Mini 1272: Mafia Along the Boardwalk (Game Over)

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 2.07
Quilford (5) - Fate, implosion, Katsuki, Mist Beauty, Amrun

implosion (2) - Quilford, Scumhunter
Fate (1) - PeregrineV
Mist Beauty (1) - redtail896
redtail896 (1) - Hoopla

Not Voting (1) - Samuel L Jackson

With 11 alive, it's 6 to lynch.

The deadline is Saturday, December 10, 2011, at 5:00 PM EST (UTC-5).[/area]
Mod Notes

Mist Beauty is V/LA until December 1.
Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

Amrun, not when you're throwing questions all over the place. I responded to the most recent one.

As for your answer, I think I answered it already. Not directly, but before you asked it . Not sure.

If your question is regarding Hoopla's request for a quicklynch on Fate, then it's because quilford is pretty scummy. Hoopla cannot do it because she is scum and has done pretty scummy things (in my eyes, I'm 100% town mind you), and also, I admitted that this fake L-1 had some utility near the end of D1. I don't get why this is such a groundbreaking question.

Why do you only get agitated when I miss your questions, but others blatantly say "screw you, I won't answer that"?

pedit: well I'm going into the humanities, and I got through calculus with A minuses. Give me a break. I'm trying to forget that stuff asap.

pedit again: I'm getting vibes that amrun KNOWS quilford is scum, and is just trying to glue on her old "scumreads" to get SOMETHING out of a quilford scumlynch.

meh, i don't want to tear apart the rest of amrun's latest post because she's just distracting us from
Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

Quilford the pretty scummy player who is at L-1
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by Fate »

In post 704, PeregrineV wrote:
Fate fake claims cop guilty. He must be town.

:?

No.

Vote: Fate

Do you have a "real" game -related reason to think Quilford's scum?
If so, what is it? If not, then why do you think he's scum?
If he's scum, is he being bussed right now?
Is Katsuki town or scum? Why?
Is Implosion town or scum? Why?

Real answers to real questions moves my vote off of you.

You're fucking stupid.

I've explained all my reads AS I WAS RUNNING HIS SCUMASS UP

thats why the wagon GOT THAT FAR without my claim

ffs
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by Fate »

Thank you Amrun, you get your townie card back.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by Amrun »

Mist Beauty, that answer does not hack it because asking for a quickhammer is the REASON you called Hoopla scum. You can't say she is incidentally scum and also did this thing. The facts just don't back you up.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Just wanted to comment on how obvious it was that Fate's cop claim was false. Do you really believe there'd be another confirming role in a town with masons and ontop of that, of all players, it just magically happens to land on Fate who gets a guilty N1. Did you really think that was a likelier scenario that Fate gambiting and using the claim to push through a lynch?

I hope those that believed Fate's claim answer that.

~~

While we're on the topic of setup speculation, a town or scum roleblocker syncs quite nicely in a setup with masons. If it's town-aligned, having a role that primarily obstructs scum instead of town is a cool mechanic, and fairly elegant design by Equi.

What we need to realise is that if Quilford is town, scum can't really afford to keep him alive until endgame, as they risk having their kills being stopped - it's even more dangerous if we manage to lynch a scum or two in the next couple of days. We'd effectively be saving a lynch in this scenario UNLESS scum want to take a gamble and leave Quilford alive where we'd be mislynching him deeper in the game, but there's not a significant difference between mislynching him now or then - by not mislynching him now, we might lynch scum today and might not get to lylo, or might get to a point where massclaim happens and we can judge how well his claim fits.

There are plenty of benefits if we take a chance he is town - absorbing the NK and saving a lynch (or even him stopping a scumkill) are good benefits. However, they need to be weighed against the risks of him being scum. It's not 100% guaranteed he is a Roleblocker if he is scum, as this could be a wifomy fakeclaim. Lets assume he is though (the worst case scenario for leaving him alive) - we now enable scum to block our roles until however long we decide to keep alive for (my suggestion would be until massclaim). The thing is though, the main source of power for this town will have primarily come from the group of masons, which leads me to believe this isn't as big of a risk as we're making it out to be. I'm not expecting too much help (information wise) from the remainder of our PR's, which somewhat dulls the risk of leaving Quilford alive and he is actually scum.

I'm not sure how confident you all are that Quilford is scum. And I can tell you right now, I'm not taking Fate and (probably Mist's) assertion that Quilford is confirmed scum seriously, given they each have a track record of being wrong in cases of certainty (Mist being wrong on me this game is her latest example). Anyhow, for me, it feels like a coinflip, or perhaps a little less. I wouldn't be surprised if Quilford flips town, to be honest. His acceptance of his death and the way his wagon bloomed without competition aren't convincing scumtells.

I feel like we'd have a good framework of information to tell with more accuracy if Quilford is scum or not in the next two days whenever massclaim goes down (massclaim should happen one day before lylo, so we have a mislynch up our sleeve in case we're wrong on the new information). Put simply, I think we stand to gain more if Quilford is town by not lynching him, than we do by not lynching Quilford-scum today. There isn't much risk if we lynch Quilford scum in two days as opposed to now. There are major advantages if we keep him alive and he turns out to be town though.

If you follow that line of logic, then it's the optimal play to make if you're less than 50% sure Quilford is scum. I challenge those voting Quilford to genuinely assess how sure they are Quilford is scum, because I don't see how there can be so much certainty.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by implosion »

Hoopla wrote:I'm not expecting too much help (information wise) from the remainder of our PR's, which somewhat dulls the risk of leaving Quilford alive and he is actually scum.

If he's a scum roleblocker and the only PR we've seen wouldn't be affected by a scum roleblocker, wouldn't we be able to infer that the remaining power roles would be deterred by a roleblocker?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 732, implosion wrote:
Hoopla wrote:I'm not expecting too much help (information wise) from the remainder of our PR's, which somewhat dulls the risk of leaving Quilford alive and he is actually scum.

If he's a scum roleblocker and the only PR we've seen wouldn't be affected by a scum roleblocker, wouldn't we be able to infer that the remaining power roles would be deterred by a roleblocker?

We would, but the primary powerroles this game will be balanced on for town is the two/three masons. At best, there are two other PR's out there for town, and I don't think they'll be info roles (or if they are, they won't be stronger than a Tracker). It makes more sense to have a Town Roleblocker than a scum one, if you think about the type of roles you can include with masons. Cops, Gunsmiths and Watchers, no. Jailkeeper is out as I doubt there'd be two blocking roles in the same game. Equinox is like me - that's far too inelegant. Tracker maybe, Vig maybe, Doctor maybe. Hider probably not, as it's more confirmed innocents.

Just by process of elimination, Roleblocker for town is a good chance for us to have.

I didn't really answer your question properly, but I still believe the risk is minimal, as I doubt Equi is going to give us loads of confirming power, and offset that with a scum roleblocker. Equinox likes simple games and mostly vanilla games. She plays in White Flag a lot, and Nomination mafia and setups that aren't power-heavy. Giving scum a roleblocker just increases the amount of power you need to give town, which makes it less like her. The power that we risk being blocked (if Quilford is scum) will be Doctors, maybe Vigs and maybe Trackers. The only real downside is losing a vig-shot, as the others are unlikely to do anything major for us anyway.

I don't know. I don't really see it as a big risk, and I'm starting to become more convinced a Roleblocker makes sense as a town role.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 651, Katsuki wrote:
In post 646, Fate wrote:Nah he wouldn't try and discredit my claim like you said.

Unless Hoopla is scum and coached him but its a stretch

Hoopla HAS to be scum. I've never been wrong about all my scumreads before in any of my games played.

Not to mention her play resembles Team Mafia: PYP and PYP5 anyways.

Katsuki, what's the difference between my play here and my town play in Mini 1111? Is my play in that game different from how I played in those PYP games?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by Amrun »

Hoopla, what's your read on Mist Beauty?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 735, Amrun wrote:Hoopla, what's your read on Mist Beauty?

Slight town read. She isn't being particularly helpful though.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by Hoopla »

What do you think about my plan to keep Quilford alive until massclaim?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 731, Hoopla wrote:(Mist being wrong on me this game is her latest example)

This language suggests a much higher level of confidence than "slight."

And I'm considering it, but my sudden plaguing doubt about you is making me not like it as much.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 738, Amrun wrote:
In post 731, Hoopla wrote:(Mist being wrong on me this game is her latest example)

This language suggests a much higher level of confidence than "slight."

And I'm considering it, but my sudden plaguing doubt about you is making me not like it as much.

That quote doesn't have much to do with how I read Mist's alignment. That just says I'm not confident in her abilities to reasonably assess how sure she is someone is scum. I don't trust her or Fate on their word when they're confident someone is scum.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Amrun »

But how do you know she is "wrong" unless you know she is town?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 740, Amrun wrote:But how do you know she is "wrong" unless you know she is town?

Her and/or Fate being scum obviously filters into the level of trust. Their statement of confidence alone isn't trustworthy even if they were confirmed town.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:29 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 734, Hoopla wrote:
In post 651, Katsuki wrote:
In post 646, Fate wrote:Nah he wouldn't try and discredit my claim like you said.

Unless Hoopla is scum and coached him but its a stretch

Hoopla HAS to be scum. I've never been wrong about all my scumreads before in any of my games played.

Not to mention her play resembles Team Mafia: PYP and PYP5 anyways.

Katsuki, what's the difference between my play here and my town play in Mini 1111? Is my play in that game different from how I played in those PYP games?

I'd have to go read that game again, but from what Iremember, your play that game more closely resembled PYP4 and invitational11 PYP.

Then again, I scum in 1111 so I don't get why you're asking that game in particular.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 737, Hoopla wrote:What do you think about my plan to keep Quilford alive until massclaim?

Why in the fuck would you even suggest this?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:32 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 743, Katsuki wrote:
In post 737, Hoopla wrote:What do you think about my plan to keep Quilford alive until massclaim?

Why in the fuck would you even suggest this?

I have two posts on why it is a good move. I'm not going to retype it. Feel free to ask questions about it though.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Skimmed. Do not like what I saw.

==========[ ]
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 523, Fate wrote:LLD's lack of motivation to contribute brought it on herself really. It was regrettable, but its easy to find the scum who killed her.

Vote: Quilford

Lol

It was you.

Well, not you per se. You killed Juls not LLD

What I mean to say is

uh

YOURE SCUM LOLGG

In post 524, Fate wrote:So LLD was a stupid fucking lynch

Your vote sat on fuckign REDTAIL all day

And the COUNTER wagon was KATSUKI

Who

Let me remind you

YOU ARE VOTING NOW.

So

You were content as fucking pie to see LLD die yesterday. And NOW you want the other mislynch that was up for the taking.

SO NOW

YOURE THE ONE

THATS GOING

TO FUCKING DIE.

In post 540, Fate wrote:The best part is you've stopped pretending you think I'm scum.

I can feel your fear.

With each post you are coming more and more to terms with your lynch.

These are good things.

In post 544, Fate wrote:
In post 541, Quilford wrote:Or I think your rage is genuine.

The reason I considered you scum previously was because of the melodramatic, apathetic tone in your earlier posts.

BUZZ

It was because of the "Lol you called Katsuki scum yesterday but town today trololol"

Die faster.

In post 548, Fate wrote:I wouldn't say "coz"

You're fucking scum, you aren't CHANGING YOUR MIND you are adapting your reads to what will help you survive longer, and your scumread on me sure had a NICE HALF LIFE for you.

When did I change my mind? When I have said "nah THISHERPDERP lynch is better"

By the way?

Implosion is town as fuck, pick another mislynch you fuck.

In post 557, Fate wrote:You thought you could

because you like many scum thought

"lol fate contradicted himself so hard I can get even HIM lynched for this shit"

But then you took a step back, looked at it, and said "lol nm"

In post 558, Fate wrote:
In post 556, implosion wrote:i'm confused.

Quilford got caught, proceeded to qq about being caught, we're lynching him

In post 575, Fate wrote:
In post 570, Quilford wrote:
In post 567, Hoopla wrote:Quilford, can you explain this to me?

I became more confident ^___^

Anyway, implosion is scum so you should vote him. Look at that 'i'm confused'. Sure you are.

God this cheeky ass retroactive bullshit is as good as a scum claim

QUILFORD IS CONFIRMED FUCKING SCUM

In post 626, Fate wrote:
In post 622, redtail896 wrote:
In post 620, Fate wrote:HEY REDFUCKTAIL

I JUST CLAIMED A GUILTY ON QUILFORD

TAHTS WHY THE FUCK HE IS AT L-1

You expect me to believe that you're a one-shot cop? Given your pattern of rhetoric, excuse me for thinking that was a joke.

Preview edit: Amrun asked actual questions that displayed problems with Quilford's behavior (well, wanted answers to Hoopla's actual questions). You hopped onto nothing.

Also: I like your habit of saying that everybody who disagrees with you is scum.

I've been voting and calling for Quilford's lynch all day

???

Yes I have a guilty on him.

The fuck? Did your scumbuddies warn I might fake guilties or gambit in the QT?

Well

lolyou

this one's you

In post 687, Fate wrote:NEED I REMIND YOU

THAT HE FUCKING TRIED TO JUSTIFY HIS IMPLOSION SUSPICION WITH "I THINK I BLOCKED HIS NIGHTKILL, JULS DOESNT MAKE SENSE FOR A MAFIA SHOT"

THE FUCK SHE DOESNT?

WHAT MAKES THAT SHOT A VIG? A SK?

THE FUCK?

AND NEED I REMIND YOU THAT HE WASNT EVEN VOTING IMPLOSION, WHO HE THOUGHT HE BLOCKED THE SCUMKILL OF, AT THE START OF THE DAY. HE WAS VOTING KATSUKI THEN ME.

WAKE

THE

FUCK

UP

Oh, so this was Fate's case that can't be summed up using English sentences?

And now it appears to be everyone else's job to translate his dingleberries into a case after wiping away the shit?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:35 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Please answer #742 btw, Hoopla.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:35 pm

Post by Katsuki »

PEREGRINE SHUT THE FUCK UP

FATE IS TOWN
AND YOU'RE BEING INCREDIBLY DISTRACTING.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 747, Katsuki wrote:Please answer #742 btw, Hoopla.

You didn't ask me a question.

If you wanted me to answer it, you should have said so. But even then, I can't really answer a set of statements that have no grounds in reason or evidence backing them up. How is my game like PYP 4 or inv-PYP?

The reason I'm asking is because you have seen my town game before, and I'm wondering what you think the differences between that and my scum game is. Because as far as I can tell, you mostly have experience with my scum game which is probably influencing your decision here, because you're looking for similarities between my scum game and here instead of between my town game and here.

My scum and town game have a lot of overlap, which is why you're probably reading me this way.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”