Newbie 835: Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Webz
Webz
Goon
Webz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:46 pm

Post by Webz »

Devotress wrote:Is there a way to view all of one person's posts in a thread? The forum I watched a mafia game on recently had that feature, and it was really usefull for trying to read people. On that forum, it was a little '?' a ways under there avatar.
I think that it's part of the now disabled search function, if was ever there at all. Which I'm not sure of.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:42 pm

Post by Devotress »

One thing I've noticed is that Yabbaguy and FallenAngel haven't posted since confirmation. This is in no way a scum tell, but, is still counter productive for the town, since the more people we have talking and more opinions we get the more things we have to build off of. I'd like to get them talking.

so, Hi Yabbaguy and FallenAngel.

Also, as a general question to all 9 people in this thread, who, in your opinion right now, is the scummiest seeming person?

I'll start: Kirbyoshi.

Kirbyoshi wrote:Are you trying to shut me up? Afraid I'll out you as scum?
Kirbyoshi wrote:I still think this part of the post is meant to stifle me. It's not working, but it's worth noting that it seems like "Hercules" is trying to stop me from speaking my mind when I want to. Any thoughts from anyone else?
He seemed really determined to try and paint Humble Pairot as scum here, and for very little basis to me. In his defense, he said he wasn't 100 percent sure it was scummy, but that doesn't take back the seed he was planting, and looking at their whole arguement, whether you agree with Humble or with Kirby, I think it's pretty clear nothing Humble was doing was actually giving off a scummy vibe.

There's also this:
Kirbyoshi wrote:
HP wrote:Why do you feel the need to ask for someone elses opinion of what you read? in general?
Because I know that if everyone disagrees with me, I'm probably wrong. Also, I asked for OTHER people's thoughts, not yours. I'd appreciate it if you didn't answer questions that aren't addressed to you, thanks. (c wut ah did thar?)
He got really hyper defensive. the "I'd appreciate it if you didn't answer questions that aren't addressed to you, thanks. (c wut ah did thar?)" part gives me a bad vibe. I never like players resorting to giving off attitude like that in an arguement, and it seems deflective.
Though as for that, I could be completly misreading Kirby's attempt to be light and humorous, in which case I apolagize and take back this whole last section.

I know some people have allready said who they think are scummy, but alot haven't, and I think if everyone could just List there number one suspect, with a bit of reasoning why, it'd be a good way to move forward.

Remember, i'm just asking you to say who you think is suspsicious, it's not a vote, and it's not a major commitment.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:44 pm

Post by Devotress »

To clarify the above, one of the reasons kirby going after Humble gave me Scummy vibes, is that Humble is one of the top 2 or 3 towniest people to me right now.
Webz
Webz
Goon
Webz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:16 pm

Post by Webz »

I also get vibes from kirbyoshi. Enough to do this:

Unvote: Double A

Vote: Kirbyoshi

He's had the same real fault as AA (random voting, though I seem to feel he would have voted for me if he didn't random) who I still see as a little scummy, but probably just used to a less serious :seriousface: atmosphere.

Kirb also seems to be posting an awful lot of posts that don't count for anything. I get the feeling he is lurking while he's posting. Other than that, I'm getting the same read as you: Trying to mess people around while keeping the votes of him. This seems like a bad scum technique, if he's scum, but it definitely isn't helping town.

Can you please clarify what you said about clearing the IC?

The other person who seems scummy is YamiJoey. I don't think he's scum, but he isn't helping town. He seems to be inexperienced and unread, but please answer Devotress's question, so we get more help from you.
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by YamiJoey »

" Not going to vote purely on meta, but I will FoS: YamiJoey. "

Did see a reason behind this; so I'll ask why.

Webz: I did try to create something on page two, but to no avail. The 180 turn was not for no reason, it was because I made a mistake on who posted what and post 39 was not suspicious on it's own (By Devotress?) so I no longer had any evidence.

Also; drats at no search function. It makes Mafia so easy.

To the above question:

Whilst I feel that Kirbyoshi has been fairly aggressive, I don't feel him to be directly scummy. The deflection on top of that does seem a little off.

I'd like to take it upon myself to
FOS: orangepenguin
. Multiple people have made the "Random" vote, yet OP has decided to pick out Double A (almost bandwaggoning in that respect) and create a focus on Kirbyoshi, who, as far as I can tell, was already under a little suspicion from players. Granted, he could actually be scum, but I feel this post was a little too easy for a Mafia player to make. The use of 'Advice' which ended up being 'There is no advice' threw me a little, too. OP basically said "You find scum simply by looking at the thread and finding scum."

If I had a Cop role, I'd be flipping a coin between Kirbyoshi and orangepenguin right now.

Also; just read post 62 by Kirbyoshi: I think that what HP was trying to get across, was that some questions needed to be answered by the suspected people only. Anyone else answering would allow the question to be avoided.

YJ
Show
i l o v e s e c r e t a g e n t s

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

[b]V/LA on weekends a lot. Soz beefz.[/b]
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:04 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I'd like to take it upon myself to FOS: orangepenguin. Multiple people have made the "Random" vote, yet OP has decided to pick out Double A (almost bandwaggoning in that respect) and create a focus on Kirbyoshi, who, as far as I can tell, was already under a little suspicion from players. Granted, he could actually be scum, but I feel this post was a little too easy for a Mafia player to make. The use of 'Advice' which ended up being 'There is no advice' threw me a little, too. OP basically said "You find scum simply by looking at the thread and finding scum."
Yeah, but the people who did it after those initial two did it as a result of the first two. One of them even did a "random vote" in jest, making fun of the whole thing.

Is there a way to view all of one person's posts in a thread? The forum I watched a mafia game on recently had that feature, and it was really usefull for trying to read people. On that forum, it was a little '?' a ways under there avatar.
It's at the bottom where it says "Displays post from previous:" and then has a boxes that say [All Posts (v)] by [All users (v)] [Oldest First (v)] Go is not implemented yet.
Webz
Webz
Goon
Webz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:13 pm

Post by Webz »

orangepenguin wrote:Yeah, but the people who did it after those initial two did it as a result of the first two. One of them even did a "random vote" in jest, making fun of the whole thing.
YJ, this is enough of a reason for me to clear that vote as not suspicious. I'm not trying to pressure you into thinking anything, but this is enough for me.
It's at the bottom where it says "Displays post from previous:" and then has a boxes that say [All Posts (v)] by [All users (v)] [Oldest First (v)] Go is not implemented yet.
Thanks a lot man. :)

I'm assuming that you still see AA as the most scummy, since you still have your vote on him. Is this true?

Okay, giving my run down on people so far:

Kirbyoshi:
I'm pretty sure when Thok says "as soon as he confirms," he means "as soon as he confirms."

Vote: Humble Poirot

My first time using random.org, ever.
Then:
I don't have a vote that stands yet either. Does that make me scummy? Also, I re-rolled on random.org, and you came up.

Vote: Webz
I don't think this is random, like OP has said. You're probably making harmless fun though, but you still are doing nothing to help town.
Then just self-vote (because you're gonna change it anyway) or reroll. Random votes are a good way to get discussion going.
Never self-vote (as town). Even just saying this gives me mafia vibes. The best way to get a bandwagon is to pressure people into it by seeing where the votes are. A self-vote helps no one, at least if they're town. Random votes hardly ever get discussion going. It's the single vote that isn't completely random that actually gets the ball rolling.

So then, are you denying it's a scumtell? To me, although some things can't be called "scumtells" per se, scum will probably have the same attitude from game to game, and therefore do some of the same things. Not going to vote purely on meta, but I will FoS: YamiJoey.

Oh yeah, and Unvote: Webz because apparently, like AA said, joking is illegal in a game.
You do realise that the person who the original comment was directed at was ME, not YJ? So you are giving no hard evidence before your FOS? Sloppiness is not what we want here.

Haha, joking about not joking. Haha. Have fun, man... :roll:
I'd be careful saying this kind of stuff,a tleast until the IC is cleared. ICs are just as likely to be scum as the rest of us.
The IC is bound to pretty much answer either way. This is, in a way, sparking mistrust and denying us information. Whether this is a subtle scum push or a red herring, I am not quite sure.
Are you trying to shut me up? Afraid I'll out you as scum?
I have a lot that I don't like about this post. You have nothing of evidence against HP, but you still call him out as scum, and try to spark an unneeded rivalry. Please, no. Indeed, your post before was, if anything, not against HP for asking the question, but against believing 100% what the IC says. This is the post where the "brawl" between you and HP starts, and it is completely pointless and based on what I see as a scummy conclusion to his reply.
Kirbyoshi wrote:I don't think I was spoiling the purpose of your question at all; I didn't answer for "OP the IC", nor did my comment keep him from answering any question posed to him.
HP wrote:I'd let people answer before I comment on questions not posed to myself.

Thank you.
I still think this part of the post is meant to stifle me. It's not working, but it's worth noting that it seems like "Hercules" is trying to stop me from speaking my mind when I want to. Any thoughts from anyone else?

Mod Edit: Fixing quote tags
No, you weren't trying to answer the question. You were doing the opposite, trying to invalidate the answer, and null the question.

And no, you shouldn't take this as a personal attack. The fact that you took ADVICE in a purely townie way as a threat is the scummiest thing that you've done so far. The "any thoughts from anyone else" is asking for a wagon, which will not come, and showing that your logic is not sound.
Ok, I was going off of my experience in a newbie game on another site where a vet gave advice to the SK to claim, and then the person who pointed out that that's NOT what the SK is supposed to do was labeled as scummy. While there is no SK in this game, and I don't think OP would tell scum to claim, I thought the same basic principles could apply to this game. Apparently the ICs here are bound to follow the guidelines in the "Being a Good IC" article. Makes for a better game, imo
It's good that you think that he will be a fair IC. So why your original comment about this. Also, this post could plant seeds of doubt against who could be our most helpful and experienced townie. I'm not sure if this really is a tell, but it's definitely a push in the scum direction.
Kirbyoshi wrote:So, what you're saying is that once a question is posed, no one is supposed to post anything pertaining to that subject until the question is answered?
Yes and no. Don't try and give the possible scum a good basis for a good answer. (Though this is clearly not the case here, as it is a question to the IC. I mean, the fact that you can give him an answer, not that he can't be scum.)
HP wrote:I don't want you to answer for others before they even post.
I wasn't answering for him, I was simply commenting on your question, and giving you some advice that I thought was good. You don't have to follow it if you don't want to.
Yes, the first part was right. You were giving advice, but it doesn't seem to me to be good advice. And he DOES need to follow. We need as many people with as comprehensive as possible knowledge about what words were flung and why, that way we are not stumped when a valuable player is nightkilled.
HP wrote:Why don't you say so instead of just saying "it's worth noting" without explaining what conclusion you may get...?
Because I'm not 100% sure it's scummy, but it may be a secondary reason for a vote, if it comes to that.
Now YOU'RE interpreting your action of saying "don't necessarily regard the answer to this question" as an attack, though a spineless one, on the asker? I think you were getting blinded, at this point, to what was going on and only looking at HP and the noose. Not a good thing.
HP wrote:Why do you feel the need to ask for someone elses opinion of what you read? in general?
Because I know that if everyone disagrees with me, I'm probably wrong. Also, I asked for OTHER people's thoughts, not yours. I'd appreciate it if you didn't answer questions that aren't addressed to you, thanks. (c wut ah did thar?)
This isn't a good line of thinking. Say what you think, even if it sounds "scummy", be firm of what you think, and if you're cut down by someone who has more experience than you because your argument is invalid, you've learnt. That's what these games are about, afterall. Also, he's adressing your whole post, and not answering the question, but asking about the asking (which is similar to what you did to him before.)

Because this took so long, I'll submit it now, so I can dig around while people can read what I've said.
Webz
Webz
Goon
Webz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:31 pm

Post by Webz »

I need to go to bed. But before I do, I'll give a less detailed analysis of the other people.

HP: You did misunderstand Kirb as "answering your question" when it is pretty clear he didn't. I'm still think what he said was in no was pro-town, but you have misinterpreted here. Other than that, you haven't slipped up anywhere and seem pro-town to me.

Devotress: You seem like a very nice person. But enough sucking up... Your posts haven't really amounted to anything, until the last one. I think you still have a vote on someone (?), and to me, you have posted enough of a reason to vote kirb. Why didn't you? The last post seems pro town, as it sparks discussion which is clearly bad for scum.

OP: You seem like a busy OP that wants to help us learn while having a life and playing in other mafia games. No scum vibes so far.

AA: You haven't posted anything that amounts to anything for the town. The closest you got was this:
Double A wrote:I said that in a game before and I got lynched
This doesn't seem to show your opinion at all. Being afraid to commit while still subtly pushing, or trying to stop people doing something, seems scummy. But I do get the "let's just have fun" vibe here. Please clarify your thoughts/

YJ: You seem to do the opposite of tunneling. Why were you so quick to discard your two cases? And why did they lack any substantial evidence? Also, why go against the IC when he is the third voter on the single case back then where evidence is present? There is a weak tell that the third voter is likely to be scum, but he was making a vote that hammered home the idea not to just attack people randomly, which seems to me like what a town IC would do. Also, as I stated before, his explanation was completely valid. Please either say whether you still have the case against him or not.

yabbaguy and fallen angel get slight - points for in no way helping the town up to this point.
Webz
Webz
Goon
Webz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:34 pm

Post by Webz »

EBWOP
OP: You seem like a busy
IC
that wants to help us learn while having a life and playing in other mafia games. No scum vibes so far.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:03 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Post coming later today... hold me to it. This is my first time juggling two games simultaneously.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:27 am

Post by YamiJoey »

Webz's second-to-last post:

"Why were you so quick to discard your two cases?"

Because I was only really probing when I FoS'd, and my second FoS was unfounded anyway.

"And why did they lack any substantial evidence?"

Misreading on my part, and because there's simply no evidence against the people I suggested. However, I am happy to see that people are still responding to these original accusitions, as it is giving a lot of insight into people's thought track. (Unless you're all doing what I'm doing and keeping a fair wack of it to yourself, just in case.)

"Also, why go against the IC when he is the third voter on the single case back then where evidence is present? There is a weak tell that the third voter is likely to be scum, but he was making a vote that hammered home the idea not to just attack people randomly, which seems to me like what a town IC would do. Also, as I stated before, his explanation was completely valid. Please either say whether you still have the case against him or not."

The reason I FoS'd op was because of the very little input made by them, and the fact that he picked up on two people who I don't see as having much different from the rest of the Town at that point. There was very little that caused them to really stand out as Scum, so I got suspicious of this behaviour.

I'd also like to put to you, that the
best
Mafia strategy, is to make accusitions that make sense. Even if they're also other Scum. Although, in a game with two Mafia, that might not be true, so this might need to be ignored. However, op could easily get away with staying in the game for a while, simply because newer players would be inclined to keep experienced players in the game to help them out.

I will always retain suspicion of players who have that "Experienced" flag next to their name. If new players are scum, they'll make mistakes here and there. If experienced players are scum, they'll make mistakes and then won't do it again.

Also; I prefered "OP: You seem like a busy OP" xD

YJ
Show

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:01 am

Post by Devotress »

Good Morning thread.
orangepenguin wrote: It's at the bottom where it says "Displays post from previous:" and then has a boxes that say [All Posts (v)] by [All users (v)] [Oldest First (v)] Go is not implemented yet.
Thanks.

Webz wrote:Devotress: You seem like a very nice person. But enough sucking up...
When I gave Kirby a bit of benefit of the doubt that he might have been trying to be jokey with his attitude?

I think you still have a vote on someone (?), and to me, you have posted enough of a reason to vote kirb. Why didn't you?
I don't have a vote out on anyone. I didn't place a vote against kirby because part of my point in that last post was the idea that:
Devotress wrote:Remember, i'm just asking you to say who you think is suspsicious, it's not a vote, and it's not a major commitment.
Because I think some of the nonposters might be a little timid about the whole thing. I would have lost the point of that bit I quoted if I followed it up with a big bolded vote text. Maybe I was babying them a bit to much?

I do feel comfortable giving him my vote, and will do so now.
Vote Kirbyoshi

YamiJoey wrote:
FOS: orangepenguin
This has 2 things
1)Scum could want to get rid of IC, IC feels like an obvious threat.
2)If he was scum, wouldn't he just be bandwagoning on Kirby to save himself instead of presenting us another option that he feels is more scum?
I go back and forth on this.

As a side not, I don't agree that there's anything suspicious about OP.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:08 am

Post by Devotress »

Editing the above.
Devotress wrote:Maybe I was babying them a bit to much?
Thok wrote:
fallen angel (SE)

yabbaguy (SE)
Seeing as they're both SE's, I guess I was babying them too much.
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:24 am

Post by YamiJoey »

Bandwaggoning is too obvious. He FoS'd to keep the suspicion up on a player up for the chop, and he would be able to simply go "Well, he seemed scummy enough to me" and push the vote over enough anyway, whilst at the same time bringing another player to light who may or may not be scum in order to divert from this tactic.

Basically:

"Vote: Double A" was done in order to look like he was trying to off a scum.
"FoS: Kirbyoshi" was done so that they would seem suspicious to more players and get more discussion.

I have a feeling that op, AA or Kirbyoshi contains one of out two Scum. I know that I'll probably get a link to some article saying this is a stupid thing to say, as you could pick any few random players and have a good chance of being right, but this is half the amount that it'd be necessary to have that sort of list, so it
does
help.

I want AA, Kirbyoshi or op to disprove me here, as it will help out in the long run. Hell; if all three can then, whilst I'll have no idea who
is
Mafia, I'll know four people who aren't, meaning that I could easily gain information on other players.

Just done this, so I feel like doing it again on this game:

Kirbyoshi: - Under suspicion from everyone; so I'd mainly watch out for people trying to really push votes on him.

Webz: - Acting like a very good Townie and discussing points quite nicely, but I feel focusing a little too much on Kirbyoshi. If Kirbyoshi is Mafia, fair do's, well done, but Kirbyoshi could be distracting from the two actual Mafia simply by being unlucky towards the beginning of the thread by people becoming suspicious early.

Humble Poirot: - Got on with the game very early (which I like) and really drilled into Kirbyoshi, which could be the main reason he's under suspicion now. Mostly got pissed after his probing got owned by someone who he wasn't trying to investigate. (Which pisses me off a lot, TBH.)

Devotress: - Starting to give a bit of information, but I don't like the vote against Kirbyoshi. Seems a little forced. (As if she feels like she has to simply because she has suspicions and others have done so.)

Double A: - I no longer feel suspicious of AA after my mishap. I went over at the time to try and gain some information as to why I FoS'd and realise I was wrong. I would be very happy to take AA's views as the truth in what he thinks. (Basically; I think he's a Townie.)

fallen angel (SE) / yabbaguy (SE): - Not seen anything from these two here. If they had a chance to pre-game discuss, they may very well've decided to be inactive in order to hide Mafia status.

orangepenguin (IC): - Until I hear something from op, I'm unsure I want to let my FoS slide on them. Someone who doesn't defend themselves because other people do when there is nothing much to go on seems more and more scummy every time they ignore it.

Also; if "piss" is considered an offensive word on here, I'll use it less. Just LMK.

YJ
Show

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:30 am

Post by YamiJoey »

EBWOP:

1) I'll make that look nicer next time I do it. [/Hates the fact he didn't bold ANYTHING.]
2) FA and yabbaguy have posted confirmation posts, parting yabba's "Will post soon" post. Do
not
like that. Would request a Prod on FA if he doesn't post by the end of tomorrow.

Also just like to check:
a. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, and 5 vanilla townies
b. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, and 7 vanilla townies
c. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Cop, and 6 vanilla townies
d. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, and 6 vanilla townies
We've not had confirmation it's any one of these yet, have we? Just want to find out if we
know
there's a Cop or Doc in the game. Don't care much for the role-blocker; it's the inclusion of the Cop that I'm mainly concerned with.

YJ
Show

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:42 am

Post by Devotress »

YamiJoey wrote:Bandwaggoning is too obvious. He FoS'd to keep the suspicion up on a player up for the chop, and he would be able to simply go "Well, he seemed scummy enough to me" and push the vote over enough anyway, whilst at the same time bringing another player to light who may or may not be scum in order to divert from this tactic.
The "wouldn't he bandwagon on Kirby if he was scum" thing was actually about you, not orangepenguin. As in, people are suspicious of you, but a few people are also suspicious of Kirby, if you were scum the best move would be to get kirby out. You going after OP, however misguided, is giving me minor townie vibes.
I could be over thinking it though. heh.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:57 am

Post by Devotress »

I'm about to head out to work, but I wanted to reply to this real quick.
YamiJoey wrote:]We've not had confirmation it's any one of these yet, have we?
Cop could only feel safe claiming if he knew there was a doctor, which he has no way of knowing. Also at that,
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, and 5 vanilla townies

Is the only setup that includes both a cop and a doctor. It also includes a Roleblocker. Cop would be crazy to claim. So if cop is out there, don't.
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:05 am

Post by YamiJoey »

Oh, thanks. Mint. xD

I wasn't asking for anyone to claim (but if Mafia want to, I don't mind that xP) but I was just wondering if I'd missed it being stated. Neh mind.

YJ
Show

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:43 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Webz wrote:I don't think this is random, like OP has said.
I guess you have to take me at my word. There's nothing I can do to prove it.
Webz wrote:You have nothing of evidence against HP, but you still call him out as scum,
You're right, this was completely useless and unneeded. My mistake.
Webz wrote:The "any thoughts from anyone else" is asking for a wagon,
I wasn't asking for a wagon. If I wanted a wagon, I would have voted for HP. Simply wanted verification on what I was saying, as I stated before. Since it seems everyone DOES disagree, I'll back off of HP.
Webz wrote:Say what you think, even if it sounds "scummy", be firm of what you think,
This game is a perfect example of why you SHOULDN'T do that. I said what I thought, and was firm about it, and got like 3 or 4 votes placed on me because of it.

OK, so now for who my top suspect is so far (subject to change, terms and conditions apply):
YJ wrote:Whilst I feel that Kirbyoshi has been fairly aggressive, I don't feel him to be directly scummy. The deflection on top of that does seem a little off.
This seems like a soft push, and...
YJ wrote:If I had a Cop role, I'd be flipping a coin between Kirbyoshi and orangepenguin right now.
You're case against op is kind of weak. Like you just picked out someone and made a half-hearted case against him. Or like you pointed him out because he didn't vote for me, who was being mini-wagoned at the time.

So, I forget who asked for everyones top suspicion, but mine is Yami. Since my opinion is that non-voting is useless, I will
Vote: YamiJoey
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:00 am

Post by YamiJoey »

OK; I've just read op's reply to my post, so my previous statement of "It stands until he replies" can be ignored; so my first port of call is to address this:

I think I understand what you're saying. You're argument is that Double A and Kirbyoshi only posted that it was a 'Random' vote because other players had posted random votes before them? That is plausable, but I just don't see it. Kirbyoshi has been a tad suspicious, yes, but this is about the only evidence on Double A. If you'd've voted Kirbyoshi and FoS'd Double A, it'd've made more sense to me, but you didn't, which is what made me notice it. Obviously there's the argument that V: KY and FOS: AA would make it look like bandwaggoning, but sometimes a vote must be cast for someone who has multiple votes if that is the way you see it.

The fact you did it this way around makes me think you were ensuring you would definitely NOT look like Scum. For someone who's supposed to be good at the game and playing around people who are supposed to be - erm - less good at the game, this seems like an odd move.

Now in rpely to Kirbyoshi:

The third comment in your post was a little unfair. The reaction to "other people's comments" is where you'd find the scumminess in your arguments, but I don't like how you have dropped your suspicions, simply because it is making people suspicious of you. The game is about winning, not surviving.

I was giving my opinion on everyone in that post. Picking yourself out was a defensive menouvre(sp?) which I understand, but as for the "half-hearted" comment; I feel the above has made my point clearer. It wasn't that you were being bandwaggoned and that op didn't follow (that would be a scummy play), it was the fact that he FoS'd you and then specifically voted for someone else. Just seems like a good diversion tactic, ready for the possibility of another Mafia coming into play and continuing the bandwaggon. (Which hasn't happened, but it is still possible.)

I don't understand why the vote on me. It seems you're voting me for being aggressive, when you yourself are being just as aggressive. Note that I have not voted anyone yet, leaving the play open for longer. (Less likely for any majority to be met.)

I realise that I am claiming "I AM TOWNIE!" a lot here, and I've pulled people on that in the past, (correctly or incorrectly, but I do it a lot) but it's about the only way to reinforce what I'm saying.

Devotress asked for your suspicion. ;)

YJ
Show

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:12 am

Post by fallen angel »

I'm here, I will post soon, sorry. I meant to yesterday but my internet wasn't working.
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:14 am

Post by YamiJoey »

IMO that is scum trying to cover for lurking. xP

[This is a joke. I simply have no more games to post on.]

YJ
Show

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:15 am

Post by yabbaguy »

@Double A-24: I disagree with the reactions point because nobody is really reacting to your vote in a serious manner. Also, I really don't know what you mean by contacting buddies.

@Webz-37: Then again, remember someone or something has to get discussion going at the outset. If everyone waits for someone to make the first scummy move, the game doesn't start.

@HP-42: I don't know why you're getting on OP for his random vote.

@Devotress-43: If the votecount is what HP implies, then yes, there's no reason to panic if a lynch is nowhere near forming.

@YJ-49: I think everyone here wants to look town. Why would scum approach it from a different perspective, such as trying to force the issue?

@AA-54: Why is joking bad in a game? Sure, a level head is important to scumhunt, but what's the harm in joking once in a while? Is it scummy? Anti-town?

@Kirby-58: That was not the right time to execute a full-force attack, especially when I have no idea what you were talking about.

@Webz-71: Scum might agree to be distancing in this case. (distancing = scum accusing each other to prevent each other from being affiliated together). You're gonna get yourself messed up in WIFOM loops if you think about that too hard. (Sorry, can't access my GIFs from school.) :(

@Devotress-76: I'll answer your "scummiest" question once I get home and have calmed down from the sudden rush of school that has hit me. It'll be in the next post I make.

@Webz-78: If you think Kirby has a legitimate weakness, why are you voting him for it?

@YJ-79: No cop directing please. If he or she exists, they should be thinking for themselves.

@Devotress-87: I'm not offended, just busy. And I promised you this post. :)

Note to self... analyze everyone's player-by-player analyses later.

I will analyze more in-depth when I get home, possibly I might vote. I don't know.

Anything noteworthy I missed?
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:33 am

Post by YamiJoey »

RE: Cop directing; I was merely giving my opinion. If the Cop wants to take it on board they can. I'm simply trying to help. I hate being in a position where I have an ability and no idea who to use it on, either too many or not enough targets. If they were in that position, then it would be helpful, if they already have their own ideas or if they see someone pop-up then they should obviously follow their own leads, as there's no reason I have to be followed. I could be wrong, or deliberately trying to mislead the Cop if I were Scum. If they were thinking "Kirbyoshi or AA" and looked at my post (Kirbyoshi or op) they could they think "Well Kirbyoshi is wanted as a scan, so I'll do that" or "Kirbyoshi is being watched more closely, so I'll scan AA to get it out of the way.". Both are legitimate plays, and my post could help. If they were thinking "I'll scan Webz" and then looked at my post, they may think "Well; I'll add them to the list and see what happens throughout the day" or "Well he has no idea what he's talking about" and scan Webz anyway.

I'd also like to point out that I simply took Kirbyoshi's word in previous posts. Double A was the player getting bandwaggoned in that case. (it put the votes at 3-0 for AA) After this it went to 2-2 (as it currently stands) between AA and Kirbyoshi. This does affect certain things from back then, but it's all been resolved anyway.

What it does tell me, is that Kirbyoshi is a little too - edgey? (Though I think that's stuck in my head from a previous post.) Why be so worried about getting bandwaggoned when there were no votes on him? That's not suspicious, it's just confusing.

YJ
Show

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:41 am

Post by YamiJoey »

EBWOP:

"@YJ-49: I think everyone here wants to look town. Why would scum approach it from a different perspective, such as trying to force the issue?"

Because they're under pressure to look Town. Everyone else can simply post what they feel, but Scum have to check, re-check and re-think every post they make. They have to ensure they're not revealing anything that isn't already known (often done by quoting and simply replying to quotes) and ensure they're not agreeing with their Mafia chum too much.

YJ
Show

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”