Mini 1599: Greatest Idea Mafia (Game Over)

DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:25 am

Post by DarkLightA »

If a no lynch doesn't happen today, it'll have to happen tomorrow, assuming the game doesn't end.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:25 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 698, reinoe wrote:A no-lynch guarantees that a townie gets killed. Especially if Aronis Roleblocks me.

We have an even number of players, so scum still need the sane number of mislynches to win but there being fewer townies means we have less probability of mislynching. Also the bit about fewer townie voices is not accurate - from a townie flipping when they are killed we can take everything they have already said as from a conftown perspective and gives us info based on how people interacted with them.

As to what we would learn, I'm literally 50/50 torn between aun and darklight now (with rem being an outside chance) and the info from who dies/results of watch and roleblock would help clear this up one way or another. I don't want to toss a coin to decide between the two of them, which is effectively what lynching now would be.

pedit : ok, somebody else got there first
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:35 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 699, DarkLightA wrote:We get info from awesomeusername. Whether he's town or not, that's useful. It also limits the number of mislynches available, while making it easier for town to lynch correctly (3 votes required rather than 4).

As long as you're not blindly following what others are saying (and to be honest, it seems you have done so today) it won't hurt town.

Whom am I blindly following today?
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:38 am

Post by DarkLightA »

awesomeusername
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:40 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 703, DarkLightA wrote:awesomeusername

So when a.u.n. said that we should no lynch and I voted for Aronis, and then yourself, I was blindly following A.U.N.? And when I repeatedly said A.U.N.'s plan is dumb that's blindly following?

Selkie
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:45 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Maybe I worded myself too strongly. I just feel like aun has had a lot of influence over the day, and it's making me worried.

In post 660, reinoe wrote:Why is there such a strong presumption that there's two scum? What is it based on?

What are we doing tomorrow after the no lynch today and serve up a townie on a silver platter? Do we no-lynch again and again and again? This no-lynch is looking dumber as deadline approaches. I'm suspicious of everyone suggesting it.

VOTE: DarklightA

Where exactly did this vote come from? According to yourself, you'd rather lynch aronis, but you switch to me without justification whatsoever.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:01 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 705, DarkLightA wrote:Maybe I worded myself too strongly. I just feel like aun has had a lot of influence over the day, and it's making me worried.

In post 660, reinoe wrote:Why is there such a strong presumption that there's two scum? What is it based on?

What are we doing tomorrow after the no lynch today and serve up a townie on a silver platter? Do we no-lynch again and again and again? This no-lynch is looking dumber as deadline approaches.
I'm suspicious of everyone suggesting it.

VOTE: DarklightA

Where exactly did this vote come from? According to yourself, you'd rather lynch aronis, but you switch to me without justification whatsoever.

Selkie
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:03 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Right. So me suggesting no lynch is the reason you favor lynching me over aronis?
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:04 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 707, DarkLightA wrote:Right. So me suggesting no lynch is the reason you favor lynching me over aronis?

Yep.

Selkie
awesomeusername
awesomeusername
Goon
awesomeusername
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:06 am

Post by awesomeusername »

I'm back.

In post 690, Marky Mark wrote:pedit : how the heck are we less likely to lynch scum tomorrow when we will be in exactly the same position as today but with more info and less people to mislynch. This confirms my fears I had started to write up above. Aun is smart enough to see that a no-lynch is optimal here, and the fact he is slyly trying to push a lynch through regardless is really starting to concern me.
Look at this from my perspective. DarkLight is almost certainly scum. If we lynch today, we'll lynch DarkLight. If we lynch tomorrow, there's a much larger chance that we lynch someone else. Ergo, we're more likely to hit scum today. Does that make sense? I do realize we're more likely to hit scum tomorrow from your perspective.

In post 694, reinoe wrote:
In post 689, awesomeusername wrote:But you're all too paranoid. I messed it all up and we're gonna lose because I couldn't keep it together the one time I actually even needed to keep it together. I'm sorry, guys, really.
you're all to paranoid? I could understand that comment directed at Darklight or Marky Mark who are supporting No-Lynch... but A.U.N. is also strongly in favor of no-lynch unless he's not in favor of lynch but only if we're in favor of no-lynch...
Okay fine, not all of you. I was exaggerating.

In post 697, Reminiscence wrote:
In post 680, awesomeusername wrote:No wait, your plan is better. I target Aronis, Aronis flips a coin to determine whether he blocks me or does something else.

Aronis shouldn't be blocking you.
Ever.
Actually, I think me being blocked is a better outcome than me targeting somebody who nobody else targeted since I actually have something to claim. Also, any thoughts on the conversation at hand? You really ought to contribute.

In post 701, Marky Mark wrote:As to what we would learn, I'm literally 50/50 torn between aun and darklight now (with rem being an outside chance) and the info from who dies/results of watch and roleblock would help clear this up one way or another. I don't want to toss a coin to decide between the two of them, which is effectively what lynching now would be.
The thing is, in this scenario, scum won't let me clear myself. This can be prevented simply by killing Aronis. I don't actually think the information you'll get tonight will be useful. Do you have any objections to this?
awesomesignature
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:58 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 709, awesomeusername wrote:Look at this from my perspective. DarkLight is almost certainly scum. If we lynch today, we'll lynch DarkLight. If we lynch tomorrow, there's a much larger chance that we lynch someone else. Ergo, we're more likely to hit scum today. Does that make sense? I do realize we're more likely to hit scum tomorrow from your perspective.

The problem is that this is what you would say regardless of whether you are scum or town.

In post 709, awesomeusername wrote:The thing is, in this scenario, scum won't let me clear myself. This can be prevented simply by killing Aronis. I don't actually think the information you'll get tonight will be useful. Do you have any objections to this?

Why are you making the assumption that Aronis isn't scum? In the event that he isn't though and is killed you will be watching him so we will be able to determine his killer. You could lie about this I guess but that would at least narrow it down to 2 people maximum.

On top of this if aronis dies and flips town that gives us a ton of info, which means that we can then look at how you and darklight interacted with him when trying to decide who to lynch tomorrow. Actually, now I think about this, it wouldn't hurt to have the time to go through your ISO's in light of the flips we now know either. That would certainly be better than the reinoe method of baying for a lynch at all costs. If you are indeed town, you would have nothing to hide by no-lynching, but your continuing reluctance to do so is starting to make me think otherwise.
awesomeusername
awesomeusername
Goon
awesomeusername
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:06 pm

Oh, I forgot that Aronis could be scum. I'd cleared him of strongman and thus removed him from my immediate lynch pile. In that case, we're certain to get some information tonight.

I will try to be a better team player. I think that was my problem today.
UNVOTE:
awesomesignature
awesomeusername
awesomeusername
Goon
awesomeusername
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:23 am

I still think clearing me is of greater importance than me using my watch, since there's two main suspects and I'm one of them. We can't lose tomorrow if it's just Marky Mark or just Rem.

So @Aronis: Just to make sure we're on the same page, this is the plan I think we should go with and the plan I'll be going with tonight, unless you propose something different before nightfall:
In post 680, awesomeusername wrote:No wait, your plan is better. I target Aronis, Aronis flips a coin to determine whether he blocks me or does something else.
awesomesignature
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:29 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Note 1: You targeting Aronis is irrelevant, you can decide for yourself who you want to target.
Note 2: There's a 50% chance you guess correctly, so it doesn't clear you fully. Also, as far as I can tell it only indicates that you are not strongman, correct?
awesomeusername
awesomeusername
Goon
awesomeusername
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:37 am

That's true, I'm free to target whoever I think will be killed.

And yeah, not completely cleared or even completely cleared of strongman. It's the best we can do, though, I think. And of course, if you think I'm scum, that's a 50% chance of me being flat out caught.
awesomesignature
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:39 am

Post by DarkLightA »

That's why I'm so glad we got a no lynch—it gives us this kind of information.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Zaicon »

Final Vote Count - Day 4

DarkLightA (2):
Aronis, reinoe

No Lynch (2):
Marky Mark, DarkLightA

No Vote (2):
awesomeusername, Reminiscence

No lynch has been achieved.

It is now Night 4. The deadline is Wednesday, September 24, at 7:00PM CST, which is in (expired on 2014-09-24 19:00:00).
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by Zaicon »

awesomeusername,
Town Watcher
, has been killed!

►►Day 5◄◄

Vote Count 5.0

No Vote (5):
Aronis, DarkLightA, Marky Mark, reinoe, Reminiscence

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch!

Deadline is Wednesday, October 8, at 7:00PM CST, which is in (expired on 2014-10-08 19:00:00).
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:54 am

Post by Marky Mark »

So Aun was town then - that sucks :( . Two scum left means we are in lylo, so please no rushed votes or the remaining wolves could quickhammer.

Talking of the wolves, I believe I have found one of them, although I have to admit I have not been completely honest with you all about my role. You may have been wondering why I was so keen for a no lynch yesterday - well here's why:

I am in fact not a strongman, but a
Town Seer.
I had not found any wolves by yesterday, and so was keen to push the no lynch through in order to get another chance at finding scum before we potentially lost the game. My one shot bp claim was to keep the scum off my back until I got a useful result, as if they had worked out what my role was I'd have been top of the NK list for sure. This is also why I went to such lengths to explain why I didn't breadcrumb - what would be the point of breadcrumbing a fakeclaim? As to my cards, they are Town Seer/VT/Werewolf Mason.

You will be pleased to know that extra night to find scum did come in useful after all (and hence why I'm now claiming). Last night I decided to investigate rem after he was trying so hard to avoid hammering while not advocating a no lynch, and suprise suprise he came up
gulity
. As to the last wolf, I expect it is darklight with an outside chance of aronis. As to which of them is the strongman, I don't know but we should prbably try and work it out todya before we lynch one of them.
Reminiscence
Reminiscence
Goon
Reminiscence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:58 am

Post by Reminiscence »

Well that made it easy.

VOTE: Marky Mark
Reminiscence
Reminiscence
Goon
Reminiscence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:09 am

Post by Reminiscence »

In post 718, Marky Mark wrote:Two scum left means we are in lylo, so please no rushed votes or the remaining wolves could quickhammer.

How do you know that there are two scums left? From which information did you arrive at this conclusion?

In post 718, Marky Mark wrote:Last night I decided to investigate rem after he was trying so hard to avoid hammering while not advocating a no lynch, and suprise suprise he came up gulity.

And yet you're not voting me! Surprise surprise.

In post 718, Marky Mark wrote:As to the last wolf, I expect it is darklight with an outside chance of aronis.

You do realize that if there are two scums with me being one of them DLA is automatically the second scum, right? Since you think there are two groupscum left. If you actually had a guilty on me you somehow have a definite knowledge that there are two wolves left, Aronis should be confirmed town fypov.

In post 718, Marky Mark wrote:As to which of them is the strongman, I don't know but we should prbably try and work it out todya before we lynch one of them.

This is not the attitude of cop-who-got-guilty. Cop with a guilty should be pushing for his guilty's lynch first.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:15 am

Post by DarkLightA »

That was a very scummy post. Especially the assumption of two scum.

I'd like to hear back from Marky on what other investigative results he got previous nights. He must have had several.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:39 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 720, Reminiscence wrote:
In post 718, Marky Mark wrote:Two scum left means we are in lylo, so please no rushed votes or the remaining wolves could quickhammer.

How do you know that there are two scums left? From which information did you arrive at this conclusion?
Well I know you're scum because I got a guilty on you, and darklight is almost certainly scum because you didn't hammer him when you had the chance.

In post 718, Marky Mark wrote:Last night I decided to investigate rem after he was trying so hard to avoid hammering while not advocating a no lynch, and suprise suprise he came up gulity.

And yet you're not voting me! Surprise surprise.
Unlike some people, I don't just rush into votes in a lylo situation.

In post 718, Marky Mark wrote:As to the last wolf, I expect it is darklight with an outside chance of aronis.

You do realize that if there are two scums with me being one of them DLA is automatically the second scum, right? Since you think there are two groupscum left. If you actually had a guilty on me you somehow have a definite knowledge that there are two wolves left, Aronis should be confirmed town fypov.
I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

In post 718, Marky Mark wrote:As to which of them is the strongman, I don't know but we should prbably try and work it out todya before we lynch one of them.

This is not the attitude of cop-who-got-guilty. Cop with a guilty should be pushing for his guilty's lynch first.
Again, poor scum logic. I would rather lynch whichever of you is the strongman first so that aronis can rb the other one and prevent any more townies dying

DarkLightA wrote:That was a very scummy post. Especially the assumption of two scum.

I'd like to hear back from Marky on what other investigative results he got previous nights. He must have had several.

So night one I investigated bins after the whole governor thing but got an inno. Night two I investigated reinoe but was roleblocked. Night 3 I investigated reinoe again and this time got an inno.

You are welcome to go ISO me, I have nothing to hide. Meanwhile Rem's guilt is clear from his panicked response and omgus vote on me. Darklight's post also confirms him as scum in my eyes. If he was town he would be way more outraged at being called scum.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:39 am

Post by Aronis »

Ummm, Marky Mark. . . Are you sure about that?
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:42 am

Post by DarkLightA »

VOTE: Marky Mark

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”