Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Haylen wrote:He truly believed an FoS couldn't be OMGUS, thus he is not strawmanning.
Alright Miss IC, please school me:

How is trying to portray someone as scummy at every turn, but not having the kahunas to vote for them, protown? It reeks of newbscum from where im sat...

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Haylen wrote:
BM wrote: You should know not to take everything i do seriously by now.
True, i've known for, what, 4 going on 5 years now.
Lol dont bring our history up into this. That is poor form! :P
Haylen wrote:
BM wrote: What would you say to the suggestion of a massclaim?
I would say you're role fishing and that's scummy.
Ok cool.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Pulindar wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Pulindar wrote: See Haylen, that's why I can't get a read on you. The way you make mistakes makes me always think your town. It's the exact same way I would make mistakes.
If she does something that makes her seem town, and is exactly how you behave as town, then you do have a read on her. That read is town.
What games have you two played together?

BM
Hmm... I see now that I misspoke. I have never played with Haylen before. I have read many of her games though. I prefer to read games blind and see what I can find without knowing the roles before hand. I never was able to get a scum or anti-town read on Haylen. Well, that’s not quite true, a few times when she was town I thought she might be scum. Still, usually whether she was town, or scum, or SK, I thought she was just plain town. I told her that in a private message when I first joined.

We've talked a bit since then and she pointed out this game to me. So, this is our first game together.
Ok...as long as you remember she has a boyfriend. ;) lol

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Haylen »

BM wrote: Alright Miss IC, please school me:
Heh, I'm not ICing until I've got my emotions in check, they completely downgrade my play and I need to detach myself from games. You have a read of Newbie 859 and Mafia with Quickness, Zachrulez managed to keep my off his back both times by calling me town every so often. And in Bunny Mafia, the only reason I attacked VRK to begin with was because he insulted one of my newbies.
BM wrote: How is trying to portray someone as scummy at every turn, but not having the kahunas to vote for them, protown?
Meta: In Mafia with Quickness, he went from Bogre to Netlava to KMD to Annachie with no posts in between. I think he's overzealous town at the beginning of games. I'd need to see how his thoughts progress throughout the game to conclude he's scum, if indeed he is.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by RayFrost »

If we are talking about Sainty, I have my own meta on him which differentiates from Hayl's.

He doesn't jump about often /meta

Unless he's anxious.
don't you feel silly now?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by Haylen »

Go iso him in Mafia with Quickness, in New York. You'll see what I mean.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Go iso him in [ongoing game] and [two newbie games I forget the names of]. You'll see what I mean.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by Haylen »

RayFrost wrote:Go iso him in [ongoing game] and [two newbie games I forget the names of]. You'll see what I mean.
Unhelpful.

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Haylen wrote:
RayFrost wrote:Go iso him in [ongoing game] and [two newbie games I forget the names of]. You'll see what I mean.
Unhelpful.
Same to you.

one game doesn't constitute something worth being called meta.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Not that anyone's going to believe me now, but a lot of my recent behavior is due to stress from real life + playing one too many mafia games in a row. I'm finding it difficult to properly scumhunt, so I'm utilizing this more jumpy approach.

I feel I owe an explanation, because I know my play as of late has been poor...
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Post by Pulindar »

Out of all the things said, I choose to reply to this first. :)
Battle Mage wrote: Ok...as long as you remember she has a boyfriend. ;) lol

BM
Doesn't matter, she lives in a completely different time zone than me, there's no way I'd ever meet her, not realistically. Basically, whether she has a boyfriend or not does not change the fact that I'll not ever have a relationship with her. Thanks for the heads up though :)

On another note: my most town read is on CSL, Then Haylen, Then ... I dunno.

My scum reads are on Ani, who I'm voting for, and increasingly on SK.

Which I guess means I'm leaning towards siding with BM on that arguement, but honestly I don't feel confident enough in it.

@SK: I've given my arguement on Ani, it's real and I think I've expressed it fairly well based on the limitted amount of material I have had to work with.

The post of yours that bothers me the most is # 65, where you vote CSL. Though when you switch to me for no reason other than my case (made on page 2) seems fake. My case on Ani was made when he only had 4 posts. In fact he hasn't posted since then, so you could say he's lurking. Also, why didn't you give any information in post Post number 70 about why my case felt fake?

In fact, Haylen asked you and you STILL didn't respond.

My vote stays on Ani, but if I did switch I'd switch it to SK. As things stand right now I think they're our scum. Individually still, but those are my feelings.

While those are my main suspects I'm sill watching Battle Mage and RayFrost
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:01 pm

Post by Pulindar »

Actually, I take some of that back. Reading through, maybe I should group you both together. But before that I need to
appologize
my last post I said Ani had four posts, I missed two that were on page 2. He actually has 6 to my current count. Sorry.
First vote by
SK
Skitzer

First vote by
Ani
Skitzer

SK wrote:
Unvote: Haylen.
Joke vote served its purpose.

Vote: Animorpherv1.
HAMMER TIME GO!!!

...just kidding.
Unvote: Animorpherv1. Vote: Battle Mage.
Calling a FoS OMGUS is scummy.
You never did explain.
Still, looking at it and thinking you both are scum I think this is a good play. Not only does this poke fun at the two votes on Ani, but it shows that you're kind of willing to vote for him.

SK wrote:@ RayFrost: I'm disappointed in you. I thought I trained you not to vote me under any circumstances.
are you afraid for some reason? Probably just a joke, but I am making a case here.

Ani wrote:What were your thoughts on us being at L-2?
Meh, random voting stage. I can say in the wagon is at least 1 (if not both scum) perobably
I didn't like this reply, it sounds alright, but I never liked it. He's tellin us that he thinks two scum would vote together as the early votes on a wagon. The only person he voted with was SK. Later he talked about how it would be a good scum move for both of them to get on the beginning of a wagon that way they wouldn't both be suspected, and if they were on the beginning it wouldn't be suspected nearly as much as a hammer would have. It's interesting how his description of scum play follows along exactly with his current play, and how he treats you like he would a scum partner SK.

I also didn't like how he quickly unvoted me. Seems like he didn't really want to start that wagon, but wanted to be on it to support SK, and since SK was off he got off.

Ani's talk about your miller/scum claim is actualy interesting. I think he was trying to lump us together, by saying that we both claimed scum. He later denied that he said you claimed scum. Obviously you were bothered by him saying something like that, and he must have been trying to appologize. But before that, by lumping us together not only would he have drawn my attention away from you, but he would have related us to each other in case one of us was lynched, or in case I was NKed

Battle Mage wrote:
Pulindar wrote: It's ok, you'll find something eventually, and then It'll be proven wrong
strangely enough, i actually like this. Good vibes.

BM
SK, you still haven't found anything else. Even your reasons are sleezy. Why are you trying to protect Ani with no evidence? You have no reason and nothing to protect Ani, yet still you try. Heck, CSL and I are the only ones currently voting Ani, and you've already voted both of us switching immediately. I think you switched from CSL to me because I actually have a case against your partner and CSL merely voted him in the RVS. No one was even talking about my Case on Ani anymore, but I guess bringing it up is good :)

Ani wrote:Were you worried about being quicklynched?
After CSL pointed out that we were at L-2, no. The person who quick lynched would be lynched immediatley
This is one of the main reasons I feel CSL is Town. He didn't let that mistake go down.
Haylen did a similar thing with BM when she thought he got knocked to L-1

This is about what I have in essence right now, I know it's not enough, but it is something to build off of.
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:58 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Mod: I need to be replaced.

I'm really sorry about this, but mafia is actually stressing me out right now. That's a pretty good sign that I need to take a break.

...D:...Not you, SK...please...oh, well. I hope mafia stops stressing you out. See you later~! ~ Maemuki
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:06 am

Post by Pulindar »

It's all good SK, I'm sure we'll be able to have a fun, less stressful, game in the future. I'll see you around :)

By the way, do well in school.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:16 am

Post by Haylen »

SaintKerrigan wrote:
Mod: I need to be replaced.

I'm really sorry about this, but mafia is actually stressing me out right now. That's a pretty good sign that I need to take a break.
:cry: Okies. You've heard my opinions on this. Keep in touch (my AIM is haylen46@aim.com or PM me if you want my MSN, which I dont publicise) and I suggest a nice relaxing bath ^.^

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:18 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I didn't like this reply, it sounds alright, but I never liked it. He's tellin us that he thinks two scum would vote together as the early votes on a wagon. The only person he voted with was SK. Later he talked about how it would be a good scum move for both of them to get on the beginning of a wagon that way they wouldn't both be suspected, and if they were on the beginning it wouldn't be suspected nearly as much as a hammer would have. It's interesting how his description of scum play follows along exactly with his current play, and how he treats you like he would a scum partner SK.

I also didn't like how he quickly unvoted me. Seems like he didn't really want to start that wagon, but wanted to be on it to support SK, and since SK was off he got off.

Ani's talk about your miller/scum claim is actualy interesting. I think he was trying to lump us together, by saying that we both claimed scum. He later denied that he said you claimed scum. Obviously you were bothered by him saying something like that, and he must have been trying to appologize. But before that, by lumping us together not only would he have drawn my attention away from you, but he would have related us to each other in case one of us was lynched, or in case I was NKed
This is wrong.

Wrong bits:
  • I voted skitzer because SK voted skitzer
  • I wanted to be on the wagon to support SK (I unvoted to give you a chance)
  • I got off because SK was off
  • Denying that they claimed scum (I thought what was meant was I claimed scum)
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Pulindar »

Ok, I'm fine with you saying that they're wrong, now tell me why they're wrong. You gave a good reason for denying that you said we had claimed scum. I can understand that confusion.

The SK thing is me drawing lines between my two top suspects. Could I be wrong? Easily, but I see it as a definite possibility. Tell me why you think that my guess is definitely not true. Just saying it's wrong doesn't help town, giving evidence about why it's wrong does.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:50 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

If you really were intent on me and SK being scum mates, you'd have noted they were on similar conditions, which I only just noticed myself. I actually never noticed SK voted sktzer. And 2 people voting the same person
in the RVS
doesn't make them scum. Points 2 and 3 are very similar which is why I didn't answer it.

When your replaced in, I figured it was time to get rid of my RVS vote because RVS ended, and quickhammers are never good things.

Also, when I read those 2 quotes by SK, I actually took them as jokes, which is what I thought they were meant to be.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:57 pm

Post by Maemuki »

Kdub replaces SaintKerrigan. Welcome him!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:09 pm

Post by RayFrost »

You are welcomed, kdub.

You are currently at l-1, claim or die! (jk)

Look forward to your insight... hopefully, you are scum, so I can help my werewolf team in getting you killed :evil:
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:52 pm

Post by Haylen »

Hey! I still know everyone this game! Hi Kdub :D

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:08 am

Post by RayFrost »

I don't know everybody, I just know most people.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:10 am

Post by Kdub »

Hi everyone, just checking in right now. I'll read through and post later today.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:10 am

Post by Pulindar »

@Ray and Kdub: SK was only at L-3, Battle mage having the only vote on him, I thought.

@ Ani: True, I hadn't done anything with the votes in the RVS before, but it still could show working together. Also something has to come out of the RVS and since you haven't made any other votes yet it's the only vote of yours I have to work with.

Even a joke can have some serious undertones. And I did say in my post that they may have just been jokes.

Also, it still wasn't explained why SK felt the need to defend you? And defend you he did. At no point does he question whether you're town, He instantly says that my argument is fake, and tries to say the same thing about Battle Mages as well, then he votes for CSL (the first person to vote you Ani, and then immediately switches to vote me. No proof, no argument, just he doesn't like what we're saying.

Ani is at L-2 by the way.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:57 am

Post by Kdub »

Some quick observations:

- The BM-CSL OMGUS thing isn't something I give much weight to. It was page 1, still RVS. Pretty hard to take things seriously at that point in the game.
- CSL has said basically nothing, which is consistent with his town meta. I haven't played with him as scum before, so I don't know if he plays differently.
- Ray has also contributed very little and keeps making RVS-type votes and jokes, even though there has been content to comment on. Looks like active lurking and not trying to antagonize anybody.
- Pulindar seems pro-town, he has been scumhunting and looking for players' motivations.
- No solid reads on Haylen or animorpherv1 yet.

Unvote
Vote: RayFrost
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements

Return to “Completed Open Games”