Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7075 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I just finished reading the scum PT and now I feel so sad because they put so much effort in and still lost :(
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7076 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:10 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

Plotinus/TPP--I see from the dead thread that you said I know tictac offsite. What name do I know tictac by?
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7077 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by itlepip »

I got waaay to much shit this game. I agree that Cerb was the MVP by far, but I was one town off of auto when I replaced in. I get that you guys were focused on scumhunting but when I nail town like that don't facepalm when I push on the wrong scummy person. You are ignoring one town wincon because I'm not playing to the other wincon.
Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.

"Show him the fucking bread"
-Ether June 12, 2016, at 11:14 pm EST
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7078 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:15 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Thanks for modding, Rob!
In post 7076, pistachi0n wrote:Plotinus/TPP--I see from the dead thread that you said I know tictac offsite. What name do I know tictac by?
It should be clear from the neighoburhood; tictac was the tracker when you and I were scum together. We'd planned for tictac to come out to you after a little while but tictac wound up flaking instead.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7079 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

That was modrony, right?
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7080 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by Plotinus »

yeah. They figured if they were town they'd wait a little bit before letting you know to compare how you treated them as a stranger vs how you treated them as someone you knew but then you were an innocent child so there was no point in pretending to scumhunt you anymore.

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #7081 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Reading the scum thread.

Plot, I love you, but I am never lynchable. :P It breaks my heart every time I see one of your charts and I'm categorized incorrectly. :P

Also, holy shit you guys were sorta carrying your team pretty hardcore. Not to say anything negative about any of your teammates, but your advice was on point and you were always around to provide it. :)
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #7082 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:33 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

that's pretty much how plotinus was in history, too.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #7083 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:35 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

You are now second on my list of people I want to roll scum with.

First is Drixx, but that'll never happen cause we'll probably be hydraing. So that makes you the de facto first person on the list Plot! :D
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7084 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:37 pm

Post by dramonic »

Better not be in a game with me.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7085 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:38 pm

Post by Plotinus »

This game broke me.

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #7086 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:38 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I'm not sure how to interpret that comment dram. :-/

pedit: :( I'm sorry Plot. :-/
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #7087 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Subject: A Musical Mafia! - Mafia PT
Plotinus wrote:davesaz targetted true ogre last night and saw itlepip and us visit him. he needs to be nightkilled before he can claim this information. davesaz targetted tammy on night 1.

itlepip is a bodyguard.
How did you know this Plot?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7088 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:41 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 7086, Cerberus v666 wrote:I'm not sure how to interpret that comment dram. :-/

pedit: :( I'm sorry Plot. :-/
I will catch you <3
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #7089 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:44 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Plotinus wrote:davesaz needs to die tonight. he's the watcher. he saw us and itlepip visit true ogre on night 2. we need to either roleblock marquis or the vig. you're not the likely vig shot.

the flavour cop is useless, it detects what musical we're in and we've been told that our musicals are safe to claim.

flubber needs to track somebody, maybe podoboq.

EXACTLY! I don't understand why you guys blocked TO on N2. :-/ I read it, but it's like, the idea was there's "some value" in blocking him, when in reality his role was useless so there was "no value". :-/

pedit: pfft, you've *never* seen me as scum. You might catch Drixx though, cause Smite gave you a shitload of material to use to catch him. ^^
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7090 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:48 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 7087, Cerberus v666 wrote:Subject: A Musical Mafia! - Mafia PT
Plotinus wrote:davesaz targetted true ogre last night and saw itlepip and us visit him. he needs to be nightkilled before he can claim this information. davesaz targetted tammy on night 1.

itlepip is a bodyguard.
How did you know this Plot?
On day 2, davesaz was defending Skybird as if he had an innocent on her, and so I figured he was a watcher who had watched Tammy and saw Skybird target her. Skybird targetting Tammy and Tammy not dying would be a sign that Skybird had some non killing role, probably a protective role.

On day 3, davesaz was VERY interested in true ogre's read on itlepip and us. We had jailkept true ogre that night and davesaz assumed that one of us protected true ogre and the other of us tried to kill him. A lot of our day 3 play was affected by knowing that davesaz had what looked like a guilty on us.

I knew itlepip was a bodyguard because he said he would protect dram with his life, and because he was talking like a protective role.

They were two of the PRs I could've outed when people were asking us to share the information I had and I didn't know how to talk about the PRs we did end up outing without talking about davesaz and itlepip and a bunch of other people too. I really did have almost the entire setup figured out.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7091 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:51 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 7089, Cerberus v666 wrote:Subject: A Musical Mafia! - Mafia PT
Plotinus wrote:davesaz needs to die tonight. he's the watcher. he saw us and itlepip visit true ogre on night 2. we need to either roleblock marquis or the vig. you're not the likely vig shot.

the flavour cop is useless, it detects what musical we're in and we've been told that our musicals are safe to claim.

flubber needs to track somebody, maybe podoboq.

EXACTLY! I don't understand why you guys blocked TO on N2. :-/ I read it, but it's like, the idea was there's "some value" in blocking him, when in reality his role was useless so there was "no value". :-/

pedit: pfft, you've *never* seen me as scum. You might catch Drixx though, cause Smite gave you a shitload of material to use to catch him. ^^
on night 1, true ogre hadn't claimed, but i knew he was a PR because I saw him log in on his alt during the night phase. I also THE WRONG LYNCH log in, but I remembered that goodmorning had done that with our hydra even when we were a VT. True Ogre logging in on his alt during night only made sense if he had a night action and we didn't know what the action was, so we jailkept. we had a better idea of who didn't have an important PR than who did on night 1.

On night 2, all we knew was True Ogre was an investigative of some sort who misunderstood "no result." We didn't know he was just a flavour cop and that he only got result based on what musical we were in, so we jailkept him again. We also thought that town might get fed up with him getting "no result" two nights in a row; I've seen that happen before.

By night 3, we knew his role was useless so we moved on to targetting more serious threats.

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #7092 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Plotinus wrote:
@Rob: Please tell podoboq in the dead thread that i'm sorry i got paranoid of him; i was getting cold feet towards the end there thinking he probably wasn't the sk after all but then shotty hammered :( <3

I have no idea what we should do tonight somebody halp.

Cerb
- is lynchable
dramonic
- is lynchable
shotty
- is lynchable
Flubber
- is our scum friend <3
itlepip
- is a bodyguard so we don't have to target him directly if we don't want to
Malakittens
- is townreading us
Marquis
- nacho thinks he might be the SK and if flubber tracks him then we can lynch him but if he's not the sk then it might be hard to explain why flubber tracked marquis
Mirhawk
- is lynchable
pistachi0n
- is coming to LYLO
Cakes
- is lynchable

ugh this game. at night, everyone seems lynchable, during the daytime, i can't figure out who i want to bring to LYLO.

I don't even know, here are some placeholders:

Flubber tracks Marquis
Piper kills Malakittens
Piper jailkeeps Cerberus if we're allowed to do two things at once
Holy shit that night action switch. Wow.

pedit: I'm 99% he claimed to just be a flavor cop on D2? :-/ Might be wrong. Idk, too lazy to go check his ISO.

Amazing how much differently this game would have went if I hadn't hinted at the flavor connection I had going on. It caused you to dismiss the rest of my mentions of vig related things, wholly unintentionally.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7093 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Shout out to Nacho for being so kind to me this whole time.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7094 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 7092, Cerberus v666 wrote:Holy shit that night action switch. Wow.

pedit: I'm 99% he claimed to just be a flavor cop on D2? :-/ Might be wrong. Idk, too lazy to go check his ISO.

Amazing how much differently this game would have went if I hadn't hinted at the flavor connection I had going on. It caused you to dismiss the rest of my mentions of vig related things, wholly unintentionally.
i'm pretty sure he didn't claim the "gets results on what musical you're from" part until day 3; we knew our musicals were safe to claim but we were going to claim different characters from our musicals (we claimed Matilda, not Trunchbull) and we didn't know if that would get us in trouble or not. I think he might not have even claimed that he was just a flavour cop until day 3? i don't remember.

yeah, I had you written off as informed townie; i thought I already knew your role so I was looking elsewhere for vigs. I also thought informed townie might make sense with a doctor and a bodyguard and an informed townie who knew that one of them was town to help if they counterclaimed each other.

I thought mala was the doctor and spent a while waiting for her to counterclaim itlepip. I'm still not sure why cakes didn't counterclaim itlepip.

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #7095 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Subject: A Musical Mafia! - Mod and Dead PT
Errantparabola wrote:Hey Rob. Here are my thoughts.

First of all, I agree with you on Plotinus. They're ridiculously good at covering their bases. But I think in regards to their interactions with us, Nacho really carried. If Plot went solo, I'd have pushed for their lynch way harder. All of the things that I found scummy about their slot I am moderately certain came from Plotinus. Considering how fantastic Plotinus is as scum, my respect for Nacho just went up that much.
I'm glad hiplop and I were right about TPP/Tictac/Axel and I think that town is going to win this game no sweat. Who knows- maybe Dwlee will pull a Cyberpunk. It's totally possible. I hope that our voice doesn't get lost in the voices of the people that are alive.

And rob, one last thing. You said the we were going to flip out when we saw this thread.
And hell yeah i'm flipping out- where the fuck is Rent?
OMG so true. I was so stoked to see Avenue Q that I totally missed that Rent wasn't represented. WTF yo!

pedit: I'm going to assume it's because Cakez assumed we were a serial killer, therefore he didn't see any problem with an additional protective on towns side.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7096 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by Plotinus »

ah. that makes sense.

True Ogre
True Ogre
Goon
True Ogre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7097 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by True Ogre »

Congratulations townsfolk and good game scumbums. Thanks heaps for hosting the game Rob and sorry for replacing out.

Really good play Cerb, super-impressive vig shots. It was also fun interacting with you!
Nice reads dram - I found it really hard to read you and there were just a couple of 'moments of truth' where you laid down a paragraph or so which really made sense so, noice.

And <3 to everyone. I realise I was super-tunneling your slot Piper, but that's because I have a great deal of respect for both of you, would never underestimate either of you, and never found that visceral feedback that I needed to read you guys as town. So I needed to continue to question, and try to sort, rinse repeat.
Spoiler: to Plot
I felt like at some point (and with other stuff going on in my life) that you had been hurt by something and that I was the cause and suddenly I didn't care about your alignment anymore and thought it best just to replace. That's not on you at all, and is hardly even game-related. I felt really bad both for being in the game and for potentially replacing at the time, and decided the game might be less bad(? I guess) without me in it. So in one way I'm glad you guys rolled scum, and in another way I wonder if there's anything I myself can do to retain my own inquisitiveness but come on a little less strong and more frequently remind myself that it's just a game after all - and vote to lynch logically rather than emotionally. <3 <3 <3

Favourite moment of the game:
In post 2742, itlepip wrote:<3 ogre, can you go over what is genuine about tic and why TWL is scummy?

Also Ogre never claim right now, there is no point. We know that you don't have any useful information.
In post 2757, True Ogre wrote:
In post 2755, itlepip wrote:3 seems insanely townsided, I would say at least 4. Also if we have an SK they are trying to be a vig so idc.
I like you and I'm glad you're town.
^At this point I was sure that itle was a town Jailkeeper who had jailed me N1 as a faux-protect.
Later in the day (after replacing) with Dave having obviously been pushing itle for info (after itle requested my claim anyway - I think Day 2) - I ended up "pegging" itle as scum even after Piper's flip, thinking he had knowledge of a Jailkeep which could have only come from the scumthread.

So maybe "favourite" moment's not the right word, but most ironic moment for me perhaps... okay I'm out much love folks!
True Ogre WINS!
True Ogre
True Ogre
Goon
True Ogre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7098 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:33 pm

Post by True Ogre »

In post 7091, Plotinus wrote:On night 2, all we knew was True Ogre was an investigative of some sort who misunderstood "no result."
For the record, I didn't misunderstand it. I thought it extremely unlikely that I'd be targetted for a roleblock/JK from scum N1 - actually thought it more likely that pistach might have been Jailkept by scum just to introduce wifom for any non-result-y PRs who might investigate them (like my role). Either than or scum performed some action on them that made them return no result. I do understand what no result means, I just didn't like the implications (and tend to overcomplicate potential combinations of actions in my own mind rather than looking at the simplest explanation as more likely).

And yeah I didn't end up fullclaiming until Day 3 I don't think. Which is why my read on itle was what it was - it seemed like he already knew I had no result on pistach.
(even though I was secretly hoping that the info I'd given made that obvious so um grrhmmmm - at least it was obvious to one person :D )
True Ogre WINS!
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #7099 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:41 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Subject: A Musical Mafia! - Mod and Dead PT
SirCakez wrote:It shouldn't matter in the long run I think
No way Flubber survives to LyLo

Also yes the FS lynch was the worst lynch I've ever seen

Also I knew there was no fucking SK! Dram and Podo were like "you don't understand theory". No, you just don't understand that the Vig didn't want to claim ding dongs. And there was a scum RBer like I predicted too.
And Podo buying into TPP's "vig tells" makes me want to strangle him. He was a necessary sacrifice.
Cerb prob deserves a scummy nom post-game.

No I don't. This was a shit game. Seriously. I feel that play was horrendous, and though my shots were good(ish), it doesn't excuse my low level of engagement.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”