snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:16 am

Post by snscompt1 »

Well, I could very well be wrong. If so, gg scum. However, I need everyone to be constantly active after the lynch. There is a delay in the killing times and I believe that if we are wrong, we have a quick chance to correct the issue by lynching SC. So I beg of thee, please check frequently.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:23 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

:: VoteCount 5x1 ::

Paschendale (2)
-
StrangerCoug, snscompt1

StrangerCoug (1)
-
Paschendale

Not Voting (3)
-
RedCoyote, Aegor, The Rufflig

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline for Day Five is in (expired on 2014-06-21 19:18:05).
Welcome to the Network.
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:09 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

Unless anyone has anything else to say, I'll put down a vote late afternoon tomorrow.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:23 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

VOTE: Paschendale
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Post by Aegor »

I almost hammered.

Then I had second thoughts.

RC, did you claim a role? For some reason I thought you did at some point. I know that is absurd; I just need to sort out all these PRs and confirm that Snarky was limited to the nearest nodes and that he did not target you.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:40 am

Post by The Rufflig »

VOTE: Paschendale
Don't Panic!
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:04 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

:: Final Day Five VoteCount ::

Paschendale (4)
-
StrangerCoug, snscompt1, RedCoyote, The Rufflig

StrangerCoug (1)
-
Paschendale

Not Voting (1)
-
Aegor

Lynch has been reached at 4 votes.

Mod scene forthcoming....
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:24 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

4. Paschendale,
Town Tracker
, Lynched Day 5.

9. snscompt1,
Town Mason
, Corrupted Day 6.

1. RedCoyote,
Town Conscripted Inventor
, Endgamed.

5. Aegor,
Vanilla Town
, Endgamed.

The Mafia consisting of The Rufflig, StrangerCoug, and cxinlee have won Mini 1572.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:24 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Modnotes:
Scum Zone
Mason Subsection
Dead Zone

First off, thank you to all the players for once again being my test subjects for these ideas of mine. I do know that messing around with different ideas tends to lead to games that make players feel cheated by "the system", so hopefully you all enjoyed the time in the game regardless of the setup. Thanks again to The Rufflig and Saki for helping out with replacements, the appreciation for those can't be stated enough.

About the game: It was quite amusing to see two different players have the scumteam called completely Day One (I can't find it now but it was one of RedCoyote's). I felt that the scumteam was under fire the entire game and by Day Three when the claims started coming out I was certain that this was going to be a town win. As I said in the dead thread I have to apologize to the scumteam for putting them in a really tight position. I was worried that the setup was going to get broken at that point and I felt bad to have handed out a broken game. Then came the Saki lynch. RedCoyote said it straight, and I feel that was the turning point that put the scum back in the game. I think that if the town had sat a moment, looked at the claims, they may have worked out what the setup was likely to be and the scum would have been pretty helpless. Maybe that's just mod perspective though. From a setup perspective I loved how the endgame looked. 4 possible players, 2 scum had to be in there. The mechanic helped the town find a nice subset lynch pool, enhancing the scumhunting but not turning it into a "follow the cop" sort of situation. I personally think it forced the four players to all have to present an argument why they shouldn't be the lynch. Also I'm surprised that no one called RedCoyote out on the idea of having two of the same roles in the game, no one considered that one of them may have been scum.

About the setup: It took me a lot of different maps to find one that fit all the criteria I was looking for. The fact that it was a 13 player game made me cut out a few cool ideas that I had in mind for the setup originally, but that only means I can save them for a later iteration if it comes. Unfortunately for beastcharizard, he predicated his original setup theory on the highest priority criteria that I had: scum could not by normal means hit every player in the game. I did provide a workaround so the scum could eliminate a "problem player" in the form of a special one shot ability for the Mafia Godfather, but between cxinlee getting lynched early and not ever telling his teammates about the ability it was a useless measure. The masons were a later addition that I thought would be interesting but turned out to not work as I expected. Funnily, all three of the observers in that mason thread were scum, which was not an intended effect. When I added in the masons I thought it would be fitting to have the mechanic affect their chat ability in some manner and the result of that was adding the observers. The inventors just fit so well with the idea of player choice effecting the setup and with the idea of node connections between players, but perhaps the amount of power they added into the game was a bit too much.

tl;dr: Thanks for taking the time to play, congratulations scum for a game hard earned.

Mafia Killed: beastcharizard, Porkens, snscompt1
Snarky hid behind StrangerCoug.

Spoiler: Setup
1x Mafia Godfather
2x Mafia Goon
2x Conscripted Inventor
2x Mason
6x Vanilla

Spoiler: Distribution
1. RedCoyote - Conscripted Inventor
2. Nobody Special - Vanilla
3. idk - Vanilla
4. Paschendale - Vanilla
5. Aegor - Vanilla
6. SiX - Mafia Goon
7. cxinlee - Mafia Godfather
8. Porkens - Mason
9. snscompt1 - Mason
10. beastcharizard - Vanilla
11. StrangerCoug - Mafia Goon
12. tman2nd - Conscripted Inventor
13. Snarky - Vanilla

Spoiler: Roles
Town Roles

Mod wrote:Welcome, Playername,
Node 00.
You can feel the energy flowing through this network, you can feel the darkness lurking here too.

Vanilla:
You have no special abilities.

Town Win Condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive, whether you are alive or not.
[Standard Town Factional Win Condition.]

Game Topic is here: Mini 1572 - The Network.

Reply by PM to confirm you understand your role and win condition.

Mod wrote:Welcome, PlayerName,
Node 00.
The powers that be have pressed you into service. At the very least, you can choose who to enlighten.

Conscripted Inventor:
You must select
two separate
players directly connected to your node to grant special abilities to, before the end of Day One. Failure to do so results in your death. These players will receive their granted abilities at the beginning of Day Two.
The available abilities to be granted are:
[
XXXX
]

Available Targets:
[
00. Xxxxxx
]

Town Win Condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive, whether you are alive or not.

Mod Note: Inventor 1 gets to pass out: 1-Shot Hider, Tracker. Inventor 2 gets: Jailkeeper, Range Extender.

Node 00.
Connections, authentications, these things are good.

Mason:
You know the player [
00. Xxxxxx
] to be aligned with Town.
Subsection Communication:
Due to your connection to your Mason partner, you may communicate at any time in the Subsection Private Topic. Note that since your nodes are not directly connected, the three other players
[
00. Xxxxxx, 00. Xxxxx, 00.Xxxxx
]
placed along your connection path to your partner will have access to this topic, but may not communicate in any way in this topic. These players are not informed of your alignment nor your role, and are similarly unaware of your partner's role and alignment. They are also unaware of the reason for their inclusion in the subsection.

Town Win Condition:

Mafia Roles

Node 00.
It feels great to know everything doesn't it? You've infiltrated this network at its core. Enjoy the power.

Mafia Stealth Godfather:
You are immune to investigative abilities.

Factional Abilities:

5-Shot Factional Removal:
Your faction has the ability to remove a player from the game, once per day, at any point within the game. This factional ability
may not
be used on Day One. The player submitting the kill will be viewed as the person committing the kill. This factional ability is governed by connections within the network, and for the sake of convenience for all involved, the available targets for each player able to submit the kill will be listed in the provided Private Topic. The factional removal method is:
[Corrupted]

Power, Unlimited Power
[
1-Shot Range Extension
]
:
Once during the duration of the game, if you have chosen to perform the Factional Removal personally, you may disregard the direct connection limitation on targeting and target any player within the game.

Private Topic:
Once you confirm your role, you may speak in this Private Topic at any time that you are alive. You may not communicate about the game elsewhere (via PMs or on another board, for instance).

Mafia Win Condition:
You win when all other factions have left the game and at least one member of your faction is still in the game, or nothing can prevent the same.
[Standard Mafia Factional Win Condition.]

Node 00.
Sure you may just be a pawn in a greater scheme, but you at least get to have a little fun!

Mafia Goon:
You have no special abilities.

Factional Abilities:

5-Shot Factional Removal:
Your faction has the ability to remove a player from the game, once per day, at any point within the game. This factional ability
may not
be used on Day One. The player submitting the kill will be viewed as the person committing the kill. This factional ability is governed by connections within the network, and for the sake of convenience for all involved, the available targets for each player able to submit the kill will be listed in the provided Private Topic. The factional removal method is:
[Corrupted]

Private Topic:
Once you confirm your role, you may speak in this Private Topic at any time that you are alive. You may not communicate about the game elsewhere (via PMs or on another board, for instance).

Mafia Win Condition:
You win when all other factions have left the game and at least one member of your faction is still in the game, or nothing can prevent the same.
[Standard Mafia Factional Win Condition.]

Welcome to the Network.
snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:27 am

Post by snscompt1 »

Great game and well done scum. My bad Pasch but I honestly thought it was you and Aegor the way it was going.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:30 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 733, kunkstar7 wrote:tl;dr: Thanks for taking the time to play, congratulations scum for a game hard earned.
I can't thank you enough for this. This wasn't possible without some luck and thinking ahead. If Snarky had hid behind Paschendale instead of me, I think we would have certainly lost. I'd have been connected to confirmed players only, so I wouldn't be able to shoot without giving away my alignment, and we would have been PoE'd out after long enough.

I think it was interesting that we fooled the town regarding how exactly the scum kill worked. We simply were not going to win by shooting at every available opportunity. That would give the town too much information in figuring us out. So we only shot when necessary: beastcharizard was the only kill that couldn't be traced back to me (since the entire scum team was observing the masons), Snarky forced our hand when we killed Porkens, and the mod knew I was going to kill sns with the plan we had in mind. I was hoping the beastcharizard kill would implicate RedCoyote but was ready to bus cxinlee if the kill did not have that effect.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:50 am

Post by Paschendale »

This was definitely an interesting setup. I'd hope that we'd have a better chance if we tried it again, but this time knowing how the game worked a lot better.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:31 am

Post by Aegor »

Good job scum. SC avoided scummy posts. I should have pushed The Rufflig harder. Legit thought Pasch was scum, especially given SC as the alternative.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:05 am

Post by beastcharizard »

I loved this game. I hope there is another one like this.
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:47 am

Post by The Rufflig »

That was difficult. I was wondering why we had a mere godfather against a pair of masons and a pair of inventors (that we seemingly could not kill) and the inventions could only flow into town hands to produce more town PRs. It definitely felt overwhelming, at times.

cxinlee's ability to shoot one of the inventors would have been a godsend. We could have killed someone with no connections to any member of the scum team. As it was, every kill was traceable to a small group of players (which included a guaranteed member of the scum). So, we decided to stop killing - which gave the town another lynch to work with - UGH! A side effect of the lack of scum kills seemed to make the town too complacent. They seemed to believe that the scum couldn't kill. They also seemed to think they had plenty of time and a lot of mislynches to burn through. Losing 3 town players from day 4 to day 5 hit the town right in their soft spot. Suddenly the town was in mylo and the lack of scum hunting the previous couple of days came back to bite them.

I think the town should have won this. After cxinlee was lynched, all the power belonged to the town. We were forced to give up 2 of our potential kills. It required a great deal of luck on the scum side to win this.

RedCoyote: You were right. As a town player, I wouldn't have made such a lousy hammer on Saki -- I
am
a better player than that. Yes, I took shameless advantage of the vote sns carelessly left on Saki. I knew it was risky. Luckily, it all worked out somehow -- well for the scum anyhow. :) Hopefully next time we will end up as town together.

kunkstar7: This game had a nice concept. I hope you decide to refine it.
Don't Panic!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:14 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Great job, scum. I was a bit too quick to vote Pasch there, but I don't know if I'd have voted SC after Paach's comments today. I enjoyed this game, Mod. I always enjoy your games and think you do a great job in trying to make a fair, unique setup.

I do wish Saki wasn't lynched. I really think we could've won this game if those that lynched Saki wouldn't have lynched so quickly. Otherwise, the town did okay. The scum outplayed us though. I though SC and Ruff were scum at times, but I didn't push them hard enough when I did.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:14 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

gg all! :]
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

GG everyone. I did enjoy playing with you all.

I thought my theory was genius too. :(
Snarky
Snarky
Goon
Snarky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:12 am

Post by Snarky »

Congrats scum. You played extremely well.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Equinox »

Mine?