Micro 635 - 09:12 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 712, Ümläüt wrote:Man, I'm looking back through Accountant's ISO and I
still
can't see him as scum.

I actually got paranoid for a bit and went to look through Snake's ISO again as well, but while I suppose it's just barely possible that Snake would hard-bus his partner for two days straight, I can't see any reason he would want to shoot Vedith and then DLA, when Vedith was townreading both him and ASP and DLA suspected literally everyone but him. (If I were scum in Snake's position I would likely shoot Lion instead.)

(Too bad, because we don't get to make stupid ASP/snake puns)
This isn't how the Babysitter works btw. Scum had to target BTD that night in order for Vedith to die as well. It's like a reverse Hider.

Also GL is conftown and you think neither Eager nor I are likely scum. I know your vote is on me, but I don't get why.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by Ümläüt »

In post 725, Aristophanes wrote:This isn't how the Babysitter works btw. Scum had to target BTD that night in order for Vedith to die as well. It's like a reverse Hider.
Yeah, you're right. I forgot about that.

My vote is on you because Snake is blatantly obvtown.
“Of course it's my fault. There's no one else here who could be responsible for anything.”
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:53 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

Yeah I already claimed obvtown bro u cc me?
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 12, A Simple Plan wrote:VOTE: lycan

Umlaut, you say reverse Gambler, but wouldn't it be more like a randomized version of the hot-hand fallacy in basketball, based upon the construct of momentum (i.e., player is more likely to make the third shot if he makes the first two because he has the "hot hand").

Alternatively, the gambler's fallacy suggests that because Guilty was guilty last time they played, Guilty is town this time.
ASP talked to Umlaut in his first post
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:49 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 482, Ümläüt wrote:Sigh. Not loving the vagueclaim in a setup where Mafia hard-fakeclaiming is dangerous.

But I doubt you're getting lynched today, so JI'll just say I'm looking forward to seeing either that proof or your swinging body tomorrow.

VOTE: Aristophanes

I don't love this wagon but it's better than GL.
In post 483, Ümläüt wrote:Wait, Vedith already left the Aristo wagon, so I can vote whomever I want.

VOTE: A Simple Plan
Ari I want you to convince me that scum!Umlaut would have any motivation whatsoever to do this, otherwise I'm like most definitely gonna vote you
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:52 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 448, Aristophanes wrote:As I said, I wouldn't vote ASP today because
I think he will show his alignment later on anyway
also like if I squint really hard, this feels like you knew he was rolecop already and were hoping he'd be able to pass it off like town rolecop later. Like it reads like you've already been thinking about how he can "show his alignment".
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:46 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 729, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 482, Ümläüt wrote:Sigh. Not loving the vagueclaim in a setup where Mafia hard-fakeclaiming is dangerous.

But I doubt you're getting lynched today, so JI'll just say I'm looking forward to seeing either that proof or your swinging body tomorrow.

VOTE: Aristophanes

I don't love this wagon but it's better than GL.
In post 483, Ümläüt wrote:Wait, Vedith already left the Aristo wagon, so I can vote whomever I want.

VOTE: A Simple Plan
Ari I want you to convince me that scum!Umlaut would have any motivation whatsoever to do this, otherwise I'm like most definitely gonna vote you
This was amid a deadline scramble and wasn't kept there long. Throwing a vote onto a partner there is excellent distancing without risk of bussing. He made the vote, but didn't push it in any way! He just kinda threw it out there willy nilly before jumping to the next biggest wagon!

That's actually really good scum play.
GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 448, Aristophanes wrote:As I said, I wouldn't vote ASP today because
I think he will show his alignment later on anyway
also like if I squint really hard, this feels like you knew he was rolecop already and were hoping he'd be able to pass it off like town rolecop later. Like it reads like you've already been thinking about how he can "show his alignment".
Do I have to tell you how ridiculous this point is? Because it is.
I have played with him before, I have mislynched him before, and I find him easier to read once there are more posts. Him being MiA is NAI and I don't use it to read him anymore. Simple as that.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:36 am

Post by Ümläüt »

Aristophanes, you yourself pushed me to move my vote off of ASP and onto BTD.
In post 499, Aristophanes wrote:Ninja'd
Ümläüt, GL is very likely to flip town, and DLA just caught BTD in a lie. Vote with is and we have a chance at lynching scum this phase!
(Funny thing, you didn't actually mention ASP at all in this post, yet I was the only one you directly addressed. You had nothing to say to the four people who were actually
on
the GL wagon.)

When I did switch to BTD I said it was because "he's not Lion," which I still maintain was an excellent reason.

I tried
again
to wagon ASP in after Snake and Lion made it clear they would go for that, but I switched to Lycanfire, also for not being Lion, when DLA said
In post 581, DarkLightA wrote:Guys, we're 5 active people here, 2 of whom are unwilling to vote ASP. It's not gonna go through.
“Of course it's my fault. There's no one else here who could be responsible for anything.”
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:38 am

Post by eagerSnake »

If only you guys would've listen to me D1!
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Ümläüt »

*crickets*
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:25 am

Post by Ümläüt »

A Møøse once bit my sister...
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:41 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 735, Ümläüt wrote:A Møøse once bit my sister...
Does she live in Canada?

I'll do this tn or tomorrow. Been working and under the weather.

Let's not lose this!
- Jingle
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Ümläüt »

In post 736, Aristophanes wrote:Does she live in Canada?
I actually lived in New England all my life up through last year, I've had to brake for moose on the road a few times.

Looking forward to you explaining why I'm scum. Scum.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:12 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

see I'm like 70-80% sure Aristophanes is scum but I never know what to do in this situation, if he is scum it's meaningless and almost cruel to force him to write up some big defense just to hammer him anyway.

but that said, if he's town then we're about to lose, so I do want to give him time if he's busy (since he's V/LA weekends). I'll wait until Wednesday morning at the very latest for a useful post from Ari, if there isn't one then I'll hammer. And if he keeps dodging around then I'll hammer.
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Ümläüt »

I wish I could tell you "Here's a super awesome reason you should just go ahead and hammer Aristo," but I don't have a super awesome reason, just PoE (which is obviously a bit easier from my position with a conftown who isn't me).

I guess if you're 70-80% sure Aristo is scum, you might as well vote if you don't see any argument changing your confidence by more than 20-30%.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

To be honest with you I'm on edges about them and would say 50/50

theres faults on both ends but nothing damning
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:59 pm

Post by Ümläüt »

I'm kind of unnerved that Aristo hasn't actually voted me. Either he thinks there's a serious chance that Snake is scum (and I would love to hear that case if so), or he's holding out for a chance to quickhammer whatever wagon pops up.
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Ümläüt »

In post 736, Aristophanes wrote:I'll do this tn or tomorrow. Been working and under the weather.
How are you feeling now?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:31 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I'm here! So sorry for the delay!

Let's do this!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

So, Umlaut is scum. I was going to do a write up on both Eager and Umlaut, but there's no point.

VOTE: Umlaut

Look at his posts between 53 and 94. Just look at them. They are expert distancing and trying to appear town. He went back to read old ASP games, which is something I've seen get townread in the past, especially when it turns out the one he did it on is scum. Vut what did he gain from this reread? Not a hell of a lot. Just that he could vote there, but could also vote 0x40. Like, he is trying to apply pressure to the wagon without voting it, and while softly pushing people onto another.
In post 105, Ümläüt wrote:Hi, Mav.

I'd like to know who if anyone is townreading ASP right now and why. Obviously if you think he's town you should be trying to keep us from mislynching; but just as importantly, if his wagon goes to a lynch unchallenged, it will be hard for town to draw much associational data from it regardless of the flip.
This is hard posturing. He is saying "ASP is scummy" without saying it, and trying to goad people into townreading the slot (either so he can scumread them on "associatives" or to avoid the lynch). It appears that Umlaut had little faith in ASP and decided to set their distance up early to avoid complications.
follows as another subtle defense. He doesn't shoot down main reasons for ASP scumreads (probably because he already knew his alignment) and instead is picking at all the small things to keep damage to a minimum.

This progression makes no sense to me:
In post 128, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 126, Ümläüt wrote:To clarify: "too easy" is okay as an argument against lynching someone
right now
(because we need more discussion), but not as an argument against lynching them
that day
This is a good way of concisely expressing what I was trying to say earlier.

As it stands, I have no idea who 0x40 and Mav are scumreading. Lycanfire also seems to be coasting. And if ASP is town it'd definitely benefit the game for him to be more involved as well.

If you all are that convinced that ASP is scum already then try to find his partner. I don't have a solid stance on ASP but that's mostly because it's early and he hasn't done much at all, and there's several other players that haven't rung town to me yet either.
In post 129, Ümläüt wrote:I can't move my vote to 0x40 because it's already there.

Hey, 0x40, do you have any opinions on anything yet?
He totally disregards the mention of ASP and focuses, once again, on 0x40, who is probably the easiest counterwagon to push at this point.
Which, might I add, is exactly what he does. His reads list in has Scum!ASP and 0x40 in the bottom tier, but 0x40, who has done nothing of value yet, if the one he wants to lynch. This is pushed hard through the next posts, and all of this just happens to directly follow the VC where ASP is at L-1. Probably set him into panic mode where a final push against the ASP lynch couldn't hurt, especially since he's been deemed scum anyway by Umlaut at this point. The push is continued on DLA for consistency's sake I imagine.

Upon the "vagueclaim" by DLA, he votes me, then ASP immediately after. I find this weird. Like, very much so. He was distancing from him with this vote, as I mentioned before, and didn't push for the lynch. If he'd really wanted it, he'd have brought up his prior case again and tried to make happen. Instead, we get nothing of the sort. After the BTD claim, he became very interested in the positions of the PRs (likely to try and figure it out in relation to ASP's) as seen in . This directly follows a fake town-slip in where he tries to pull a third PR claim out (knowing it would never happen).

is damning. He throws shade at our claimed PR DLA making a vanity vote on ASP. This sets him up to go with the flow the next day when ASP set up to counterclaim. This was obviously premeditated and organized here.
In post 627, Ümläüt wrote:ASP, this is why you DON'T DISAPPEAR IN THE LAST FEW HOURS OF THE DAY
This is either an extremely badly faked reaction or scum frustration at their partner being let out. Or both. Probably both.

Post-claim, is also quite fake. He "knows which claim he likes better" but waits until he knows which way everyone is going before he actually makes the vote. Because of thisHe can still get townpoints for "trying to get info out of him before making it obvious" while actually playing it slow so he can gauge the town and possibly hailmary save his partner.

He then thrown shade at DLA for forgetting ASP was counterclaiming RB, and uses his well set up ASP pushes from earlier to clear him of the negative connotations of it! This is really good scumplay, Umlaut. I really am impressed by it. He continues pushing against the lynch slowly in after being shut down for being called out in for exaggerating his earlier push on ASP. This is where he also shifts the blame onto DLA again. This is so scummy it hurts.
He's distancing, trying to avoid the lynch, and trying to get townpoints for the lynch all at once! This is scum caught in a hard spot trying all angles!

Fastforward to today.
I could talk about a couple things, but the main two posts that are the worst things are the following:
In post 739, Ümläüt wrote:I wish I could tell you "Here's a super awesome reason you should just go ahead and hammer Aristo," but I don't have a super awesome reason, just PoE (which is obviously a bit easier from my position with a conftown who isn't me).

I guess if you're 70-80% sure Aristo is scum, you might as well vote
if you don't see any argument changing your confidence by more than 20-30%.
In post 741, Ümläüt wrote:I'm kind of unnerved that Aristo hasn't actually voted me. Either he thinks there's a serious chance that Snake is scum (and I would love to hear that case if so), or he's holding out for a chance to quickhammer whatever wagon pops up.
The first is a call for GL to hammer me and end the game before I can respond. This Is Scum!
Town would want to have me come in here and talk. Town would want to be 100% sure. Scum just want that hammer to fall so they can claim their prize!
The second is a hard discredit. He wants me to make a vote so he can call it scum. He is pushing again for the game to end before I can quickhammer, which there is no chance of me even doing. These posts are the nails in his coffin and blatantly agitated scum who wants to end the game!
- Jingle
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'd like to see Umlaut's response to this
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by Ümläüt »

And you'll have it!

Probably not tonight though, my kids have both apparently forgotten how to go to sleep so I'm going to be occupied for a while.
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:42 am

Post by Ümläüt »

All right, let's go through this point-by-point. Sorry about the length, it takes a wall to rebut a wall.
So, Umlaut is scum.
This is false!
Look at his posts between 53 and 94. Just look at them. They are expert distancing and trying to appear town.
Yes, please go look at them. Since they're so damning you'd think Aristo would quote or at least link them, but nope!

In I ask Lycan to explain his vote on ASP
In I explictly say why I think ASP is scum (and why I'm not voting him)
In and I say why 0x40 is also a good wagon
In I ask GL for links to past games where ASP was lynchbait
In and I actually look at those games and say what I've found.

I assume it's 76 and 79 Aristo is talking about here, so why not just say "posts 76 and 79" instead of asking you to go through two pages?
He went back to read old ASP games, which is something I've seen get townread in the past, especially when it turns out the one he did it on is scum. [But] what did he gain from this reread? Not a hell of a lot. Just that he could vote there, but could also vote 0x40. Like, he is trying to apply pressure to the wagon without voting it, and while softly pushing people onto another.
The first sentence of this accusation is hilarious. It's basically saying I'm scum for doing something that's usually a towntell.

Reread those posts and you'll see I was arguing that ASP's meta is
not
exonerating evidence as GL suggested. That is:
  • I say ASP would be a good lynch
  • GL says "We should be cautious because he's lynchbait"
  • I
    reject
    his evidence for that and argue that no, we
    don't
    need to be especially cautious
That series of posts could just as well be used to make a case that I'm town and trying to use them to prove I'm scum smacks of motivated reasoning.
In post 105, Ümläüt wrote:Hi, Mav.

I'd like to know who if anyone is townreading ASP right now and why. Obviously if you think he's town you should be trying to keep us from mislynching; but just as importantly, if his wagon goes to a lynch unchallenged, it will be hard for town to draw much associational data from it regardless of the flip.
This is hard posturing. He is saying "ASP is scummy" without saying it, and trying to goad people into townreading the slot (either so he can scumread them on "associatives" or to avoid the lynch). It appears that Umlaut had little faith in ASP and decided to set their distance up early to avoid complications.
How does saying "Does anyone townread ASP?" goad people into townreading ASP? I was trying to get a sense because no one had actually said they thought ASP was probably town at that point, which makes it hard to do much analysis of the wagon if he flips. You're damn right I wanted to form reads based on ASP associatives, just without the quotation marks.
follows as another subtle defense. He doesn't shoot down main reasons for ASP scumreads (probably because he already knew his alignment) and instead is picking at all the small things to keep damage to a minimum.
This is a major misrep. I notice once again you chose not to quote this post.

People were
townreading
ASP for his (specifically "Guilty, please don't defend me") because it didn't make sense for scum. I responded that it doesn't make sense for town
or
scum. Therefore it's not a reason to change reads on him. This is maybe not obvious when reading the post in isolation because the last sentence is sort of dissonant with that, but it should be clear when reading what I was responding to. Once again the effect of this post was (ideally) to prevent ASP from getting undue town cred.
This progression makes no sense to me:
[stuff]
He totally disregards the mention of ASP and focuses, once again, on 0x40, who is probably the easiest counterwagon to push at this point.
Which, might I add, is exactly what he does. His reads list in has Scum!ASP and 0x40 in the bottom tier, but 0x40, who has done nothing of value yet, if the one he wants to lynch. This is pushed hard through the next posts, and all of this just happens to directly follow the VC where ASP is at L-1. Probably set him into panic mode where a final push against the ASP lynch couldn't hurt, especially since he's been deemed scum anyway by Umlaut at this point. The push is continued on DLA for consistency's sake I imagine.
The mention of ASP you're talking about is GL telling us to stop talking so much about ASP and talk more about our other reads. Which I did. How is this hard to follow? You've even quoted me saying that "too easy"
is not
a good reason not to lynch ASP.

I love the misleadingly true statement "happens to directly follow the VC where ASP is at L-1." The VC he refers to is . ASP had been at L-1 since . There was a votecount posted in , almost immediately after which I said it was a good wagon and I was happy with a lynch on it. Then, three pages and three IRL days later, I panicked? Cool story, bro.

[post=Upon the "vagueclaim" by DLA, he votes me, then ASP immediately after. I find this weird. Like, very much so. He was distancing from him with this vote, as I mentioned before, and didn't push for the lynch. If he'd really wanted it, he'd have brought up his prior case again and tried to make happen. Instead, we get nothing of the sort.]Upon the "vagueclaim" by DLA, he votes me, then ASP immediately after. I find this weird. Like, very much so. He was distancing from him with this vote, as I mentioned before, and didn't push for the lynch. If he'd really wanted it, he'd have brought up his prior case again and tried to make happen. Instead, we get nothing of the sort.[/post]
We were under extreme deadline pressure. The last few hours of the day are not a time to try and change people's hearts, they're a time to negotiate based on their existing reads. Everyone who has played more than two games of Mafia knows this.

. This directly follows a fake town-slip in where he tries to pull a third PR claim out (knowing it would never happen).
I don't know what you're accusing me of here. I said one thing about the position of the PRs and it was "Answer DarkLight's question." Re. the "fake town-slip," let's take away the presumption that I'm faking and see what's left: "This directly follows a town-slip where he tries to pull a third PR claim out." How is this even an accusation?
is damning.
Uh-oh! Let's see what it is then.
He throws shade at our claimed PR DLA making a vanity vote on ASP. This sets him up to go with the flow the next day when ASP set up to counterclaim. This was obviously premeditated and organized here.
So you thought Darklight's post there was good? Or that I shouldn't have voted ASP? Which of the two things is scummy, calling bad posts bad or voting for scum?
In post 627, Ümläüt wrote:ASP, this is why you DON'T DISAPPEAR IN THE LAST FEW HOURS OF THE DAY
This is either an extremely badly faked reaction or scum frustration at their partner being let out. Or both. Probably both.
This is just an assertion so I can just respond with an assertion. No, it's not.
Post-claim, is also quite fake. He "knows which claim he likes better" but waits until he knows which way everyone is going before he actually makes the vote. Because of this he can still get townpoints for "trying to get info out of him before making it obvious" while actually playing it slow so he can gauge the town and possibly hailmary save his partner.
Yes, this was a pretty clever plan. The cleverest part was how I then went and slipped that I liked DLA's claim better and voted ASP, before anyone actually weighed in except Snake (who anyone could have predicted would keep his vote on ASP).
He then thrown shade at DLA for forgetting ASP was counterclaiming RB, and uses his well set up ASP pushes from earlier to clear him of the negative connotations of it! This is really good scumplay, Umlaut. I really am impressed by it. He continues pushing against the lynch slowly in after being shut down for being called out in for exaggerating his earlier push on ASP. This is where he also shifts the blame onto DLA again. This is so scummy it hurts.
He's distancing, trying to avoid the lynch, and trying to get townpoints for the lynch all at once! This is scum caught in a hard spot trying all angles!
I would appreciate your admiration a lot more if you were mistaken town instead of lying scum.

I'm not going to apologize for trying to make sure we lynch the right person in mylo.
Fastforward to today.
I could talk about a couple things, but the main two posts that are the worst things are the following:
In post 739, Ümläüt wrote:I wish I could tell you "Here's a super awesome reason you should just go ahead and hammer Aristo," but I don't have a super awesome reason, just PoE (which is obviously a bit easier from my position with a conftown who isn't me).

I guess if you're 70-80% sure Aristo is scum, you might as well vote
if you don't see any argument changing your confidence by more than 20-30%.
In post 741, Ümläüt wrote:I'm kind of unnerved that Aristo hasn't actually voted me. Either he thinks there's a serious chance that Snake is scum (and I would love to hear that case if so), or he's holding out for a chance to quickhammer whatever wagon pops up.
The first is a call for GL to hammer me and end the game before I can respond. This Is Scum!
Town would want to have me come in here and talk. Town would want to be 100% sure. Scum just want that hammer to fall so they can claim their prize!
You are completely failing to acknowledge that I am (nearly) 100% sure, because I am the only other suspect. I know I'm not scum, I know GL isn't scum, and I'm confident Snake isn't scum. Therefore it's you. I don't need to hear your case to know that.

Good use of bolding by the way. I say "If you don't believe anything will make Aristophanes stop being your top scumread, you should hammer," and you report this as my saying "You should hammer." I can't be mad at you for this, you're just trying to win, but it's a misrep plain and simple.
The second is a hard discredit. He wants me to make a vote so he can call it scum. He is pushing again for the game to end before I can quickhammer, which there is no chance of me even doing. These posts are the nails in his coffin and blatantly agitated scum who wants to end the game!
You want to know why I made that post?

Because no one had posted in over 24 hours and it was the only thing I could think of to discuss.

I would ask you to explain exactly how I'm supposed to discredit you by getting you to vote me, given that you have no one else to vote, but of course the answer would just be bullshit, so there's no need.
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:05 am

Post by Ümläüt »

Go read my interaction with the ASP wagon on Day 1 again, GL. There were opportunities galore to drop my read on him.

You said it felt like the wagon was going too fast. I said "Yeah, but that's fine because the points against him are just that good."

You pointed out that ASP was frequent lynchbait. I asked for proof instead of taking you at your word.

You provided your proof in the form of links to some past games. I read the games (already more work than I would bother with as scum) and said no, none of the ways he was scumread in those games applies here and everything he did still looks scummy to me.

ASP got a bunch of townpoints for telling Lion to stop defending him. I said those townpoints were undeserved.

In and I argued against the entire concept of a wagon being "too easy," throwing away the best argument I could have made against lynching ASP.

When we were in deadline crunch I repeatedly tried to restart the ASP wagon until it was 100% clear it wasn't going through that day. So instead I (pseudo)voted ASP right out of the gate the next day.

Honestly I was a bit concerned that if ASP did flip town I would have to worry about being mislynched for pushing so hard on him. I never could have imagined I would have to answer for not pushing hard enough. If you think I'm scum based on my ASP associatives, you deserve the loss.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:06 am

Post by eagerSnake »

I could make a way better case for Umlaut!scum but I think of Ockham's Razor and decide to not believe that Umlaut has been planning this since Day 1...

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”