously intended for some reason.
inHimshallibe wrote:
Kinetic wrote:That being said, from what I know, and from conversations I've had with Tar and UK, if you underestimate either of these people you are in for a rude awakening. I can totally see ways for them to mess with you, and I assure you the mod-player mechanic, for as popular and well-known as it is, will be one of the first surprises.

If this was partially addressed to me, I'm not being dense in regards to voting Tarhalindur. Yet.

However, why not do some scum hunting while we wait for the Tar situation to play out for a bit? Something feels off about lynching Tar on Day 1.

moar votes on SP, please.
Maybe not directly addressed to you, but the two players who blindly voted the mod after my warning it is definitely addressed to. Blind votes in Mind Screw is dangerous.

NobodySpecial withdrew his /in for the game. DeathNote should still be on the candidate list. - Tar
Fraction Jackson
Fraction Jackson
Goon
Fraction Jackson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by Fraction Jackson »

Tar wrote:Not Voting (29): Kinetic, Kairyuu, Plum, xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx,
Reck appears on the list twice.
[i]Everyone you think you allowed back did it themselves, Nekron!
We ALL chose life when given the chance.[/i]
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Yeah, looks like Reck is a double voter of some sort. Still, one hidden mystery vote is present.

I eagerly await Tar's next vote count.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Azazel seems to be the only player who was not on the candidate list but is in the game somehow.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Personal notes DTM:

Theory 1: The high number of replacements remind me of that replacement SK role/replacement townie Tar had. I predict a lot of players will be coming in and out in some form, and the above mechanic feels right.

Theory 2: Tar is very prepared for flakers

Also

@Town
I recommend we be very, very, very, very, very active. Role information sez
good things happen if we are active
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Phate »

Kairyuu wrote:

We WILL lynch him. This is not up for debate.

Premise: Tarhalindur knows he can and very well may be lynched.
Premise: Tarhalindur has been lynchable in every Mind Screw game prior to this one.
Premise: Tarhalindur is a strong proponent of the idea that if a mod is acting as a player, they MUST be self-aligned, aka neutral.
Premise: Lynching neutrals is almost as good as lynching scum.
Conclusion: Lynching Tarhalindur is in the town's best interest.
Kairyuu is still one of my favorite players, I see.

I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by Phate »

I like DTM's idea.

I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by dramonic »

Vote: Tar
Vote: Tar
Vote Tar

... What are we doing exactly?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Fraction Jackson
Fraction Jackson
Goon
Fraction Jackson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by Fraction Jackson »

Voting before the next votecount needs to stop now.
[i]Everyone you think you allowed back did it themselves, Nekron!
We ALL chose life when given the chance.[/i]
Clank
Clank
Townie
Clank
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by Clank »

Fraction Jackson wrote:Voting before the next votecount needs to stop now.
Don't expect vote counts from Tar in a mindscrew game. Don't expect anything from a mod in a MindScrew game. That's unwritten rule #1.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Ok, Stop voting please. We don't know WHAT kind of vote manipulation is in effect. Wait for a vote count. Last thing we need is to mistakenly quick lynch the WRONG person.

(i.e. votes move up or down the player list like previous games)
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Kinetic »

That's absolutely wrong Crank, especially at the beginning. Tar usually has a lot of VCs up by now in a just starting game. Its later where he gets lazy.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Clank wrote:
Fraction Jackson wrote:Voting before the next votecount needs to stop now.
Don't expect vote counts from Tar in a mindscrew game. Don't expect anything from a mod in a MindScrew game. That's unwritten rule #1.
You can expect people to be killed for no reason and with no explanation.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”