mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:32 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Hmm. I don't think DG is scum, now that she's explained why she pushed for TSQ. TSQ probably is scum. ShadowLurker being a scummason is difficult to predict. It's hard for me to conceive the idea of a scum mason, especially with a miller already in the game.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:31 am

Post by StallingChamp »

Whether you believe me to scum or not, can we at least lynch MoS today so that I can give my next result tomorow? I would also like imput on who the town wants me to check.
Show
[color=red][b][i]GO SENS GO[/b][/i][/color]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

High School Mafia coming soon to a Mini Theme Queue near you!
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:39 am

Post by Blackberry »

Ok I believe StallingChamp more now cuz he got a no gun on me.

unvote

only because i want to discuss more before somebody hammers :P --- but my vote will return to MoS after further discussion

Would investigating the OTHER mason be a good idea or bad idea?
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:41 am

Post by Blackberry »

Actually now I'm thinking.

I'm concerned there is no gunsmith switch... But then again, Jules would only know to be Roleblocker Switch if she knew the roleblocker was fake...

*confused*

*sad*

*cries cuz i have a headache*
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:37 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Ok I believe StallingChamp more now cuz he got a no gun on me.
TSQ was the last to claim.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:13 pm

Post by StallingChamp »

I can only assume that it was to prevent Mafias from claiming a gun role...
Show

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:09 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Oh gawd i just realized game started with 17 and it's down to 8 and only 1 mafia dead...

If 4 mafia were left hypothetically then Roleblocker could be the only reason it isn't endgame yet...

4 or 5 mafia? ... anyone have any idea of which would be more likely?

Just throwing out the possibility.

Rethinking, if 4 mafia WERE left it WOULD be EndGame, simply because they could tie all the votes.

So if we started with 4 mafia (out of 17)... I can clearly see a Mafia Godfather as a mason... maybe? Or a mason mafia AND a mafia godfather *shrugs*

No Lynch would allow another Gunsmith investigation and slightly increase our chances of catching scum -- just throwing that out there.
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:12 pm

Post by StallingChamp »

Something else just occured to me. At this point, scum pretty much HAVE to let me survive the night, unless they want to kill a top suspect.
Show

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:51 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Or, you could just refrain from killing yourself. BRILLIANT!

spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:20 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Going back a little:

Why would Jules dare to claim roleblocker switch? Obviously, because Jules knew there was a roleblocker. Jules is scum. This therefore implies that MoS is either a scum-blocker, or scum.

vote: MoS

Mechanics-wise, it makes sense for scum to have some kind of power role to balance the town's power roles. Town having so many power roles is balanced by the switches.

I also don't believe TSQ/Stalling Champ's claim. I don't think it makes sense to have a gunsmith here.
Blank.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:41 am

Post by Blackberry »

SOMEBODY UNVOTE NOW SO WE CAN DISCUSS MORE

*has a nervous feeling mafia may be going for a quick-lynch*
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:00 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

SV, while I do approve of you voting MoS, you must understand that Jules's claim of roleblocker enabler does not prove definitely that MoS is scum, nor does it prove him to be a roleblocker in any way. Jules claimed last, and claimed a very opportunistic role.

MoS is not a mafia roleblocker, he's just mafia.

Was that lynch? I'm not sure. I'd like to hear DG's responce to my questions and try to figure out if we're just being paranoid about ShadowLurker.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:06 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

If 4 mafia were left hypothetically then Roleblocker could be the only reason it isn't endgame yet...
Then they would have killed MoS last night instead of the useless Cop enabler. No, there are only 3 scum left, and MoS is one of them.

Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:11 am

Post by Blackberry »

It wasn't lynch cuz I unvoted.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:46 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Here's how the night went. I contacted my Mason and shared my beliefs. I did most of the talking. I asked for a copy of the night correspondance with my predecessor (I am a replacement) and my request was ignored, and I neglected to remind him.

By that time, we had confirmation that Jules was scum, and I know my theory about scum behavior is right. So I asked him to join forces with me and call for a TQS/SC lynch. I tried to convince on the basis that scum is so consistent in being careful that not all the scum is on any given townie wagon, that I was pretty confident that either TSQ or SV was scum, and that if both were lynched we'd hit at least one scum in the pair. I told him I really didn't think MBF was scummy at all, and that I just didn't get it, and asked that he fill me in on it, that I would join forces with him against MBF if he had a solid case.

He replied only after a few days. He said no one would buy my theory even though I was right about Jules, that there was no proof and that scum very often all jump on a townie wagon (that struck me as insincere and contrived). He said that "we can't make a mistake going after MBF, everybody thinks he's scum for a reason" and told me to read the game, that the signs are all there. He said he wouldn't help with TSQ, that we have to get rid of MBF first. He also warned me that he would try to rattle MoS to see if he's scum, then he's go after MBF full throttle, even if I didn't collaborate, but that it would look bad if I didn't.

My reply was a single comment about how one of us was sure not to survive the night, and he didn't reply again. Then it was dawn.

I thought it was odd that our opinions on who is town, and who is scum was so divergent. And now he's lurking big time.

Before lynching a claimed mason, I'd like to lynch the one that he's protecting and that rings scumbells in the heads of everyone, and whose voting record clearly show is scum.

I don't believe the TSQ/SC claim. I believe he may know who is scum and who is not and might want to get some credibility by sucking up to BB, and either casting false suspicion on one of the mason, or busing his scumbuddy, depending on his alignment, which I believe is scum no matter what. I think it's important to find out which it is, and I would be willing to bet the farm TSQ/SC is Mafia.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:00 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Well, I've been saying that for awhile now. Both MoS and TSQ are scum (the way you hounded him incessently threw me for a curve), and what you say makes me believe that SL is our last scum. That would be awesome, because it would mean that I called all four scum yesterday.

I'm going after MoS today, but if there are more votes for Stalling, then I'll switch. Again, I have less than two weeks left to play, so I'd like to move quickly.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:23 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

MBF wrote:Hmm. MoS, Jules, and tSQ. Who is the last scum? I suppose it could be klebian, but it could also be Nightson. Both of them say so little that it's hard to tell. Of course, we COULD always have a scum mason. That would balance the game more wouldn't it? It's you, isn't it ShadowLurker? You balance the game! You're a scum mason!
Quoted for posterity if I'm right.

DG, does your role PM say anything about knowing your masonpartner to be innocent? I know that ShadowLurker has been acting like a mafia, but he could just be a poor pro-town player if you're told he's clean.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:45 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I think it's almost certain that TSQ/SC is scum. He could very be scum with MoS, and with SL.

Let's say we can agree that MoS and TSQ/SC are equally scummy. If we lynch MoS... it reveals nothing about SL's possible alignment. However... if we lynch TSQ (and I think he's scummier with the roleclaim and the voting record anyway), we will have a pretty good indication about SL's alignment.

If we lynch MoS today, then try for TSQ/SC tomorrow... we might learn about SL's motives too late to be of any use.

The order we do it is important. Wouldn't it be risky to lynch the Mason since lynching TSQ/SC scum is going to give his alignment away for free?

What are we going to learn if we lynch MoS?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:52 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Let's say we can agree that MoS and TSQ/SC are equally scummy.
MoS is scummier than TSQ for me. That why I went after him today. I've had him in my sights longer than TSQ, too.
If we lynch MoS today, then try for TSQ/SC tomorrow... we might learn about SL's motives too late to be of any use.
What possible action could ShadowLurker do tomorrow that would screw the town? Nothing. We outnumber him, and will continue to outnumber him as long as we stay one step ahead of him, assuming he is scum.
The order we do it is important. Wouldn't it be risky to lynch the Mason since lynching TSQ/SC scum is going to give his alignment away for free?
Okay, first of all, lynchin Stalling will prove nothing about ShadowLurker's role. ShadowLurker has defended Stalling, yes, but it does not prove him to be scum instead of just a foolish mason. Second of all, we can still lynch Stalling after we've lynched MoS.
What are we going to learn if we lynch MoS?
I will learn nothing. I already know he's scum. That's why I want to lynch him today.

StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by StallingChamp »

Posting to say that I agree with a MoS lynch completely, and am pretty sure I will check DGB tonight.
Show

Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:37 pm

Post by Blackberry »

I did a re-skim...

Vote: MoS

*crosses fingers that I didn't just ruin the game for us all*
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:47 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

May I remind you, TSQ is no longer in this game, so he would appreciate not being referred to in the present tense. :)
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:59 pm

Post by StallingChamp »

I second that.
Show

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:18 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

THESTATUSQUO IS THE MOST PRESENTEST PLAYER HERE COUNT

5 MoS (Klebian, MBF, THESTATUSQUO, SV, BB)

1 THESTATUSQUO (DGB)
1 MBF (MoS)

5 to lynch...[/quote]

"Lynch! Lynch!"

"You can't lynch me! I'm an imporant member of a secret organization in Japan known as the Yak...Yak...Yakisoba Noodle Cooking Society. I've never even heard of the Yakuza before."

"Ok, then give us noddles."

The man prepares some noodles, yakisoba style. He places some stir-fry vegetables and some terriyaki beef on top.

"How does it taste?" he asks the town.

In unison they cry, "Lynch! Lynch!"

MoS, Mafia, Lynched Day 4!

Night 5 time!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:15 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

"Dude...I mean...like...we're all...like...evil yakuza...and like...still...it's cool...and all...but I like...feel...there's like...a void in my life...you know what I mean, man?"

"There is no void."

"Wha???"

"I have killed the void."

Spectrumvoid, Ammunitions Dealer, Killed Night 5!

Day 5! With...uh...I got to go...figure out how many to lynch for yourself.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”