al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:27 am

Post by Antihero »

also, town completely tripped and fell into this win

you guys are a bunch of lucky assholes
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:30 am

Post by farside22 »

Roles:

Town:

Paschendale
Character: Devon Jones
Flavor: You are a detective on the Sleepy Hollow task force. Your partner is Morales and you are unaware of anything strange going on.
Role: Vanilla Townie. Your only tool is your vote, use it wisely.
Win Condition: You win when all threats have been eliminated.
Cxinee
Character: LT. Abbie Mills
Flavor: You are Abigail Mills. You had thought about leaving Sleepy Hollow but once the Horseman made his presence know you stuck around to investigate and help prevent the Apocalypse.
Role: Cop. During the night you may PM the name of a player to investigate. You will find out if they are working against Sleepy Hollow.

Tso:
Character: Capt. Frank Irving
Flavor: You are the chief of Sleepy Hollow. At first you found the whole idea of a Horseman ridiculous. Once you see the man yourself you have joined in to fight against the evil invading Sleepy Hollow.
Role: Jail Keeper. During the night you may PM the name of the player you wish to jail during the night. Any action targeting or the person performs will be blocked.

Maxous
Character: Jenny Mills
Flavor: You are Abbie’s younger sister who was placed in a mental institute for talking about what you saw in the woods many years ago. You have broke out of the institute to stop the coming apocalypse.
Role: 2-shot Vig
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Character: Katrina Crane
Flavor: You are a witch. You cast a spell to protect the one you love and to stop the Horseman.
Role: 1- shot resurrection. During the night you may resurrect one player that died (lynched or night killed)
Egg
Character: Sheriff August Corbin – VT
Flavor: You are the sheriff of Sleepy Hollow. You are aware of the secrets of Sleepy Hollow and have collected over the years strange events surrounding your town.

Thesoctorisin
Character: Detective Luke Morales – VT
Flavor: You are Abbie’s ex-boyfriend and a cop for the Sleepy Hollow police force. You still harbor feelings for Abbie
Cait Sith:
Character: Henry Parrish
Flavor: You are a Sin Eater. You eat people’s sin and see evil that lies within by a simple touch.
Role: Memory extractor – During the night PM the name of a player, you will find out what they did the night before.
(results for Mod note: VT did nothing, Vig shot X, Cop results investigated player X, Ect)

mozamis
Character: Cynthai Irving - VT
Flavor: You are Frank Irvings ex-wife and mother to Macey Irving. You split up with Frank for spending more time at work then at home.
Antihero/ TheGoodfather

Neutral
Character: Andy Brooks –(survivor) wins if still alive no matter which team wins.
Flavor: You are affiliated with the coven that resurrected the Horseman, however you have feeling for Abbie Mills, which conflicts with what your master wants. You work both sides but ultimately the master can take control.
Role: You are a Survivor. Your only tool is your vote, use it wisely.
Win Condition: You will if you are still alive at the end of the game no matter which side wins.
Mafia:

RachMarie:
Character: Molok
Flavor: You are the evil behind it all. You created the Horseman, you are putting all the pawns in place to create the apocalypse.
Role: 1 shot cultist and Godfather. During the night you may target a player who will turn to the darkside and be part of the mafia. You may communicate with the mafia for the first 48 hours and at night Here
Win Condition: You win when you equal or outnumber the town
Mod notes: If Molok dies day 1 ability will transfer to Headless horseman.
*Note: If town Power role is targeted the power role will be lost.

Grey Ice:
Character: Headless horseman –(jack-of-trade mafia)
Flavor: You have risen in the 21st century to insure the apocalypse happens. You take great pleasure in making sure Icobad and Detective Abbie Mills fail at saving Sleepy Hollow
Role: Mafia Jack-of-trade. You have the following abilities you can choose from: 1 shot bulletproof mafia, 1 shot role-blocker, 1 shot tracker, 1 shot role cop. You may communicate with the mafia for the first 48 hours and at night Here
During the night PM the name of the player and the ability you will use against the player.
Win Condition: You win when you equal or outnumber the town
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:33 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 699, Antihero wrote:farside...

i like you as a person

but this setup... was bastard
:lol:

I was really happy with my set up, I was sad to see the scum get caught so quickly in this game. Grey had a very powerful role as scum and I would love to have seen it used. I also thought recruiting Cait was a bad idea. I would have culted a low hanging fruit that most didn't read either way for WIFOM.

Town did some great things. I was shocked with Cx wanted to investigate Grey and then Max shooting RachelMarie. Just wow!

FTR Max did lose the shot when he shot night 1 and was JK by TSO
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:33 am

Post by farside22 »

Oh and Icabod Crane was a safe claim for the mafia. When TSO claimed the character I was like WTF!!
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:42 am

Post by Antihero »

a few things:
1. i got really lucky too. if cait wasn't scum, i would have been thoroughly screwed because goodfather's post-hammer vote was like "oh hey look at me, i'm scum".
2. survivor is an awful role. it's all the stress of being scum without the benefit of a kill or scumbuddies. yuck.
2a. i should have gotten a flavor safeclaim. pasch already figured out that my flavor character was 3rd party and i was really nervous about getting caught out on my flavor
3. the setup wasn't bad, i'm not saying it was (it's pretty swingy, but i think that's ok). however, changing alignments/secret cult is bastard and the game should have been advertised as such.
personally, i would have ditched the secret cult/godfather and made the survivor into a scum traitor
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:50 am

Post by Maxous »

:shrug:
I felt goodfather done really well day 1. dunno how 'scum' a survivor is but regardless,
set-up was swingy and I wasn't delighted to see a cultist ( i avoid games with them in it ). cx basically won the game for us with the cop investigation
still, this was a good playerlist and a fun game all round.
thanks for modding, farside.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:52 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 704, Antihero wrote:a few things:
1. i got really lucky too. if cait wasn't scum, i would have been thoroughly screwed because goodfather's post-hammer vote was like "oh hey look at me, i'm scum".
2. survivor is an awful role. it's all the stress of being scum without the benefit of a kill or scumbuddies. yuck.
2a. i should have gotten a flavor safeclaim. pasch already figured out that my flavor character was 3rd party and i was really nervous about getting caught out on my flavor
3. the setup wasn't bad, i'm not saying it was (it's pretty swingy, but i think that's ok). however, changing alignments/secret cult is bastard and the game should have been advertised as such.
personally, i would have ditched the secret cult/godfather and made the survivor into a scum traitor
Survivor is not necessarily a scum role. Last time I saw it a player claimed survivor and lived to end game. So I never thought of a safe claim.
I did say slightly bastard because that was what I was told, I have done one cult game before and advertised it as cult. It helped the town at the very beginning. So I felt slight bastard was fine.
I like the idea of the traitor turn. I was trying something a bit different.
Town was very strong and with one flip (the witch) people started really thinking more.
Maxous wrote::shrug:
I felt goodfather done really well day 1. dunno how 'scum' a survivor is but regardless,
set-up was swingy and I wasn't delighted to see a cultist ( i avoid games with them in it ). cx basically won the game for us with the cop investigation
still, this was a good playerlist and a fun game all round.
thanks for modding, farside.
Thanks for playing! It was a good playerlist and everyone really worked well as town to find scum.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:53 am

Post by GreyICE »

Meh, cop happened, town won.

If the vig had shot me and Cxin investigated the godfather, we would have won.

Such is the breaks in PR heavy games.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:03 am

Post by Antihero »

survivor isn't "scum" per se, but it definitely isn't town. it's not that much fun to play either.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:54 am

Post by T S O »

fuck you scum and fuck your fakeclaims
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:21 am

Post by Egg »

Don't give the cop all the credit. Give him half. Max, good shot N2.
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Goon
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:51 am

Post by Hello Kitty Creampuff »

thank you for the game, farside!

Good job town. :) Wow, what a swing.

- Bert
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:10 am

Post by Malakittens »

Who reviewed this game, I'm curios?
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:12 am

Post by T S O »

In post 650, Malakittens wrote:To be fair I think whoever back up modded probably doesn't understand the degrees of slightly bastard and fully bastard. I remember wanting to pull my hair out from Mara's game when I was a neutral survivor and was ran up and forced to claim and when I did claim I got lynched soloely based on my role even though I had scum pinned.

Changing alignments is very bastard and if Rach's role is true, obv is after it being quoted, then this game wasnt advistered correctly.

The fact is everyone's dancing around about lynching us. Do it, we'll prove we are town and you are looking at everything in the wrong direction.

I'm not going to spend effort and time in a game if we are going to dance for the rest of the deadline deciding that after everything we post you're not goin to take it into consideration and lynch us anyways.
In post 651, T S O wrote:Fair enough, we'll lynch you.
I keep pissing myself re-reading this.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:16 am

Post by Malakittens »

I'm not in the best mood, but mess off TSO. It was a really bad decision to recruit us, our lie got mod confirmed and this game as adv wrong.

Wish I could say my 'being pissed off' is just mafia related but it's not.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:18 am

Post by Paschendale »

Well, thanks for jailing me and saving me on night 1. The shot on night 2 to kill a second scum was definitely a big help, but I think the group as a whole was starting to turn on Grey. I'd suspected him on day 1, and I think that a real battle between him and CX would have turned more people against him when CX flipped, or if CX had saved himself with a claim to avoid a lynch. Sussing out Cait as the cult target was a really good call. I think, actually, I would have been the best target for the cult. I had already had a contentious wagon on me, and it was unlikely that another would have been built without a serious shift in the game.

But this was definitely a highly power-based game. It was highly swing-y due to all the possible night actions.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:33 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 712, Malakittens wrote:Who reviewed this game, I'm curios?
I forgot who reviewed....
I think Venmar

*checks*

Yup it was Venmar.

I don't know if full bastard is accurate. Of course it has been a long time since I have played a bastard game.
I promise my next game is not even close to bastard but it is swingy.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:56 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 709, T S O wrote:fuck you scum and fuck your fakeclaims
...there were no fakeclaims.

We told the truth about our role and losing it (we just left out that we got recruited and that's why we lost our role.)

~~~

Good job town. Even though I'm still pretty salty over getting recruited into a no win situation.

Thanks for running it farside.

I still don't think the entire role pms should be posted.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Antihero »

changing alignments, hidden mechanic w/ the partial reveal until the witch dies, godfather and cult recruit+cop...

yeah, the "bastard" level of this game rivals a Tarhalindur game
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Egg »

I liked the setup.

Preview edit: not even closee to a Tar game.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:15 am

Post by GreyICE »

Well to be a proper Tar game it also has to be designed by someone who is incapable of reading a role PM and thinks he shits gold bricks.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:16 am

Post by GreyICE »

Lets make a 1-shot bulletproof PGO elite bodyguard! There must be some way for the scum to handle this!

As I said, reverse the night actions and it becomes a laughably easy scum win. This wasn't imbalanced, just random.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:57 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

To be fair, I did advertise my game to be bastard and not somewhat bastard, Mala

though, I hadn't even realized this game was advertised to be as such but yeah, this game was completely bastard. The partial reveal was neccessary, IMO and there are alot of normal theme games that have it as such. There being a godfather was grounds for a there to be a cop, and TBQH if we hadn't died so early, Mafia wouldn't have had such a difficult time with their claims and Mala could have done exactly as she had wanted

this game was just, incredibly swingy and night actions pretty much determined which faction won

I also agree on the posting full PM's bit, that kinda swung it towards a town-favored game
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:07 am

Post by Maxous »

personally, I would of been pretty mad panda if i seen CULTIST with no explanation of how the mechanic worked
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:13 am

Post by RachMarie »

Sorry Tammy and Mala :( You guys were so strong a town read I figured it would hold up. Grey was gone most of the time so I had to go with my gut and when he did get back, before deadline he okayed. I most definitely did not count on him being copped I figured I would and as GF would come um inno.

Losing Grey was a tough blow for us. As for me getting killed before I could turn things around did not help. Neither did my being so sick right now.

Interesting game and I could have seen it go our way instead. Clever play on the part of the cop CX. That really hurt our side a lot.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”