Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:07 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

Yeah, after I realized who the scumteam was, I realized "Dammit, they're going to lynch Sucrose tomorrow aren't they."

Personally, I thought 3 scum+SK was scumsided though, considering it took, what, two mislynches and an SK lynch to get to LYLO? That's a little hard to pull off a town win IMO.
Are you ready for this?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:34 am

Post by Regfan »

I think mafia having encrypter there is unbalanced (It's super strong - I think Llamafluff for instance considers it as strong as a whole new mafia member).

Had there be no votes down and a blitz wasn't possible I'd have probably strong-armed a Sora lynch through before Sucrose and I was starting to get slightly townish vibes of her "Lynch me instead of Sora" type posts despite how bad they were so I might have followed it up with a Guile lynch who I was getting a growing and quite strongish scum-read on. Really the only issue was would I have got Goodmorning (Who I'd planned to re-read today) before I pulled of Sucrose and there I'm not sure, probably not to be honest but hard to judge. So while unlikely I think if no votes were down we might have somehow pulled this back for a win.

But anyway, congrats to the scum-team.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:19 am

Post by Tierce »

goodmorning played an excellent game.

I felt incredibly sorry for Regfan as I was reading the game. I thought Sucrose and SoraAdvent were scum, and both Reg and CES were obvTown, but damn, this game was painful to watch.

No idea what Lurker was thinking by claiming SK. That was playing against his wincon. He was not in danger of getting lynched before it, so it's not like he needed the claim to help him survive--in fact, it made him lose the game.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:57 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 727, Tierce wrote:goodmorning played an excellent game.

;O;
BRB CRYING SO MANY HAPPY TEARS

That was incredibly fun and the Mafia QT is thoroughly interesting. I have no problem with having it up, but I'll give Sora and Guille the chance to object first.
I have to warn you ahead of time, I was laughing a bit at everything Reg said during the last couple days in there.

Reg was to be the target who'd turn up dead tomorrow if Sora had been the lynch today. At that point there was a fairly nebulous case against CES in my head just in case but a lynch on Sucrose probably would've happened anyway.

I definitely agree than this setup was pretty scumsided, maybe just the encryptor and one of the others would be more balanced.
Then again, the mechanic definitely ought to have worked pretty hard for Town, it just didn't this game because of the N1 timeshift and other factors, like the scumteam play being quite alright.
Really what won it for us was the stupidlynch D1, the timeshifted N1 (with Towns killed), and mostly the crazy amounts of Town v Town. It was killing me every time I said I didn't think Sucrose v Reg could be Town v Town because I (obviously) knew it was. I just wanted to keysmash in a fit of levity, mostly.

But yeah, taking a hint from this game: try really hard not to go into D2 down three Town unless you are Scum.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:38 am

Post by guille2015 »

Thanks. Actually regfan, your in depth analysis of my meta was surprisingly spot on.

I thought of the balance too, but considering that town had a tracker and role cop, plus a time affecting SK, this game isn't really scum sided. The only power that we had useful was the day speak since the jail keeper died early. We had a really good first 2 days that sealed an advantageous end game.

However, had Sora been lynched, and flipped Goon, Sucrose would have survived, then again if that were the case I had a contingency plan for Goodmorning to convince sucrose of voting for CES.

It was a fun game and the time shift work to think of the kills and lynches differently.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:42 am

Post by guille2015 »

I don't mind sharing the QT.

Oh, and KBW should have claimed Tralee day 2, and lurker would have won the game had he not given up.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:43 am

Post by guille2015 »

*tracker.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

oh wow
now the guille or goodmorning shit seems stupid in hindsight...
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:16 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Role Player

Mafia:
1 Goon: SoraAdvent
1 Encryptor: Goodmorning
1 1-shot Strongman: Guille2015

Town:
1 Role Cop: Human Destroyer
1 Jailkeeper: Xalxe
1 Tracker: Keybladewielder
6 VTs: Leviathan93
PeregrineV
Regfan
Lastsurvivor
Sucrose
Cogito Ergo Sum

3rd Party:
1 Timeshifting Serial Killer: Lurker
(Abilities: regular NK; 1-shot Timeshifted kill; 1-shot Global Timeshift; 1-shot BP)

Role PMs: To get a role's Role PM, take the stuff for "All", their faction, and their role.

All: Welcome to Timeshift Mafia! Remember that all night actions submitted will not go into effect until the next night due to the timeshift.

Town: You are a member of the town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Mafia: You are a member of the mafia. Your partners are (___________, a Goon, __________, an Encryptor, and __________, a 1-Shot Strongman). While the Encryptor is alive, you may talk in http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/6rdi6T7XCnuG at any time; if he is dead, you many only talk at night. You win when all of the town is eliminated, or nothing can prevent this.
Serial Killer: You are a Serial Killer. You have a regular Nightkill, one kill not effected by the timeshift, and one time where all actions take place on the day they are submitted. In addition, the first attempt on your life will be negated. You win when you are the last man standing, or nothing can prevent this.

Goon: You have no other abilities, but you are allowed to perform the Nightkill.
Encryptor: You are also an Encryptor. While you are alive, your Mafia team may talk during the Day. When you die, your Mafia team will only be able to talk at Night.
Strongman: You also have a 1-Shot Strongman kill. When you say to, but only once, your kill will be unable to be protected by any other role.
Role Cop: You are also a Role Cop. Each night, you can choose a player to learn their role. You will not learn their faction, and will receive Vanilla for any player without a night ability.
Tracker: You are also a Tracker. Each night, you can target a player to see who he targeted that night.
Jailkeeper: You are also a Jailkeeper. Each Night, you may imprison a player. When doing so, that player will be protected from all kills and will be unable to perform any actions.
Vanilla: You have no other abilities, but you do have your vote. Use it wisely!

All: Game thread is at http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25018. Confirm via PM.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Accepting votes by PM for game MVP through the end of the week.

Also, any players interested in why ArcAngel9 was force replaced, please PM me. I will only tell players of the game, however.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by quadz08 »

I'd love to hear people's opinions on the mechanic and how it worked. I didn't pay that much attention to the game itself, so if this has been discussed, my apologies. :)

Thanks to D3f3n3r for modding it; it was awesome to see something I came up on a spur of the moment thing become a real game.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by Human Destroyer »

Um, the mechanic.

Well, I thought it was a little annoying to not get my results until the next night, because by the time I actually get results on someone they die somehow. >.>

I didn't like the SK's ability to break the timeshift on N1, I was kinda hoping there would be no NK.
Are you ready for this?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:49 pm

Post by goodmorning »

I quite liked the Timeshift and I think the breaking ability was cool, if completely rubbish for the Town in this situation. I think the setup would be well-balanced normally, but with this particular batch of players it kind of went wonky.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:42 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

The SK chose to break the Timeshift on Day 1. It was not required.

I also realized that the Mafia win-con was a little messed up (apparently the SK didn't matter to them), and this would have allowed Day 2 to be a LyLo if the SK did his global timeshift on Day 2.
Sucrose
Sucrose
Goon
Sucrose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:06 pm

Post by Sucrose »

Yeah....that went pretty badly for town. I think we suffered a lot of bad luck both from lack of a cross-kill and the no-claim PR. That last one probably hurt us quite a bit. Obviously, I tunneled, way, way too hard, but we also got backed into a corner pretty hard from D3 on.

Great job, Goodmorning, you moved your slot from one of my most suspected players to one of the least-suspected.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:37 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Also, I received a No Action from Keybladewielder N1, and one from Lurker N2.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:34 am

Post by guille2015 »

In post 739, Sucrose wrote:Great job, Goodmorning, you moved your slot from one of my most suspected players to one of the least-suspected.

Yes, I agree to this. Sora and I were even busing Arc by the time she replaced. Had she died, it would have removed our daytalk.

quadz08 wrote:I'd love to hear people's opinions on the mechanic and how it worked. I didn't pay that much attention to the game itself, so if this has been discussed, my apologies.
I think the mechanic worked really well. Since the night actions were delayed, the strategies for making kills from a mafia standpoint are quite diferent than normal. It forced us to think "Who do we want to kill later on. Also, it ended up encouraging us not to lynch whoever we killed, although by the time it was Lylo it didn't matter. I don't think the game was scum sided, but rather we were lucky early in the game and made the right kills and lynches.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I believe MVP goes to Goodmorning. Nice job.

Hope y'all enjoyed.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Post by Equinox »