Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:33 pm

Post by Glork »

EDIT:
Glork wrote:I also note your attempts to connect me to Mert, and the fact that you've continually hammered at me
(while largely ignoring Mert)
I meant to include that little phrase. Could be indicative of an MBL-Mert pairing. Or MBL might be aligned with either Pablito or PJ (though I'm doubting that now, given his response). Or he could very well be town, but that would just make me sad.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:51 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Glork wrote:I meant to include that little phrase. Could be indicative of an MBL-Mert pairing. Or MBL might be aligned with either Pablito or PJ (though I'm doubting that now, given his response). Or he could very well be town, but that would just make me sad.
Why would that make you sad? From my point of view, his analysis has merit. I pretty much agree with his stance on PJ, and he raises some good points against Pablito. His case against you is the weakest of the three, but it's still worth consideration.

That last sentence is really bugging me. Assuming you are town, I don't see why you are so quick to dismiss the points he raises against PJ and Pablito.
Glork wrote:CTD, are you around? Will you do your homework assignment? Do I need to smack you into submission?
I already did. :D
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:42 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Glork wrote:EDIT:
Glork wrote:I also note your attempts to connect me to Mert, and the fact that you've continually hammered at me
(while largely ignoring Mert)
I meant to include that little phrase. Could be indicative of an MBL-Mert pairing. Or MBL might be aligned with either Pablito or PJ (though I'm doubting that now, given his response). Or he could very well be town, but that would just make me sad.
glork

i demand you kill crash text dummie or myself

i will nto toler ate anything else
Surfs up dude.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:55 am

Post by Glork »

I'm talking about his play in general, CTD. I feel that it's been particularly shoddy for a good portion of the game.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:36 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I feel that MBL's case on Glork not airing his views directly before the execution doesn't make sense since there were many other people who didn't do so. I also remember that Glork had told us what he thought of the people already before that time.

Note: I only mean that this particular MBL's point is wrong. I still find the king vaguely scummy for reasons I've mentioned earlier and MBL's other reasons. Picking up specific people to do homework also draws attention to those specific people, for the king's own reasons, which may be scummy. However, since it's obvious the king won't die today, I'll bring this out again tomorrow, since it's a useless discussion now.

I've already mentioned what I think of the PJ killing RC issue.

I didn't mean that you didn't have a case on bird, I meant I didn't understand your case on bird... but now that I've spent some time going through your post, I got it.

Your humble servant at your service... do I have an assignment?
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:38 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I also promise to do a read to decide if MBL's many scum-pairings ring true for me... but I'd rather have some HW to do so I can do that at the same time when I'm doing my read.
Blank.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:45 am

Post by Glork »

Sure. Pick an assignment I gave to somebody else and complete it for yourself. Post your findings in the thread. (I'll explain why I gave this particular pseudo-assignment to you once you've completed it.)

Also, regarding this:
spectrumvoid wrote:Picking up specific people to do homework also draws attention to those specific people, for the king's own reasons, which may be scummy.
I don't think it's a useless discussion today. In fact, I'm very interested to see what other people think of this notion. Legitimate? Ridiculous? Somewhere inbetween?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:56 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Vacation until a week from monday
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:48 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I made that long post because the way yesterday's lynch went down didn't feel right to me, pablito's been downright bizarre, and it feels like Glork's throwing darts at a board as king today. I started by going back over PJ's posts from the end of D1 and more info kept turning up that appeared relevant. I'm not sure all three are scum or are connected. I just want to spit thoughts out in case over time they congeal into a big picture. Some of this evidence, for example, jives with the "bird's scumpartners kicked him in the nuts overnight" theory, because PJ and pablito were the primary nutkickers of bird end of yesterday.

Also, forgot to mention this last night. I believe Fuldu theorized in game one that scum are more likely to refer to the scum team in a flavorfully correct way. Glork is the only person I've seen refer to scum as "assasins" during my rereads. There may be others who have, but I noted that Glork did for certain, and the ghost of Fuldu says take note.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:01 am

Post by pablito »

MBL, you have a good analysis there, but it should also be pointed out that all three of the PJ, Glork, Pabs triad have purposefully been in the spotlight. PJ was first king, Glork was second and Pablito has explicitly tried to link himself to the other two (as well as most other highly visible players such as cbox and bird1111). Take it as you will, but I think it's painfully obvious that you and many others will try to link us together because of the way things have gone down. At some point one should wonder if one or more of us is scum, why be this visible?
Sup, later.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:06 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

PJ didn't have a choice about his kingship, and in fact, didn't approach it with his usual vigor. Glork explicitly stated that he wished he HADN'T been chosen king, so he's not willingly in the spotlight. And you--if you're scum you clearly made a choice at the start of the game to WIFOM this exact topic, which means you'd push this exact argument sooner or later. "I'm high profile, which scum wouldn't be."

There's no cop to fear, so high profile is not a terrible thing. Clearly it worked to your advantage last night, as you got the execution you and only you lobbied for.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:07 am

Post by Zindaras »

Glork, do you have any assignments for me while I reread the thread?
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:36 am

Post by Nightson »

pablito wrote:MBL, you have a good analysis there, but it should also be pointed out that all three of the PJ, Glork, Pabs triad have purposefully been in the spotlight. PJ was first king, Glork was second and Pablito has explicitly tried to link himself to the other two (as well as most other highly visible players such as cbox and bird1111). Take it as you will, but I think it's painfully obvious that you and many others will try to link us together because of the way things have gone down. At some point one should wonder if one or more of us is scum, why be this visible?
Please don't WIFOM.

On the whole MBL vs. Glork, PJ, and pab thing

I think MBL is town and wrong
I think GLork is town
I'm pretty sure PJ is town
I don't know about pab, I've had doubts about him from the beginning

Glork, I really do intend to do my homework assignment, but things keep coming up to prevent me from doing a full reread (which is what I'll need to do), I'll get to it as soon as I have the time.
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:01 am

Post by Glork »

Zindaras wrote:Glork, do you have any assignments for me while I reread the thread?
Not really. I'd actually prefer if you just read over everything and give your overall opinions on whatever comes to mind.

If you could jot down some things in Notepad as you read and make a "stream-of-consciousness post" with most/all of your thoughts as you go, I think that'd be great.

MBL wrote:Also, forgot to mention this last night. I believe Fuldu theorized in game one that scum are more likely to refer to the scum team in a flavorfully correct way. Glork is the only person I've seen refer to scum as "assasins" during my rereads. There may be others who have, but I noted that Glork did for certain, and the ghost of Fuldu says take note.
I'll also note that Fuldu was completely wrong. IIRC, n_lich (KM81) and I (KM72were the only two people to refer to the scum as Assassins before Fuldu brought that up (KM94. We were both pro-town. Fuldu's observation/conclusion was erroneous. The fact that you're even attempting to use it as evidence here is just another red flag in my book.
You've just jumped to the top of my list, buddy. Congratulations.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:14 am

Post by Zindaras »

Glork wrote:Not really. I'd actually prefer if you just read over everything and give your overall opinions on whatever comes to mind.

If you could jot down some things in Notepad as you read and make a "stream-of-consciousness post" with most/all of your thoughts as you go, I think that'd be great.
Okay. I'm starting my reading right now.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:15 am

Post by LuckayLuck »

Glork wrote:You've [MBL] just jumped to the top of my list, buddy. Congratulations.
Do you have some sort of execution warning plan planned out? I intend to defend MBL before you execute him, but as late as possible ideally.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:32 am

Post by Glork »

I don't know, LL. I really just don't know right now. I keep wavering on MBL because though I feel that the vast majority of his points have been logically flawed or otherwise erroneous, he keeps doing some things that make me think that he's pro-town. (For example, after Pablito's bringing up of the spotlight WIFOM, I'm actually starting to come around to the notion that Pablito might be scum.)

Here's the thing, Luckay. I had (and I think I still do have) a decent chunk of respect for MBL as a player, and as a scumhunter. I expect decent play from him. When I don't see that -- especially when I see him attacking me from a thousand different angles on points that I feel are weak and/or flawed (the two biggest in my mind are his attempts to connect me to Mert and his most recent insinuation that Fuldu's "scum are likely to use flavor" theory held/holds true) -- I start to wonder. I start to get the distinct feeling that MBL is
searching for excuses to attack me
. That he's poking the bear for some reason or another. What are the possible motivations for MBL's constant attacks on me? I can think of three things. 1) He really think he keeps finding little things that make him think that I'm scum; 2) He's trying to cloud my judgement by distracting and upsetting me; or 3) He's trying to rouse other players against me for a possible future execution. Based on that train of thought, I find it more likely that MBL is scum -- that he's either trying to get in my head, or that he's trying to stir people against me. I feel that MBL's play has been particularly horrendous one way or another. I don't see his attacks on myself having any merit (and as I shoot them down, he keeps dropping the subject and finding some *other* excuse to go after me). I don't think his attacks on PJ are very well-founded and I strongly feel that PJ is pro-town. I don't agree with his nut-kicking theory regarding Bird1111. I think some of his points against Pablito (the freudian slipping and the bringing up of OMGUS) have some pretty good merit. But overall, I think his play has been absolutely shitty and it's just not getting any better.

I do not have an execution plan. I didn't warn either Slay or PJ when I executed them in Kingmaker 1. That's partly because I don't feel that I should be giving scum any prep-time if they're on the verge of being killed. I think it's apparent that MBL and Pooky are atop my list (Yos has slipped just a tiny bit, and Pablito is beginning to rise), and barring something fairly significant, I will be executing one of the four of them. So... I guess I should make my
Official Execution List: MBL, Pooky, Pablito, Yosarian2

At any rate, Luckay, I'd like to hear your defense of MBL. Maybe I just need a couple of outside opinions on him, because right now all I'm getting from him is "Scum." But I do worry that my perception might be skewed by a bit of OMGUS.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:38 am

Post by LuckayLuck »

lol...
before I do that, can I hear about the "nut-kicking theory"? It's what I missed out on during the crash...
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:46 am

Post by Glork »

MBL came up with a theory that Bird1111 is scum based on the fact that, after lurking like hell and contributing very little D1, he came out with analysis/commentary on every single player, to start D2. MBL claimed that the only reason a player would suddenly become interested in a game, after doing nothing beforehand, would be if his scumbuddies "kicked him in the nuts" (i.e., told him to start posting or die/get replaced).

Bird claims that he just had a change in heart after recieving an overnight prod. A lot of debate ensued, and players took up various stances. Off the top of my head, here are what some of the players thought.
Suppoert of theory: MBL, Pooky, PJ, Phoebus(?), Twomz
Against theory: Glork, Yosarian, Pablito(?)
On the fence: Spectrumvoid

There were some other opinions, but those are the ones that stick in my mind the most. *shrug*
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:59 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

I am squeezed for time at the moment, but it seems like I definitely need to address this post.

1.) I advocated
either
a Thok-King
or
a Glork-King. My preference between the two was Thok, since it seems like for the whole of Day One, Thok and I were pretty much kindred spirits. When other players have the same thought processes as myself, I have a good reason to believe they are not fabricating suspicions, and if people aren't fabricating suspicions, they are very likely to be town. Despite my early run-in with Glork, after I had time to (calmly) read his posts, I could better understand what type of scum-hunting he was doing on Day One. Reactions from multiple players might not catch scum
immediately
, but it
will
make catching scum later in the game much easier. After the first scum falls, catching the others is only a matter of reevaluating the thread.

2.) If you haven't noticed, my reasons for voting Bird1111
were
weak. Multiple people said they didn't even understand the reasons
why
I was voting Bird1111. I was under the impression that he was purposely lurking for most of the game. After I asked him to be prodded and he did not respond, I began wondering if lurking was not the problem so much as the problem was that he
needed a replacement
. MBL knows that I
always
favor replacement over lynching if that the is the main problem with a player. I think I made that pretty clear in my posts. Bird's two offenses on Day One were his strange "joke vote" sequence (which I latched onto) and his subsequent absence upon being attacked for it. If the absence was not purposeful, that cuts my reasoning to only his "joke vote". That alone was not (and is not) enough to make me think somebody is scum. His re-entrance into the game tells me he probably
was
purposely avoiding the thread, which is (along with the "nut-kicking" theory) why I am voting for him today.

3.) MBL still does not seem to understand the fact that I was
under a deadline
and had to do something drastic. My only two "big" suspicions were Bird1111 and Phoebus, but I had a reason not to execute either of them. I have explained my doubts on Bird above, and MoS's defense of Phoebus was weighing on my mind. I
needed
an alternative. After reading through the thread, I picked a suspicion I could agree with: Rosso Carne. Of note: even though Pablito had 9 votes, or whatever,
I never really bought the Pablito-scum case
. I agreed that his behavior was peculiar, but that did not make his behavior scummy. Rosso Carne replaced ShadowLurker, who
also
was acting very different from his usual self. ShadowLurker (as town) has a habit of getting in people's faces, and being a good person to spur discussion (even though I often find about 90% of his theories completely half-baked). This is also the only game I have seen ShadowLurker ask for replacement. Rosso Carne, upon entering, talked about "hammering" people (which is impossible in a Kingmaker game) and did little to nothing but attack me. Then he just disappeared from the thread. The difference between Rosso and Bird here is that I
know
Rosso was actively reading the thread, because I remember seeing him in ScumChat and posting in other games. This was enough to tip the scales when it came down to the wire on Day One.

4.) I don't even understand your attack on Glork in that post. What was he supposed to do? He had already given his opinions on the game at that time, and I had considered them. I was asking for any input from anybody who happened to be reading the thread. I like as much information as possibile if I am in a position to drastically influence a game (such as being the deciding factor in a lynch - or an execution, in this case).

As it is, I think I will also have to scourge some games to see whether or not MBL makes connections posts as town or scum. I don't distinctly remember him doing anything of that sort in Simon Mafia (where he was town). I'm skimming Newbie #254 quickly... still reading, but I think this is noteworthy:
MBL, post 195 in Newbie Game #254 wrote:On the surface it looks like an attempt to provide an alternative to Fletcher.

But I know PJ is clevererer than that.
I find it interesting that in
that
game, MBL considers me very clever, whereas all of his arguments in
this
game basically rely on me being incredibly dumb scum. MBL, could you please clear this up for me? It may be the case that your opinion on my cleverness has decreased dramatically since last we played.

It looks like MBL made a grouping of people he thought was scum in that game, but didn't really draw any connections between the three. This game, MBL also seems to be doing a grouping, but
is
drawing connections between the three, so that we become less separable. I am willing to wager that people are starting to think of Glork/PJ/Pablito as a threesome by this point, which I don't believe is too healthy a mindset. I also recall that as scum in Jelly Mafia, MBL was more than willing to draw connections between people on
Day One
... I remember having a long discussion with Ibby after she was replaced about MBL's playstyle in general. Namely, his prefence towards connecting one of his scum-partners with a townsperson very early in the game. I will have to do some more research to see if this is a consistent playstyle of MBL however. I don't think Himalayan or Goofball Mafia can really be used here, since he replaced later than Day One into both of those games, which changes the circumstances.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:40 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

PJ wrote:I find it interesting that in that game, MBL considers me very clever, whereas all of his arguments in this game basically rely on me being incredibly dumb scum. MBL, could you please clear this up for me?
Kingmaker's a very different game, in that the King bears the sole burden of choosing he execution. I'd expect PJscum in a random game to manipulate players into voting for town. I'd expect King PJ to be consternated because ultimately HE will be the one to have to look bad by executing town. I think that disconnect between his desire to maintain his excellent scumhunting reputation and his need to execute a townie would manifest in various ways, including intentional errors of omission and selective choices of who to press on what issues. I've said this town made it easy D1 for PJ to execute just about whoever he wanted to, so I don't place the burden of the oddness of the D1 lynch on PJ by any means. I also don't think he's being "dumb", I just think he's acting a little differently than I'd expect PJ to act.
PJ wrote:I don't even understand your attack on Glork in that post. What was he supposed to do?
I'd expect Glork to offer you specific advice on which one of the three of your LOE to execute, like pablito did. Instead, he brought popcorn, was clearly there and very interested, and didn't give you the "HAMMER, HAMMER!" schtick that he so often does.

I thought the wording of your king advocations was odd, and I remarked upon it. You "personally preferred" Thok but you "advocated" Glork.
Glork wrote:MBL claimed that the only reason a player would suddenly become interested in a game, after doing nothing beforehand, would be if his scumbuddies "kicked him in the nuts"
Not "only". I never said that. But it's a major reason why a player could suddenly start posting at the start of D2.
Glork wrote:Fuldu's observation/conclusion was erroneous. The fact that you're even attempting to use it as evidence here is just another red flag in my book. You've just jumped to the top of my list, buddy. Congratulations.
Fuldu was town. His observation was valid and even made sense. Just because it didn't hold there doesn't mean it can't be a general scumtell that scum is more likely to know their rolename and use it. It's a valid point to raise, and you've come up with a reasonable defense.
Nightson wrote:I think MBL is town and wrong
In that long post, everything's wrong? I think a lot of it is compelling, particularly the part where pablito says he's going to evaluate three people as if their execution would be a pro-town execution and then doesn't do so for bird. That looks like a slip.
Glork wrote:(MBL's) points that I feel are weak and/or flawed (the two biggest in my mind are his attempts to connect me to Mert and his most recent insinuation that Fuldu's "scum are likely to use flavor" theory held/holds true
I like to post when I spot something, even if it's not going to 100% prove anything. A lot of little things add up sometimes, and the truth or fallacy of each individual point gets proven over time. I think it's a more pro-town way to play than biting my tongue when I see something because I'm afraid if it doesn't prove 100% convincing it'll earn me votes.
Glork wrote:I start to get the distinct feeling that MBL is searching for excuses to attack me.
And bird. And PJ. And pablito. And LuckayLuck. And cbox. And the lurkers who haven't given us anything to analyze. It's not "searching for excuses to attack, it's making valid observations that can be discussed. Stifling discussion? Interesting approach for a king to take in a Mountainous game.
Glork wrote:I don't see his(MBL's) attacks on myself having any merit (and as I shoot them down, he keeps dropping the subject and finding some *other* excuse to go after me
If we got into a back-and-forth on the minutiae of every point we raise, we'd bog down and dominate the thread. I come back to the stronger points that need clarification, and I let the lesser ones die. I think it's healthy.
sv wrote:I feel that MBL's case on Glork not airing his views directly before the execution doesn't make sense since there were many other people who didn't do so.
Glork was there watching the thread and posting. Three or four other people were as well. Thok gave advice on who to lynch, and Thok turned up protown. pablito did. MoS didn't. I see giving PJ advice in that situation as the townish thing to do.
Luckay wrote:Mastermind of Sin: He is NEVER the right execution. Keep him around.
Hmm. This is wrong on so many levels.

I need to reread his posts more closely, but I find Pooky's play pro-town thus far. It's odd that he tops Glork's list with me.

It's time to drag the lurkers out from under their rocks. This is, after all, a Mountainous game.

Finally, to anyone who thinks I'm trying to irrevocably link Glork, PJ and pablito, you're wrong. I can't make sense of it yet because there are some things about it which don't fit the story. I'm uncertain about their alignments and I'm posting my observations and thoughts. I think it's entirely possible that any one, or even all three, could be town. But there's definitely been weirdness and discussing things that don't make sense is how we find scum.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:07 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Doing my reread, I've amassed 6 pages of Word document so far (though 4 pages of that are quotes), and I'm at page 8 in thread.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:10 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

While I think Thok is never a bad pick for scum to execute N1, I'll note that the longer Glork, PJ and Pooky are left around the closer they should be watched. Glork in particular is a prime N1 scum target. Particularly in a game where it'd make sense to off someone who'd make an excellent pro-town king.

Scum could be playing WIFOM games. They could lynch ubertimmy tomorrow to make us wonder why the good scumhunters aren't being lynched. But if I die tonight or soon, keep in mind that the longer the "good" players, the ones who'd make good kings, remain alive, the more closely they should be watched.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:53 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Okay, MBL, a few comments for you. These questions
will
involve WIFOM, but sometimes that is simply the only way I can gauge what people are thinking.

1.) You apparently think I am clever (which I suppose is true enough: I tend to plan a day or two in advance as scum, but that is neither here nor there). However, you also hold that, as scum-King, I would not be clever enough to just make a pool of, say, 5-6 people to execute so that I could never be backed into a corner into executing a partner. Please explain
exactly
how "clever" you think I am, and whether or not I would be stupid enough into limiting my own options in such a way that it would become glaringly obvious if I had to make a change in direction. I am actually quite interested in seeing you answer this in detail.

2.) You said Glork gave a "good defense" just earlier concerning the "scum are more likely to use the term assassins". Here is your quote:
MBL wrote:Fuldu was town. His observation was valid and even made sense. Just because it didn't hold there doesn't mean it can't be a general scumtell that scum is more likely to know their rolename and use it. It's a valid point to raise, and you've come up with a reasonable defense.
But Glork didn't really give a "defense": he just pointed out that Fuldu was
completely wrong
. And if Glork hadn't pointed that out, I most certainly would have. I actually told my scum partners in KM1 to keep Fuldu alive for the sole purpose of attacking n_lich under that string of reasoning as long as possible. The fact that you dropped this issue as soon you had counter-evidence pushed against you makes me wonder if you just hoping nobody would
mention
the fact that Fuldu was wrong in the first place.

3.) You said Glork not going "hammah hammah!" is unusual for him. I disagree.
If Glork is not CONVINCED that somebody is scum, WHY would he insist on 'hammering' anybody!?
Furthermore, Glork was town in Kingmaker 1, and he most certainly did NOT display that kind of behavior. Explain why you think it is necessary for Glork to go berserk at the end of every day in order for him to be town.

4.) You admit this is a Mountainous game, and that Mountainous games call for different styles of play. But you then turn around and say I am using a different style of play, and that I am more likely to be scum because of it. I only attack people full-steam if I
really
think there is a good chance of them being scum; I have not had that feeling in this game yet.

I have played in one other Mountainous Game, and I
lost
that game. This tells me that I need to do something different if I want to win. As such, there are some debates I would rather watch play out instead of stepping into each and every one. Instead, I tried to sit back and watch a few develop, and then after they appeared to finish, I would give my comments on those events. I tried to do this consistently throughout Day One, so that my opinion was expressed on all the main issues.

5.) I am interested: your last post seemed to try to lay some groundwork of you "suspecting" MoS, without actually coming out and saying so.
MBL wrote:Glork was there watching the thread and posting. Three or four other people were as well. Thok gave advice on who to lynch, and Thok turned up protown. pablito did.
MoS didn't. I see giving PJ advice in that situation as the townish thing to do.
You have two premises here:
1.) Pro-town people would give advice to PJ
2.) MoS did not give advice when he could have

And you fail to actually state your conclusion, that "MoS was not being pro-town". Why are you suddenly only half-hinting at things, instead of saying them outright?
MBL wrote:
LuckayLuck wrote:Mastermind of Sin: He is NEVER the right execution. Keep him around.
Hmm. This is wrong on so many levels.
Another small jab at MoS without actually saying anything. Why this inclusion? Since when have you become suspicious of MoS, and why?

PPE:

And now you are trying to point the finger at "good" players, here:
MBL wrote:While I think Thok is never a bad pick for scum to execute N1, I'll note that the longer Glork, PJ and Pooky are left around the closer they should be watched. Glork in particular is a prime N1 scum target. Particularly in a game where it'd make sense to off someone who'd make an excellent pro-town king.
Do you consider MoS a "good" player? What about Yosarian2? CrashtextDummie?
Yourself
? Should any of
them
be watched, or only the people you finger?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:22 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I'll fully answer your post later, but your attempt to play me against MoS is noted when I wasn't criticizing him at all. I pointed out he did the same thing as Glork did end of D1. I did that to be fair, not to say that I specifically found MoS scummy. I honestly haven't reread MoS lately to know. I am currently pressing Glork because a series of things don't seem quite right about his play.

Why didn't you accuse me of defending MoS when I approved of his decision not to vote? I smell a selective rat. And my comment about Luckay's quote regarding MoS is simply to point out that it was a bizarre statement, considering that MoS is scum at least 30% of the time. Clearly, SOMETIMES MoS is the right lynch, so it's mindboggling that Luckay would say he's NEVER the right lynch. (Emphasis his.)

Meh, maybe I'll answer a few more, since your post kind of irritated me. As I posted Fuldu's theory, I actually didn't go back to see how it played out, I just remembered that I found it a reasonable theory when I joined that game and read his posts. And I was n_lich, so I found Fuldu's point reasonable even though it wasn't accurate in my case. n_lich was confirmed town pretty early in that game, and I'll have to reread to see if your recollection is accurate that you encouraged your scumpartners to push that line of reasoning.

Rest assured, I find it entirely logical that scum would be MORE likely to know they are assassins than town. The reason it came to mind is because while rereading Glork's posts I saw the word 'assassins' come up, and the fact that scum were assassins had COMPLETELY left my mind at that point. Which reminded me of Fuldu's comment, so I reinvoked it.
Glork wrote:If Glork is not CONVINCED that somebody is scum, WHY would he insist on 'hammering' anybody!?
lol. He does it all the time. More specifically, I meant that he's very opinionated, and when he DOESN'T try to help drive things it's odd. Not that he was supposed to act berzerk. I just saw that he was present and not helping PJ make a final decision. It could be nothing, it could be scum not wanting to be seen helping their scumpartner, it could be scum happy with the direction the lynch is headed and deciding to lay low and eat popcorn while a pro-town king languishes. I dunno yet, obviously.

You did an OK job as king D1 but it wasn't the day a lot of us expected. You didn't browbeat scum and lurkers and drag things out into the open. I know you were very busy in real life, but I have to be honest, D1 was not vintage PJ. If you're trying a different strategy, that's fine, noted. But you knew it was significantly your job to get info to make your decision and you didn't get that info. And town got lynched.

And yes, I consider many players good players, MoS, CTD, Yos amongst them. Scum can't kill all the good ones N1, so obviously your presence amongst the living right now is not a scumtell. But YOU got kinged, Glork got kinged, and Pooky is an award-winner. I chose to name you three because you're high profile and die often and early as far as I know. I'd think scum would have feared a Glorking D2 and significantly considered offing him.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”