PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by PsychoSniper »

Vote Count:

canadianbovine - 2 (Wickedestjr, xRECKONERx)
nohandtyper - 2 (canadianbovine, Conspicuous_other)
Wickedestjr - 2 (wolframnhart, lobstermania)
Conspicuous_other - 2 (ChannelDelibird, CoCo)
lobstermania - 1 (DeathRowKitty)
Wolframnhart - 1 (qax42)

Not voting:

nohandtyper, My Milked Eek
Last edited by PsychoSniper on Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by stuntkeyboardist »

mod, you're missing someone. we have twelve players but only eleven voting/not voting in your list.
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:38 pm

you're missing My Milked Eek

:oops: Thanks, corrected
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

ah! looks like everyone just got off work and suddenly decided to appear. Here we go!

My antics have caused us to leave the random voting stage. So everyone, put on your serious faces! -serious face- No more time for jokes or riddles or any of that nonsense, time for full fledged mafia time.

First things first.
unvote: Nohandtyper
. Now that i have sparked discussion and seen that everyone isn't just lurking, i honestly don't care what you use to type with, nohands.

Reckoner, [I've really wanted to call you Locke now, and I imagine locke saying your posts.] don't you see what I've done? I have caused significant discussion out of insignificant discussion.

No hands should take nothing personal from the revote. It has done its' job, everyone magically appeared, and here we are.

This nonsense talking has brought out one thing though
Coco wrote: Vote Conspicuous_other for diverting an interesting subject.
apologies if my bb code is a little off. Exactly what interesting subject has been diverted? And how did conspicuous divert this subject?
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by lobstermania »

Personally, the re-vote looks like a way to appease the spotlight from the unvote and sink back into the folds. I think the only action this game by CanadianBovine that actually makes sense is his unvote. I'm going to
FoS: CanadianBovine
for trying to "fit back in" and shuck off some suspicion.
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:52 pm

FoS lobster? I'm just all out
vote
ing
: canadianbovine

I wasn't so sure about voting him before, but his banter on sparking discussion sounds too much like every other person's nervous banter when they're playing scum and caught in their words (I've been VERY guilty of that myself). You wanted it, now let the game begin.
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:55 pm

np mod. With 12 players, it isnt hard to lose one.
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

nohandtyper wrote:FoS lobster? I'm just all out
vote
ing
: canadianbovine

I wasn't so sure about voting him before, but his banter on sparking discussion sounds too much like every other person's nervous banter when they're playing scum and caught in their words (I've been VERY guilty of that myself). You wanted it, now let the game begin.
practically an OMGUS if i hadn't removed my vote.

i must of been retarded earlier today. 7 votes needed for a lynch and i though you were at L-2? seriously what is wrong with me. You and lobster didnt ask me anything so this post ends quickly.
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:58 pm

canadianbovine, I've nothing to ask at the moment. I'm just observing for a bit.

Tone: casual
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by lobstermania »

nohandtyper wrote:FoS lobster?
If I had waited one more minute to read the thread before posting, I might have changed my mind. His triumphant "look what I did" post #78 irritates me; I find it odd that canadianbovine takes the credit for the discussion his poorly planed actions have created. In all honesty, I think the recognition goes to ChadnelDelibird for calling canadianbovine out multiple times and asking very good questions.
I will
unvote
, but I'm going to hold off for a little bit longer before I vote again.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by lobstermania »

ebwop: ChannelDelibird!
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Yeesh, come back and BAM pages to read. As far as the thing goes with canadian, i have seen the "nervous" player that nohand talked about, and maybe this is an exact case, but i am just as intrigued by lobster saying that canadian was trying to fit back in, so he fos's, and when asked about his Fos and then unvotes his random, saying
lobstermania wrote: I will unvote, but I'm going to hold off for a little bit longer before I vote again.
that just doesnt sit well with me for some reason.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Conspicuous_other
Conspicuous_other
Goon
Conspicuous_other
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by Conspicuous_other »

I don't like the fact that Canadian is falling back on the "I was getting the ball rolling" excuse, because it doesn't really mean anything. Doing something strange/scummy will naturally start discussion, and saying you were doing something suspicious just for the purpose of getting the game going is very hard for me to swallow.

Canadian-Please answer this question: Why did you revote NoHandTyler?
CanadianBovine wrote:practically an OMGUS if i hadn't removed my vote.
OMGUS is irrelevant out of context. He had a reasonable reason to vote you, so it's not noteworthy.
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

Conspicuous_other wrote:I don't like the fact that Canadian is falling back on the "I was getting the ball rolling" excuse, because it doesn't really mean anything. Doing something strange/scummy will naturally start discussion, and saying you were doing something suspicious just for the purpose of getting the game going is very hard for me to swallow.

Canadian-Please answer this question: Why did you revote NoHandTyler?
CanadianBovine wrote:practically an OMGUS if i hadn't removed my vote.
OMGUS is irrelevant out of context. He had a reasonable reason to vote you, so it's not noteworthy.
honestly in my retardedness i thought that there were much less people then normal. thought 5 was the number needed for a lynch and i didnt want an accidental lynch. seeing as how that wasnt the case since both my numbers were off and someone changed their vote and the mod didnt notice that. It was basically me un-unvoting. If i didnt mess up my numbers i wouldnt of unvoted.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

bovine, I do not think your actions were some ultimate planned out thing.
In fact, I'm pretty sure they were just reactions, not plans. No way did you "mean to get discussion started" by doing this, and if you did, that's a horrible way to do it.
green shirt thursdays
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

xreckonerx wrote:bovine, I do not think your actions were some ultimate planned out thing
I wrote: I had not woken up today intending to unvote then revote to invoke discussion. That wasn't in my plan at all. In fact, you can say I have no plan as of yet.
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:14 pm

canadianbovine wrote:
xreckonerx wrote:bovine, I do not think your actions were some ultimate planned out thing
I wrote: I had not woken up today intending to unvote then revote to invoke discussion. That wasn't in my plan at all. In fact, you can say I have no plan as of yet.
canadianbovine wrote:Reckoner, don't you see what I've done? I have caused significant discussion out of insignificant discussion.

No hands should take nothing personal from the revote. It has done its' job, everyone magically appeared, and here we are.
Is it not a plan when you take action because you intend for something to happen in the future because of it?
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

nohandtyper wrote:
Is it not a plan when you take action because you intend for something to happen in the future because of it?
It was not a plan because in neither of those quotes had I said I intended for that all along.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by lobstermania »

wolframnhart wrote:Yeesh, come back and BAM pages to read. As far as the thing goes with canadian, i have seen the "nervous" player that nohand talked about, and maybe this is an exact case, but i am just as intrigued by lobster saying that canadian was trying to fit back in, so he fos's, and when asked about his Fos and then unvotes his random, saying
lobstermania wrote: I will unvote, but I'm going to hold off for a little bit longer before I vote again.
that just doesnt sit well with me for some reason.
How so? I random voted Nohands, fos'd canadianbovine, and then unvoted nohands. That seems like a slow, but logical progression towards voting on someone who is actually worthy of a vote (like canadianbovine).
Does this help?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:37 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

nohandtyper wrote:
canadianbovine wrote:
I wrote: I had not woken up today intending to unvote then revote to invoke discussion. That wasn't in my plan at all. In fact, you can say
I have no plan as of yet
canadianbovine wrote:Reckoner, don't you see what I've done? I have caused significant discussion out of insignificant discussion.

No hands should take nothing personal from the revote.
It has done its' job,
everyone magically appeared, and here we are.
See: bolded parts. You can't have no plans at all and be winging it, but also say that a specific action/choice you made has "done its job".
green shirt thursdays
qax42
qax42
Townie
qax42
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:12 pm

Post by qax42 »

Quite the sudden influx of posts!

Re the canadianbovine mishap:
I would have thought this is an eager, albeit slightly stupid, townie, but looking at how long he's been here I'm not too sure. I can see the argument of nervous scum caught in his own words.

Re the so-called OMGUS vote:
Yeah, that's a non-issue. I agree with Conspicuous_other; OMGUS is irrelevant if there was a legitimate claim to vote.

unvote
my random, since we seem to be done with that.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:20 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

unvote, vote: lobstermania

Why so reluctant to use your vote? You happily placed a random one, now something that you actually find suspicious turns up and you'd rather just unvote and wait to use it?
#greenshirtthursdays
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:18 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

@ChannelDelibird - Earlier you asked why I changed my random vote to another random vote. I did this because I disagreed with canadianbovine about the whole no hand typing ability, but I voted you for thinking the person in my avatar is creepy, as do I, so I felt that it was stupid to vote for somebody that agreed with me.

I don't think canadianbovine's revoting was very suspicious, but I do think that it was suspicious to say that he woke up without a plan, and was then trying to take credit for beginning this discussion, although it was really ChannelDelibird that started this.

I don't think that lobstermania not wanting to use his vote seems very scummy, but it is kind of pointless if you are suspicious of somebody.

My vote stands.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:56 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Eh?
I lose my connection for a day/evening and there are 4 pages.

I'll catch up during the course of the day and post tonight (have a final on Tuesday so cannot spend too much time here in one sitting, so I'm spreading it out in small sessions).
Eek
!
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:21 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Wickedestjr wrote:@ChannelDelibird - Earlier you asked why I changed my random vote to another random vote. I did this because I disagreed with canadianbovine about the whole no hand typing ability, but I voted you for thinking the person in my avatar is creepy, as do I, so I felt that it was stupid to vote for somebody that agreed with me.
This post seems faintly overrationalised to me (I use the word faintly deliberately).
Wickedestjr wrote:I don't think that lobstermania not wanting to use his vote seems very scummy, but it is kind of pointless if you are suspicious of somebody.
I disagree here. The vote is the most important tool of the town. Its use is pressure, something a FoS really doesn't do on any real level, and not using the vote, especially early on when there's a bigger margin before a lynch, means you're not pressuring any possible scum.

Lobstermania random voted, so it's clear he recognises that his vote can put pressure on people and maybe make scum trip up, so the fact that there is now someone he genuinely suspects means that he really should be using his vote to put pressure on CB. There's no reason why lobstertown shouldn't be voting CB at this time, but lobsterscum might well want to avoid a bandwagon on CBtown, or even be trying to keep the pressure off CBscum.
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”