Mini 882: Star Wars: Legacy of the Force Mafia(GAME OVER!)

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:22 am

Post by Kdub »

d3x wrote:@jason, Kdub, and Chinaman- Thoughts on the current Alm/Kast/Zach discussion?
Not much to see here. Almaster was pretty clearly joking around with the SW quotes.

Zach:
Did you learn anything about Alm based on his initial reaction to your question?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:34 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

No, it was more arbitrary. I wanted to see how Almaster would react to it so that I could try to get a read on him. It's a weak vote, but I still want to leave it for now as I don't have a better place to put my vote at the moment.
I'm curious to know what you were expecting and what sort of read you would have gotten.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:42 am

Post by Kast »

@NM8-
I know it wasn't a breadcrumb, I wouldn't have assumed it to be without your convenient explanation right there. I'm asking why you're being so paranoid that you felt you had to explain your first post of the game out of the RVS.
Sounds like you're reaching. I would guess his comment was indirectly prompted by this:
@SW Quotes-
FYI, I'm not buying any SW Quotes as legitimate breadcrumbs.
@Zachrulez-
Yeah, I realize you could also be annoyed at what you perceive as an attack on the way you're approaching the game as well.
Pay attention, I've already said this is not the case. My questions to you are prompted by slight inconsistencies between your assumptions and actions. Straw man dismissal. The first time you mentioned it, whatever. Now you mention it again despite being told it is not the case, suspicious.

-To be clear, you are interested in AlmasterGM due to meta and a desire to compare his current behavior with your meta understanding of him. Some of this meta information relates to how AlmasterGM typically behaves in the RVS.
--Based on your meta, what does AlmasterGM's current behavior indicate?
See I never said it was a reason for voting him. I stated my reason for voting him, and then later noticed a pattern in what he was doing. (Taking quotes from the movies.)
Very interesting. I also never said anything about your reason for voting AGM. You seem overeager to assume others will misunderstand your post. Understandable since it is written in an ambiguous and potentially misleading manner.
-Was this an intentional "trap"?
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:43 am

Post by Kast »

EBWOP

Attempted straw man dismissal noted.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Unvote, Vote: JasonT1981

I forgot to bold :(

I know it wasn't a breadcrumb, I wouldn't have assumed it to be without your convenient explanation right there. I'm asking why you're being so paranoid that you felt you had to explain your first post of the game out of the RVS.

As for your second statement, did you also feel the need to explain you weren't breadcrumbing a couple of posts later in those games as well?
I'm trying to think about what the scum motivation would be for Talbot to do this, but I can't see one. Can you explain it for me?

Also, can you elaborate on whether you have actually caught any scum doing what you are voting Talbot for doing here?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:33 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Then why did you feel the need to explain your RVS posts in this game? No one had questioned you about it, so it's not like anyone else found you suspicious for your statement.
How hard is it to understand... I made a post talking like Yoda, I then said I was not actually bread-crumbing Yoda.. but lets look at something that could potentially arise down the line in this game that could put the town in some trouble now I think about it....

Think of it this way... down the line someone gets in trouble and claims they are Yoda as a defense (if he is in this game) I will be heavily questioned as to why I am bread-crumbing Yoda at the beginning of the game and 2 scenarios happen.

1) They think he is lying... lynch him, he flips Yoda and then I am set up for the next days lynch as it could easily be picked apart that I was falsely bread-crumbing. And town has 2 mis lynches

2) They Believe the person claiming and lynch me then questions will be asked why I made a post that looked like I was bread-crumbing Yoda when I didn't flip Yoda.

So yea, All I was simply saying was I was not breadcrumbing as Yoda and I feel you are reaching too much into this.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Zachrulez wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Unvote, Vote: JasonT1981

I forgot to bold :(

As for your second statement, did you also feel the need to explain you weren't breadcrumbing a couple of posts later in those games as well?
I'm trying to think about what the scum motivation would be for Talbot to do this, but I can't see one. Can you explain it for me?

Also, can you elaborate on whether you have actually caught any scum doing what you are voting Talbot for doing here?
So far, Alamaster just looked like he was joking around, and you seem to be fairly protown at the moment, meaning a really didn't see a case on the two most prevalent people right now. So, when I noticed Jason's post, I just found it interesting that he would make go through the lengths to explain a how a joke was not a breadcrumb; I didn't notice the post that Kast pointed out in 77. It was nothing but a feeling that I decided to pursue .

Have I ever caught any scum for saying things aren't breadcrumbs? Yes, in a mafia game I played on a clan-related forum a scum member had explained that a post wasn't a breadcrumb for apparently no reason, so I believe it to be a form of excessive paranoia, which in my mind is a scumtell. However, I don't see the relevancy of the question. Have you ever caught a scum from their not voting during the RVS?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Can you link to that game please?

I never said I voted for Alamaster because he didn't vote in RVS.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:26 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

No I can't, the forums are clan-related.

Then why are you voting him?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Not really liking Nachomamma right now.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Nachomamma8 wrote:No I can't, the forums are clan-related.
Unvote: Vote: Nachomamma8
I can't see a scum motivation for what Jason did, and you can't provide me an example of scum doing this in the course of a game. Perhaps you can see why I have a bit of a problem with that?
Nachomamma8 wrote:Then why are you voting him?
Post 41 is my voting post. The reasoning is in that post, weak as it was.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

12 alive, 7 to lynch
Vote Count
JastonT1981(1) - Nachomamma8
Snow_Bunny(1) -Chinaman
Kast(1) - Snow_Bunny
Bogre(1) - PHANTOM
Chinaman(1) - d3x
Nachomamma(2) - Kdub, Zachrulez

Not Voting(5) cateraction, AlmasterGM, Zachrulez, Kast, Bogre
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Clan related?

I take it, the game is on the clan's private boards then and not on public view? Heres something for you, I am a member of a very large and successful online gaming clan.. I can link whatever I like, with exception to the Private board which is only for clan related chat.

these sort of games etc usually only take place on public parts of the boards from what I can gather.

Can I ask, what is the clan?
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by Chinaman »

jasonT1981 wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Then why did you feel the need to explain your RVS posts in this game? No one had questioned you about it, so it's not like anyone else found you suspicious for your statement.
How hard is it to understand... I made a post talking like Yoda, I then said I was not actually bread-crumbing Yoda.. but lets look at something that could potentially arise down the line in this game that could put the town in some trouble now I think about it....

Think of it this way... down the line someone gets in trouble and claims they are Yoda as a defense (if he is in this game) I will be heavily questioned as to why I am bread-crumbing Yoda at the beginning of the game and 2 scenarios happen.

1) They think he is lying... lynch him, he flips Yoda and then I am set up for the next days lynch as it could easily be picked apart that I was falsely bread-crumbing. And town has 2 mis lynches

2) They Believe the person claiming and lynch me then questions will be asked why I made a post that looked like I was bread-crumbing Yoda when I didn't flip Yoda.

So yea, All I was simply saying was I was not breadcrumbing as Yoda and I feel you are reaching too much into this.
I'm getting a not so Jedi vibe from this post. There are 2 reasons for this.
-One: these 2 scenarios you post are by far and large not the only possibilities that would occur if a claim were to happen. There are many other things that could happen and trying to come up with them all would make our brains explode. Saying that one of those 2 things would happen if someone were to claim Yoda is suspicious as though you know someone probably will and it would screw you. In your 2 scenarios, you consider yourself dead in both.
-Two: So far, you have been very cautious as to explain everything you write and make sure we all know you weren't doing something nobody accused you of doing. Jedi are not so cautious IMO. Only the Sith would want to elaborate on and cut discussion of something they previously posted.

This whole post and the one where you stated you weren't breadcrumbing reeks of trying to be very clear you aren't doing something that someone might consider scummy. The issue it seems is that without anyone accusing you of breadcrumbing, you decided to defend a possible accusation before it could occur. It's almost as if you re-read your posts to make sure you hadn't done anything anyone could consider Sith-like and posted a defense on something that caught your eye about your own post. Way too cautious for a person at one with the Force. So, for my first real read on anyone:

Vote: Jason
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Also, many non MS games are linked to here in games. I can give one such example where a player called Sotty linked to games not played on this site to show various matas and examples.

Linked, or at least very detailed explanations of how you have seen scum doing this please or my vote will also be cast upon you.

What you did, to try and make me look dirty is something scum would do, take a small thing, and strawman it to make someone look dirty.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Chinaman wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:

I'm getting a not so Jedi vibe from this post. There are 2 reasons for this.
-One:
these 2 scenarios you post are by far and large not the only possibilities that would occur if a claim were to happen. There are many other things that could happen and trying to come up with them all would make our brains explode. Saying that one of those 2 things would happen if someone were to claim Yoda is suspicious as though you know someone probably will and it would screw you. In your 2 scenarios, you consider yourself dead in both.

-Two: So far, you have been very cautious as to explain everything you write and make sure we all know you weren't doing something nobody accused you of doing. Jedi are not so cautious IMO.
Only the Sith would want to elaborate on and cut discussion of something they previously posted.

This whole post and the one where you stated you weren't breadcrumbing reeks of trying to be very clear you aren't doing something that someone might consider scummy. The issue it seems is that without anyone accusing you of breadcrumbing, you decided to defend a possible accusation before it could occur. It's almost as if you re-read your posts to make sure you hadn't done anything anyone could consider Sith-like and posted a defense on something that caught your eye about your own post. Way too cautious for a person at one with the Force. So, for my first real read on anyone:

Vote: Jason
ok in regards to your postings.

1) You will notice I said potential scenarios... I did no where say these where the only two like you are trying to make out

2) Where have I tried to cut conversation? I have been trying to explain things and give my point. No where have I tried as you say to cut conversation.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

AlmasterGM wrote:Not really liking Nachomamma right now.
Then why aren't you placing a vote/caring to explain why?
jasonT1981 wrote:

Clan related?

I take it, the game is on the clan's private boards then and not on public view? Heres something for you, I am a member of a very large and successful online gaming clan.. I can link whatever I like, with exception to the Private board which is only for clan related chat.

these sort of games etc usually only take place on public parts of the boards from what I can gather.

Can I ask, what is the clan?
Skillerz. It's a Runescape gaming clan, and most boards are hidden to non-members. We used to play small games of mafia with usually around 9 or so players before activity fell.
Zachrulez wrote:
Unvote: Vote: Nachomamma8
I can't see a scum motivation for what Jason did, and you can't provide me an example of scum doing this in the course of a game. Perhaps you can see why I have a bit of a problem with that?
The goal of scum is to look as protown as possible and avoid being lynched. So, it is to great benefit to the scum to cover up any mistakes they might have and be very careful in making sure that anything they say won't be misconstrued. Saying that he was afraid that there was a real Yoda later would claim and he would get lynched for it; it was a joke made in the RVS, and a very well known one at that. So I just can't see why he felt he needed to cover up his tracks so much.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
The goal of scum is to look as protown as possible and avoid being lynched. So, it is to great benefit to the scum to cover up any mistakes they might have and be very careful in making sure that anything they say won't be misconstrued. Saying that he was afraid that there was a real Yoda later would claim and he would get lynched for it; it was a joke made in the RVS, and a very well known one at that. So I just can't see why he felt he needed to cover up his tracks so much.
It's to the town's benefit for him to clear up a potential misunderstanding before it happens.

Scum also generally want to avoid drawing attention to themselves btw.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

I am sorry, but you are misrepping me... I never once said I was afraid of there being a Yoda claim. I said there was a possibility it could go that way down the line.

I actually would like you to point out exactly where I said I was AFRAID of a Yoda claim or getting lynched from it...

I said they where only potentail Scanarios. I challenge you to find where I said I was afraid as I know you can not. I NEVER once said those words
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Zachrulez wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
It's to the town's benefit for him to clear up a potential misunderstanding before it happens.

If that is your belief, then why aren't you voting people who aren't participating and simply staying under the radar?
Jason wrote: I am sorry, but you are misrepping me... I never once said I was afraid of there being a Yoda claim. I said there was a possibility it could go that way down the line.

I actually would like you to point out exactly where I said I was AFRAID of a Yoda claim or getting lynched from it...

I said they where only potentail Scanarios. I challenge you to find where I said I was afraid as I know you can not. I NEVER once said those words
If you weren't afraid or worried of having your joke misrepresented, then why did you post the scenarios in the first place? And why did you need to explain that your joke wasn't a breadcrumb?

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

I am sorry, but you are yet to show me where I said I was afraid...

And is it scummy to put forth potential scenarios that may or may not happen down the line?

You are making a meal out of this. I have explained it, and you are trying to blow it up by saying things I did not say.

I am still waiting for you to show me where I said I was afraid....

Show me that please in my own words, then we will talk some more
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

If that is your belief, then why aren't you voting people who aren't participating and simply staying under the radar?
To make a case for that kind of scummy behavior, I would need more time to establish patterns of activity for players to determine if their lack of activity was motivated by that desire.

Anyway, it's not necissary at the moment. The town can only lynch one player at a time and I find your attack on Jason scummy.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

You keep saying that I'm misrepping you, but you're not explaining how.

This is how you explained it:
No, im simply stating that me doing a Yoda impression is not an actual breadcrumb of me being Yoda. I was simply doing the Yoda impression in my initial post because of the star wars theme.

I don't find that to be an adequate explanation.

You didn't say you were afraid/worried; I inferred you were because that's the only logical reason you would post the possible scenarios, right? And if you weren't worried about either of those things, then again, why did you feel the need to explain the joke?

Stop trying to avoid discussion like you're trying to in the last sentence.

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:You keep saying that I'm misrepping you, but you're not explaining how.
Well you first say I said I was afraid a real Yoda would claim later...

Nachomamma8 wrote: Saying that he was afraid that there was a real Yoda later would claim and he would get lynched for it
and when called on it, to provide me with the quote saying I am afraid you reply now with
Nachomamma8 wrote:

You didn't say you were afraid/worried;
But... you originally said I did until you where challenged, that is how you are misrepping.
Nachomamma8 wrote:

I don't find that to be an adequate explanation.
why is it not adequate to you?
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Stop trying to avoid discussion like you're trying to in the last sentence.
I'm not avoiding discussion.. I am just seeing this going around in circles in your continued attack on me....

OK Question... Do you think me explaining I was not bread-crumbing during the RVS is proof, or at least very good evidence I am scum?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Zachrulez wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

To make a case for that kind of scummy behavior, I would need more time to establish patterns of activity for players to determine if their lack of activity was motivated by that desire.

Anyway, it's not necissary at the moment. The town can only lynch one player at a time and I find your attack on Jason scummy.
Why?
Jason wrote: 1) Before I answer your question, why don't you answer mine?

2) You said what you were doing; you never said WHY you did it.

3)
You didn't say you were afraid/worried; I inferred you were because that's the only logical reason you would post the possible scenarios, right? And if you weren't worried about either of those things, then again, why did you feel the need to explain the joke?
Speaking of misrepping, why did you fail to quote the full sentence of what I said in your third quote? The rest of the sentence is very important, you know. And why aren't you quoting the whole sentence in your first quote, either?
Saying that he was afraid that there was a real Yoda later would claim and he would get lynched for it; it was a joke made in the RVS, and a very well known one at that.
Please note that I meant for that sentence to read "Saying that he was afraid that there was a real Yoda later would claim and he would get lynched for it was strange at best; his post was a joke made in the RVS, and a very well known one at that."

It didn't make a whole lot of sense to me while rereading it, so I doubt any of you could understand it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”